Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Willful Sin: The Grace Of God Is Not A License To Sin (part2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Willful Sin: The Grace Of God Is Not A License To Sin (part2) (135 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Willful Sin: The Grace Of God Is Not A License To Sin (part2) by topshore(f): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2020
Text: Hebrew 10: 26-27

Today, we shall be looking at the dangers of 'wilful' sin. Romans 6:1

Sin is pervasive but as children of God, we have to come out from among them and stand out as light in the sinful world. (2 Corinthians 6: 14-18).

What is 'Wilful' Sin?
- It is a sin you preconceive in your mind.
- It is a deliberate sin
- It is a sin you commit consciously
- You 'intentionally' commit the sin in full knowledge.
- You must have deliberated on it and mapped out the strategy, especially to cover it up.
- You don't fall into a wilful sin but actually committ it willingly.
- Even when the Spirit of God in you is telling you not to do it, you rebel thus a rebellious sin.
-It is a sin borne out of hardness of heart.
- It is a sin everybody commits ( including Believers) until you distinguish yourself apart for the Lord and come out from among them.

How Does God Perceive Those Who Sin Wilfully?
In our text today, some points are highlighted to enable us know the mind of God toward sins deliberately committed.
1. They are regarded as enemy of God. (Heb. 20:27)
2. There is no longer any sacrifice or grace that can cover their sins(vs 26).
3. They have rebelled against the knowledge of the 'Truth' they received.
4. They have trampled on the Son of God.
5. They have treated the Blood of the Covenant which made us holy, as if it were a common Blood and unholy.
6. They have insulted and disdain the Holy Spirit who brings God's mercy to us.
7. They have taken the grace of God for granted.

Examples of Willful:
1. Preconceived and well mapped out lies.
2. Strategic deception and fraudulence.
3. Backsliding (Hebrew 6:4-6).
4. Rejection of the Son of God, nailing Him to the Cross again and holding Him up to public shame.

Dangers/Consequences of Willful Sin.
Many believers are still being deceived by the Devil to hide under grace to commit sin. A man of God once said "any grace you get and the 'Truth' of the Word is missing in it will turn to 'disgrace' and 'shame'. Thus the Bible says:
1.There is only the terrible expectation of God's Judgement and the raging fire that will consume His enemies (Heb. 10:27).
2. You may fall in the hands of the Living God,which is a terrible thing. (Heb 10: 30-31).
3. Your prayers become sins and hindered.
4. Reduces and frustrates the grace of God in one's life.
5. Satanic molestation and manifestation.
6. Perpetual fear, anxiety and bondage.
7. Exposure to punishment and judgement of God.
8. You may be banished from God's presence.

How To Stop/Overcome Willful Sin.
- Stop deceiving yourself that God will understand you when you want to commit the sin. Be honest with yourself, especially when you are alone.
- Accept that you are a sinner, humbly ask for forgiveness and repent completely.
- Never shift blame
- Don't pamper or justify your misdeeds.
- Be conscious and sensitive to sins personally because we are all prone to commit sin.
- Avoid it prayerfully (James 4:7)

Prayer Points
1. Oh Lord, empower me to live above sin in the name of Jesus.
2. Power of sin over my life, break, in the name of Jesus.
3. Oh Lord, keep me from willful sin (Psalm 19:13).
4. I shall not fall away from God in the name of Jesus.
5. Any power that wants me to fall into repeated sins of eternal darkness and damnation, be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
6. Blood of Jesus, cleanse me and help me to live a holy life in Christ in Jesus mighty name, amen.

Peace!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Blessing Others With What You Have / Joshua Iginla, US Medical Team Offer Free Healthcare For All / Let Us Not Stop Tract Production And Distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.