Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. (5573 Views)

Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Jonathan Wins In Bayelsa / Jonathan Wins Ekiti With 176,474 Votes - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by PeeDaVinci: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2011
if he wins, i will start a countdown from 365*4 days of stagnation in nigeria, and will wish nigerians goodluck
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by boycottam: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2011

Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by segzicres(m): 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
if he wins then i'ma contest for the next election, you need to hear he's wife address people, she's worse than that rita babe in d'banjs show, horrible. both of them relate then you can imagine what our president'll be like, just imagine don't come into any conclusions
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Newscaster: 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
segzi cres:

if he wins then i'ma contest for the next election, you need to hear he's wife address people, she's worse than that rita babe in d'banjs show, horrible. both of them relate then you can imagine what our president'll be like, just imagine don't come into any conclusions

We have heard that before.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by 3kay945(m): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2011
if JONATHAN wins, it simply show one thing to me, we have learnt nothing . so we go back to church and mosque and start our usual prayers for GOD intervention,
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by ifyalways(f): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2011
segzi cres:

Ouch.
Your stone got you.  grin
@Topic . . .Business as usual for some,rantings as usual for nld and suffering and smiling continues for most Nigerians.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by abopal: 2:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
If Ebele wins, then NIGERIA should be ready for the continuation of the reign of IBB, OBJ, Bode George, Tony Anenih, Ahmadu Ali, and a host of other crooked elements.

If Buhari wins, the Night of swearing-in, most of them will be on their way outside Nigeria
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by bjgoke: 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2011
I see GEJ as a tool in the hands of some cabals (both the known & faceless) that dont want to leave the corridor of power due to their past atrocities and ever juicy national cake.

If he wins , i'll congratulate him and pray to God for him to lead us in the right path. However i think the problem is not Jonathan nor Dame but PDP, Nigerians have lost faith in the party.

God save and bless Nigeria.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by away4real(m): 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
The expectation is that GEJ will win. Such a spin, geez

If he looses that sould be very shocking.

The attempt to paint this with a religious and ethnic brush is actually very sad and to hear it coming from young people is more worrying.

PDP has all the structures and there is so much selfish interest that the elites everywhere want them to win.

My choice to support Buhari is out of the desire for a change in Nigeria, he can be from Ghana and be a devil worshipper for all I care. THE MAN IS CREDIBLE. HE WONT STAND BY AND DO NOTHING WHEN OTHERS AROUND HIM ARE STEALING.

The pledge to remove the immunity clause from the constitution is the beginning. If that is removed, there would be a sense of responsibilty in Governors, LG Chairmen, Councillors and the whole remit.

Individuals would be able to instigate suit actions against their leaders, at first it might be abused but after a while it would settle and the leaders will be unable to enrich themselves stupidly.

Look beyond the issues that have been used to divide us,  If you really need a change for our generation, its our time to make a change. All Buhari needs to do is break this trend of celebrating corruption and instill a bit of discipline.

Once incubents can loose elections, the intellectuals and intelligent will be encouraged to engage in the political space.

Am wishing, really wishing that GEJ looses.

The power lies with us its our choice, VOTE GEJ and we will be here in 4 years lamenting. Vote Buhari and we will be analysing what has changed, why it changed, was it the right change,

before you cast you vote, think am I doing the right thing,

Think Hard, Vote wisely, Vote BB
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by away4real(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
abopal:

If Ebele wins, then NIGERIA should be ready for the continuation of the reign of IBB, OBJ, Bode George, Tony Anenih, Ahmadu Ali, and a host of other crooked elements.

If Buhari wins, the Night of swearing-in, most of them will be on their way outside Nigeria

GBAM, spot on

Imagine a country where IBB, OBJ, Mr Fix it are on lookers or cant control the apparatus of the state,
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Abuna: 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

STFU!!! Of course I wont die. Life expectancy here is 78yrs old. How much is it where u from? Oh, yeah I forget the hospitals are fuxcked up!

Hey fucking bastard, if your mother is still alive, I hope she dies of cancer and if you have any sisters, I pray they all get raped! And despite how much I hate to say this, I would like to see you suffer a slow and agonising death!! PunK!

Why can't someone air their opinion, you hopeless son of a bitch. I am livid and raging with anger at your thoughts! Is it becauses you live in the Us or what? Is it your country?

Bleep you!!
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by JUO(m): 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ can not win in a free and fair election - dont let us deceive ourselves.
that's what u don't know. u think say na computer wan vote for am?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by away4real(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
"Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the SMC & as the head of the petroleum dept was by nature taciturn & introvert. But he took any work given to him very seriously & if he failed at whatever he did, it would not be because he did not put his best, in fact, his very best. He was as reliable as he was hard working & HONEST"
– Olusegun Obasanjo ("Not My Will", University Press Ltd., Ibadan, 1990, Pg 59

Quote form OBJ, what else can be said, even OBJ

The choice is yours, Vote GEJ and its 4 years of the same, Vote Buhari and get a change,

CREDIBILITY, HONESTY

Vote for 2 honest men, Vote BB
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
definitely HE MUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEJ/SAMBO ALL THE WAYY
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by fesse(f): 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2011
if he wins d general election then .GOODLUCK to everybody including Buhari and the likes.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Abagworo(m): 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
The chance at the moment is 50-50 for Buhari and GEJ.My fear is that PDP might rig even in the glaring face of defeat.I pray that Nigerians do not vote in vain because declaring false result in favor of any party might lead to unwarranted loss of lives and destruction of properties.

If PDP rigs when its 50-50,there won't be any crisis but when the loss is like PDP 45-CPC 55,then doctoring the results will plunge our nation into serious crisis.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2011
No Aboki or Yoruba we rule this country again they have destroy the image of this country  the have rule for some many years now and fail so you people should stop this buhari is messiah keep on deceiving yourself  enough is enough for you people  Nigerian is not only for Yoruba and Aboki so  let give south/south chance to have their own turn
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2011
I don't just see it happening.

But just a benefit of doubt, in the event that it 'happens', then

1. I resound Fela's song for una, "Sorry sorry oooo, sorry for Nai ji riya, " (complete the dots)

2. I remix Lagbaja's "Mo sori fun gbooooo gboo yin oooo, mo sori fun gbogbo yin , (fill in the gaps)

BB-est of Luck is now the answer, not Gudluck!
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by forkadict(m): 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
Abuna:

Hey bleeping naughty person, if your mother is still alive, I hope she dies of cancer and if you have any sisters, I pray they all get violated! And despite how much I hate to say this, I would like to see you suffer a slow and agonising death!! PunK!

Why can't someone air their opinion, you hopeless son of a naughty woman. I am livid and raging with anger at your thoughts! Is it becauses you live in the Us or what? Is it your country?

bleep you!!
Na person u dey swear for so? So tey you swear for  im mama, im sisters join?Wetin concern im mama and im sisters for dis matter? I gree say she fork up sha.
@ bk.babe97y
Your manners really leaves much to be desired. Whatever happened to freedom of expression?  No curse me o.
@noblezone
I admire your maturity. Please keep it up.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by kasiem(m): 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2011
The position is already his birth right from now till 2015 by virtue of providence. So, that "if" is extraneous. All ethnocentric jingoist(in the name of opposition) can ululate till christ comes or betterstill they can plunge into atlantic ocean.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by boycottam: 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by hunsu: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2011
some people's life is just be -ve the guy who pasted this thread is not serious.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Diligence: 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
I have this strong feeling - that the Sun will rise again and shine like never b4!
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
Bawss1:

If GEJ wins it will be business as usual.

Bros, it won't be business as usual.

The availability of fuel at our filling stations shows us there is a change.
The commitment to a credible INEC shows us there is a change.
The commitment to an indepependent judiaciary shows there is a change.
The turning away from brutality and arrogance (still the trade mark of the so called opposition) speaks of positive chamge.

The fact that this man does not play to the gallary does not mean he has no teeth.

For the first time in along time, the press is free, the media is free, no intimadation and harrasment.
Only the ignorant will judge Jonathan by the records of yesterdays PDP. The PDP as led by him is not the same as led by OBJ. Jonathan is a revolution, but a silent one. I've got the change I want, I don't want a change to Tyrany, Buhari is tyrical especially by training. Wont this Khaki boys rest? Apart from the Aborted 2nd Repulic (by Buhari) led by Shagari, the rest na Khaki including OJB. Buhari na Khaki, and he is not the change.

Here the man, he saw the first coup, saw the second coup, participated in the civil war, led the 1983 coup and now is seeking my vote.
Do you want change? Then embrace Jonathan.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by slimghost(m): 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
@Noblezone, may ur dayz be long brother. The only people not seeing the change are the blind. shikena
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by IDERAWOLE(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
If GEJ wins fair and square, CONGRATULATIONS will go to Him and the LARGEST party in the whole world.

But let it be fair and square.

The truth is that a lot of postings on Nairaland shows that so many people are out of touch with the reality of people's situation on ground.

Another truth is that the world has changed and most of this posters dont even know.

The old NORTH they are afraid of NO longer exist, I mean the feudal oppressors who rule over there people in their ignorance are about to be schemed out of power for the very first time.

You will be shocked that the conservative north among the elites will not even vote for BUHARI, WHY? their interest is at risk: ALL THE OIL BLOCKS AND THE REST OF IT, and these looters and thieves are not only up-north; they are everywhere, from the remotest village in SOKOTO to the high-hills of OGOJA in CROSS-RIVERS, from BADAGRY in LAGOS to the corner village of BORNU.

Eyes are more opened now. It will even suprise a lot of the so called "ENLIGHTENED" southerners that those guys up north, I'm even talking of the uneducated guys are more informed than most of us down south- A BITTER TRUTH.

For the very first time, we are about to have election in NIGERIA. Why was the HOUSE OF REPS asking for  "BEHIND-THE-CLOSED-DOOR-MEETING" with Jega? Find out.

Change is here; and not just the HEAVY LOOTERS IN POWER are afraid, but even the masses of Nigeria who have learnt the ART OF CORRUPTION.

We cant imagine the end of all those "EGUNJE" we collect in our offices and elsewhere.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Donmeca(m): 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
What "if"? and who has a better chance of winning that him? He is most likely to win. . .that's y methinks the topic shud read "what if Buhari wins?" This will give us a premise to think outside the box (for an unlikely result and a different approach to govt).
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by eros(m): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ will never win, not this election and not any other one in Nigeria. Something wonderful is about to happen, Nigerians open your eyes, ears and mind. GEJ is about to shot himself in the leg very soon and even his strongest and staunch supporters will completely desert him and vote BB.

It's just a matter of time, the clock is ticking.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Donmeca(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2011
^^^ matter of how much time?. we have 2 weeks to d elections. . .how much time do u need for d great change?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by seguno2: 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
away4real:

My choice to support Buhari is out of the desire for a change in Nigeria, he can be from Ghana and be a devil worshipper for all I care. THE MAN IS CREDIBLE. HE WONT STAND BY AND DO NOTHING WHEN OTHERS AROUND HIM ARE STEALING.

He did NOTHING when his ADC now Emir Jokolo brought in 53 suitcases when the borders were closed during change of naira currency.
He did NOTHING when his deputy Tunde Idiagbon was accompanied to Mecca by his underaged son despite a government ban on such.

Sim[ple signs that signal Buhari is a hypocrite. Just like pastors and other religious who practise do as I say but not do as I do- all animals are equal but some are more equal than others type of fake "radical"

The pledge to remove the immunity clause from the constitution is the beginning. If that is removed, there would be a sense of responsibilty in Governors, LG Chairmen, Councillors and the whole remit.

The last time I checked the president does not have the power to make laws or amend the constitution. He can sponsor a bill and CONVINCE the lawmakers in the national and state assemblies to pass it. Forget this messiah mentality and learn a few things about how you can influence things from your ward and constituency through your legislators.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by konkolok: 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
@Noblezone & Slimghost, i wish your desires will be fulfilled so that i will have the satisfaction of seeing and listening to you lamenting about GEJ while gnashing your teeth in disappointment. But the problem is I might be affected by the guy's mumulity. So I vote , hope and pray he doesn't.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by hrcounsel: 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
PDP should stop promising us, all we want is the report card of the last 12 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 / Fani Kayode Embarass Channels TV Interviewer On Live Tv / Best Campaign Jingle For 2015 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.