Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria (3891 Views)

Tinubu Attends Ground Breaking Ceremony Of New US Consulate In Lagos / United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic / Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by CastedAyo: 9:59am On Nov 11, 2020
The United States Mission in Nigeria has shut its embassy and consulate in Nigeria to mark Veterans Day.

“Our Embassy and Consulate are closed today to commemorate #VeteransDay. Today we offer respect for and recognition of the contributions our service members have made to the cause of peace and freedom around the world,” the mission tweeted on Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/USinNigeria/status/1326439489775017985?s=20

Igbere TV reports that Veterans Day is a federal holiday in the US observed annually on November 11 for honouring persons who have served in the US Armed Forces.

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by HAccord: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2020
Great country! God bless the veterans!

Thunder fire buhari and his zombies. Amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by YoonSung57: 10:02am On Nov 11, 2020
Nice one! Nigeria was once a great Nation
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by jlinkd78(m): 10:02am On Nov 11, 2020
Following
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by TecM0: 10:06am On Nov 11, 2020
The way they honour their service men in US is something of pride

Even Yahoo boys use it to scam them

1 Like

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2020
This is a nation who soldiers will be proud to serve their country and whose generals are really deserving of those ranks.Respect!
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 10:14am On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:
Great country! God bless the veterans! Thunder fire buhari and his zombies.Amen

2 Likes

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by helinues: 10:28am On Nov 11, 2020
That's normal

Applicable to all embassies

RuudVanNisteroy
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2020
Dunno why Buhari hastily congratulated Joe Biden.

While I want Biden to win, we would have been patient for final announcement before congratulating anyone. Most world leaders made the same mistake. Let's not allow our sentiment take hold of us. Within the American constitution, Trump has the right to contest the election in the court. He has that right and we must respect that.

Do anybody know what will be the outcome of the court ruling? Has all the votes been counted? Has Biden been officially announced? Why joining media sentiment congratulate a projected winner? Its so undiplomatic. We should learn the rules of diplomatic engagement. If indeed there was fraud in the elections, it become shameful of us and Trump will become vindicated.

The people embarrassing America will surely be the people that participated in the fraud. Like I said, I pray Biden is finally declared but we need to learn how to behave. After all we need more energy dedicated in building our country. Unnecessary worries about a country almost our population is shameful. China surely should worry more but has refused to congratulate Biden yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Golan007: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Dunno why Buhari hastily congratulated Joe Biden.

While I want Biden to win, we would have been patient for final announcement before congratulating anyone. Most world leaders made the same mistake. Let's not allow our sentiment take hold of us. Within the American constitution, Trump has the right to contest the election in the court. He has that right and we must respect that.

Do anybody know what will be the outcome of the court ruling? Has all the votes been counted? Has Biden been officially announced? Why joining media sentiment congratulate a projected winner? Its so undiplomatic. We should learn the rules of diplomatic engagement. If indeed there was fraud in the elections, it become shameful of us and Trump will become vindicated.

The people embarrassing America will surely be the people that participated in the fraud. Like I said, I pray Biden is finally declared but we need to learn how to behave. After all we need more energy dedicated in building our country. Unnecessary worries about a country almost our population is shameful. China surely should worry more but has refused to congratulate Biden yet.

There would be no contrary court ruling.

Trump can do all what he likes but soon enough he would be without a home.
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by AngusTV: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hmmn

They are also tired of the country too lolz
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by SpicyMimi(f): 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
Cool

Final clearance sales : Good quality T-shirts available, few polos , socks, jeans, long sleeves shirts, boxers, 3 in 1 White T-shirts etc all available at low prices. Stock is limited and this is the last clearance sales.
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by thatsleepboy1: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2020
It's their problems anyways. Happy veterans day shebi?
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2020
It's a federal holiday and every US federal building in and outside of the country will be closed just for the day.
See as you wan use headline crash people hope. My pastor said dem go give me US visa this year, no just kill the prophesy I kneel down dey beg you.

1 Like

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Rosskivvy: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:

The US has invaded more countries and slaughtered more innocent people than any country in human history, the most recent being Iraq, which they invaded and destroyed based on a pack of lies that that country had weapons of mass destruction. The invasion led to the slaughter of over a million innocent Iraqi men, women, and children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by thatsleepboy1: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Rosskivvy:

The US has invaded more countries and slaughtered more innocent people than any country in human history, the most recent being Iraq, which they invaded and destroyed based on a pack of lies that that country had weapons of mass destruction. The invasion led to the slaughter of over a million innocent Iraqi men, women, and children.

And God keeps blessing them. Why? Cos they're God's tools to an extent.
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by FarahAideed: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2020
helinues:
That's normal

Applicable to all embassies

So does Nigeria shut it's embassies of Armed forces Remembrance Day ?
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Godfullsam(m): 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
That is why I love to work in embassies. Too much public holidays.

They will honour the national holidays of their host country and that of their country.

Too much holidays aswear
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Mcuzy(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
thatsleepboy1:

Don't bring God into it

2 Likes

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Rosskivvy: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
thatsleepboy1:

Really? You wouldn't be saying that if your folks were killed in their air raids, and your home reduced to ashes, which is the story of millions of innocent people across the world, from Iraq to Vietnam, Cambodia, Libya, Afghanistan, Panama, Haiti, Nicaragua, Mexico, Korea, et al. I guess other peoples' lives mean nothing to you in your slavish adulation of the US.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by thatsleepboy1: 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mcuzy:
Don't bring God into it

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by thatsleepboy1: 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2020
Rosskivvy:

Really? You wouldn't be saying that if your folks were killed in their air raids, and your home reduced to ashes, which is the story of millions of innocent people across the world, from Iraq to Vietnam, Cambodia, Libya, Afghanistan, Korea, et al. I guess other peoples' lives mean nothing to you in your adulation of the US.

You're weeping for these countries that wiped away the early faithful followers of JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD and receiving punishment for the innocent bloodshed back then. Even the N/Nigeria won't be exempted from the capital punishment and wrath of God for killing christians in the north and it's already happening before their very eyes but they are blind.
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Rosskivvy: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
thatsleepboy1:

You're weeping for these countries that wiped away the early faithful followers of JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD and receiving punishment for the innocent bloodshed back then. Even the N/Nigeria won't be exempted from the capital punishment and wrath of God for killing christians in the north and it's already happening before their very eyes but they are blind.

Now it's obvious you're a fanatic and a bloodthirsty lunatic. Thanks for revealing your nature.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Golan007:

There would be no contrary court ruling.

Trump can do all what he likes but soon enough he would be without a home.

Yes I agree. As individuals, we can congratulate him but as a nation, it is a diplomatic bridge to make assumptions.
Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by aniomadei1975: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:

language of a fatherless man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Shuts Embassy, Consulate In Nigeria by Golan007: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Yes I agree. As individuals, we can congratulate him but as a nation, it is a diplomatic bridge to make assumptions.

There is no assumption.

The US that claims to be the bastion of democracy, that often lords it over other nations when they appear not to tow their line especially as regards democracy, deserves to be told in no uncertain terms, that their elections have been called.

Even if Trump staged a coup, the EU and a a good majority of the world would not recognise him and I'll say the earlier the better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Then Vs Now [photos] / “government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – Federal Government Declares / Inside Obiagu: One Of Enugu's Slum (Pictures And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.