Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. (5579 Views)

Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Jonathan Wins In Bayelsa / Jonathan Wins Ekiti With 176,474 Votes - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Gbenge77(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2011
Thats unthinkable,unimaginable and totally incomprehensible.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Crownvilla(m): 4:36pm On Mar 23, 2011
In my humble opinion, Jonathan will win the election free and fair or crooked.

The implication is "business as usual". cry cry cry

Mark my words, Jonathan is Not the man!!!!!!!
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by jpphilips(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2011
[b]@ OP

I really do not bother much responding on nairaland because of the misconceptions Nigerian Diasporas have about Nigeria. it is one thing talking about your birth place and it is another understanding the realities on ground.
personally, i employed all sentiments in my choice of a presidential candidate unfortunately all failed me

MY RELIGION CARD

As a christian, yes i want a christian but when i look at the person of GEJ i think he falls out of the christian canopy. For a man as a Governor to steal directly (by himself) or indirectly (through his relatives) from a state which have remained in perpetual squalor is inhuman and demonic.
Before you start your argument, aside the EFCC report on his wife, can anyone please compare the account balance of GEJ as a lecturer, as a gov. then as a president,  you will be amazed that the word "STEAL" is an understatement.
furthermore, for a christian to have the unbridled temerity to bribe a man of God (SNG) is an affront to his creator and a biblical catastrophe. i guess the religion card did not fly.

MY TRIBAL CARD

GEJ is an ijaw man no doubt, i was privy to a lot of contracts awarded by his administration as a state governor ostensibly to better the life of his people unfortunately in reality, that assumption remains a mirage. I for one has visited a lot of sand filling sites, road projects etc during his administration i do not think that he has the interest of his people at heart. please do not misconstrue my assertion but in your leisure time, take a trip to bayelsa and ply those roads before you start second guessing me.
we may likely see the same prayer the SW prayed when obj assumed power and we may likely juxtapose those wishes with his score card after 8yrs. it is no longer news that most SW common Nigerians will rather gamble a CPC or an ACN but not a PDP.
I believe rational ijaws may wish to learn from it

MY REGIONAL CARD

I for one has spent an ample time in the south. I can conveniently say that the predicament of the southerners were meted to them more amongst themselves than outside, guess my regional card is questionable. take for example
Peter odili a member of PDP and a southerner as well had all it takes to bring glory to rivers state today, Amaechi is a messiah for constructing roads, schools and hospitals. only if the rivers people will have the opportunity to see how much that accrues to their govt. and juxtapose it with the deeds of their leaders.
I really don't blame them, after all, one of theirs constructed a 50mw turbine with $6bn yet trans Amadi remains in darkness till date. Hope we still rem. peter!!peter!!Peter!!! grin grin grin
what can I say about James Ibori? Alams,Timipriye Sylva and co. The regional card may stand a chance if someone like Donald duke was in GEJ's shoes. unfortunately, he is not.

As a realist, I have analyzed the problem of this country and i have come to the conclusion that we will be great without corruption and financial discipline. I laugh at people who always compare our level of corruption with the communist Chinese, i bet they are speaking from outside the shores of this country. believe me this country has decayed to rot.Nothing is working. A society where things are not done without interest where the word "MERIT" no longer exist.

I was recently consulted for a Govt project and a young man approached me and submitted a fascinating proposal which i promised to push forward . 2wks later he returned with smiles of hope on his face to inquire about the status of his brilliant idea, shaking my head, i told him the proposal didn't fly.
out of frustration,he persuaded to know why and i simply told him that the bank recommended by the Govt think it is not good enough.
though he left to try harder but i know that worse proposals have gotten express approvals and this young man's only crime was the fact that he walked through the front door.

Though i am convinced a lot of minors play around the politics section and Nigerians in Diaspora lack a panoramic picture of the situation in the country, i will also quickly add that a lot of youths in this country does not know where their problem lies.
sometimes I don't blame them considering the epileptic academic institution that produce them.

For all you PDP supporters, Nigerians are suffering, people are hungry, good talents are wasting, the nation needs a change. I want a Nigeria that works, I want a Nigeria that take the petitions of citizens seriously, I want a Nigeria with an independent judiciary, I want a Nigeria with an equal educational right, i believe a lot of other Nigerians share this same sentiment.

The bigger question is this; Is Jonathan the Man that will give it to Us judging by his antecedents and Romance with the cabal?
the answer is[color=#990000] NO

Should Jonathan win this election, Nigeria is Finished.
[/b][/color]

yes oh GEJ must win by the grace of God. Despite d fact dat many tink he has gotten to dis point jst by luck, i see the finger of God in it. A man who became the President of this great country and commander in chief without printing even one poster, a position dat many hav fought for, longed for, bribed for, and evn killed for, he got without raising a finger. His maturity and serenity evn in d midst of the turbulence n physical,verbal,emotional, n psychological battering that he recieved during the Late president(of blessed memory)'s illness, from Nigerians, The press, n those who wia sitting on power while the gentle president was lying critically ill, can be equalled to non. He didnt even breakdown, rave , rant or take laws into his hands, rather he was concerned about his senior colleague, and extraordinarily patient. Patience is a virtue that is hard to cultivate, so is long suffering. It can only be cultivated by the extreme wisdom of the wise, and GEJ has barrels full of these virtues n they are the first nided by every president
[b]
^^^
Are you in this country? i was almost swayed by your polemic rhetoric above, a critical analysis of the Yaradua saga cannot be interpreted as humility but Fear and lack of vision.

Yes, I accept, the presidency fell on his palms but give me one example of a serendipity that makes the best of it?
You cant give something free to someone and expect him to utilize it.
your analogy eludes common sense.

Look at Mbadinuju est while Gov. of Anambra state for instance, he was an Onitsha charge and bail lawyer before Sir Emeka offor picked him up, dusted him, campaigned for him and gave him Anambra for free. today it is on record that he is the worst Gov. Nigeria has ever produced. Things don't work that way, royalty is in born and when you attain it through struggle, you remain your best.

Going by your Analogy, Jonathan can be likened to a Yahoo man who write letters to Maga to pay, in the end what do they do with the money they never worked for?

Haven t you noticed the spurious spending of this administration? no visible development only promises.your first lady now takes her community to state functions abroad while at home,she sponsors political aspirants.

believe me to Jonathan, Nigeria is his Maga and so far his Maga is paying.
[/b]

the issue is, the south do not truth the north. And the south would be silly to hand over power to the north since we have seen satellite pictures. So any one still dreaming of a northern president, should forget .

The truth is many southerner believe a southerner should remain president. And I cant tell you southerner do not care if a war break out of this.

You have to understand the northerner in power have been abusive for 40 years to the south. Even if the north use the military the south would blow all the bridge linking the south and the north together.  So it is important the north must understand that in this relation. If they want the president, it would be hard for them to get back power.

Many southerner  do not share Pastor bakare believe. I am a Yoruba and I do not agree with Bakare do or die , I will save Nigeria from break up. I am for break up of Nigeria, and so are 90% of Yoruba people. So Pastor bakare view of Nigeria is not a reflection of the Yoruba people.  Pastor is on his own view and not a view of the Yoruba people.

The issue is , there are other people also running even dele momodu, pat utomi etc.    As a Yoruba , why would I want to support bakare when I can support dele momodu and others.  as long as the north refuse to agree with the satellite pictures, many southerners believe that the south should remain in power, since the south contribute 100% of the revenue.

^^^

Unless you can explain how satellite imagery can solve our unemployment crisis,U cant rationalize wasting 1016 letters.

All the same, with a corruption bag like jonathan, Elections cannot be free and fair so stop wishing. the question is; what do we do after he has stolen our mandate?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Gbenge77(m): 8:04am On Apr 04, 2011
if he wins,he might just lead Nigeria to failure.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by chakula: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
I concur with you.

Gbenge 77:

if he wins,he might just lead Nigeria to failure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram / Epic Privacy Browser (one Click Proxy To Hide Your Ip) / Rare Picture of Girls Dancing In Nnewi,anambra State pre-independence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.