Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions (19474 Views)

UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures / Oyo, Ogun And Osun Lead In Engineering University Admissions / Esm- Benin University Admissions Info For Nigerian Applicants And Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Grace001: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2020
Quota system still favors the north so I doubt if they will stop it.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by slowice(m): 7:07am On Nov 10, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Nepotism (which in this case is quota system) should not be allowed in the educational system... But that it reigns supreme in these parts shows the value they have for education.

Everyone should have the same fighting chance!

See the comparison a supposed professor is making? Already shows how dumb some schooled folks are hence not seeing anything wrong with the system

That Prof is a product of similar quota system now see the silly comparison he is making.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by slowice(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2020
Quota system has over stayed its usefulness
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Seniorwriter(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2020
[quote author=my2chains post=95875238]please I need a partner in farming pepper, okro, and ugu leaf here in lagos,
i did got a land with borehole already but no funds to continue.

so there is water available there.
I need to go back and complete this great task,
a budget of 60-75k will do.

please do call me on 0903288449
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Seniorwriter(m): 7:12am On Nov 10, 2020
my2chains:
please I need a partner in farming pepper, okro, and ugu leaf here in lagos,
i did got a land with borehole already but no funds to continue.

so there is water available there.
I need to go back and complete this great task,
a budget of 60-75k will do.

please do call me on 09032884494

thanks and God bless!

Do the needful like I stated in your thread ........so serious people can take this seriously!
What is the basis to your budget of 60-75k?

Anyways
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by showafrica(m): 7:12am On Nov 10, 2020
Dozis:
Sacrificing merit on the altar of mediocrity, all over the world, admissions into universities are based on excellence but everything here is a joke, rob Peter to pay Paul.

Abokkiis drawing South back with Dangote trailer since 1970.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Masterclass32: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2020
Nigeria always waiting for the North.

Yet, the same north that is dragging the country backwards are the ones in power.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Princedapace(m): 7:14am On Nov 10, 2020
If you do not restructure the country back to six nations or practice true federalism, you all are wasting your time.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by my2chains(m): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2020
Seniorwriter:

Do the needful like I stated in your thread ........so serious people can take this seriously!
What is the basis to your budget of 60-75k?

Anyways

it is a lifetime partnership sir.
can generate 250-300k from this in 5-6 months
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Hassanmaye(m): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2020
Esseite:
Its amazing that the policy was enacted due to the civil war, but the SE which suffered massive destruction both in schools and infrastructures least benefitted from the said policy...

It's also amazing that GEJ whom built over 400 basic primary schools in the North and over 12 federal universities across Nigeria was stoned in same North seeking education...

Wisdom will fire you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Seniorwriter(m): 7:23am On Nov 10, 2020
my2chains:

it is a lifetime partnership sir.
can generate 250-300k from this in 5-6 months

You seem not to get it.....I didn't ask you what it generates or the ROI ...my question was simple "what is the basis for the 60k -75k projection you posted"
Well I hope you can do better ...

Anyways contact me on Facebook if you really want to properly get this right....No need to quote or reply me if you feel otherwise!
Cheers

©Seniorwriter
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Sunkyapogee(m): 7:29am On Nov 10, 2020
Akwa ibom?? shocked
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by my2chains(m): 7:30am On Nov 10, 2020
Seniorwriter:

You seem not to get it.....I didn't ask you what it generates or the ROI ...my question was simple "what is the basis for the 60k -75k projection you posted"
Well I hope you can do better ...

Anyways contact me on Facebook if you really want to properly get this right....No need to quote or reply me if you feel otherwise!
Cheers

©Seniorwriter

OK I will sir,
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by hotseat: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2020
For how long must this quota system continue? Haba!

It is damned discriminatory, biased and retrogressive.
This policy was specifically meant to satisfy the feudal instincts of the North. The southern states included in the so-called educationally disadvantaged states was meant to hoodwink the gullible. Just imagine, Rivers State ranked among educationally disadvantaged states!

Okokobioko!

QUOTA SYSTEM IN THE EDUCATION SECTOR IS A FRAUD!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by 2Ways(m): 7:54am On Nov 10, 2020
Rgade:
I agree with the first part.
I wonder how states like Rivers,kaduna, akwa ibom etc still get classified as ELDs even Ebonyi and kano.
Nigeria that has the highest paid lawmakers in the world,yet so useless.
If they try and try and manage to pass one bill or implement one policy,to review it will be in the next 50-100 years.
Most laws and policies we have today are simply not understandable again when you place them against the backdrop of present realities, they just don't fit any longer. But we have lawmakers that earn millions of dollars annually for coming to work 2 days a week and still can't stay awake for 2hrs.

where did you see AKWA ibom state as ELD?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by captianfreeman(m): 7:59am On Nov 10, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Nepotism (which in this case is quota system) should not be allowed in the educational system... But that it reigns supreme in these parts shows the value they have for education.

See the comparison a supposed professor is making? Already shows how dumb some schooled folks are hence not seeing anything wrong with the system

Quota system predecessor.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by IdeasPro(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2020
Whoever suggested, introduced and approved the quota system, in the first place, is a failure and he/she is an undesirable element of growth and development. In the name of selfish interest, our leaders continue to sign all manner of policies that are inimical to progress.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 10, 2020
It's high time.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by frog12: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2020
states have their UNIVERSITIES and budget. they should practice the QUOTA system over there.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Mosco100(m): 8:15am On Nov 10, 2020
Please quickly remove that shit of a system and give my younger ones in Abịa State admission, they deserve it more than those mediocres will ever do.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by legatto(m): 8:18am On Nov 10, 2020
They had from time immemorial successfully empowered the north in all strata, from defence to education to politics and yet they continued to drag the rest of the nation. Imagine everyone else believes the quota system as outlived its relevance given undue advantages to the disadvantaged regions even when they are now capable except the norhern folks who are against it, how do we move forward as a nation.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Aguogba(m): 8:22am On Nov 10, 2020
Esseite:
Its amazing that the policy was enacted due to the civil war, but the SE which suffered massive destruction both in schools and infrastructures for 3 years least benefitted from the said policy...

It's also amazing that GEJ whom built over 400 basic primary schools in the North and over 12 federal universities across Nigeria was stoned in same North seeking education equality via quota system..

This thing is just common sense..
Funny enough the same SE leads the whole country in all education metrics in this country.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Olakunleyakub(m): 8:37am On Nov 10, 2020
You are correct bro

The system is just giving room for failures

I want both catchment and qouta system be scrapped jawe

It has never bridged any gap and I doubt if it will

Imagine the numbers of qualified applicants dropping all in the name of qouta nonsense.
onyekakingsley:
We live in a failed system. Quota system encourages failure and doesn't give you the best brains
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Casper21: 8:47am On Nov 10, 2020
I don't understand something here. Were the Northern states part of Nigeria b4 the colonization? Cos it seems they are less privileged in everything and that quota was made for them.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by edoairways: 8:49am On Nov 10, 2020
Dozis:
Sacrificing merit on the altar of mediocrity, all over the world, admissions into universities are based on excellence but everything here is a joke, rob Peter to pay Paul.
Every country has it's unique way of admission

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Naijaarchive(m): 8:53am On Nov 10, 2020
Everything in Nigeria is just anyhow....
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by Cmanforall: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2020
adenigga:

https://m.guardian.ng/News/Nigerians-query-25-year-old-quota-policy-in-varsity-admissions

What are they waiting for to scrap it?

Students should be admitted based in their academic performance and university's cut-offs. All these quota system based on State of Origin should be abolished immediately!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by HonLord: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

ONE NIGERIA - Anything that will favour the North and their slaves is OK. If the oil in the South was found in the North, Britain would have been the first to say "Amalgamation we did has expired"; but because Britain is benefiting from the 419, Nigeria is a nation. I pray God to send his armies to visit the area called Nigeria one Friday morning or Saturday evening and see what to do. Please Lord, visit us to carryout some Environmental Sanitation in Jesus Name - Amen.
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by GallantDuke(m): 10:24am On Nov 10, 2020
Very soon our MUMURIC Prof. will come out to defend the useless quota system
Re: Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions by ebenezer202l(f): 11:14am On Nov 10, 2020
Rgade:
I agree with the first part.
I wonder how states like Rivers,kaduna, akwa ibom etc still get classified as ELDs even Ebonyi and kano.
Nigeria that has the highest paid lawmakers in the world,yet so useless.
If they try and try and manage to pass one bill or implement one policy,to review it will be in the next 50-100 years.
Most laws and policies we have today are simply not understandable again when you place them against the backdrop of present realities, they just don't fit any longer. But we have lawmakers that earn millions of dollars annually for coming to work 2 days a week and still can't stay awake for 2hrs.
Rivers and Akwa ibom were removed from Elds, it's now CRS and Bayelsa as the only states in SS and Ebonyi (SE)
The rest are all northern states

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others / Two Nairalanders Sign Out Of UNIOSUN. / What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.