Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) (91499 Views)

First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) / A Lady Ordered For A Superhero Cake And Got This (Photos) / The Cake A Lady Ordered Vs What She Got (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by Nkemimoh(f): 11:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
Person dey for 9ja dey order Italian dish.. Na 9ja dish you go get naa
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by majamajic(m): 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
grin grin grin

I once found pomo inside sharwama
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by majamajic(m): 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
deltaprincess:

The only missing ingredient was the tomato sauce. The dish in question is spaghetti minced meat qith tomatoe sauce. Personally, I believe the Naija one would taste more better.

At what price ?
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by uuzba(m): 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
Octopusssy:
This is how Spaghetti Bolognese looks like
A professional camera was used to take this shot.
The other one was taken with a nonsense wide angle, phone camera with phone flash. So that adds a substantial amount of ugliness to the image.
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by kunle75(m): 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
thesicilian:
Close enough

You asked for spaghetti Bolognese, they gave you spaghetti ogboloegusi, what else do you want?

But seriously, you people should stop this habit of expecting Nigerian professionals to copy and paste exactly what you see online for you. Why not get the recipe and prepare it yourself, then you'll see it's not easy.

Bad ass

1 Like

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by uuzba(m): 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
majamajic:
grin grin grin

I once found pomo inside sharwama
Let's just understand that MEAT is a problem for us here in Nigeria.
Rearing the animals, processing the meat, storage of the meat, distribution and sales. Hence meat is just expensive and sellers will use ponmo wherever they can to cover costs.
I mean, people here happily kill and eat snakes and other wild animals.
It is total opposite in developed nations. That's why they are usually all FAT, and struggling inside GYM to slim down.
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by cardoctor(m): 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
My dog will love this.
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by AsiwajuNdigbo: 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Octopusssy:
This is how Spaghetti Bolognese looks like

I guarantee you the Nigerian version tastes better. It may not look anything close to the Italian, which Im guessing is the originator of the cuisine, but Im telling you the Nigerian one is the best!
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by therajah: 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
doggedfighter:
Is this beans and spaghetti?

Oh it's even egusi soup that's on top of the spaghetti.

The annoying thing is that it will even be more expensive than the actual spaghetti Bolognese grin
This is spaghetti Nigerian. We are not in Italy...lol
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by SpicyMimi(f): 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
Lies...I don’t believe these Twitter folks
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by Diamondplus1805(m): 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
When the name causes trouble
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by Nchenches: 12:01am On Nov 13, 2020
Organs:

Na you find trouble. I can guarantee you that you cannot pronounce "Bolognese" right. Now, you want to order something you yourself cannot pronounce wella,,,,, doesn't that sound like beginning of dysentry of the mouth to you? Why are you trying to be Italian by force. Why didn't you jejely ask for spaghetti and tomato sauce or Spaghetti and minced meat stew? You are asking for spaghetti ballon d'or or spaghetti hors d oeuvres . You are hereby sentenced to two weeks of amala + ewedu and gbegiri to reset your brain back to Nigerian factory setting.

Why do you employ dirty words and ethnic bigotry speech patterns in all the public discourse you engage in?

That’s a mirror of your inner mind.
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by LikeAking: 12:12am On Nov 13, 2020
This country is cursed.

What will it take to prepare that spag Bologsi, or wetin.
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by trappatoni(m): 12:35am On Nov 13, 2020
doggedfighter:
Is this beans and spaghetti?

Oh it's even egusi soup that's on top of the spaghetti.

The annoying thing is that it will even be more expensive than the actual spaghetti Bolognese grin
brother e shock me oo, aswear na egusi on top dat thing grin
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by oneTIMEman(m): 12:46am On Nov 13, 2020
Remix
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by NightHawke: 12:48am On Nov 13, 2020
hmmm. Its a Nigerian restaurant according to you. Can you order Amala with ewedu in a regular Italian restaurant in Naples? Also note that presently the price of tomatoes and onions are not friendly...... grin grin
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by TheCork(m): 12:52am On Nov 13, 2020
Octopusssy:
Have you ever ordered a meal for the sake of its name, and not because you actually know what it is? Perhaps, yes, perhaps no. This Nigerian lady obviously knows what Spaghetti Bolognese is and ordered it in a Nigerian restaurant.

What they served her, however, beats the imagination...

She took to Twitter to call out the restaurant for serving her the 'Nigerian version' of Spaghetti Bolognese, an Italian dish.

https://twitter.com/Ennie__/status/1325748631803211776

...wow...she a gold digger...I dont truss her.
..is her name sweetcunt97 from nairaland?
angry
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by ArticleBeast: 1:21am On Nov 13, 2020
thesicilian:
Close enough

You asked for spaghetti Bolognese, they gave you spaghetti ogboloegusi, what else do you want?

But seriously, you people should stop this habit of expecting Nigerian professionals to copy and paste exactly what you see online for you. Why not get the recipe and prepare it yourself, then you'll see it's not easy.
That is why they are paying for the meal.

1 Like

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by ArticleBeast: 1:22am On Nov 13, 2020
PerseDew:
There is no reason to drag Nigerian restaurants. This happens everywhere. It is not a new thing to order a delicacy that is not peculiar to a locality, region or country and get something else entirely especially when it is not prepared by the locals known for the delicacy.

It would have been a thing to drag if she got that from an Italian restaurant in Nigeria.
Then they shouldn't include it in the menu till they are great with the recipe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 13, 2020
looks like dog poo

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by MrAkata: 2:05am On Nov 13, 2020
Without a picture of the original I wouldn't know any better. I would've ate it and never knew the difference grin

I don't eat Italian food anyway
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by Nobody: 2:06am On Nov 13, 2020
Kingsuave:
The sauce look like wetin cat eat vomit undecided
looks more like dog poo cheesy.e go shock u na 50k she pay for that plate of poo cheesy.ppl be eating rubbish upandan in the name of class instead of preparing decent nutritious meals at home
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by dingbang(m): 2:07am On Nov 13, 2020
grin
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 13, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

I guarantee you the Nigerian version tastes better. It may not look anything close to the Italian, which Im guessing is the originator of the cuisine, but Im telling you the Nigerian one is the best!
person put that kine food inside stomach all his bowels will be let loose cheesy cheesy.the rubbish some ppl eat outside sha cheesy
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by LOVEGINO(m): 3:57am On Nov 13, 2020
thesicilian:
Close enough

no mind d idiot.

1 Like

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by bunnae(f): 4:54am On Nov 13, 2020
thesicilian:
Close enough

But don't you think the 'professionals' have to stop rendering services they are not good at? How about telling the customer they don't serve such? Every customer expects good value for the amount they pay for a service and it is quite simple, if I own a restaurant and can't cook jollof rice, then jollof rice would never be on my menu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by VERDA: 5:18am On Nov 13, 2020
thesicilian:
Close enough

This statement is wrong, nobody expects anybody to prepare what is online...it's a restaurant for Christ sake and nobody asked them to put what they can't prepare on their menu.

2 Likes

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by jp130(m): 5:40am On Nov 13, 2020
Whatsapp me on my signature for guide on how to make TRON
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by relicng: 5:43am On Nov 13, 2020
spaghetti and egusi soup.
Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 13, 2020
thesicilian:
Close enough

Or maybe they shouldn't have offered it on the menu?

1 Like

Re: What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) by od501: 5:51am On Nov 13, 2020
Octopusssy:
Have you ever ordered a meal for the sake of its name, and not because you actually know what it is? Perhaps, yes, perhaps no. This Nigerian lady obviously knows what Spaghetti Bolognese is and ordered it in a Nigerian restaurant.

What they served her, however, beats the imagination...

She took to Twitter to call out the restaurant for serving her the 'Nigerian version' of Spaghetti Bolognese, an Italian dish.

https://twitter.com/Ennie__/status/1325748631803211776

Hanti, if u cannot cook it, go and sitdan!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record / Who Makes The Best Cakes In Lagos? / Calabar/akwa Ibom Food!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.