Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo (4319 Views)

Watch Actress Hilda Dokubo Interview On BBC Speaking Fluent Igbo. / White Woman Seen Speaking Fluent Yoruba Language Without Mistakes / Photoshop: Police Share Video To Debunk Allegation Of Fake Suspects’ Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
ashacot:

But at least some level of discipline is involve to achieve it that is why you must give credit to the parents of the children

Yea. I remember my time too. I was laughed at and used as a caricature. But I was not deterred. I was still able to pull through
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by NGpatriot: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF6lMmOtG18

American Children speaking Fluent Yoruba.

American children born to Nigerian parents all speak their parents languages, nothing new..
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
NGpatriot:

American children born to Nigerian parents all speak their parents languages, nothing new..

True. But this thread should remind many kids born in the city that nothing stop them from learning their local language
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by Kzinne: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
ashacot:

But at least some level of discipline is involve to achieve it that is why you must give credit to the parents of the children
no level of discipline is needed insofar both parents speak the language to each other at home
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by NGpatriot: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:

True. But this thread should remind many kids born in the city that nothing stop them from learning their local language

It's really up to transfer their ethnic language and culture to their kids and from experience, most parents are passing on their local language and culture.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
NGpatriot:

It's really up to transfer their ethnic language and culture to their kids and from experience, most parents are passing on their local language and culture.

Well, there was a time that there is a concern about igbo language fading away and this was one of the reasons. This is now a good enough example to many parents and Children who think because they didn't grew up in south east, they shouldn't Understand or speak their dialect
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by SunriseW(f): 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:

True. Personally I was like that. My mum and dad speak igbo for us growing up. But I personally refused to learn. Until I went to imo state to school. Within 2years, I was already speaking igbo to my parents and they are happy I chose to school in the east cheesy. So many igbo Children forming porch with English. But their parents actually played a part in it

You personally refused to learn, lmao��. Which child personally refuses to learn a language spoken in his home. Tell me another story pls.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
SunriseW:

You personally refused to learn, lmao��. Which child personally refuses to learn a language spoken in his home. Tell me another story
pls.

hahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
SunriseW:

You personally refused to learn, lmao��. Which child personally refuses to learn a language spoken in his home. Tell me another story pls.

I was totally ignorant bros. But the key thing here is that I now understand and speak igbo very well now grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by riches4me(m): 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Impressive.but, judging by her American accent, she wasn't born there.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by AsiwajuNdigbo: 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
grin grin
These little kids even speak better than myself. Im impressed very sweet in their little innocent voices. Igbo language is truly beautiful.

Now, you know girls have better auditory and language skills. They have better command and articulation of spoken word. Natural amebos! grin

Igbo Amaka! Crystal nailed it.

Their parents did right thing.
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by ashacot: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kzinne:
no level of discipline is needed insofar both parents speak the language to each other at home

You are correct anyway
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by SunriseW(f): 1:08am On Nov 13, 2020
peacekante:

I was totally ignorant bros. But the key thing here is that I now understand and speak igbo very well now grin grin grin grin

Lol, Okay
It's sis btw
Re: Nigerians Reacts As Man Share Video Of Children Born In US Speaking Fluent Igbo by peacekante: 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
SunriseW:

Lol, Okay
It's sis btw

True. You are correct

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello North East Supporters Hosted Kogi CoS Asuku (Video) / Asari Dokubo:Obi Should Explain To Us wat lead to his His Father's death / N27b Halliburton Scam: Ibb, Abdulsalami, Diya, 77 Others Indicted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.