Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old (884 Views)

Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / My Husband Cannot Satisfy Me In Bed - 25-Year-Old Woman Divorces Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Kolenda(m): 6:39am On Nov 12, 2020
I never imagined one day I would come online to pour out my pains in life. I just don't want to believe I am frustrated.

While growing up, I had better plans for the future. I always thought I'd have graduated before 23 at most as I have always been a very bright student until JAMB JAMMED me for 3 years. I saw the issue as a little set back in life.

I think it's best I write a little about my family background so that you know where I am coming from and where I am going to or rather where I want to go to. From a family with three other siblings, I am the 3rd with a cute little sister as the last. Our dad died when we were very tender. I think I was about seven then. My mom was very heartbroken, devastated, disoriented and disorganized.I knew all these things because I saw it in her eyes as a kid.

My mom who I now see as the strongest woman on earth had to pick up her pieces and start from the scratch with no help from no uncles nor aunties. She had to leave the north for the east after her husbands burial.
She only had one mission and objective in mind, to train us all in school to become better.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Kolenda(m): 6:52am On Nov 12, 2020
I think I have given a brief background of my family. I'll now concentrate on my reason for creating this thread this early morning.

Like I said earlier, I had my life all planned out while growing up or so I thought. I never imagined that at 25, I'd still be a student being frustrated by the government. I feel I am stagnant. I feel I should be more. I want more for myself.

Maybe all those years while I was trying to gain admission into the university, I could have learnt a trade. But this didn't work because of some financial issues in the family. How could I have gotten a side hustle while the family purse was just for our academice.
Or perhaps starting up a business? The opportunity wasn't there. The capital wasn't there too. It was just my poor old mother with her little civil service pay. So I don't think it was possible to diversify in the family. Though we combined our little subsistence farming with the civil service pay
Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Kolenda(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2020
Don't get me wrong, I am not lazy. Right from my junior secondary school days, I have been doing some menial works to support myself. Including my two elder brothers. We all want to support the family. We all want to make it in life. We all want to succed.

Like I stated earlier, I am not lazy. I am intelligent, I am smart(the best student in my department with a CGPA of 4.27). I could be anything I want if I have the platform. Maybe because of lack of opportunities, I might not have been exposed to certain things or way of surviving in this country.

This lockdown and subsequent strike have opened my eyes to the reality in life. I feel like I am stagnant. I am not making any move forward. I feel I could be more.
At 25, I borrow phone my my little sister just to check nairaland. Things just feel like they're working against me. I could have at least tried learning a digital skill online. But I don't even have a smart phone.

Well I am hopeful the latter days shall be greater then the former. My poor widowed mom has a graduate(if not because of the current situation in the country, he would've been doing something commensurate with his degree. He's being under employed), a soon to be medical doctor, a final year student(my humble self) and my little sister who just gained admission.
Our lives here revolves around the educational sector. But we all feel stagnant.
Thank you all for reading. I just want to pour out my mind. Maybe when I beg my little sister for phone, I would see your comments.
Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Fm2019: 8:01am On Nov 12, 2020
OP while are you putting permanent stamp on a temporal situation, what you may be passing through is temporary, I will advise you count your blessings rather, you still have wonderful Mom, siblings and etc focus on the good side and be grateful to God. The country is tough generally. Gather yourself and re-strategize, do little things in an extra ordinary way, remove the focus from yourself and look for how you can be of help to others no matter how little it may seem, volunteer etc. Think of those you are better than and be grateful for every single good people or things you have. Success is a journey but not a destination i.e even after graduation there's life ahead, learn some of those life skills and encourage yourself and note that whatever you are passing through is a phase in your life. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Chujor1634(m): 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
Don't deviate, don't complain, you are in reality. all you gotta do to win this battle is stay on track. there are moments that tries the human souls, guess this is one of those moments. you will get over it for sure. i understand that according to the Bible, " Hope differed, makes the heart sick" but this too shall pass, and like the first commenter said "why disturb yourself over a temporary circumstance, the country is generally hard. we live by Hope in thsi COUNTRY. Its nothing but hope that makes people wake up from bed and still try. don't give up man.

When you will start breaking through and making a living, you will forget all of these, you are not the first to borrow a phone to come online, you're not the first to experience Nigerian Strike, Your family is not the first to have a Graduate that hasn't gotten a reasonable job, you guys wouldn't be the last, this is LIFE bro, just be Hope, if things will fall in place, they will.......and in due TIME.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Kolenda(m): 3:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Fm2019:
OP while are you putting permanent stamp on a temporal situation, what you may be passing through is temporary, I will advise you count your blessings rather, you still have wonderful Mom, siblings and etc focus on the good side and be grateful to God. The country is tough generally. Gather yourself and re-strategize, do little things in an extra ordinary way, remove the focus from yourself and look for how you can be of help to others no matter how little it may seem, volunteer etc. Think of those you are better than and be grateful for every single good people or things you have. Success is a journey but not a destination i.e even after graduation there's life ahead, learn some of those life skills and encourage yourself and note that whatever you are passing through is a phase in your life. Shalom
Thanks a lot for this

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Kolenda(m): 3:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Chujor1634:
Don't deviate, don't complain, you are in reality. all you gotta do to win this battle is stay on track. there are moments that tries the human souls, guess this is one of those moments. you will get over it for sure. i understand that according to the Bible, " Hope differed, makes the heart sick" but this too shall pass, and like the first commenter said "why disturb yourself over a temporary circumstance, the country is generally hard. we live by Hope in thsi COUNTRY. Its nothing but hope that makes people wake up from bed and still try. don't give up man.

When you will start breaking through and making a living, you will forget all of these, you are not the first to borrow a phone to come online, you're not the first to experience Nigerian Strike, Your family is not the first to have a Graduate that hasn't gotten a reasonable job, you guys wouldn't be the last, this is LIFE bro, just be Hope, if things will fall in place, they will.......and in due TIME.
I appreciate your words of encouragement

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by frozen70(f): 6:40am On Nov 13, 2020
Kolenda:
Don't get me wrong, I am not lazy. Right from my junior secondary school days, I have been doing some menial works to support myself. Including my two elder brothers. We all want to support the family. We all want to make it in life. We all want to succed.

Like I stated earlier, I am not lazy. I am intelligent, I am smart(the best student in my department with a CGPA of 4.27). I could be anything I want if I have the platform. Maybe because of lack of opportunities, I might not have been exposed to certain things or way of surviving in this country.

This lockdown and subsequent strike have opened my eyes to the reality in life. I feel like I am stagnant. I am not making any move forward. I feel I could be more.
At 25, I borrow phone my my little sister just to check nairaland. Things just feel like they're working against me. I could have at least tried learning a digital skill online. But I don't even have a smart phone.

Well I am hopeful the latter days shall be greater then the former. My poor widowed mom has a graduate(if not because of the current situation in the country, he would've been doing something commensurate with his degree. He's being under employed), a soon to be medical doctor, a final year student(my humble self) and my little sister who just gained admission.
Our lives here revolves around the educational sector. But we all feel stagnant.
Thank you all for reading. I just want to pour out my mind. Maybe when I beg my little sister for phone, I would see your comments.

Ooh dear, you and your siblings are one of the most luckiest people without a father figure but with a mom that stood her ground to make sure that education will be her children priority

What you call stagnant wasnts stagnant after reading your post, you guys are still at the middle of progress and your guys progress report so far is excellent

Just be happy that soon you all will be out if school and get something doing

I am most grateful to your mother who denied herself all the good lives she needs to make sure nin of you dropped out from school, she is your main MVP so keep riding you will soon get to the finish line to cut the ribbon

Be grateful to God at this stage and start looking forward to greater things

They are all amazing, you have to lift your spirit up so that you don't weigh others down

4 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Kolenda(m): 5:29am On Nov 14, 2020
frozen70:

Ooh dear, you and your siblings are one of the most luckiest people without a father figure but with a mom that stood her ground to make sure that education will be her children priority

What you call stagnant wasnts stagnant after reading your post, you guys are still at the middle of progress and your guys progress report so far is excellent

Just be happy that soon you all will be out if school and get something doing

I am most grateful to your mother who denied herself all the good lives she needs to make sure nin of you dropped out from school, she is your main MVP so keep riding you will soon get to the finish line to cut the ribbon

Be grateful to God at this stage and start looking forward to greater things

They are all amazing, you have to lift your spirit up so that you don't weigh others down

My mother is my everything
Just that with this lockdown and current ASUU strike, I feel like I am not moving. I have already wasted much time trying to gain admission. But I believe I'll win at last

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Karleb(m): 7:12am On Nov 14, 2020
Stop focusing on your age.
Someone like Tiwa Savage never became a star until she was around 33.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Focusmind: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2020
I think the OP is in a haste to make money and start contributing to the family purse. You guys seems to be on course for a rewarding future based on your academic achievements. It is frustrating not to graduate on time and focus on something important.

I was lucky to have even concluded nysc by age 24, despite reading a five year course. Life is a marathon and not a sprint. As long as you are making a steady progress, just hang in there and continue. Nigeria is good at frustrating people in a lot of things.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by OJURONGBE1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
Kolenda:

What are you studying champ?
Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by frozen70(f): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
Kolenda:

My mother is my everything
Just that with this lockdown and current ASUU strike, I feel like I am not moving. I have already wasted much time trying to gain admission. But I believe I'll win at last

Take a visit to Igbobi hospital this weekend, see what orthopedic patients are going through, then come back and tell us how favoured you are
Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Kolenda(m): 6:05am On Nov 15, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

What are you studying champ?

Studying Marketing
Sorry for the late reply, i borrow my sister's phone whenever she's asleep grin
Re: The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old by Kolenda(m): 6:08am On Nov 15, 2020
frozen70:

Take a visit to Igbobi hospital this weekend, see what orthopedic patients are going through, then come back and tell us how favoured you are
I sure do know i am favoured. Two of my course mates died during the period of this lockdown. What I am trying to say is that the Nigerian system is not favourable to the child of a nobody.

(1) (Reply)

Am Sliding Into Depression / Best Baby Diaper Brands In Nigeria In 2021 / That Thing You Did Once Before But Never Proud Of.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.