Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity (3419 Views)

LP: Lamidi Apapa Appeals Judgement affirming Abure as National Chairman / Protest Erupts In Lafia Over Supreme Court Verdict Affirming Apc's Sule / Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Bonesking(m): 12:37am On Nov 13, 2020
YungMillionaire:

Calm down. I am not Bini. Think about my point. Use logic. The Ontisha-Bini connection is a fact. If you don't know, go and ask your elders.
Yes, the Onitsha-Benin logic is a fact. This is why all lovers of history must support the reclamation of Onitsha land to the great Benin Kingdom. Onitsha migrated from Benin! Eze Chima is a fraudulent name given to our Benin Prince by the Igbo people during the old eastern region. His real name was Ize Ikimen not the fake Igbo name Eze Chima. All nairalnders take note.

Meanwhile, celebration is ongoing in the Oba’s palace Great Benin. Osalogbua must be praised!

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Bonesking(m): 12:46am On Nov 13, 2020
Ykc2:
I will reply when Benin people understands what duncan mighty is singing or Benin person know the meaning of amechi then I can talk cheesy
Shut up your mouth you Igbo unity beggar. Duncan Wene Okechukwu is not his real name. His real name is Duncan Osawene Osawekwu. The Igbos changed his true Benin name during the old eastern region.

For Ameachi his name is Amaegbovo. Take note.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 13, 2020
jerseyboy:
Their importance is in the fact that many Biafrans are obsessed about the Atlantic Ocean and only Ikweres provide them that path.
Abia is far closer to the ocean than ikwerre ...maybe u need to study your map

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

Abia is far closer to the ocean than ikwerre ...maybe u need to study your map

Nnamdi Kanu has his sights set on Port Harcourt. There is no getting to Port Harcourt except through Ikwere.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Naajjii: 3:44am On Nov 13, 2020
edochie12:
So ikwere people that are not up to 1 million in population is measuring dick with Igbo of about 40 to 50 million people,see eh,I am in anambra state,Onitsha precisely,we don't even know whether you people exist or not.
Then why are your brothers going there to disturb them if you dont know that they exist? The fact that You igbo share border with those people and over the years there was a cultural overlap does not make those Ikwere people Igbo. They are telling you their Origin and no where in their history that their origin was traced to Igbo. How comes when you people live and share border with other tribes you people will create a history that trace those tribes origin to Igbo? for example in Kogi because you share order with Igala people you people created a history that Igala came from IGBO from one Eri or Nri whatever but in Igala history their Origin is very clear they came from APA taraba state together with Idomas, the only mention of igbo in their history is that they used Igbos for Slavery. Why is that? Because of how you people behave i have done a thorough research on you people i know you people very well stop creating history for others , go to them and know their origin not the one you created. I cant wait for you people to achieve your Biafra. We the next generation of northern Nigeria leaders will quickly give you your Biafra so that you go and behavior this way with yourselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by HAccord: 3:53am On Nov 13, 2020
For public information, Ikwerre are not Igbo, they are the descendants of Iwhuruosa a Bini slave who escaped his captors via the tributaries of River Niger and landed in ancient Igboland. They later would modify the name to 'Iwhuruoha' as the Igbos they met would pronounce the name of their progenitor. Later they came to be known as Ikwerre and I will tell you how.

In Igbo the word Ikwerre means 'I agree/accept', the Igbo gave them that name because when they were looking for land to settle after escaping from Bini, anywhere the Igbo gave them to settle, they thank their Igbo hosts by saying 'I kwerre', a corruption of the phrase the phrase 'Ayi kwerre' which means 'We agree/accept' in Igbo.

That's the true hidden story of how Ndi Ikwerre came to be where they are today. Go and ask any honest old man around Imo/river axis. I'm from that area myself, they'll tell you- Ndi Ikwerre abughi Ndigbo, ha biara-abia. They are not Igbos, they are escapee slaves from ancient Bini kingdom.

They are just not keen in making their Bini heritage public because it undermines them as descendants of Bini slaves but prefer to align with Igbo identity only when it suits them because of the majority status that Ndigbo enjoy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by LikeAking: 4:11am On Nov 13, 2020
People just dey reject Igbo any how.

Imagine them dump Igbo for Bini.

Funny.

But, how come the ikwerre people aint speaking bini,etc?

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 13, 2020
jerseyboy:

Nnamdi Kanu has his sights set on Port Harcourt. There is no getting to Port Harcourt except through Ikwere.
No body needs Port Harcourt ...Igbos don't conquer anyone
There are far more Igbos in Rivers State than ikwerre I grew up in ph so I know

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by KosiGee(m): 5:37am On Nov 13, 2020
Numismatic:

Oga na you dey talk about about igbos being from Isreal. Stop being sarcastic. How come no ikweres bears Bini names? Please all you wrote doesn't prove shit.. Akalaka means destiny in ibo. Ikwere means do you agree in ibo, please what does it mean in Bini?

Oga, why don’t you leave Ikwerre people alone. You are one of those escalating this issue. It’s really embarrassing for the Igbos. Nnamdi Kanu was trying to debate this week’s ago...pls leave ikwerre people alone.

The idea of claiming or coercing people into your ethnicity is very wrong. You guys are the ones making mockery of Igbos.

Ikwerres are not the only group distancing themselves, Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh denied Igbos during his TEDx presentation, JJ Okocha affirmed that he is Igbo. I had a room mate whose middle and last names were Igbos. He was from Delta state, he told he wasn’t Igbo. We should stop bothering about this.

I can never trust Rotimi Amaechi or any Ikwerre man who claims to be Igbo. It’s all politics. They’d deny you once they’ve finished riding on your back to achieve their objectives. Open your eyes.
Despite similarities in languages, names, dressing and other aspects of culture, if someone denies any link with you....do one thing, you don’t beg or force relationship.

Let this argument end. Ikwerres are not Igbos. South East Igbos should stop giving relevance to these people. They make the average Igbo man who don’t know about them look like a fool. Let this stop. Stop coercing or even attempting to convince them.
Mister know it all Nnamdi Kanu should mind his business.

Since Wike came out to deny being an Igbo man, has Amaechi or any Ikwerre man come out to clear the air or affirm their Igbo identity?? What does that tell you?

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by dukeprince50: 5:43am On Nov 13, 2020
edochie12:
So ikwere people that are not up to 1 million in population is measuring dick with Igbo of about 40 to 50 million people,see eh,I am in anambra state,Onitsha precisely, we don't even know whether you people exist or not.
so how u come use know say deh are not up to 1million?
I don't think they are measuring dick.s o, they just said they are not Igbos, u Ipob guys are shameless, u bring all manner of insults on Igbo.

@ ikwerrepikin , u guys better forget all these and join the Igbos.
They(Ipob) won't give up and their nuisance don reach international consciousness.
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by dukeprince50: 5:45am On Nov 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

No body needs Port Harcourt ...Igbos don't conquer anyone
There are far more Igbos in Rivers State than ikwerre I grew up in ph so I know
calm down, before u start shouting Rivers is a no mans land, There is no Igbo in Ikwerre's except migrating refugees who are running from bad environmental odour from Aba or from erosion
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Ugwuoha: 5:56am On Nov 13, 2020
Bonesking:
Yes, Onitsha people will soon reconnect to their Benin heritage. The Obi of Onitsha will drop his Obi Agbogidi title to Enogie Agbonghidi of Onitshakimen.

Celebrations currently ongoing in the Oba palace of great Benin! All Benin sons with fake monikers must henceforth quit being cowards. We shall now use our real monikers in nairaland to declare the brotherhood of Great Benin with Onitsha and other Bini lands stolen by the Igbos.

You are very funny.
Interesting sarcasm you have got here.
I am quaking with laughter.
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by SmartPolician: 6:13am On Nov 13, 2020
Numismatic:
What's the meaning of Akalaka in Benin language? How come no ikweres bears Bini names? Delusional people.

Have you people no shame?

See what you people have reduced yourselves to?

Ikwerre people keep saying that they are not Igbos and you keep imposing your tribe on them

Ifere eme!

Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by femi4: 6:18am On Nov 13, 2020
Igbo n famzy.....how can you lay claim to river people

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Ykc2(m): 6:20am On Nov 13, 2020
Bonesking:
Shut up your mouth you Igbo unity beggar. Duncan Wene Okechukwu is not his real name. His real name is Duncan Osawene Osawekwu. The Igbos changed his true Benin name during the old eastern region.

For Ameachi his name is Amaegbovo. Take note.
amechi is monday osunbor,wike is Lawrence Anini,Duncan mighty is iyamu ,are you happy now? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by wingmanIII: 6:58am On Nov 13, 2020
jerseyboy:

Okirikas control the real Port-Harcourt. Ikwerres only own the sub urban areas of PHC.
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 13, 2020
dukeprince50:
calm down, before u start shouting Rivers is a no mans land, There is no Igbo in Ikwerre's except migrating refugees who are running from bad environmental odour from Aba or from erosion
Oga there are over far more indigenous Igbos in Rivers State even if I take out ikwerre and ikpeye ...etche ( home of amadioha shrine ) ,omuma , oyigbo , ndoni and egebema ...this are all Igbos and have never denied their igboness

Oyigbo is closer to see than ikwerre yet even azumini in abia is closer to the ocean than oyigbo even
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by wingmanIII: 7:02am On Nov 13, 2020
Great news!
Ikwerres are a unique people. Good for them
Please end this nonsensical debate. Ikwerres are of no use or importance to Igbos. Let them be! They can even originate from Ife, does not change anything.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Numismatic(m): 7:05am On Nov 13, 2020
KosiGee:

Oga, why don’t you leave Ikwerre people alone. You are one of those escalating this issue. It’s really embarrassing for the Igbos. Nnamdi Kanu was trying to debate this week’s ago...pls leave ikwerre people alone.

The idea of claiming or coercing people into your ethnicity is very wrong. You guys are the ones making mockery of Igbos.

Ikwerres are not the only group distancing themselves, Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh denied Igbos during his TEDx presentation, JJ Okocha affirmed that he is Igbo. I had a room mate whose middle and last names were Igbos. He was from Delta state, he told he wasn’t Igbo. We should stop bothering about this.

I can never trust Rotimi Amaechi or any Ikwerre man who claims to be Igbo. It’s all politics. They’d deny you once they’ve finished riding on your back to achieve their objectives. Open your eyes.
Despite similarities in languages, names, dressing and other aspects of culture, if someone denies any link with you....do one thing, you don’t beg or force relationship.

Let this argument end. Ikwerres are not Igbos. South East Igbos should stop giving relevance to these people. They make the average Igbo man who don’t know about them look like a fool. Let this stop. Stop coercing or even attempting to convince them.
Mister know it all Nnamdi Kanu should mind his business.

Since Amaechi came out to deny being an Igbo man, has any Amaechi or any Ikwerre man come out to clear the air or affirm their Igbo identity?? What does that tell you?

Oga I'm not trying to convince or coerce anyone, I'm only trying to let prove them wrong if for nothing, for Academic discuss. If the Op can answer all my questions, then I'm good.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Csami(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2020
Ikwerre is not igbo! Ikwerre will never be igbo.
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Benesis: 8:46am On Nov 13, 2020
Numismatic:

Are you sure about that? Their is a river that empties into the Altlantic ocean in Abia State if Ocean be the problem. You guys rate yourselves too highly

Woaww, which River is that?
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Nwaotu10(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2020
edochie12:
So ikwere people that are not up to 1 million in population is measuring dick with Igbo of about 40 to 50 million people,see eh,I am in anambra state,Onitsha precisely,we don't even know whether you people exist or not.

Ah swear brother.

I heard about ikweri for the first time in nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Coneheadyutes(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2020
Be careful of lying to your children about your origin, it will do more harm than good. You can choose to have a seperate identity, but I would advise you not to tell this unverified story to your children, it will affect your children negatively. Try and trace your root, only then would you realize that your life was a lie. You need to accept your past in order to progress into the future.
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by tamdun: 9:09am On Nov 13, 2020
edochie12:
Then leave them be
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Coneheadyutes(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2020
YungMillionaire:
[s]The truth is some Igbos (like the original people of Onitsha e.g. Azikwe) are descendants of Bini.

This is where the confusion is. The Igbos and Bini are not ready to acknowledge their connection.[/s]

Oga, we are not from any crappy bini empire.

We trace our roots to EZE CHIMA does that name sound bini to you?

Eze chima was a bini prince from arochukwu that was forced to flee because he was not of bini origin.

https://www.nairaland.com/4485265/eze-chima-aro-native-doctor

No real onitshan is bini. Azikiwe never said he was bini!

Please, do not come and start spreading any false unverifiable rumour about any onitsha-bini link. This thread is about ikwerre-bini link.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Veqtor: 9:47am On Nov 13, 2020
Numismatic:

Oga na you dey talk about about igbos being from Isreal. Stop being sarcastic. How come no ikweres bears Bini names? Please all you wrote doesn't prove shit.. Akalaka means destiny in ibo. Ikwere means do you agree in ibo, please what does it mean in Bini?

Y are you pple making ds bornfoolz feel important?

Let dem b na.... Dey say dey are not igbos...leave dem na.

Wat economic or social value are they adding to the Igbo tribe?

Abeg...
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by ScotMisile: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2020
Hiiiiii, ikwere is not igbo is simple enough to pass on your message.....
I wish every Igbo man was like me.....
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Odingo1: 10:25am On Nov 13, 2020
Ikwere will remain Igbos whether they like it or not unless they stop speaking Igbo and bearing Igbo names.

When they stop speaking Igbo then people will take them serious, for now they are bunch of delusional jokers.
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by obyrich(m): 10:40am On Nov 13, 2020
Please how has Ikwerre been of help to the Igbos?
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2020
This ikwerre_igbo matter tie wrapper o.
See famzing and lamentations everywhere.
Tufia!!
Re: Ikwerre People Thank Wike For Affirming Ikwerre Unique Ethnicity by splendour7(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2020
This Rubbish Topic Again? Enough Of All This Stupid Thread Nah! Wetin Self? Ikweres Are Not Igbos And Can Never Be Igbos! That They Do Speak Igbo Doesn't Make Them Igbos....Ohaneze Ndi Igbo If At All They Represent The Interest Of The Good People Of Ndi Igbo Should As A Matter Of Urgency Expell Any Ikwere Bini In Their Midst! We Cant Afford To Have Intruders Impersonating Ndi Igbo To The Ones Representing Our Interest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra State From Satellite Picture / Time Magazine Person Of The Year (1993) - Uberfacts / Is Nigeria Really This Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.