Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses (5990 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward / Fashola Promises Violence-free Political Campaigns Donates 150 Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by felele(m): 1:06am On Mar 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

I don't believe you and the rest of you disgruntled elements. I'm sure he's going to commission the project and I'll be here with pictures to paste all over your lying faces

And the rest of your crap is nothing but the same silly, made up  and unprovable propaganda nonsense that I have no time to respond to,

You leave me with no other choice than to call you a buffoon blinkered by the naira notes the ACN goons have stuck around your ears. Disgruntled? Hardly. Annoyed by the constant lies of Fashola and his internet brigade like your silly self? Most certainly.

Get it into your block-head: There are no 200 houses built by Lagos State government standing anywhere in Ibeju-Lekki.

2ndly, on the NERC Act issue, you are swanning around here on Nairaland, festooned in the glory of your unclothed ignorance. The Act allows distribution and transmission. You only have to obtain a licence first. The only licenced transmission company right now is a component of PHCN. You really ought to do some research before you type. Then again, why am I surprised sef? Are you not just another irredeemably silly Fashola-supporting goat, bleating about all over the place, "Fashola good, everyone else, bad", regardless of all the evidence to the contrary surrounding and suffocating you? Awon akotileta omo!
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 1:57am On Mar 17, 2011
^^^^^ Na so the tin pain u reach? lmao.

I said I'm not interested in your silly rubbish and mindless propaganda. Abi na by force.

Awon enemy of progress and disgruntled elements oshi buruku trying to take us back to the dark days. Olorun ko ni je ka ri ijamba PDP lai lai. Amin ashe.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by alphabet43(m): 4:01am On Mar 17, 2011
@ Eko Ile: Don't waste your time. These jokers have suffered so much that they will not know any different now even if God himself came down to take them out of poverty. Thank God for internet, all these illiterate villagers can talk meaningless shit
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by 2good(m): 6:45am On Mar 17, 2011
@ Alphabet,
I dont have 2 send you my resume cos I've got nothing to prove to you but I smiled when I saw your daft response. Your brain/reasoning is damaged becos the best you have seen is what Fashola has given you so I'll recommend you leave Nigeria and travel round the world to see how things are done in the west. I dont have time for someone like U cos I know where you belong to and I normally dont exchange words with people on Nairaland let alone someone like you.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by femmy2010(m): 7:44am On Mar 17, 2011
Housing Estate with many 1 bedroom aprts would do a whole lot of Good to many.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by alphabet43(m): 8:01am On Mar 17, 2011
You are a fool goody 2 shoes wanna be. Check my m o you not-so-smart villager. Who ever gave you poo in Nigeria? You should thank God people like Fashola exist to open your eyes and to show your equally not-so-smart village elders what to aspire for.

I'd been in more places before I turned 18 than you can fantasize about, dumb backside. I don't need to brag on NL. An illiterate village rat like you knows no one like me so shut the bleep up, you lying backside
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by seguno2: 9:36am On Mar 17, 2011
kalokalo:

why do we always expect the government to squander tax payers money to build houses that would later turn out to be unmaintained, torn down crime infested estates / projects. The same things happens in the West where you would not to live in "low cost" housing if you care for your life and good upbringing of your children. Look at all the run down Jakande Estates!!

The houses are run down due to lack of maintenance by the residents/owners.
Also because BRF does not see it as a priority to service the roads and other estate facilities. Rather he is building shine shine projects to wow the masses while taxing them like crazy and sharing their federal allocation with BAT who is now so powerful to instal his whole family- wife, children, in-laws etc- as legislooters.
We should identify other candidates for legislator in our wards to vote for.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by german007(m): 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
FASHOLA?? Low cost houses indeed.

He's an absolute muppet who has taken advantage of ignorance in a lot of residents in Lagos. Lastma officials (Former Lagos Island Agbero's) and current agbero's are his biggest supporters. The Lagos state NURTW and Taxi drivers have now turned their back against him.

"Charge and Bail Lawyer" in power who thinks he can ignite, confuse and convolute Lagosians minds by his speech. Forget the SAN behind his name, it's only an egoistic cognomen.

*Breaks down houses and shops at free will without any alternatives, hence leaving people homeless and out of business.

*Lies a website has all vital information regarding contracts awarded when infact the website is non-functional.

*Spends billions on never-ending roadworks. Example, Iju-Fagba road. God knows when that will end.

[size=16pt]ADE DOSUNMU ALL THE WAY.[/size]

Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by debosky(m): 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2011
Dosunmu that can't even express himself or present any valid ideas during a debate?

He is useless, even formulating lies to try to claim Fashola applied for the same job as he did. . . . .he has no integrity at all.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by manny4life(m): 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
felele:

It is clear you know nothing about the power regulations in Nigeria. Since 2005, governors, local government chairmen and companies have had the legal power to set up their own power generation, transmission, distribution and marketing companies, as long as they  register with the NERC, in accordance with the NERC Act of 2005.

Mr. I might know nothing about the power issues in Nigeria, I'm not claiming expertise on the matter either, but I was commenting that though he cannot fix the power issue in Nigeria, at least he can fix that of Lagos to a certain degree. On that note, I have to side with this two;

babaogun:

They have launched at least 2 IPP's. One powers 70% of water generation in Lagos State.
He claimed on TV day before yesterday at the Lagos Town Hall meeting with youths that FG was even frustrating their efforts in clearing some power consignments for such long times.

The bolded would make perfect sense on to some degree why govt is reluctant to do what the states decide to do unless if its incorrect. Also, if what this poster said is correct, look below;
Eko Ile:

Transmission and distribution is still a federal government monopoly.

Lagos state is walking around the monopoly by building below monopoly 10-12 MW power plants and transmitting the power within the state to power critical sectors like the water works, hospitals and other government buildings.

If that be the case, you would agree with me that though the govt created the NERC Act of 2005, the FG is still interested in the power sector plain and simple. A state like Lagos cannot run on 10-12MW generation like that. They would need at least 100 power plant at 10MW generation to meet the needs of 14million residents, and yet you haven't included the companies that use bulk of energy.

Please don't tell me Lagos as a state can't meet the requirements of this NERC Act of 2005. I strongly believe that Lagos as well as other state can generate, transmit and distribute electricity at least for their own states, that's why it's a capital intensive project.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by demola9: 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
how has fashola touch the masses.the low cost housing is just a dream.he is coming to steal more money.i cant be a dull person for anybody.how can u have a godfather tinubu telling everything to do.contract on road is too much.destory the mass shop and didnt create anything.toll gate at lekki
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by alphabet43(m): 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ Manny Generators sellers are in cohorts with the FG and states are not allowed to produce electricity for themselves

@ Demola All the infrastructure bring investors that bring jobs, thats how they are affected. Who has produced 'anything' in Nigeria, who is your alternative? You must be on of those paid $1000 to go talk shit on blog sites

Illiteracy is a worse disease in Nigeria. There has been more jobs in Lagos than i've ever seen in my lifetime and I grew up there. Even before IBB ruined Nigeria

Unless you've been living under a rock, you won't know this
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by emmatok(m): 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2011
alphabet43:

@ Manny Generators sellers are in cohorts with the FG and states are not allowed to produce electricity for themselves

@ Demola All the infrastructure bring investors that bring jobs, thats how they are affected. Who has produced 'anything' in Nigeria, who is your alternative? You must be on of those paid $1000 to go talk poo on blog sites

Illiteracy is a worse disease in Nigeria. There has been more jobs in Lagos than i've ever seen in my lifetime and I grew up there. Even before IBB ruined Nigeria

Unless you've been living under a rock, you won't know this

@ alphabet43

Tell me you are the most educated person on NL. grin grin grin

I don't buy this your FASHOLA propaganda all.

I have been in Lagos for past 25 years and i am yet to see any Low cost housing project in Lagos especially in the last 5 years.

Today you need as much as #500,000/year the get a two bedroom flat, even in Suburba like AYOBO, IGEDE, ISHEFUN AGBDO ,AJA etc.
So tell me where FASHOLA low cost houses are located?

You must come to Lagos and show us those low cost houses. grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by Johnnny(m): 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
german007:

FASHOLA?? Low cost houses indeed.

He's an absolute muppet who has taken advantage of ignorance in a lot of residents in Lagos. Lastma officials (Former Lagos Island Agbero's) and current agbero's are his biggest supporters. The Lagos state NURTW and Taxi drivers have now turned their back against him.

"Charge and Bail Lawyer" in power who thinks he can ignite, confuse and convolute Lagosians minds by his speech. Forget the SAN behind his name, it's only an egoistic cognomen.

*Breaks down houses and shops at free will without any alternatives, hence leaving people homeless and out of business.

*Lies a website has all vital information regarding contracts awarded when infact the website is non-functional.

*Spends billions on never-ending roadworks. Example, Iju-Fagba road. God knows when that will end.

[size=16pt]ADE DOSUNMU ALL THE WAY.[/size]

Every other thing you have said would have made sense if you did not bring dosmumu's name into it. The same Dosumu that rented Generator for N150,000 per day for 3 years while heading NIMASA?? 150,000 X 3years = 5.4M, Tell me, how much does a heavy duty generator cost sef? and you expect us to vote that person into the State House?. I dont think so
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2011
emmatok:

@ alphabet43

Tell me you are the most educated person on NL. grin grin grin

I don't buy this your FASHOLA propaganda all.

I have been in Lagos for past 25 years and i am yet to see any Low cost housing project in Lagos especially in the last 5 years.

Today you need as much as #500,000/year the get a two bedroom flat, even in Suburba like AYOBO, IGEDE, ISHEFUN AGBDO ,AJA etc.
So tell me where FASHOLA low cost houses are located?

You must come to Lagos and show us those low cost houses. grin grin grin grin

Lagos State Is Moving On As Gov. Fashola Commissions Six Major Projects In One Day

http://happylagosian..com/2010/02/lagos-state-is-moving-on-as-gov-fashola.html

Speaking during the handing over of the 256 units of twin two and one bedroom flats in Igbogbo IIA to the people, Governor Fashola promised that government would soon unfold a mortgage scheme which would allow people who pay a 30 percent deposit for a home to own it by paying over some years.

Governor Fashola stated that the present administration would also ensure that everybody who lives in Lagos would be able to afford a home. "We want to create a new class of home owners in Lagos State", he said.

The Governor said he will ensure that only those who intend to live in the homes benefit from the scheme by preventing profiteers and speculators from abusing the scheme by buying and reselling.

The Lagos State Governor said the Igbogbo scheme which is also equipped with a Police Post would serve as a model of such buildings across Lagos, adding that the Police Post would also help to bring the law enforcement agents closer to the people as it has helped achieved in several overseas countries.

You need to make it a point to start following the state's activities and educate yourself,
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by emmatok(m): 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

You need to make it a point to start following the state's activities and educate yourself,

You seem to need that Education yourself.

I can see you run about the web looking for information on FASHOLA LOW COST HOUSES grin grin grin grin

Please tell me the Houses on that site are less than #3 million.

You claim to be educated and you are quoting a governmental website for information.

My friend, come to Lagos and do you research . Let them show you the actual price of the properties.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by alphabet43(m): 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ emmatok: First of all, govt cannot solve all problems. Fashola has delivered more than any leader ever did in
Nigeria. He doesn't deserve some of the criticism he's getting from some retards. Moreover, Rome wasn't built in one day so let the guy be, he's trying

When someone does something for the people and still get criticized like he's IBB, why should anyone do poo for the people then? Oh, he's supposed to give every villager running to Lagos a house upon their arrival or let them crowd the streets with huts? They should develop their villages, it's possible
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by manny4life(m): 12:58am On Mar 18, 2011
Johnnny:

Every other thing you have said would have made sense if you did not bring dosmumu's name into it.  The same Dosumu that rented Generator for N150,000 [/b]per day for 3 years while heading NIMASA??  [b]150,000 X 3years = 5.4M, Tell me, how much does a heavy duty generator cost sef?    and you expect us to vote that person into the State House?.   I dont think so

Huh ?

Not to call you out, but your calculation is absolutely wrong. If he rents N150,000 per day, 3 years would give 1, 095 days (365 day/year x 3 years). N150,000 x 1,095 = N164, 250, 000, I don't know how you got 5.4M per your calculation.

Like I said before, it' way impossible for Mr. Gov to provide low cost housing, while he can use state funds to write off discount losses for instance he builds a house for 4million but have to discount it for 1million so people can purchase at "low cost prices" at 3million or less, unless he does that, there's no way he can achieve that.

I have asked before, can someone please put up an interactive Excel spreadsheet up, let's solve all this propaganda once and for all.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by alphabet43(m): 1:09am On Mar 18, 2011
Propagnda or not, I'm impressed with what I've seen so far and looking forward to more. He's done more for Lagos than anyone ever did in Nigeria
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 2:12am On Mar 18, 2011
emmatok:

You seem to need that Education yourself.

I can see you run about the web looking for information on FASHOLA LOW COST HOUSES grin grin grin grin

Please tell me the Houses on that site are less than #3 million.

You claim to be educated and you are quoting a governmental website for information.

My friend, come to Lagos and do you research . Let them show you the actual price of the properties.

I'm not interested in your redundant argument about cost and I didn't quote you based on that nonsense, mine was to educate and dispel your ignorant and misguided insinuation that you're yet to see any Low cost housing project in Lagos especially in the last 5 years and you also asked to be educated and I did just that.

Your 25 years in Lagos don't mean much if at the end of the day, you still don't know much about the state you call home and get on the internet to brag about.

And I didn't quote any gov. website for info, Happy Lagosian is not a government website, but they do follow and document the state's policies and activities, something like you refused to do before peddling lies and rumors all over the place like market women. Even sef, it makes no difference because it's there and pictures don't lie.

Just to let you know, I enjoy setting people like you straight,
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by emmatok(m): 7:48am On Mar 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

I'm not interested in your redundant argument about cost and I didn't quote you based on that nonsense, mine was to educate and [b]dispel your ignorant and misguided insinuation that you're yet to see any Low cost housing project in Lagos especially in the last 5 years [/b]and you also asked to be educated and I did just that.

Your 25 years in Lagos don't mean much if at the end of the day, you still don't know much about the state you call home and get on the internet to brag about.

And I didn't quote any gov. website for info, Happy Lagosian is not a government website, but they do follow and document the state's policies and activities, something like you refused to do before peddling lies and rumors all over the place like market women. Even sef, it makes no difference because it's there and pictures don't lie.

Just to let you know, I enjoy setting people like you straight,

My friend enough of your rants.

The houses in that estate are not for Low- Middle class income earners , or can you give me your own definition of LOW COST HOUSING .

You claim you didn't quote any gov. website but the informations on the site are copied directly from a Lagos state gov. website.

FASHOLA is still the best governor in Nigeria to-date no contest cool. But that low cost housing stuff is a lie.

All governmental houses in Lagos are expensive. angry angry angry angry angry

Only PPP with the private sector can reduce the housing problem in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by ekubear1: 9:11am On Mar 18, 2011
manny4life:

Like I said before, it' way impossible for Mr. Gov to provide low cost housing, while he can use state funds to write off discount losses for instance he builds a house for 4million but have to discount it for 1million so people can purchase at "low cost prices" at 3million or less, unless he does that, there's no way he can achieve that.

Agreed. And if he does that. . . then it is just really a gift to those lucky enough to nab the "low cost houses." And thus a scam transferring wealth from Lagos as a whole to a few lucky people.

Guys, nothing in life comes free. If someone offers to sell you a $200 pair of designer jeans for $20, they are either (a) stolen (b) fake or (c) damaged in some way.

So anybody trying to criticize Fashola for not providing unrealistic things is a bit silly.

Loan schemes are realistic. Schemes that involve selling multi-million naira property for far less than market value is a scam, one way or another.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by Johnnny(m): 11:28am On Mar 18, 2011
manny4life:

Huh ?

Not to call you out, but your calculation is absolutely wrong. If he rents N150,000 per day, 3 years would give 1, 095 days (365 day/year x 3 years). N150,000 x 1,095 = N164, 250, 000, I don't know how you got 5.4M per your calculation.

I have asked before, can someone please put up an interactive Excel spreadsheet up, let's solve all this propaganda once and for all.

Thank you so much for the correction. I calculated it based on month instead of days. cool
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by babaogun(m): 11:33am On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

So anybody trying to criticize Fashola for not providing unrealistic things is a bit silly.

Fashola is the one promising Low Cost Houses, well at least from the original post!
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by ekubear1: 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2011
babaogun:

Fashola is the one promising Low Cost Houses, well at least from the original post!

I misread the article the first time around. Rereading it. . . Fashola promises access to mortgages for homeowners. Just a simple, ordinary mortgage. The term "low cost" never comes out of his mouth.

However, the author of the article title the article "low cost houses." Because of this, first time I read it I thought:

A) He'll provide a mortgage for people who want to buy.
B) "low cost" means that he will sell the houses at a discount. For example, sell a 10 million house for only 5 million.

Since he never actually promises anything beyond the mortage stuff ("low cost" is a term used by the author of the article, not Fashola, and the author doesn't even define what exactly "low cost" means), the posts I made earlier don't have much value.

My bad  lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
emmatok:

My friend enough of your rants.

The houses in that estate are not for Low- Middle class income earners , or can you give me your own definition of LOW COST HOUSING .

You claim you didn't quote any gov. website but the informations on the site are copied directly from a Lagos state gov. website.

FASHOLA is still the best governor in Nigeria to-date no contest cool. But that low cost housing stuff is a lie.

All governmental houses in Lagos are expensive.  angry angry angry angry angry

Only PPP with the private sector can reduce the housing problem in Lagos.

After trashing your mindless lies, now it's not low cost is your new goal post. What is it then? High cost housing scheme.

Now you're sound low and pathetic.

Is this a government website ?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002081389.html

Speaking during the handing over of the 256 units of twin two and one bedroom flats in Igbogbo IIA to the people, Governor Fashola promised that government would soon unfold a mortgage scheme which would allow people who pay a 30 percent deposit for a home to own it by paying over some years.

Governor Fashola stated that the present administration would also ensure that everybody who lives in Lagos would be able to afford a home. "We want to create a new class of home owners in Lagos State", he said.

The Governor said he will ensure that only those who intend to live in the homes benefit from the scheme by preventing profiteers and speculators from abusing the scheme by buying and reselling.

The Lagos State Governor said the Igbogbo scheme which is also equipped with a Police Post would serve as a model of such buildings across Lagos, adding that the Police Post would also help to bring the law enforcement agents closer to the people as it has helped achieved in several overseas countries.

Now you see how dumb and ignorant you sound again?

I don't know why it's so hard for people to just admit that they lied, instead, they compound their lies with more stupidity and ignorance.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by emmatok(m): 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

After trashing your mindless lies, now it's not low cost is your new goal post. What is it then? High cost housing scheme.

Now you're sound low and pathetic.

Is this a government website ?

Now you see how dumb and ignorant you sound again?

I don't know why it's so hard for people to just admit that they lied, instead, they compound their lies with more stupidity and ignorance.

It's only ignoramus like you that go about peddling lie to people about gov. projects.

First claim of LOW COST HOUSING in Lekki has being debunked .

Now its IGBOGBO .

Well that IKORODU project is not LOW COST wink wink wink I have been there.

You can call Alusa to get the actual cost of those properties.

Man your WAHALA TOO MUCH.

NA YOU BE FASHOLA SPOKES MAN?

Well i enjoy arguing with u.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
emmatok:

It's only ignoramus  like you that go about peddling lie to  people about  gov. projects.

First claim of LOW COST HOUSING in Lekki has being debunked .

Now its  IGBOGBO .

Well that IKORODU project is not  LOW COST  wink wink wink I have been there.

You can call Alusa to get the actual cost of those properties.

Man your WAHALA TOO MUCH.

NA YOU BE FASHOLA SPOKES MAN?

Well i enjoy arguing with u.

This is not an argument, this is correction and education.

Like I said, I'm not interested in Silly and ignorant trash talk, mine was to bust your lies and educate and I did just that, you can have your trash talk with other people.

You lied about the state not building low cost housing and I corrected you with facts

You lied about the info coming from the governor's website and I also corrected you with facts

You are entitled to your silly and market women talk about Fashola and Lagos state, just not to lies.

Learn your lesson and quit lying, lying is evil and liars don't prosper.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by emmatok(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is not an argument, this is correction and education.

Like I said, I'm not interested in Silly and ignorant trash talk, mine was to bust your lies and educate and I did just that, you can have your trash talk with other people.

You lied about the state not building low cost housing and I corrected you with facts

You lied about the info coming from the governor's website and I also corrected you with facts

You are entitled to your silly and market women talk about Fashola and Lagos state, just not to lies.

Learn your lesson and quit lying, lying is evil and liars don't prosper.

Well MR HOT HEAD, Eko Ile.

You are the liar here.

Why don't read the topic MR BLIND BAT it say "Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses"

And i stressed that there are no "LOW COST HOUSES IN LAGOS" as at now.

Then your deranged self start searching the web looking for "Fashola Low Cost Houses".

And after doing your paste and copy and paste of some website here. I still told you that those are not low cost house. wink wink

Then your lazy mind resorted in calling names and insults.

I have told you b4 and i am telling again come to Lagos Nigeria and make enquirers about those "Fashola Low Cost Houses".

But you insisted on staying online and throwing insults. GOOD FOR YOU.

YOUNG MAN IT SHOWS YOU IN SELF DECEPTION. YOU SIMPLY DO NOT LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by EkoIle1: 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
emmatok:

Well MR HOT HEAD, Eko Ile.

You are the liar here.

Why don't read the topic MR BLIND BAT it say "Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses"

And i stressed that there are no "LOW COST HOUSES IN LAGOS" as at now.

And the one I posted was high cost houses right? It's not by force to act d/umb and stupid?

Like I said, stop compounding your lies with stupidity and ignorance.
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by jerryben12: 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
Why did he wait till now to make all these promises? What happened in the past 4 years in office??
Re: Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses by manny4life(m): 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
Can someone enlighten me because I'm a lil lost on this " low cost housing" scheme. How much is this housing supposedly costing the average buyer? What is the earned income threshold limit to be qualified for this house / to be able to qualify for a mortgage loan?

Let's look at this scenario assuming this is the best case scenario knowing this is quite unlikely. We can agree some of this number are higher than what I've quoted

A house cost $3,000,000 with a 30% deposit, mortgage instrument to finance the balance. The loan amount is N2,100,000 for a period of 10 years. If I plug in this number using the PMT function, mortgage monthly payment would be N23, 314 for the next 120 months. This seems affordable in the sense only if

1. The house is sold for N3,000,000 or less (including any discounts) but we know this couldn't be the case due to the fact the govt might not be willing to write off losses on its balance sheets.

2. At an APR of 6% which we know this figure is way more than that, and the govt will not be anymore willing to embark on bad debt loans in case of defaults hence the reason why it will defer it to partnered commercial banks who take the risk and charge higher interest rate.

3. The term of the loan is 10 years but we can agree most Nigerian banks would like shorter terms due to risk assessment increasing the monthly payment

4. The higher the cost of the house, the higher the deposit, and even if the deposit is financed through a bank, that's a higher debt obligation as well.

Now the real question is, if everything remains equal and someone makes a payment of N23, 314 monthly (insurance, maintenance, etc isn't included), how much is the average qualifier making monthly. Using the highest assumption that 50% of your monthly income goes into mortgage, buyer must be making at least N46, 628. We know this can't be the case, knowledge and experience, at most no more than 25% of your net income should be reserved for your rent/mortgage.

Bottom line is that unless someone is making at least 65k with the above assumptions, it's way impossible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Just Went Off In Zuba Abuja | Bauchi Too / “if APC Survive One Year, Call Me A Bastard” – Doyin Okupe / Merlin Season 7 Is Out Officially

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.