Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? (5616 Views)

APC Will Address All Issues Of Human Rights Abuses By Gov.Wike– Oyegun / I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by benimeogu(f): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
I
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by turboman(m): 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
Pataki:

I really wonder what kind of graduates UK institutions are churning out these days. undecided So, your Patience Jonathan can be likened to Indian and Chinese women? Anyways, I already know not every pig living in the UK has sufficient grasps of logical reasoning in English language.

sorry, i couldn't convinced you. But why don't you try competing with these illiterates in polities and see if you can beat them with your knowledge
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by omo9ja1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
i dom laugh 0oo0000

ok english na force

she would have speak her language to address public
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by omo9ja1(m): 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2011
this woman no go kill 0o0o0 with her gramatical bugabuga lol
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by damas11111(m): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
This is more than hillarious! I GO LAUGH DIE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by damas11111(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
On a seriou note, must the woman campaign? Na wa for our FIRST FAMILY O.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Pataki: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
turboman:

sorry, i couldn't convinced you. But why don't you try competing with these illiterates in polities and see if you can beat them with your knowledge
Pardon me for my naivety, are you living in the UK with this pathetic English of yours? grin cheesy grin
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by bisiaet: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2011
I appreciate you people in Nairaland talking about Jonathan's wife, what about malam Buhari wives and Malam  ribadus wives. where  are they during this critical campaign period. At least we need to see them assess them  to see if they are capable of occupying the seat of first ladies or Lady - i don't know how many wives they got.
Please let us be fair to this woman, at least she have a strong courage to stand by her husband at this critical period of his political career.

God bless you.

Sometime I felt so bad when people just pick on this woman for not doing anybody wrong this is not fair at least we all have mother at home. This woman upon all her shortcoming she stood by her husband and never mind her errors, to me she is a mother and a true wife.

But let wait for a second where is Ribadu wife? Hmmm where is Buhari wife even since he was military president till today? Has any of these guys wife or wives  seen anywhere or ever address or give a talk anywhere?Lets hear them first then we shall know if they are good English speaker or not.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Make una free dis woman joor. She is THE First Lady, notwitstanding her purported oratorical/grammatical inadequacies. . .and that's simply just that. She didn't seek your votes to become First Lady. She became First Lady as a natural consequence of her husband's providential ascension to the presidency; how is that her fault? Are you suggesting that she should be barred from exercising the traditional, albeit unofficial, public duties that her position necessitates? As long as she is sufficiently literate to communicate her thoughts to her audience I don't think she should be ceaselessly bashed for not possessing the eloquence of a Hilary Clinton and whatnot.

Cut the woman some slack abeg! I'm sure most of these unaccomplished, nit-picking 'grammarian-wannabes' that derive self-consoling pleasure from bashing the First Lady would gladly trade their present empty lives for her's! I'm just sick of the relentless sniggering at the woman and her speeches by people who are smugly self-satisfied for no good reason. It has all become a 'smug-fest' of sorts. Mscheeeew.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by koyuid(m): 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
what a sorry excuse for a first lady!

Nigerians will defend anything in the name of partisanship! i weep for this country.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by damas11111(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
bisiaet:

God bless you.

Sometime I felt so bad when people just pick on this woman for not doing anybody wrong this is not fair at least we all have mother at home. This woman upon all her shortcoming she stood by her husband and never mind her errors, to me she is a mother and a true wife.

But let wait for a second where is Ribadu wife? Hmmm where is Buhari wife even since he was military president till today? Has any of these guys wife or wives  seen anywhere or ever address or give a talk anywhere?Lets hear them first then we shall know if they are good English speaker or not.

Listen to yourself! For all I care, GEJ, his wife and entire household are public figures and they represent Nigeria and Nigerians in whatever they do. They cannot be judged as privates citizens. Hope you get that.

Secondly, it's not a compulsion for this woman to speak English. If she chooses to speak then ANYONE is at liberty to critisize her. Mind you, we are not talking of mistakes here but her mudering of the language.

On Buhari's and Ribadu's wives, as I've said earlier, it's not compulsory they campaign for their husbands in the public if they have limitations in their speaking ability. This woman is a disgrace to Nigeria. The Queen may order her arrest for killing the English language. Shame.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Bawses(m): 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
[I have been hearing about this woman until I Youtube'd it. Would you be proud if the foremost lady who speaks for you as a Nigerian delivers an address anywhere outside Nigeria and she spoke like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxdwkzVGz48&feature=related]

what is the difference between you and her??
SPOKE indeed!!!!
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2011
Pataki:

Acute display of mental deficiency by these pro-GEJ.

This is the same wife of the president acclaimed to have a Bachelor's degree, but yet goes about throwing away grammatical bullets.

A woman not educated enough has no business announcing her ignorance and gross under-development in nation building. Let her remain in the kitchen confines where her as*s is of most admirable.

Exactly my thoughts. Bachelors my behind!

Wadosky:

I don't think english is a must for every citizen of this country,our firstlady can speak her native dialet and get an interpreter
Please review your post and see how ignorant it sounds. In a country with English as lingua franca, and having reportedly passed through the 4 walls of a  secondary school/university? separate sentiments from facts, she is a dullard. You may like her personality, I don't have a problem with that, but dont defend the indefensible.
turboman:

Stale new. All Nigerian's do is condemn, condemn, condemn, condemn, and condemn; Nobody ever comes up with a solution. This Mrs. Jonathan's issue has lingered for too long, its better you come up with a reasonable advise/solution for her than to keep condemning. This wrong approach is a major reason why there is no progress in this country

I guess you deliberately turn a blind eye to all comments and threads where people advised her to seek private lessons from a tutor?

NaijaNile:

i dont understand u guys, GEJ didnt set out to be President as we all know, so there's no way he could have prepared for the office by making sure his wife speaks well. Credit to him though, he stuck to his wife unlike some ppl we know who abandoned the wives of their youth for professional 1st ladies. This even portrays GEJ as a well brought up person, grounded with correct home training. Make una leave d woman she will improve. She is the wife of his youth and GEJ will not abandon her now in his time of glory after all the suffering of many years.

FYI, he was deputy gov., Governor, vice president, president. Before all that, she was the wife to a lecturer. By every standard imaginable, that was ample time for her to brush up her spoken English or shut the eph up!

Bawses:

[I have been hearing about this woman until I Youtube'd it. Would you be proud if the foremost lady who speaks for you as a Nigerian delivers an address anywhere outside Nigeria and she spoke like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxdwkzVGz48&feature=related]

what is the difference between you and her??
SPOKE indeed!!!!

spoke is the correct tense there boy! dont display any more ignorance than you've already done.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Fidelo726: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2011
peaceland:

for the person asking about bb's wife - i saw her on tv few days ago, looked a bit young, was reading a speech; falters a bit (in my opinion) but i would rate her a bit higher than dame patience. i have not heard/seen Mrs ribadu talked yet
i love Mrs Patience's spirit anyway she is quite bold.
i think if pastor tb joshua can do it; then she too can do it. she can imbibe mrs abdulsalam abubakar's spirit and become less of a public figure for a short time while she polishes her english; by the time she comes out in say 12 months she would be much more better. thank you

Thank you for your observation.
That lady should be about 30years or more younger than the general.
That is all they do.
They use women for politics.
Probably if he loses this election, he will go for another younger lady.
SHIO!
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Abuna: 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
First and foremost, English is not her mother tongue and we all understand what she's trying to communicate. I don't know about Americans but quite a proportion of English people don't even speak the so called correct 'English'. I'm somewhat sure some Americans don't from what I see on tv. This is my own opinion though.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Fidelo726: 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
peaceland:

for the person asking about bb's wife - i saw her on tv few days ago, looked a bit young, was reading a speech; falters a bit (in my opinion) but i would rate her a bit higher than dame patience. i have not heard/seen Mrs ribadu talked yet
i love Mrs Patience's spirit anyway she is quite bold.
i think if pastor tb joshua can do it; then she too can do it. she can imbibe mrs abdulsalam abubakar's spirit and become less of a public figure for a short time while she polishes her english; by the time she comes out in say 12 months she would be much more better. thank you

Thank you for your observation.
The lady you saw I quess should not be less than 30years younger than Buhari.
That is what they do, use women for politics.
Probably if he loses this one , he goes for a younger one.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by BOONDOCKS: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2011
You guys are really baffling me!! if you all like, you can go and jump into lake chad!! She's still your 1st lady!!!
There is nothing anyone can do about it!!

All these critics, go and check your kindred and see how many of your uncles and aunts can express themselves when your friends are around!!!
Not to talk of addressing the public!!

She'll improve for sure!! Let her be!

DAME is courageous! The best way to overcome your weakness is to confront it which she's actually doing!!!

Some of you on this thread will even hide your mothers when your friends visit your house and you are here ranting,

Ya'll HATERS get a life
!

So GEJ should divorce her or marry a younger chic with better proficiency in English language?

SHE GOT GUTS!! And she'll definitely get better with her pronunciations and lexical constructions ,
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by omoajiri(m): 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2011
i beg leave ds 'umblera' spoking woman.
She said & i quote ''my husband & sambo is a good people.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by CrudeOil2(m): 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
Why wont you people leave this woman alone!
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by eghost247(m): 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2011
Crude Oil:

Why wont you people leave this woman alone!
I Wonder
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by msGoldie: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa i go die because of laf here oooo hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa na laf i def since oooooo make person com carry me up ooo d video is soo funny grin
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by konkolok: 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
Blame IBB for introducing a non-existent office of a first lady and blame all other mumus for copying. BB and RA seem to be intelligent enough to know there is no need exposing their spouses to ridicule. Wives of presidents and governors have no official duties apart from standing besides them. I just pity the poor lady sha but i like her boldness, wish her husband was half as bold. BB is the answer.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Kristaz(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
People should stop making moumtains out of molehills.D gramaatical blunders of Dme Patience is not d part of our problem as a nation.While are we hunting for the rabbit when our place of abode is on fire?Moses was not eloquent but he was a great leader!Dame's personal aides are doing something about it,so let's stop crucifying dis lady bc of her grammatical deficiency.Everybody has a weak point,let accept Dame's bluners as her weakpint and vote massively for GEJ,
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by gohome: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2011
BOONDOCKS:

You guys are really baffling me!! if you all like, you can go and jump into lake chad!! She's still your 1st lady!!!

All these critics, go and check your kindred and see how many of your uncles and aunts can express themselves when your friends are around!!!

DAME is courageous! The best way to overcome your weakness is to confront it which she's actually doing!!!

Some of you on this thread will even hide your mothers when your friends visit your house and you are here ranting,

Ya'll HATERS get a life
!

So GEJ should divorce her or marry a younger chic with better proficiency in English language?

SHE GOT GUTS!! And she'll definitely get better with her pronunciations and lexical constructions ,

BOONDOCKS:

[b]Some of you on this thread will even hide your mothers when your friends visit your house and you are here ranting,

Ya'll HATERS get a life[/b]!

take it easy. A wife of a lecturer speaks like this and you are not worried? na wah oh. Patience should be hidden until she can make one constructive sentence.
Guess you dont have a sense of humor as well.
enjoy her tweets maybe it will help
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-620200.0.html
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by DerMeister: 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
If your wife cant speak good english, keep her in the kitchen and dont bring her out to disgrace yourself and in this case our country, Election candidates use their wives for campaigns when they bring value, communicating to women and kids on issues that affect them. If she can't speak English, she should limit her speeches to pidgen english and only in local or market settings, where she would be understood,

In other words, she should be seen and not heard,
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by White007(m): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
Kristaz:

People should stop making moumtains out of molehills.D gramaatical blunders of Dme Patience is not d part of our problem as a nation.While are we hunting for the rabbit when our place of abode is on fire?Moses was not eloquent but he was a great leader!Dame's personal aides are doing something about it,so let's stop crucifying dis lady bc of her grammatical deficiency.Everybody has a weak point,let accept Dame's bluners as her weakpint and vote massively for GEJ,

I Concure!
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Adamuenero(m): 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
The way most of us make a fool of ourselves is becoming alarming. We will be the one to expose ourselves to the outside world that Nigeria is this it is that and besides is the english language her language and what is the problem if she does not speak it well.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by oada: 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2011
abeg, make una leave this matter. she is the wife of the president and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it, and come may 29 , she most likely will be our first lady for another 4 year. Guys just try and love her the way she is, there mnust lots of other goodness in her. like someone wrote earlier, they didnt ask for this position, God put them there I believe strongly. so let it be please.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by IYANGBALI: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
kai i know say now our 1st lady go dey regret say she no go school well well grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by CyberG: 1:02am On Mar 17, 2011
Nigerians cannot hold the people that lead them to a HIGHER STANDARD! Yet, they like to go to other places to enjoy the fruit of some other people's labor who elect only the best among the best into leadership positions!
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by yeswecan(m): 3:13am On Mar 17, 2011
What's she on about? i don't seem to get her message. Can someone please tell what the women for change initiative stands for . .  jet around preaching a drivel and message-less gospel.  Good for us though. We had Turai and Nigerians systematically created a monster off her now this is the real deal. I don't remember Turai fooling herself in this manner.

The comic relief will soon turn a national disgrace.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Fhemmmy: 4:21am On Mar 17, 2011
This is sad and pathetically rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tambuwal Speech At 2013 Budget Presentation / Buhari's Response To Dele Momodu: My Thoughts... / This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.