Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People (15467 Views)

Obi’s Endorsement: You Can’t Speak For Us, Yoruba, Afenifere Tells Akeredolu / Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Stop Buhari From Coming To Ebonyi / Ngige: IPOB Can’t Attack Me Outside Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by slowice(m): 7:15am On Nov 11, 2020
If ipob wants to be influential, they should first focus on good governance in the southeast. Use their followership to peacefully influence elections and get the best men in power. Use that leverage to insist on south east development and any governor that's not complying would be kicked out in the next election. By doing this they will ve more support even from other tribes and bring needed development to igboland. Then we can talk about division later not this nonsense they re doing now

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by WonderManly(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2020
Donspicey:

Make i help u loud am wella............
Confirm! You get am wellar! grin grin shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by berrystunn(m): 7:21am On Nov 11, 2020
tobechi74:
Who is the leader of Igbos

Each region has its own Godfather. Ex governor of lagos state Bola Tinibu is said to be Godfather in of lagos and Osun state.The people obey him . When he sneezes,the people catches cold. Whomever he annoites win the election. He controls the state assembly, state tax system, transport system and Agberos . Whoever disagrees with Tinibu disagrees is an enemy of the state.

Chief Saraki was a strong political heavy weight in Kwara state. His son Dr Bukola Saraki benefited from his dad dynasty. His daughter was a senator. His fall out with the APC government marked the begining of the downfall of the Saraki Dynasty. The people were tired of one family dictatorship. They wanted a new face.

Among the Igbos, It is difficult single out one Godfather. In
https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/01/who-is-the-godfather-of-the-igbos/

The people you mentioned got those leadership and control with public funds

When money stop following, shiit will start happening
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Naajjii: 7:22am On Nov 11, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Why I lean towards the Biafran ideology completely and support my brothers to get their heart desire, Biafra.

I'm glad an Ndigbo went on ground observed things first hand and dare to speak the truth.

Yes, I chastised IPOB for causing mayhem in Oyigbo and coming out to declare false narratives, but I still continue to declare my support for the Biafran ideology and believe it will see the light of the day.

IPOB has some advantages, if the igbos are attacked and IPOB launches a counter attack to fight against Ndigbo interest, that is considered good, laudable and brave, but to launch series of unprovoked attacks strategically targeted at triggering a bigger fight wasn't just unstrtaegic but stvpid. To then turn back and try to spin lies on people and twisting the narratives wasn't even more foolish

IPOB is fully responsible for the situationship at Oyigbo and I greet the leaders of Ndigbo land, the governors and Ohaneze for the bold move and uncovering the root cause of issues first hand.
But you people and some of your leaders are low key supporting Ipob . Its one of your senators that stood as surety for Nnamdi Kalu, a leader of a terrorist group.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by berrystunn(m): 7:23am On Nov 11, 2020
Alexis11:
True. But virtually all Igbos on NL are Igbos.

Some of them will say they are not in support but will still go ahead to like any post in support of Ipob. lol

Shout up.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Bashir75: 7:23am On Nov 11, 2020
tobechi74:
Who is the leader of Igbos

Each region has its own Godfather. Ex governor of lagos state Bola Tinibu is said to be Godfather in of lagos and Osun state.The people obey him . When he sneezes,the people catches cold. Whomever he annoites win the election. He controls the state assembly, state tax system, transport system and Agberos . Whoever disagrees with Tinibu disagrees is an enemy of the state.

Chief Saraki was a strong political heavy weight in Kwara state. His son Dr Bukola Saraki benefited from his dad dynasty. His daughter was a senator. His fall out with the APC government marked the begining of the downfall of the Saraki Dynasty. The people were tired of one family dictatorship. They wanted a new face.

Among the Igbos, It is difficult single out one Godfather. In
https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/01/who-is-the-godfather-of-the-igbos/

You are right, my friend. There is no difference between the leaderless Igbo and the leaderless protesters/anarchists. Any group or race without leaders will perish as behind every stream; there is a river to ensure its sustainable flow. The notion that Igbos are republican with no leaders or kings is a disgracing idea. God in His Might sent Prophets as leaders to guide humanity, and even among angels, there is a leader.

While the writer alluded to Tinubu and Saraki as godfathers, he deceitful avoided talking about power-drunk leaders from the Igboland, such as the Mba brothers, who removed a sitting governor in Anambra. A former sports minister and senator Nwobodo stole the National stadium generator for his mother's burial. Nigerians are very tribalistic and deceitful by DNA. Unfortunately, most people from the so-called "leaderless region" desire a successful life are living and working in the region with leaders. Leaderless culture" does not bring them success until they live in areas with known leaders.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by RedPhoenix: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2020
Naajjii:

But you people and some of your leaders are low key supporting Ipob . Its one of your senators that stood as surety for Nnamdi Kalu, a leader of a terrorist group.

I've never denied my agreement with the Biafran identity and it is not strange for youths to defend sovereign interests. What i don't support is when they go on a killing spree as witnessed in Oyigbo.

I'm not Ndigbo, however, i pledge my unyielding support for it
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by olas24u(f): 7:25am On Nov 11, 2020
ejighikemeuwa:

you don't know what you are talking,.you are speaking the mind of your Fulani masters
are you a terrorist?

I really dont think you want this biafra,its not yielding any result,only brain washing of humanbeings
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by dabby4real: 7:28am On Nov 11, 2020
IPOB is a joke...With their joker Nnamdi Kanuri ...Claiming Rivers State to be Biafra....who told u dumb ass that Rivers people want to be in Biafra. Common Aba is like Trash...and u want a country. I laugh in spanish ...suckers!
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by berrystunn(m): 7:30am On Nov 11, 2020
mannatech:
The governors are not wise. They shouldn't give the Igbos a valid reason to demand for a referendum.
The endsars protest has shown a big disconnect between government and the people, how these politicians come to conclusions and think they know what the people really want is baffling.

referendum will shock you
Dead on arrival, IPOB is working without consultations

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by YoonSung57: 7:32am On Nov 11, 2020
Ok nah
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Myer(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/10/rivers-ipob-cant-speak-for-igbo-people-gov-umahi/

4th paragraph, according to Umahi not according to Wike.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2020
Umahi is a lame man
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by ablejesus26(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Is that even a case for argument?

Oga forget about Ipob dat have been proscribed and provide good Governance to your people

Se have always had their own bulk share of Useless Governors
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by ruffDiamond: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2020
Stalwert:
Ipob are a sick depraved group of terrorists. They seek to provoke inter ethnic conflict in Nigeria by attacking people of other ethnic nationalities to attract repraisals.

Ipob are like your envious village People who cannot bring you down by witchcraft but will create problems in their miserable dwelling that may consume you miles away.
shut it, abok1 you mean political terrorist? the herdsmen roaming about freely maiming and killing at will are good citizens abi?grap a mirror, look at it very well, you'll see of the most dangerous terrorist in the world starring right back at you! #onesouthernnigeriaiddagoal
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by AntiChristian: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Onepeople:
from ur moniker is obvious u need to visit psychi - --atric.

This is attacking the messenger and leaving the message! You also need evaluation at a Neuropsychiatrist center either at Aro Abeokuta or Yaba leftside.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Emperor4tune(m): 7:48am On Nov 11, 2020
The easterners are indeed great people but the downfall of any igbo man is PRIDE...take it or you leave it,tell me what on earth will make a man thinks he is beter than another man,race or tribe if not pride..
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by winterfell007(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2020
BabaCommander:

The Governors are elected by their respective states, not the mijority of Igbos. Truth is that IPOB have more more 'majority of Igbos support ' than Umahi. Still IPOB has no right to detect to any Igbo man.

No one in Igbo land can arrogate to himself the right to speak for the Igbo people.

Every Igbo man has the right to speak for himself and decide his Destiny so are every group for themselves.

Igbos have no higher power other than the Almighty God Himself.

The good people of Ebonyi elected to Umahi to govern them. So he can speak for them. Afterall, he embodys their will and aspirations. Nobody gave Nnamdi the right to speak for us
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Dreadful: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/10/rivers-ipob-cant-speak-for-igbo-people-gov-umahi/

My people use to say that when you are being mentioned all the time... That there is something you are doing grin grin grin
IPOB has reduced this criminals to nothing.
They now resort to wailing with their fake press releases.

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by winterfell007(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:
Umahi, you can't even speak for your people in Abakiliki. You are not that relevant in the general scheme of things in Igboland. The quest for Biafra started before you and will continue after you.

Useless short dwarf wey him wife they give konk for bedroom.

The sad truth is that the quest for Biafra died along with Ojukwu, it might take your death to realize that Biafra is unachievable. It's sad but true
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2020
Igbo governors can't speak for Igbos either. They are worst than Boko Haram cos they are sellouts. They all want what they want which is more.more and more power that's why they see IPOB as a no ster that has risen to destroy their dreams not Igbo dreams o. Our Representatives have failed us.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Stalwert: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2020
[s]
ruffDiamond:
shut it, abok1 you mean political terrorist? the herdsmen roaming about freely maiming and killing at will are good citizens abi?grap a mirror, look at it very well, you'll see of the most dangerous terrorist in the world starring right back at you! #onesouthernnigeriaiddagoal
[/s]

Tribal bigots don't impress me
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by gaskiyamagana: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2020
azawuoba:
everyone hates ipob
even their governors
chai

who do them this thing
Na Awolowo in the past and Tinubu of the present.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by vioment: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2020
That is one of the right position to stand on.

I would like to see any divisional or imaginary group people, examples are amotekun, hisba, all imaginary regional or tribal group; they all should be disqualified as being distractors of progress.

These people have some valid claims that needs to be included in the progress plans and actions.

Oga umahi got it wrong on this by not wisely diffusing the issue without name calling.

If I were a current leader like oga umahi, I would call them for some meetings, the first session is listening and note taking, then after the session, your team is supposed to help you find commonality and let them know what you can do in regards to their concerns. But also condemn their union respectfully, and honestly brief them and the rest of the society, about the current possibilities and let them know that everyone is on one ship on the high seas. We have to work it out.

Like I say earlier, get into the habit of dismissing the ideology of other groups too, whenever you dismiss one.

Oga umahi stood on the right position but was not wise to give concrete actions for a way forward but also respect for law, which was the intent here I think. But it was an uncivilized response.

Oga umahi has been down graded to 2nd world leader from my point of view. No time. He fit increase his good actions to a great person that he is. My loyalty to leaders is on A action to action basis. A 1st world leader is a 360 degree thinker. They envision greatness. Great leaders can be disoriented. The bad part is that other leaders in other states even encourage those groups with uniforms, sponsorship, and sl

As for wike, that one and Trump na 5 and 6. Dem can like bully with authorities, they love thuggery, power chasers, lying traits, etc. I liked when wike maltreat that lying history king/chief sometime ago.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Nwaotu10(m): 7:59am On Nov 11, 2020
Isn't obvious they're already speaking for us.
Attack on ipob is an attack on the Igbos.

Funnily enough, the so called Igbo leaders are not speaking vfor us, bit ipob is.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by mannatech: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2020
berrystunn:

referendum will shock you
Dead on arrival, IPOB is working without consultations
Then, why is the government scared of allowing one?
Isn't it obvious that the government is certain it won't end in its favor?

I do not support or like ipob ideology. Too much lies from NMK
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Blakpot: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2020
Is Ipob really fighting for d best interest of igbos? All they are doing is causing division btwn Igbos n other tribes, and stirring up tension and making things difficult for Igbo's going about their normal life.

No sensible person would want to see another civil war.

Also assuming Ipob gets biafra, wt would be d fate of igbos who never wanted a secession, they are branded as betrayers and executed.

The difficulties in Nigeria aren't unique to igbos alone. It affects every other tribe. So stop this pathetic agitations, use ur head and stop being misled
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by juman(m): 8:03am On Nov 11, 2020
They should engage in politics..
Nigerian political space is rough but it getting better.

If they have their members as elected officials in the states in their region, the height is their limit in implementing good plans for their people.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by gaskiyamagana: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2020
Dreadful:

My people use to say that when you are being mentioned all the time... That there is something you are doing grin grin grin
IPOB has reduced this criminals to nothing.
They now resort to wailing with their fake press releases.
If your failed you for Biafra and South elders are scaring Oduduwa campaigner, hopefully they will get us RESTRUCTURING, else THUNDER will scatter to grave one by one just as covid 19 commot some......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogun PRP Guber Candidate, Prof. Bamgbose Dies 5 Days After Winning Guber Ticket / Those Opposing Relocation Of CBN, FAAN Depts Are Mischief-Makers – Shettima / PH Refinery: Marketers Eye Fuel Price Reduction, Ready To Load

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.