Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Am Sliding Into Depression - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Sliding Into Depression (883 Views)

Sadly, I Am Finally Sliding Into Depression. / Pls Help Me. I'm Going Into Depression / Am Falling Into Depression I Need Help B4 I Loose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Sliding Into Depression by Lifeo3008: 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
Things a so hard generally for me. I was working in the bank before I was retrenched. I had a 3 bedroom flat that was 90% completed. I had to relocate cos I got another job of 68k monthly. I have a lot of debt hanging on my neck that my salary cannot even accommodate. I have been trying to sell the house for the past 10 months but could not get buyer, the only person that even want to buy it at a ridiculous price of 3m since November has not been able to pay. Presently, I have not been able to pay my 3kids school fees and exam will start on Monday 22nd of March. My debt is around 600k. Most times I felt like eending everything. But wen I remember my kids I backed out cos I love them. Thins are getting more complicated, I have not travelled to see my family for the past 2 months. I use to check them twice in a month bf cos I can't relocate them with me due to financial implications. I can't even call cos I have not been able to send feeding money to my wife. Am so confused and tired of this life. I just feel like ending it.
Anyone that sees me will think all is well. Already am 46yrs old.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by KanwuliaExtra: 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
One question?

IS YOUR WIFE NOT ASSISTING? undecided

I hope and PRAY I never catch my husband typing this kind of thing EVER and vice versa!
We must find ways sha-sha. . . . Make divine powers do their own work.

2 Likes

Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Jdaughter(f): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lifeo3008:
Things a so hard generally for me. I was working in the bank before I was retrenched. I had a 3 bedroom flat that was 90% completed. I had to relocate cos I got another job of 68k monthly. I have a lot of debt hanging on my neck that my salary cannot even accommodate. I have been trying to sell the house for the past 10 months but could not get buyer, the only person that even want to buy it at a ridiculous price of 3m since November has not been able to pay. Presently, I have not been able to pay my 3kids school fees and exam will start on Monday 22nd of March. My debt is around 600k. Most times I felt like eending everything. But wen I remember my kids I backed out cos I love them. Thins are getting more complicated, I have not travelled to see my family for the past 2 months. I use to check them twice in a month bf cos I can't relocate them with me due to financial implications. I can't even call cos I have not been able to send feeding money to my wife. Am so confused and tired of this life. I just feel like ending it.

It is well with you sir.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by falcon01: 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
Damn Bro, its gonna be alright! I dont know how I dont know when but it sure gonna be alright.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Lifeo3008: 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
She is assisting from the little shes getting.

KanwuliaExtra:
One question?

IS YOUR WIFE NOT ASSISTING? undecided

I hope and PRAY I never catch my husband typing this kind of thing EVER and vice versa!
We must find ways sha-sha. . . . Make divine powers do their own work.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by KanwuliaExtra: 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lifeo3008:
She is assisting from the little shes getting.

Abeg. . . . do something. . . .ANYTHING. . . .

This situation is never funny o. . . . we must all go through it.
It will pass for sure.
Hang in there.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by loba18: 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lifeo3008:

God will make a way for you
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by donbachi(m): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
U better throw back flip.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by BlueSparks: 9:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lifeo3008:

You don't have problems nah

I see golden chance to become a multi million are in just 12 months if you follow this advice I will give.

But first how much do you want to sell the house?
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by yemmit90: 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
Be strong sir, many people are facing the same problem with no hope of getting out of it. At least you still have an asset(house) you can sell to re-build your finance.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
You will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lifeo3008:

My brother the first thing you need is solid prayers before strategy and then execution can make sense. It is well with you.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by signature2012(m): 12:18am On Mar 21, 2021
Lifeo3008:

Sir,dont hurt yourself please.I know you are going through a very rough path.Many of us went through same except those that were born with silver spoon.

Please,dont sell that property for any reason.If you do,you will surely regret it in future.

You have a job that still pays you 68k every month.Try to manage it,cut all unnecessary expenses be it impulse or any other.

As for your kids,how much do you pay for them per term?Remember you are no more in the banking sector.Change their school to a cheaper one for now and let your wife create time to brush them up since you are not presently with them.

Banking job is so volatile.I hope people in that sector will learn not to relent on it and always have an exit plan.

Also sir,remember you are no more in the banking sector,I know how bankers live....Loan!Loan!!Loan!!!.
Only buy or spend on what is very important.

I pray help comes your way soon.

1 Like

Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by SanctifiedSista(f): 1:05am On Mar 21, 2021
Cry no more, GOD still answers secret tears
I invite u to our covenant day of settlement service today at the living faith church winners chapel. If u are in lagos, come to faith terbanacle. U can holla at me so u can enter free transportation. Time is 6am, 8am, 9;50am and 11:45 am. Learn to advantage of opportunities..as u come with your anointing oil, solution will come for u this week. Congratulations
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Fedrams: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
Survival in Nigeria is hard. God will make a way
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Ginaz(f): 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
Pls don't sell your property , one day you will see the value of it. Don't sell biko. How do you intend to start afresh with another one?

What you're passing through shall end one day. Never give up , God is in control.

2 Likes

Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by spawnx: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
if you've completed your house to 90%, then don't sell. Focus on how to move into the house which cuts cost. Find a job in the city where your home is.

1 Like

Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Lifeo3008: 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
Thanks for your advise. I have left we're the building is, I got a job in south south. While my wife and kids are in south west. The house was rented out but the rent in that area in not much. Am not sure of going back to we're the property is again cos am not from that state and am not sure of getting job there

spawnx:
if you've completed your house to 90%, then don't sell. Focus on how to move into the house which cuts cost. Find a job in the city where your home is.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by LadySarah: 1:34am On Mar 23, 2021
Lifeo3008:
Thanks for your advise. I have left we're the building is, I got a job in south south. While my wife and kids are in south west. The house was rented out but the rent in that area in not much. Am not sure of going back to we're the property is again cos am not from that state and am not sure of getting job there

pls hang in there, you aren't the only one going through it.Also try to call your family,it isn't right to totally ignore them.

For Starters ,can you put your kids in a public school?forget ppls opinion and do what's best for your family.You and your wife can pull resources together and try to offset some of the debt and still have feeding money.

It doesn't always last.Your family needs you alive.pls live and be strong for them.One day you'll look back and smile.Amen.
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by temiyato(m): 1:50am On Mar 23, 2021
Lifeo3008:

I shud be typing my story to encourage but i wont cos its a public forum. In christ , there is light . find christ early , he will give u peace and all ur problems will be over even before u know it. Fervent prayers and a purposeful life in christ will erase any thoughts of suicide. Since u have a job , hold on to it , pay ur tithe and make a convenant with Jehovah and see how things unfold for better. God bless u sir. Ur soul is precious in the eyes of God .
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by frozen70(f): 4:06am On Mar 23, 2021
Lifeo3008:

Talk to people who you think can assist you financially no matter how small it is

You didn't mention what put you to such amount of debt

This is where you need your wife to rarry round her own family to assist you

Don't get depressed it leads to BP

Once you are gone others you are struggling for must survive

Life is fun if we can manage what comes around us
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Dre183(m): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2021
Sell your house and look for a better business or travel out...
Re: Am Sliding Into Depression by Nnetriplet: 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
Please am interested in the house

(1) (Reply)

I Can Move Your Goods From Place To Place In Lagos. Call Or Whatsapp Me. Thanks. / A Son Beating His Mother In Lagos / Relocation To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.