Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn (36084 Views)

My Brother's Company Takes Him To Court Because He Resigned / Nigerian Police Officer Dies A Day Before His Promotion Letter Was Released / My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by IMASTEX: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2020
Hmm
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:12am On Nov 11, 2020
They HRM did what they call 'do me I do u God no go vex'
Keeping in touch with his manager is not a guarantee that he will be taken. Why did he resign from the company first
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by bisi16(m): 11:12am On Nov 11, 2020
Move on. there's nothing he can do.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Solatium(m): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt:
About 2 years ago, my brother started working for this company as an intern. The agreement with his manager was that he will be confirmed within 6 months. After about 18months without confirmation, he resigned from the job but still kept contact with people from his former job.

Fast forward to some weeks ago, he heard that his former company needed personnel at a new branch in a new state and it's strictly an internal recruitment. So he met his former manager and expressed interest, the manager pushed his name (eligibility is dependent solely on recommendation by your branch manager) and he alongside others went through series of interviews at the end of which he was employed. Suffice to say that the HR manager was part of these interviews.

He was sent an offer letter plus other documents and he resumed last week monday. Last week Tuesday, he was called by the HRM who asked him series of questions after which the HRM said he didn't know all this while that my brother isn't an active staff and that he (the HRM) was hoodwinked by the branch manager. His argument was tgat there were other eligible candidates who could have been recommended, but the manager brought someone from outside.

Now, the offer letter to my brother has been withdrawn. Same guy that resigned his job the moment he received this offer, he has even told everyone that mattered tgat he was relocating.
Please is there anything we can do to salvage this, it's so heartbreaking. I don't know where they expect him to start from when he gets home.

There is nothing your brother can do about it.
The instructions was clear,an in house recruitment and as the last Check your brother had resigned.
Sorry about that
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Kurtis02(m): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2020
Your brother is just indecisive, jumping back and forth..

He should seek for advice from the manager that pushed his name. Maybe he can help remedy the situation.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Elsueno: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2020
Some Nigerians are practically evil incarnate, How could you withdraw someone you have already hired because of such silly reason. If I do such a thing, I won't even able to sleep comfortably at night. I just can't imagine dashing someone hopes like that. I bet my left balls d HRM want to bring his relatives and your connect was the weakest, so it got severed

Sorry man, better days ahead

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Kobicove(m): 11:14am On Nov 11, 2020
I'm not sure if there is anything your brother can do at this point except seek legal redress but that will cost serious money which he obviously does not have undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by KristenT: 11:16am On Nov 11, 2020
To be able to know how to assist, I will like to see the employment Contract.

Did he sign and return a copy to them?

Was there any provision in the contract that he is under probation or that his being part of the company was essential in retaining the job?
creolehunt:
About 2 years ago, my brother started working for this company as an intern. The agreement with his manager was that he will be confirmed within 6 months. After about 18months without confirmation, he resigned from the job but still kept contact with people from his former job.

Fast forward to some weeks ago, he heard that his former company needed personnel at a new branch in a new state and it's strictly an internal recruitment. So he met his former manager and expressed interest, the manager pushed his name (eligibility is dependent solely on recommendation by your branch manager) and he alongside others went through series of interviews at the end of which he was employed. Suffice to say that the HR manager was part of these interviews.

He was sent an offer letter plus other documents and he resumed last week monday. Last week Tuesday, he was called by the HRM who asked him series of questions after which the HRM said he didn't know all this while that my brother isn't an active staff and that he (the HRM) was hoodwinked by the branch manager. His argument was tgat there were other eligible candidates who could have been recommended, but the manager brought someone from outside.

Now, the offer letter to my brother has been withdrawn. Same guy that resigned his job the moment he received this offer, he has even told everyone that mattered tgat he was relocating.
Please is there anything we can do to salvage this, it's so heartbreaking. I don't know where they expect him to start from when he gets home.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 11, 2020
It's so frustrating. But you can't do shit cuz it's anoda man business, move on!
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by SmartPolician: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt
I am sure you need a way out, so here's what he should do.
You see, your brother should swallow his pride and beg his former employer.
He needs to return to the job he resigned from.
As for the new position, he should just move on.
If the last company is not willing to take him back, he should move on too.
Life is full of up-and-down lessons
He lost a job; he didn't lose his life

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by legacystore: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt:

Soo heart Breaking
Shit happens
He should move on

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by hardbody: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt:

Now, the offer letter to my brother has been withdrawn. Same guy that resigned his job the moment he received this offer, he has even told everyone that mattered that he was relocating.

Sorry. You cannot build something on nothing and expect it to stand. Your brother resigned and was no longer a staff, Recruitment was meant to be internal. It will appear the HRM was misled. If that is correct, it was an offer that arose out of fraud and should be void. While it may be argued that there is authority that an offer has been made and cannot be unilaterally withdrawn, fact remains that the offer was non existent ab initio.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Sanchez01: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt:

This is painful but the outcome was inevitable. He resigned and moved on a long time ago. As much as he thought he was still a part of them because he kept in touch, IT WAS AN INTERNAL RECRUITMENT; STRICTLY FOR THOSE WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION. He wasn't.

Almost experienced the same nearly a year after resigning, just because the regional head was a big brother. I would have taken it and ended up getting in trouble but my heart was no longer there.

He shouldn't have shown interest in an internal recruitment when he wasn't there anymore. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Ask him to reach out to his previous employer. If they had a sent forth organized for him, he should forget going back. If not, he should eat the humble pie and make a move to go back there.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Sternvillesltd: 11:20am On Nov 11, 2020
Inconsistencies is a great problem. He needs much on job character and how to endure

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by braine(m): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2020
Can he take legal steps? The company should be sued.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 11, 2020
I have nothing to say.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by stagger: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt:

Your brother needs to keep his mouth shut.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by mydivinely: 11:33am On Nov 11, 2020
My dear, i would hav said sue for Damages but it is discovered that a key requirement which is only insiders are allowed. so he didnt meet the expectation is a pity sha, " I was employed few months back and according to my letter my confirmation is 6months, now another person has been employed with same job role "she hasno job for over a month now, just trying to see what i do? in this case what will i do? although we hav a superor who was supposed to put her through, but to be honest no work for her so most times she put her seat very close to me to be watching n asking me questions, ALSO the rate at which people are sacked is so alarming, Am productive, i have the idea and skills , what will i do? my company hire and fire like kilode,

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Longman8: 11:33am On Nov 11, 2020
Sorry for your bro. If the job is truely mearnt for him it will never loose him.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by toxtimmy: 11:33am On Nov 11, 2020
Respectfully and honestly speaking... The manager is even lucky to have his job now as I type... He broke company rule and policy.

creolehunt:

5 Likes

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by 080bjaked(m): 11:34am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt:

First, review the content of the offer letter. Does it explicitly state that the offer is only open to active, internal employees? If not, he shd contact a lawyer, he has a very good case to sue them especially if he has accepted the offer. The company is liable to paying damages and compensation.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by greatbuc(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Job security is a very crucial issue in the private sector especially during this period. He should go back to the company he left but this is tantamount to his relationship with them. You may have to start looking for another or call that your sponsor and tell him what the hr did
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by pek(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2020
simple250:
Why did your brother go back to his vomit nomatter what,he shouldn't have done that .its pay back time from his formal company and now he has lost from both side .

Why do you always use formal instead of former? Is it that you don't know the difference? They don't even sound alike.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Bigsteveg(m): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2020
SenorFax:
Somebody in that company snitched on your brother.
Maybe someone that didn't want him there

100% correct.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Snakedoctor1: 11:40am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt:

You guys should approach industrial court and seek compensation for the hardship he suffered. The mistake was not his but the person that recommended him.
Just like someone said, if they had issued a sack letter, it may technically exculpate them but not completely.
Important did he sign an employment of offer letter? And what are the terms. This, to a great extent will determine the above.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Centcanada: 11:52am On Nov 11, 2020
Let him have one on one with God and every thing will be restored. Tell him to just believe.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Shancca: 11:54am On Nov 11, 2020
creolehunt:

Quite painful to read. I don’t think there is a convention on what to do to salvage his job; especially when the company is private and tilted towards excessive profit making.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by funso111: 11:56am On Nov 11, 2020
if I got u clearly, your brother had resigned. so he was not a staff.NOT QUALIFY for the post.the position is pure for internals, your brother coming is wrong. YOU CAN BUILD LEGALITY ON ILLEGALITY, the company correct their wrong.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by just4wilson(m): 11:57am On Nov 11, 2020
Simple truth.
Re: My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn by Thequeeen: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2020
This is so painful, stay strong. I pray that God will come through for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yagana Musa Bags The Rank Of Major In Nigerian Army (Photos) / Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month? / My Current State Of Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.