Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,656 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly (8603 Views)

Text Of Sanwo-Olu's Speech At Dangote Fertilizer's Opening (Video) / "4 More Years!" - Reps, Senators Hail Buhari As He Presents 2019 Budget (PHOTOS) / Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Lanrelagboi: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2020

BEING THE TEXT OF AN ADDRESS DELIVERED BY HIS EXCELLENCY, MR BABAJIDE OLUSOLA SANWO-OLU, AT THE PRESENTATION OF THE 2021 LAGOS BUDGET PROPOSAL, TO THE LAGOS STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, ON TUESDAY, 10TH NOVEMBER 2020.

Mr. Speaker,

It has been almost 18 months since I became the 15th Governor of Lagos State: while the last one and a half years have been consequential and memorable: today’s budget presentation provides an opportunity to enunciate our fiscal vision for the next one year while quantifying our challenges, triumphs and developmental achievements in the last 12 months.

In November 2019, I presented a Year 2020 comprehensive budget to this Honourable House in line with the policy thrust of my administration, which we christened The Budget of Awakening to a Greater Lagos. I am here today to present the Year 2021 Appropriation Bill, which we have rightly christened the Budget of Rekindled Hope.

The year 2021 is one of Rekindled Hope in accordance with recent events of global and national proportions especially the coronavirus pandemic, the EndSARS protests, the general feeling of disenchantment in the polity, the socio-economic yearnings of Lagosians for good governance, and the stringent calls in all societal spheres for a more representative democracy that speaks to the issues of sovereign wealth, economic growth, consistent progress and equitable quality of life.

Mr Speaker, the 2021 Appropriation Bill encompasses the message of rekindled hope, the same message we have been disseminating to Lagosians since March when we experienced the first COVID-19 case and since October 11 when the ENDSARS protests first erupted in Lagos State.

MORE THAN EVER BEFORE, OUR GOVERNMENT REMAINS COMMITTED TO COMMUNAL COHESIVENESS AND INTER-ETHNIC UNITY.
More than ever before, our government remains committed to communal cohesiveness and inter-ethnic unity. We will resist every attempt to cause division among the numerous ethnic nationalities who call Lagos State home.

Lagos State remains a microcosm of the entire African continent and a melting pot for all Nigerians: nothing and no one can undermine our security, continued oneness, and our unrivalled dedication to the prosperity of our people.

This budget presentation reflects our desire to rebuild the trust of our people in this government even as we commit significant human and financial resources to the rebuilding of Lagos while doing all we can to move on from the looting, arson, destruction, and vandalism which we witnessed in this state barely three weeks ago.

LET ME REITERATE THAT THIS IS THE TIME FOR ALL OF US TO UNITE FOR A MORE PROSPEROUS LAGOS STATE: THIS IS THE TIME TO COLLECTIVELY OPTIMIZE EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES IN A RAPIDLY CHANGING GLOBALIZED WORLD.

Let me reiterate that this is the time for all of us to unite for a more prosperous Lagos State: this is the time to collectively optimize emerging opportunities in a rapidly changing globalized world. We have audacious governance goals, which we cannot achieve without the concerted efforts of all our people- we should not allow the events of the past few months to obliterate our consistent cycles of socio- economic progress. Let us begin to rebuild our state with determination and optimism, even as we advance the interests of the electorate and restore their confidence in this government.

I want all Lagosians to know that the protection of lives and property remains a priority of this administration: to the entrepreneurs whose businesses were looted and vandalized, I urge you to take the helping hand offered by the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund while we work on other interventions to cushion the effect of your losses. We are in this together, we share the resilient Lagos Spirit, which abhors defeat; we must be intentional about courageously rebuilding Lagos State, which has always been reputed for its political and economic freedom.

I AT THIS JUNCTURE CRAVE YOUR INDULGENCE TO OFFER A MINUTE SILENCE IN HONOUR OF OUR HEROES, OUR YOUTH AND OUR CHILDREN, AS WELL AS OUR GALLANT POLICE OFFICERS, WHO LOST THEIR LIVES DURING THE ENDSARS PROTESTS: THEY LOST THEIR LIVES WHILE TRYING TO MAKE NIGERIA A BETTER PLACE

Before I delve into the 2021 budget estimate, may I at this juncture crave your indulgence to offer a minute silence in honour of our heroes, our youth and our children, as well as our gallant police officers, who lost their lives during the ENDSARS protests: they lost their lives while trying to make Nigeria a better place, a country we all can be truly proud of.
May their souls rest in peace.

Lagos-2021-Budget-Of-Rekindled-Hope

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1326107517424984064?s=19

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Simplyleo: 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lagos state is the headquarters of East while Sanwo Olu is the Gov general.

I expect criticisms, comments etc from our brothers from the East. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by DennisEche(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2020
I HATE TO SEE BEEN NEXT TO ZOMBIES AFTER COMMENTS

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by jullary(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2020
Thank u jesus
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by classicfrank4u(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2020
Nice speech..I know he has his own shortcomings but de man de try

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by HAPPINESSSS(f): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

WELDON GOVERNOR.
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by classicfrank4u(m): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

I expect criticisms, comments etc from the East.
Grow up dude, you're too old for this cry

11 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Ayo2004: 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2020
Fake budget...he will not state the percent of that budget that goes to his daddy grin

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Kennyfancy(m): 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
H
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by dejonathan(f): 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
Am I the only one that doesn't see how much the budget is

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Simplyleo: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
classicfrank4u:

Grow up
E pain am.

E really pain am.

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by frandal: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lol...
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by bigstan11787(m): 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
How much did he say the budget for 2021 is again?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by classicfrank4u(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

E pain am.

E really pain am.
Yes, e pain me say u no gree get sense lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by olisefom: 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
This man would do better barring interference
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Patosky4U: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
My man, I can't help but to love this man swag.

May all enemy of the state live to see a more prosperous Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Simplyleo: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
classicfrank4u:

Yes, e pain me say u no gree get sense lipsrsealed
Okay, igbo man

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by victons(m): 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2020
grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by tolumizzy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by WrittyWritter(f): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Abeg how much is d budget ...I hope dey added Sugar Daddy's own so dat he will try to leave d others alone plus..we have to know how much we give dat man smiley
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2020
Nice, Sanwo-Olu is indeed a rare gem, a very passionate leader who has the people at heart but for the forces around him

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by RexTramadol1: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2020
Yes, and hopefully this budget works the way it is projected to

The last one couldn’t due to unforeseen circumstances.

Lagos will be better for everything that happened to it recently.

Our hope surely has to be rekindled.
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Okoroawusa: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lagos....

WE RISE!!
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by RedScorpion(f): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

Must every topic in Nairaland turn to Yoruba and Igbo fight. ?
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by AmazingELixir: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Demolism: 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
e gbega ilu eko!!!

ajumo se ni!

LONG LIVE GOV. SANWOOLU!
LONG LIVE LAGOS STATE
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by SmartPolician: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

As a proud Igbo guy, I don't understand that senseless obsession
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Nogym(m): 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2020
let wait and see the end result.
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by JosephXavier: 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

Okay, igbo man

Are you better than Igbos?
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by oluwasegun007(m): 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2020
Not impressed in as much as he report to his daddy...Lagos will remain in standstill.
Re: Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly by Dollanaira: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Okotie: Why Presidential Candidates’ Campaign Promises Will Fail / Abia PDP To Otti: Publish The Names Of The Alleged Ghost Workers / See Fashola's House In Ikoyi That Lagos State Built For Him As Former Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.