Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo (4304 Views)

Watch Actress Hilda Dokubo Interview On BBC Speaking Fluent Igbo. / White Woman Seen Speaking Fluent Yoruba Language Without Mistakes / Photoshop: Police Share Video To Debunk Allegation Of Fake Suspects’ Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nigerians have taken to social media to react a video circulating on social media about two lovely igbo kids speaking igbo language fluently.
The video going about has one of the children name as Crystal and Dozie from Anambra state. Both were being Interviewed by their dad in a park in USA.

This has shown that where you grow up is not a genuine excuse not to speak and understand your tribal or ethnic languages

Watch video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI9m5YPQNmM

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Isaacetim19(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2020
hmm
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by thesicilian: 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2020
It's very easy if both parents speak the same language.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
Reactions

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by CodeTemplar: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
Lol...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by fallout87: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Seriously the obsession with tribe is why Nigeria can never move forward.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by SaiOba: 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
Igbo Amaka grin Yoruba Amaka grin Hausa Amaka grin Nigeria Mara mma.. Awon temi da?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by drskyfly007(m): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Beautiful

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by moneyshop: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
This is very needful

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by horsepower102: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
While there are so many Igbo children born in common lagos that cant speak Igbo. When you ask them, they say I am Lagosian. Whatever that nonsense means.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
horsepower102:
While there are so many Igbo children born in common lagos that cant speak Igbo. When you ask them, they say I am Lagosian. Whatever that nonsense means.

I had one in NYSC back then. When I ask him why he can't speak igbo fluently, he said he grew up in Lagos. Then I wonder Lagos and the states where is more distant from igbo culture.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by GallantDuke(m): 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
While some of their mates are busy speaking English that they can not speak well.

That was how one said to me "UNCLE, COME AND BE GOING"
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by horsepower102: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:

I had one in NYSC back then. When I ask him why he can't speak igbo fluently, he said he grew up in Lagos. Then I wonder Lagos and the states where is more distant from igbo culture.

Exactly. Lagos that is just a few kilometers away from the East. The same lagos my own mother used to go to all the time for her business.

The truth is that some Igbo parents failed their kids. They made their kids speak only English at home. This gave them the false idea that speaking Igbo is backward and English is better.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by 201320142015ob(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
Christianity left Israel as a family, came to Rome as a religion, went to England as politics and ended up in Africa as business.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
horsepower102:

Exactly. Lagos that is just a few kilometers away from the East. The same lagos my own mother used to go to all the time for her business.

The truth is that some Igbo parents failed their kids. They made their kids speak only English at home.
True. Personally I was like that. My mum and dad speak igbo for us growing up. But I personally refused to learn. Until I went to imo state to school. Within 2years, I was already speaking igbo to my parents and they are happy I chose to school in the east cheesy. So many igbo Children forming porch with English. But their parents actually played a part in it

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by loveth360(f): 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
SaiOba:
Igbo Amaka grin Yoruba ajoka grin Hausa Ajoka grin Nigeria jokari. Awon temi da?
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Fabulousl0l(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:
Nigerians have taken to social media to react a video circulating on social media about two lovely igbo kids speaking igbo language fluently.
The video going about has one of the children name as Christy and Dixie from Anambra state. Both were being Interviewed by their dad in a park in USA.

This has shown that where you grow up is not a genuine excuse not to speak and understand your tribal or ethnic languages

Watch video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI9m5YPQNmM

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Wow, so lovely

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Thejustw14(m): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
I'm Yoruba & I must say, this is beautiful.:!!:.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by ashacot: 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
This is very impressive I must say. Kudos to their parents.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by princepee: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
201320142015ob:
Christianity left Israel as a family, came to Rome as a religion, went to England as politics and ended up in Africa as business.
fmeaning?I think you should stay off weed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by OfoIgbo: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
201320142015ob:

Wise words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
201320142015ob:

I doubt there will be any better wise words.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Conrod: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
201320142015ob:
I have added 2020 to your moniker,i like that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Dicktrade: 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
This is so sweet. I am now envious honestly. I wish I was able to learn how to speak Igbo when I was little embarassed . now I m struggling to speak. But I will surely learn it
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Dicktrade: 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:

True. Personally I was like that. My mum and dad speak igbo for us growing up. But I personally refused to learn. Until I went to imo state to school. Within 2years, I was already speaking igbo to my parents and they are happy I chose to school in the east cheesy. So many igbo Children forming porch with English. But their parents actually played a part in it

I would have chosen to school in the east but I declined. Would have helped me to understand and speak very well
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by IamWonderful: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
Na Grammy award?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Shortyy(f): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
But the ones in Nigeria will be speaking nonsense English to their kids
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Ozonnengltheory: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
Good
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by starbuck(f): 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ozubulu Amaka wink wink wink
We no dey carry last..

Kudos to Nwanne m nwoke
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Should: 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
201320142015ob:
this is good!
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dicktrade:

I would have chosen to school in the east but I declined. Would have helped me to understand and speak very well

Well, I must say it was a missed opportunity. I was once like you. I practically didn't know how to speak igbo before my going to imo state to school. But things turn around and I m now fluent in speaking igbo. It is not late though. You can still learn to speak it with determination.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Id Cards Found Among Illegal Arms In Kano / Reuben Abati Sidelined As Presidency Hires Doyin Okupe As SSA On Public Affairs / Cameroon Dam Release:the Conspiracy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.