Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty (434 Views)

Police Officers Send-Off Former IG, Alkali Baba / Ex-IGP Tafa Balogun Is Dead / I Have Pictures Of Obasanjo Using Policemen To Snatch Ballot Boxes - Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by SAMAJ: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
Former Inspector-General of Police, Tafa Balogun, has appealed to officers and men of the Nigeria Police Force to return to their statutory duties after they were displaced from their stations during the #EndSARS protests.

This was contained in a statement from the ex-IGP on Thursday.

Balogun was quoted in the statement as saying, “I urge all members of the Nigeria Police in our country to return to their duty posts and continue to provide the much-needed security to our dear country, Nigeria; not minding the recent brutal attacks, arson, and acts of intimidation against the Police.

“The Nigeria Police remain the first line of Internal Security as guaranteed by the Nigerian Constitution. Therefore, it behoves all and sundry not to betray the spirit of the Constitution.

“I sincerely appeal and urge all my brothers and sisters in the Police Force to put the past behind us as the Federal and State Governments, as well as the police authorities, are positively and aggressively addressing the unprecedented provocative attacks on the police institution. We all love you.

“Please, once again, I appeal to all of you to return to duty without further delay.”

Rampaging hoodlums, who hijacked the #EndSARS protests against police brutality last month, had attacked cops and burned down scores of police stations in the country. The situation had dispirited police officers across the country who were targetted during the violence.
Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by caski: 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
cool
Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by SAMAJ: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
Imagine!!! Ex Prisoner talking in the Society. Only in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by sapientia(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
These are the real culprits that used SARs to commit atrocities.

One billion naira.. If you know, you know

2 Likes

Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by Racoon(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
Whao! So the infamous Tafa Balogun is still in this nation
What example did he set as the IGP then? Only corruption
"A good name is better than corrupt riches."

1 Like

Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by Mayng01(m): 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Thief is talking
Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by SmartPolician: 6:31am On Nov 13, 2020
Racoon:
Whao! So the infamous Tafa Balogun is still in this nation
What example did he set as the IGP then? Only corruption
"A good name is better than corrupt riches."

Ogbeni, calm down

I don't know if you are aware, but Tafa Balogun was a super cop until the politicians corrupted him

In his time as IGP, the police stopped collecting roadside bribes because he set up a patrol team that arrested and put the bag eggs behind bars.

I never knew that a day would come in Nigeria when the police would turn down roadside bribes for the fear that they could be arrested.

However, Mr. Balogun destroyed the commendable legacy by accepting bribes, which would see Nuhu Ribadu prosecute him.

The rank and file started collecting roadside bribes again when Sunday Ehindero emerged the new IGP.

1 Like

Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by zeusdgrt(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2020
K
Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by bioemmy: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2020
Na him and others before him sow, breed and planted corruption into the modern day Nigerian policemen.

Now he wants his voice heard and respected.
Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by obami007(m): 7:07am On Nov 13, 2020
Police are keeping malice with the people they are supposed to protect

Loolz
Re: Former IG Tafa Balogun Urged Policemen To Return To Duty by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 13, 2020
Atleast these days, one can comfortably go about with an empty wallet.. no tolls, no police.

(1) (Reply)

Minister Isa Pantami Demonstrates Fitness Exercises In Kaftan (Photos) / Gov Umahi’s Defection Excites Keyamo, Says ‘PDP Deceived South East For 16yrs / For Those Of You That Still Think Nigeria Doesnt Produce Bullets....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.