Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

This Idea Is Revolutionary - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / This Idea Is Revolutionary (1452 Views)

How Can I Start Up This Idea From Scratch Guys. / Anyone With Good Programming Skill To Help Build A Revolutionary Blockchain? / Web/mobile Development Expert For Your Marketplace Startup / Idea Is Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Idea Is Revolutionary by codeigniter(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hello guys, I am been thinking hard about problems I could solve that might have a major impact here in 9ja, as many tech companies here are fintech based, so I came of with a concept that merge University education + online learning, I came up with this because of ASUU's problem will never end, the issue has been going on for a long time, even if we resume now they are still going to go on strike later on

Here is the concept

-All administrative tasks will be handle online to minimize cost

- the courses will be pre recorded and updated when needed

- Book will be physical or in PDFs

- it will be registered as a learning institution

- exams will be physical

- there will be real time q & a with course instructors when needed like YouTube live streaming

- Cert will be both physical and digital

Banking industry is changing, with likes of kuda, piggyvest e.t.c why should our education sector be stagnant

It will be like a real University except the heavy lifting will be handled by servers not staffs

After all In my own University, the note of 2008 is not that much different from those of 2020, and everything is exaggerated, more over a student should learn what they want

Courses that requires high end equipment practicals might be suspended for a while

These are the problem I came up with

People go to schl to socialize, to Bleep or to get bleeped, online uni might not be suitable for that

Cert are meaningless until they are been acknowledged as good
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by LikeAking: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2020
codeigniter:
Hello guys, I am been thinking hard about problems I could solve that might have a major impact here in 9ja, as many tech companies here are fintech based, so I came of with a concept that merge University education + online learning, I came up with this because of ASUU's problem will never end, the issue has been going on for a long time, even if we resume now they are still going to go on strike later on

Here is the concept

- exams will be physical

- there will be real time q & a with course instructors when needed like YouTube live streaming

Banking industry is changing, with likes of kuda, piggyvest e.t.c why should our education sector be stagnant

It will be like a real University except the heavy lifting will be handled by servers not staffs

After all In my own University, the note of 2008 is not that much different from those of 2020, and everything is exaggerated, more over a student should learn what they want

Courses that requires high end equipment practicals might be suspended for a while

People go to schl to social, to Bleep or to get bleeped, online uni might not be suitable for that

People go to schl to social, to Bleep or to get bleeped

This is very important.

2 Likes

Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by devdev: 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
codeigniter:

Here is the concept

- exams will be physical

People go to schl to social, to Bleep or to get bleeped, online uni might not be suitable for that

Prerecorded by who?

1 Like

Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by codeigniter(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2020
devdev:

Prerecorded by who?

As how, I don't understand
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by talk2hb1(m): 11:06am On Nov 11, 2020
devdev:

Prerecorded by who?
Thank you my brother ooo, I remember in 2012 when I was still in UNILAG; I was doing my intern in an it firm inside CITS then. We deployed moodle for UNILAG back then with high hope that everybody will jump on the platform undecided
Nay, we were disappointed by the feedback we got, most of the lecturers were reluctant to adopt it, I remember that they said a Professor said "Do You Expect me to upload my course materials on your computer and anybody can access it, so they can yank me of my course?" I was cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by Drybones: 11:10am On Nov 11, 2020
talk2hb1:

Thank you my brother ooo, I remember in 2012 when I was still in UNILAG; I was doing my intern in an it firm inside CITS then. We deployed moodle for UNILAG back then with high hope that everybody will jump on the platform undecided
Nay, we were disappointed by the feedback we got, most of the lecturers were reluctant to adopt it, I remember that they said a Professor said "Do You Expect me to upload my course materials on your computer and anybody can access it, so they can yank me of my course?" I was cry cry cry

We use Moodle now, for GST courses only,
The funny thing is most of these lecturers have nothing special in their notes, they just join few textbooks together and claim it's theirs.

1 Like

Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by Drybones: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2020
codeigniter:

Here is the concept

- exams will be physical

People go to schl to socialize, to Bleep or to get bleeped, online uni might not be suitable for that

There will always be a difference between physical and online learning,
Physical learning helps you to meet people, learn from them communicate and socialize (which are very important skills),we can't learn everything online.

So Schools are very important, regarding "BLEEPING", it is part of what you learn in school (to choose whether or not to in the midst of pressure).

Your idea is great but can't be a replacement for school
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by talk2hb1(m): 11:14am On Nov 11, 2020
Drybones:

We use Moodle now, for GST courses only,
The funny thing is most of these lecturers have nothing special in their notes, they just join few textbooks together and claim it's theirs.
I heard its being used for DLI programs too
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by Drybones: 11:20am On Nov 11, 2020
talk2hb1:

I heard its being used for DLI programs too

It should be true but for the GST,it is being used poorly,
They upload many materials at the same Time,
Sometime they upload half by half semester the other maybe getting closed to the end.

They act like they aren't ready to use it fully
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by airsaylongcome: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2021
@codeigniter

Sup. U emailed me.
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by codeigniter(m): 9:05am On Sep 04, 2021
airsaylongcome:
@codeigniter

Sup. U emailed me.

Just wanted to connect.
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by airsaylongcome: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2021
codeigniter:

Just wanted to connect.

Or great. Your moniker suggests PHP dev
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by codeigniter(m): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Or great. Your moniker suggests PHP dev

I don't do PHP again, just js, go, sol and py.
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by airsaylongcome: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
codeigniter:

I don't do PHP again, just js, go, sol and py.

Python with VOIP. Done that before?
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by codeigniter(m): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Python with VOIP. Done that before?

Nope, I did a GS on your behave and I found pjsua C library with python interface you can look into.
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by LikeAking: 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
OP go ahead and change the world.

Reality is a big lair.
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by Winnerrrr(m): 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
OP, sup with Africonn.

Can you share with us how the journey was like, building the software, marketing, your lessons and tips for people that want to create a social network.

How did you solve the chicken and egg problem.
Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by africonn: 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2021
Winnerrrr:
OP, sup with Africonn.

Can you share with us how the journey was like, building the software, marketing, your lessons and tips for people that want to create a social network.

How did you solve the chicken and egg problem.

It was fun but don't re-invent the wheel, don't build in a competitive market with really significant value proposition.

1 Like

Re: This Idea Is Revolutionary by Winnerrrr(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
africonn:

It was fun but don't re-invent the wheel, don't build in a competitive market with really significant value proposition.

Well, In what context are you actually talking about?

because I've seen start-up's here in Nigeria that re-invented the wheel over and over again and they're still profitable, e. g

Flutterwave, Paystack, Paga, Interswitch, AbegApp among others.

Jumia, Konga, Jiji, fragrance.ng, dealdey among others.

if you don't mind, can you explain further?

(1) (Reply)

Bluemall => A Bluetooth Based Mobile Advert System Created In Java. / Mcitp, Ccna Or Oracle Dba / Are You Still A Mere Computer Programmer? OMG!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.