Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses (5987 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward / Fashola Promises Violence-free Political Campaigns Donates 150 Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by honeric01(m): 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
How is N5milla too much to be paid by a level 5 civil servant for a 2bedroom bungalow, water, complete WC, fenced compound, security and all that?

You have 10-15 years to pay the rest 70%.

Divide 70% into 10-15yrs, how's that too much to be paid for someone who wouldn't think of buying water again, paying for house-rent e.t.c?
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
Numbers don't lie, our dear BRF should throw up the numbers for all to see. It is hard to achieve what he is aiming to do with the kind of people around him nonetheless I salute his courage.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by babaogun(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
@honeric1
Based on this http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/uploads/gallery_v1aluso9cbqdcdr9sea7.pdf

Level 5 Annual Salary Breakdown for March 2011

Annual Basic Salary: NGN 89,496
Accommodation: 50% of Basic Salary; NGN 44,748
Transportation: 25% of Basic Salary; NGN 22,374
Meals: NGN 6,000
Utility: 15% of BS; NGN 13,424.40
Leave Grant: 10% of BS; NGN 8,949.60

Total annual take-home is NGN 184,992; Monthly: NGN 15,416

These should be pre-tax,

@Topic
Let me digress a bit, Low cost houses are not  meant for the poor or low income earners. Even in the most developed economies, you won't be able to get onto the property ladder with such income.

They are really for Median income earners.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by eros(m): 4:13pm On Mar 16, 2011
buzugee:

i promise not to make any promise to you

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I promise to promise and keep promising. wink wink wink
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by omo9ja1(m): 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
well Mr Fash dont promise what you will not be able to fulfill all because of election padi - padi wayo wayo
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by aol(m): 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
this dude is not real . .the story is fake . .
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by buzugee(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
eros:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I promise to promise and keep promising. wink wink wink
grin grin grin grin grin your promise is never comPROMISED grin
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by johnjoel(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
low cost ke low cost ni
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2011
Nigerians always want the best things for next to nothing. People are saying that "low cost" housing should be sold for three million naira? Really? Can anyone build a house in Lagos complete with water, electricity, roads etc for 3 million? Not including cost of land. What materials would you use?

why do we always expect the government to squander tax payers money to build houses that would later turn out to be unmaintained, torn down crime infested estates / projects. The same things happens in the West where you would not to live in "low cost" housing if you care for your life and good upbringing of your children. Look at all the run down Jakande Estates!!

The best way to do it is to partner with a private developer, give him tax incentives, perhaps free land, and require him to devote at least 40% of the houses for "affordable" purposes. That would give a better result
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by jacobs123(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
Fashola did not promise low cost houses, infact he's on record to have said that there can't be low cost houses because there are no low cost cement, sand, iron etc.
What I think Fashola is promising this time is to help people buy the houses with low cost mortgage!
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by honeric01(m): 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2011
The ones being built around Ipaja and Ikorodu goes for N5.4M
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by Princek12(m): 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
jacobs123:

Fashola did not promise low cost houses, infact he's on record to have said that there can't be low cost houses because there are no low cost cement, sand, iron etc.
What I think Fashola is promising this time is to help people buy the houses with low cost mortgage!

Now read what you just wrote and see if it makes sense to you. The practical effect of a low-cost mortgage is the same as a low-cost housing. Someone, probably the Lagos State Govt., will have to subsidize the mortgage to make it affordable, anyway. Bottom line is that the government will be paying the interest rate indirectly or will have to help the buyers pay the builders directly. Either way, the government is paying someone, whether it is directly to the builders or indirectly to the banks.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by alphabet43(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
I love what this man has done in 4 yrs so far and I'm eager to see what he will. We should definitely criticize but it should be constructive and not out of tribalistic or ethnic sentiment
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by 2good(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Alphabet43,
I know you directed your post to me. But I'm pretty sure based on your response that your are not half as educated/ exposed as I am so for me to be an illiterate like you said, I just imagine how daft you will be.
If you read my post well, you will see i said, " slow down on his tax regime". not stop taxation so you cannot even understand simple english and you called me an illiterate.
I lived in Lagos for atleast 30 years, so I pretty much understand what I am saying. You are probably one employee that does not understand what it takes to do business in Lagos State. If you know what is happening with the level of multiple taxation, you will understand what I am saying.
Concerning the other point I raised about the inflated cost of projects, log on to this page (http://www.stb.lagosstate.gov.ng/STB.htm) to see what I am talking about.
I only quoted Greece as an example of what the whole tax idea should be so if you dont understand something, shut the Bleep up!!
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by fm7070: 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
which low-cost housing is he promising? after rendering hundreds of people homeless at ISEFUN - AYOBO area. You need to see the number of people who died of stroke as a result of this. THAT IS CALLOUS OF FASHOLA.

Same plots of land is being re-allocated to some people.

his government could have taken a more friendly measures than creating more problems for people. Afterall, there are many unused land around.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by Wadeoye(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2011
They are now thinking, They spend billions building mansions here and there leaving the poor people in the cold.

Anyway, I will still vote for you because you will do better than any PDP candidate.

BB2011!!!
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by manny4life(m): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
Wow, affordable housing? That's going to be a challenge,

Let someone put up an Excel Spreadsheet calculating the cost of ownership of a home, the cost of ownership, per my calculation, an average house that worth N7million with 30% down payment and 10 year loan comes up to about N55,000 a month, can the average worker afford this amount? The cost for inflation on the loan, taxes, insurance, fees, etc hasn't been included,in my own opinion, I think it's more of talk, but in reality, I sure don't see it.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by Princek12(m): 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
At the end of the day, our national leaders should hopefully realize that majority of all these problems are bottomed on the inadequate electricity in Nigeria. Many factories have shut down and moved to other countries (and many cannot start up) because they can survive on generators. This means that many jobs are lost, leaving many jobless people who cannot even afford the supposed low-cost housing. Even though Fashola is currently without authority to fix the electricity crisis, the man at least deserves substantial credit for changing Lagos amid a chaotic environment filled with many illiterate Nigerians and corrupt politicians.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by manny4life(m): 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
Princek12:

At the end of the day, our national leaders should hopefully realize that majority of all these problems are bottomed on the inadequate electricity in Nigeria. Many factories have shut down and moved to other countries (and many cannot start up) because they can survive on generators. This means that many jobs are lost, leaving many jobless people who cannot even afford the supposed low-cost housing. Even though Fashola is currently without authority to fix the electricity crisis, the man at least deserves substantial credit for changing Lagos amid a chaotic environment filled with many illiterate Nigerians and corrupt politicians.

How do you mean he doesn't have authority to fix the electricity crisis? I believe though he can't fix that of Nigeria but he can come up with solutions to fix that of Lagos since the Govt. has been reluctant to do it.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by babaogun(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
manny4life:

How do you mean he doesn't have authority to fix the electricity crisis? I believe though he can't fix that of Nigeria but he can come up with solutions to fix that of Lagos since the Govt. has been reluctant to do it.

They have launched at least 2 IPP's. One powers 70% of water generation in Lagos State.
He claimed on TV day before yesterday at the Lagos Town Hall meeting with youths that FG was even frustrating their efforts in clearing some power consignments for such long times.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by 2good(m): 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2011
Nigerian power problem will be around for sometime. I spoke with an engineer with GE that is currently building some turbines in the country to add some extra power to our national grid and he said Nigeria can actually generate 6000MW in 4 years if government is sincere but the biggest problem is distribution. They dont even understand how PHCN manages the distribution and that is a different project entirely from generating power. But the stupid politicians dont give a press conference to educate the mases as to what is happening so that they wont be over expectant.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by AjanleKoko: 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
These politicians.
still making empty promises in 2011.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by felele(m): 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2011
Fashola is a blatant liar. Where in Ibeju-Lekki are these 200 units standing right now How can this man continue to lie blatantly through his teeth and people just keep lapping it all up I don't get Nigerians anymore joor. It's like they all had a mass lobotomy where all the areas of the brain dealing with perception have been removed. Na wa o!!!

I remember him once saying he will provide low-cost housing when there is low cost cement, iron rods and building materials. Well, most of these things are high cost at the moment because he collects crazy taxes from the transporters, the vendors of the goods and the manufacturers where possible, and then refuses to do any infrastructure to make their movement easy, until quarter to elections, when he just sprinkles a little asphalt on the roads and compacts it to make it shine. It will all last till the rains, then we go see fowl yansh again.

Anyone who votes for this spineless charlatan is just mortgaging the future of their children to the Asiwaju Criminal Network (ACN).
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by felele(m): 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
manny4life:

It is clear you know nothing about the power regulations in Nigeria. Since 2005, governors, local government chairmen and companies have had the legal power to set up their own power generation, transmission, distribution and marketing companies, as long as they register with the NERC, in accordance with the NERC Act of 2005.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
felele:

It is clear you know nothing about the power regulations in Nigeria. Since 2005, governors, local government chairmen and companies have had the legal power to set up their own power generation, [b]transmission, distribution [/b]and marketing companies, as long as they register with the NERC, in accordance with the NERC Act of 2005.

Transmission and distribution is still a federal government monopoly.

Lagos state is walking around the monopoly by building below monopoly 10-12 MW power plants and transmitting the power within the state to power critical sectors like the water works, hospitals and other government buildings.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
felele:

Fashola is a blatant liar. Where in Ibeju-Lekki are these 200 units standing right now How can this man continue to lie blatantly through his teeth and people just keep lapping it all up I don't get Nigerians anymore joor. It's like they all had a mass lobotomy where all the areas of the brain dealing with perception have been removed. Na wa o!!!

I remember him once saying he will provide low-cost housing when there is low cost cement, iron rods and building materials. Well, most of these things are high cost at the moment because he collects crazy taxes from the transporters, the vendors of the goods and the manufacturers where possible, and then refuses to do any infrastructure to make their movement easy, until quarter to elections, when he just sprinkles a little asphalt on the roads and compacts it to make it shine. It will all last till the rains, then we go see fowl yansh again.

Anyone who votes for this spineless charlatan is just mortgaging the future of their children to the Asiwaju Criminal Network (ACN).

You don't know because you haven't been to the place to find out.

You can not call the man a liar, till you waka to the place, take pictures and show us, you are the liar.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by CyberGuru1(m): 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2011
[flash=790,200]http://www.cybernet.com.ng/ad/header.swf[/flash]

Low cost housing in Nigeria?
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by jude33084(m): 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
low cost for the rich people? undecided
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by felele(m): 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

You don't know because you haven't been to the place to find out.

You can not call the man a liar, till you waka to the place, take pictures and show us, you are the liar.

My friend, I am tempted to call you all sorts of unprintable names, but that would detract from my message. I live in Ibeju-Lekki, and have seen no low cost houses ANYWHERE within the Ibeju-Lekki borders. Please feel free to come here and have a look for yourself, you nincompoop. It's buffoons like you that have been feeding fat from the N183million per 6 months Fashola has been spending on the media, or perhaps the over N200 million he apparently spends on text messages finds its way to your pocket, causing you to come here to spill verbal diarrhea.

I repeat, there are no 200 low-cost housing units standing ANYHWHERE in Ibeju-Lekki, which, by the way, is a PDP controlled area and will be won again, this time by landslide, because of this lie. I will be calling the attention of the people of Ibeju-Lekki to this lie and they will place curses on anyone that votes for this charlatan in our long-neglected and exploited area.

Between Fashola, Gbenga Ashafa (ACN senatorial candidate for the area) and Tinubu, they have GRABBED all the land belonging to the indigenes of the area, and now Fashola has added insult to the injury by telling bare-faced lies about 200 low cost houses. God will punish anyone who defends that lie here or anywhere else. Oloshious fellows all!
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by alphabet43(m): 11:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ fm radio. you call side of the road a house? I guess Fashola should give everyone that escapes from their village a house once they get to Lagos or let them crowd the whole place with their tent houses. You're an illiterate. What civilized society does that?

@ 2good; your response reflects your daftness. What have you accomplished in your life, what level of exposure do you have you village rat. What tax rate do you recommend and what is the current tax rate that's too much? If you know what that means. You consider selling groundnut on the streets of Lagos for 30 years building credibility. You are a damn stark illiterate that sells his vote to dictator for a bag of rice mumu. Email me your resume and i'll email you mine if you know what that means and we'll see how exposed you are you retard. No need to humiliate you on NL.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 12:04am On Mar 17, 2011
felele:

My friend, I am tempted to call you all sorts of unprintable names, but that would detract from my message. I live in Ibeju-Lekki, and have seen no low cost houses ANYWHERE within the Ibeju-Lekki borders. Please feel free to come here and have a look for yourself, you nincompoop. It's buffoons like you that have been feeding fat from the N183million per 6 months Fashola has been spending on the media, or perhaps the over N200 million he apparently spends on text messages finds its way to your pocket, causing you to come here to spill verbal diarrhea.

I repeat, there are no 200 low-cost housing units standing ANYHWHERE in Ibeju-Lekki, which, by the way, is a PDP controlled area and will be won again, this time by landslide, because of this lie. I will be calling the attention of the people of Ibeju-Lekki to this lie and they will place curses on anyone that votes for this charlatan in our long-neglected and exploited area.

Between Fashola, Gbenga Ashafa (ACN senatorial candidate for the area) and Tinubu, they have GRABBED all the land belonging to the indigenes of the area, and now Fashola has added insult to the injury by telling bare-faced lies about 200 low cost houses. God will punish anyone who defends that lie here or anywhere else. Oloshious fellows all!

I don't believe you and the rest of you disgruntled elements. I'm sure he's going to commission the project and I'll be here with pictures to paste all over your lying faces

And the rest of your crap is nothing but the same silly, made up and unprovable propaganda nonsense that I have no time to respond to,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niyi Osundare: Corruption Is Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Industry / Sun Governor Of The Year 2018 Award: Gov. Ugwuanyi Receives Notification Letter / FEC Approves ₦75.78 Billion Contracts For FCT, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.