Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) (64689 Views)

Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / The All-new Mercedes-benz GLE Is Now In Nigeria (PHOTOS) / Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by kilonshele101(m): 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
Tokkson:

You'd buy much more fuel than you'd ordinarily have bought prior as you'd need to turn on the Gen much more than you'd ordinarily have.

Everything would still balance themselves out in the end.

Nigeria has no business with electric cars for now. Enough of the eye service.

We're still tackling the very basic issues.

Crawl before you leap.

you actually might not buy that much fuel. the electric car produced in China don't even take up to 2 hours to be fully charged and can last 20 hours, I don't think the one assembled in Nigeria will be different.

are you saying that you're good to buy more fuel if you buy 10 new phones for you to be charging them at once.

if you're using your generator for 8 hours per day before , you can charge your eclectic car 3 times. with buying more fuel. can you even use your electric car for 60 hours within 24 hours. so you might not buy more fuel to keep your cool.

even if you're going to buy more fuel, it won't be as much as buying for both. that alone can Lead to decrease in demand for petrol.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Okoroawusa: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
A motor company wants to unveil an electric car in Lagos and invited the governor of Lagos to do the unveiling yet some people are talking as if it was Sanwo-Olu that has the company or that imported the car...

Just go to the first page and see.

Hatred is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by MarthaGlobal: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
It's so absord for poor people to think that everybody in Nigeria lives in same level sha.. So, Mr. Man or woman, you never believe that people that will drive electric cars are not people that complain about light? If you are too confused, wait, let me bust one of your balls.. Oh sorry, I meant bubles... This car has charging terminals. So, don't give your self High BP. Ok? Calm Down.
Sundrus:
country wey no get light wan use electric cars. Yeye people with misplaced priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by ada9ja(f): 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
some will disapprove or criticize this.....anything close to advance countries are not welcome with open arms in Nigeria but you will hear them saying Nigeria is cursed....if we dont start, we will not get there...same as the trains we bought....we may not have steady power but i can tell you that millions will still buy it before 2023. Things go better and am happy for this? slow and steady, we shall get there.....i love new things and development

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by kaniska: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
There is certainly a great deal to know about this subject.
I like all the points you made.
follow.com smiley
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Kunleforreal(m): 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
I am enjoying you people comments grin

Please, check my signature for your perfectly working used laptops.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Passionatebabe: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
FutureDecisions:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1327237733761298433?s=20

Na NEPA light we go use charge am abi na generator?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Houseofglam7(f): 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
GEEBITE:
YDGAF as usual. But electric cars are cool and not to drive .

grin
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by mechanics(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
Charging of the vehicle will take longer hours o, especially when one is on a long journey.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by kettykin: 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
1 small step for a man and 1 giant backward leap for a state that is hosting the largest refinery in Africa
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Fhemmmy: 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
SeriouslySense:
it has to be confirmed sha, that they have thought about it

I will be surprised if they have NOT because they are NOT as dumb as our leaders that never think ahead of a project and why will Hyundai wanna plan a project to fail . . .Except their leaders in Nigeria market are just sample of our leaders

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by saintruky(m): 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
dawnomike:
We will still have to charge with generator that uses petrol so no need grin

U go use power bank na grin grin
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Richie77: 11:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
Time for diversification is now.......
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Decryptor(m): 12:33am On Nov 14, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Is it full electric or hybrid?

Full electric
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 14, 2020
This is a nice one by the Lagos State governor, but I'd suggest instead of electric cars let them start with BRT buses, put the charging stations at each BRT busstop, so while it waits to fill with passangers it also gets charged and let the charging stations be 50% powered by solar and wind energy. I also implore other South West states to get on to this initiative. Petrol price today is saying #170/per liter so this is a welcome development, The future is solar, crude oyel is a dying dinosaur, let's plan for the future.

God bless the Yoruba land, God bless our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Luizkid(m): 7:14am On Nov 14, 2020
Trust Aba boys to start manufacturing power banks grin
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Skmoda360(m): 7:23am On Nov 14, 2020
FutureDecisions:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1327237733761298433?s=20
Which one is first ? I know of a woman who wanna sell one in Akure at the rate of 5million naira....and the motor don dey with her since last year......eti ya weyrey eyin won won yin... grin
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Lionelbhass(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2020
[quote author=AmeLonRo post=96010361] Don't WORRY[/quote Let me worry oh, because people go rent towing van wella smiley
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by cardoctor(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2020
Remember to buy 12kva Mikano generator and put in the boot if not Nepa will remind you that this is naija
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by NnadyAutos: 9:07am On Nov 14, 2020
Good development.9hrs,good for a day run business, then recharge at home for next day move,but maintenance culture is next development.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Bahamas95(m): 9:10am On Nov 14, 2020
Foolish so-called leaders everywhere.

Fix the electricity problem first....... Nonsense!

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Meteng: 9:41am On Nov 14, 2020
dawnomike:
We will still have to charge with generator that uses petrol so no need grin
You get plenty sense, my brother
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Wish i could quote all the people on first page: can solar panels not charge the car?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by saint4larin(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2020
Where Lagos traffic dey, the battery will not last
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by EDYDO(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2020
Well I hope it last kiss
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 14, 2020
This is simply putting the cart before the horse... Power failure is very common and you are unveiling electric car.... @#$#_&$#_$#€¢€¥¥!!!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Chirowman(m): 11:35am On Nov 14, 2020
Na when this car disappoint for road ,e go clear for your eyes na to dump am find way no roadside mechanic fit do magic. Electric car for Naija wey get light oya waiting to see ooo
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Chirowman(m): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2020
Las Las na to use Generator charge am and carry generator for car booth in case
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by UCHIHAmask: 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Sundrus:
country wey no get light wan use electric cars. Yeye people with misplaced priorities.
I spit on Nigeria!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by DeAlphaMale(m): 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
Not the first in Nigeria sha... I know a man in owerri that has been driving an electric car for 3mnths now
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Josywhyte: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
I don see where i go dey charge phone. This motor no go work for this naija o because of bad road and unsteady power supply.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by berty4real(m): 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
This is not the first. Senator Ben Moray Bruse had one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now / Dangers Of Buying Vehicles From Cotonou / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.