Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo (4303 Views)

Watch Actress Hilda Dokubo Interview On BBC Speaking Fluent Igbo. / White Woman Seen Speaking Fluent Yoruba Language Without Mistakes / Photoshop: Police Share Video To Debunk Allegation Of Fake Suspects’ Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by DeOTR: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
I rebuked my Brother then when he insisted he didn't want his children to understand Yoruba. Now the idiot would speak the language to his children whenever visitors are around and he wants to keep the conversation private.
It's pointless to stop children from learning any language for any reason, which to my understanding, is due to the inferiority complex of the parents involved.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Coneheadyutes(m): 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
fallout87:
[s]Seriously the obsession with tribe is why Nigeria can never move forward.[/s]

mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Ugwuoha: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:
Nigerians have taken to social media to react a video circulating on social media about two lovely igbo kids speaking igbo language fluently.
The video going about has one of the children name as Christy and Dixie from Anambra state. Both were being Interviewed by their dad in a park in USA.

This has shown that where you grow up is not a genuine excuse not to speak and understand your tribal or ethnic languages

Watch video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI9m5YPQNmM

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

According to the video, the kids are "Crystal" and "Dozie" not Christy and Dixie.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by HAccord: 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
Umu oma...Umu oma na suru ni anyi Igbo biko.

Ndi iro anyi chebu na asusu Igbo ga nwuru,
mana Chukwu juru aju.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by HAccord: 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
fallout87:
Seriously the obsession with tribe is why Nigeria can never move forward.

Go and throw away your own language because of 'one nigeria'.

That's your business. As for Igbo language, it will live on till the end of time. It's a heavenly language spoken by angels themselves. Go and listen to Ekwueme and other Igbo gospel music inspiring people around the globe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by HAccord: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:

[s]True. Personally I was like that. My mum and dad speak igbo for us growing up. But I personally refused to learn. Until I went to imo state to school. Within 2years, I was already speaking igbo to my parents and they are happy I chose to school in the east cheesy. So many igbo Children forming porch with English. But their parents actually played a part in it[/s]

Stop deceiving yourself. You deliberately write the word 'Igbo' with small letter in all your posts like yoromuslims and zombies do herein. No well lettered Igboman who drank his mother's breastmilk properly does that. grin

You have more anti-Igbo posts and threads than the average Joe herein. Na who you wan jonz for here? You are most probably an ewedu or abokii muslim. YOU ARE NOT IGBO.

Everybody no be f00l for here. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by HAccord: 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ozonnengltheory:
Good

Hidden pain, my dear brotherly. grin
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:

Stop deceiving yourself. You deliberately write the word 'Igbo' with small letter in all posts. No well lettered Igboman who drank his mother's breatmilk properly does that.

You have more anti-Igbo posts and threads than the average Joe herein. Na who you wan jonz for here? You are most probably an ewedu or abokii muslim. YOU ARE NOT IGBO.

Can you imagine this one? I m very sure that I m more Igbo than you. I don't have time for trolls like you here. Get out of my mention. Tribalist.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Coneheadyutes(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:

Stop deceiving yourself. You deliberately write the word 'Igbo' with small letter in all posts. No well lettered Igboman who drank his mother's breatmilk properly does that.

Oh yes, this might be true. I remember this peacekante guy, I see his comments everywhere, he is very igbophobic, or maybe i'm just thinking about someone else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by meekhat: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dicktrade:

I would have chosen to school in the east but I declined. Would have helped me to understand and speak very well

I can teach you or anybody to speak, read and write Igbo Language in few months at a little token. I am a Language tutor, Igbo Language precisely. Ya Gazie!!
Akara Ekwe nti m bu: zero 8 zero 6 3 four one 7 7 five three.
Call/whatsapp
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by HAccord: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Oh yes, this might be true. I remember this peacekante guy, I see his comments everywhere, he is very igbophobic, or maybe i'm just thinking about someone else.
You dey mind the itiboribo? He thinks he can f0ol us, just go throw his posts and threads, you'll know his tribe. Some of us are too lettered to be f00led by riff-raffs.

Once I see any username and him posts,I don mark the way him dey think, e don register for my brain permanently.
Well trained Igbo brain no dey forget. That guy na zombie. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:

You dey mind the itiboribo? He thinks he can f0ol us, just go throw his posts and threads, you'll know his tribe. Some of us are too lettered to be f00led by riff-raffs.

Once I see any username and him posts,I don mark the way him dey think, e don register for my brain permanently.
Well trained Igbo brain no dey forget. grin

See IPOB members thinking all IGBOS are IPOB members. Chai!
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Coneheadyutes(m): 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:

So insulting and attacking Igbos is allowed because you are not an ipob member?

Peacekante, we know you very well. You are fooling nobody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by HAccord: 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:

See am, him wan hide under 'I be Ibo but I hate IPOB' deceit. Na their way when you catch them by the balls. grin grin

You be Igbo na him you dey write 'Igbo' with small letters for all your 342 comments since you register for NL.

Oga, raise your dirty agbero armpit make you smell am, e go dey smell 'sikiru...sikiru'. Confirm am now. grin grin

You are not Igbo. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:

See am, him wan hide under 'I be Ibo but I hate IPOB' deceit. Na their way when you catch them by the balls. grin grin

You be Igbo na him you dey write 'Igbo' with small letters for all your 342 comments since you register for NL.

Oga, raise your dirty agbero armpit make you smell am, e go dey smell 'sikiru...sikiru'. Confirm am now. grin grin

You are not Igbo. grin

Onye nzuzu. Incase you want to know, I m from Udi Local government in Enugu state. Mpama.

IPOB members. We will continue to dislike you guys.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by HAccord: 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:

Onye nzuzu. Incase you want to know, I m from Udi Local government in Enugu state. Mpama.

Na so..

You go Udi go do NYSC, come begin cram general Igbo words give us. grin

Sikiru dey form Emeka give us after him done use him hand reveal say him be cantankerous zombie. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Ozonnengltheory: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
peacekante:

Don’t start denying your fellow Yoruba Muslim brothers just to pass a message to ndigbo. We know you very well. Once a cone head, always a cone head grin

Is insulting your fellow Igbo brethren normal of an Igbo man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ozonnengltheory:

Don’t start denying your fellow Yoruba Muslim brothers just to pass a message to ndigbo. We know you very well. Once a cone head, always a cone head grin

Is insulting your fellow Igbo brethren normal of an Igbo man?

See how you guys have turned a very good thread to a tribal bashing thread. The best is to ignore you tribalist IPOB members. You can't take away my Igbo background.

Udo.

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by laiperi: 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
Very impressive.

This is not only Igbo as a problem. It is common in Africa where parents speak English, French and Portuguese to their children as if it is classy.

It seems that in foreign countries, it is easier for the girls to pick up African languages than the boys. Girls have a wider part of the brain for languages.

Even Hausa high class have problems with their kids speaking Hausa. After all, Buhari is not fluent in Fulani despite his mixed blood.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by edoairways: 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
HAccord:

Go and throw away your own language because of 'one nigeria'.

That's your business. As for Igbo language, it will live on till the end of time. It's a heavenly language spoken by angels themselves. Go and listen to Ekwueme and other Igbo gospel music inspiring people around the globe.
Heavenly language isn't restricted to Igbo language. The singer was filled with the spirit of God to minister that song. If you watch her other songs, they didn't gain momentum like Ekwueme. Other heavenly songs like Oghene doh by Frank Edward gain momentum few years back

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 12:12am On Nov 12, 2020
laiperi:
Very impressive.

This is not only Igbo as a problem. It is common in Africa where parents speak English, French and Portuguese to their children as if it is classy.

It seems that in foreign countries, it is easier for the girls to pick up African languages than the boys. Girls have a wider part of the brain for languages.

Even Hausa high class have problems with their kids speaking Hausa. After all, Buhari is not fluent in Fulani despite his mixed blood.

That is very unfortunate IMO
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Prosperchuks1344(m): 3:12am On Nov 12, 2020
horsepower102:
While there are so many Igbo children born in common lagos that cant speak Igbo. When you ask them, they say I am Lagosian. Whatever that nonsense means.

IGBOS born in Lagos are something else, whenever they tell me that crap I dunno how to speak Igbo I dey para for them eee....

I was born outside the country, but I can speak and write Igbo, and many of us born over there speaks Igbo fluently and the countries language too...

Na only for naija I dey hear that rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by HAccord: 4:56am On Nov 12, 2020
edoairways:

Heavenly language isn't restricted to Igbo language. The singer was filled with the spirit of God to minister that song. If you watch her other songs, they didn't gain momentum like Ekwueme. Other heavenly songs like Oghene doh by Frank Edward gain momentum few years back

Promote your own while I promote mine. If you no sabi promote yours na you sabi.

Igbo remains a heavenly I owe you no explaination.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

IGBOS born in Lagos are something else, whenever they tell me that crap I dunno how to speak Igbo I dey para for them eee....

I was born outside the country, but I can speak and write Igbo, and many of us born over there speaks Igbo fluently and the countries language too...

Na only for naija I dey hear that rubbish.

Well it is a very crazy and unfortunate situation. I honestly was once like them.

lalasticlala
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Myhusband(m): 7:43am On Nov 12, 2020
unfortunately my woman can't speak Igbo lingual well but I've been telling her she must learn by fire force, my kids must learn how to speak both Igbo and Yoruba language well
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Dicktrade: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:

Well, I must say it was a missed opportunity. I was once like you. I practically didn't know how to speak igbo before my going to imo state to school. But things turn around and I m now fluent in speaking igbo. It is not late though. You can still learn to speak it with determination.

I am doing all I can to be fluent in speaking Igbo. I hope with continuous hard work, I will master it. Most times anytime I try, my cousins will laugh at me especially how I break it into pieces.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Dicktrade: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2020
meekhat:

I can teach you or anybody to speak, read and write Igbo Language in few months at a little token. I am a Language tutor, Igbo Language precisely. Ya Gazie!!
Akara Ekwe nti m bu: zero 8 zero 6 3 four one 7 7 five three.
Call/whatsapp

I m already learning how to speak . thanks for your concern
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by battymann: 8:52am On Nov 12, 2020
Nice one. Good job done by the parents. It will so embarrassing if someone born and raised in US speaks Igbo for one fake oyibo born and raised in Enugu or Owerri and he can't reply properly.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Kzinne: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2020
ashacot:
This is very impressive I must say. Kudos to their parents.
nothing impressive. It's natural. once both parents speak the language actively in the home , the kids will naturally pick it up. That's why it's called mother tongue
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by sweetonugbu: 10:11am On Nov 12, 2020
Sweet
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
battymann:
Nice one. Good job done by the parents. It will so embarrassing if someone born and raised in US speaks Igbo for one fake oyibo born and raised in Enugu or Owerri and he can't reply properly.

cheesy cheesy I swear them many for my area here. Fake Oyibo born raised in Lagos grin
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by ashacot: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kzinne:
nothing impressive. It's natural. once both parents speak the language actively in the home , the kids will naturally pick it up. That's why it's called mother tongue

But at least some level of discipline is involve to achieve it that is why you must give credit to the parents of the children

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Christians, 4 Muslims: CAN Will Not Protest — MURIC / Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna / INCREDIBLE ; See What A Man Does To Attract Government's Attention To Potholes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.