Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Nnpc Or Ptdf - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nnpc Or Ptdf (7714 Views)

PTDF Oil And Gas Field Training Programme (OGFTP) 2015 / Ptdf Overseas M. Sc. Scholarship Test Format / Ptdf Scholarship For Msc And Phd Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnpc Or Ptdf by PeeDaVinci: 9:31am On Mar 17, 2011
a friend of mine, who is a fresh graduate and jobless, is in a dilemma!!! he got invited for nnpc test and ptdf test and both are to take place on the same date.
he is now confused on which one to go for
i advised him to go for the one where his chances are brighter, but
1) he does not know anybody in both organisations
2) chance of being selected in ptdf is 200 selected/6000 applicants, however, he does not have the same info for nnpc

so, can you advise, please,
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by emyworld: 9:45am On Mar 17, 2011
I will advise him to sit down and analyse the times for each exam, if they are at different locations, say abuja for example, then he should fly and meet up with the other one. By the way, is his name joshua?
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by chinene1(f): 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2011
I think ur friend should forget nnpc. First was his course stated in d advert? Next the people dat applied are recieving invitation whether they qualify or not. I read zoology and was invited twice even though my course was not stated. Am not honouring the invitation. But again he may be lucky. As for the population, nnpc's exceeds ptdf.
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by bloodred(f): 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
well i did nnpc test & interview in dec. 2008. They have now officially cancelled it. What excuse did they give? None!!! As an organisation, they are not serious at all and are highly corrupt. As for PTDF, i know alot of friends who have made it on merit. So if faced with the choice now, i will take ptdf. I have however committed my life & decisions to almighty God. Mayb thats y they didnt invite me for NNPC even though i met all d requirements. I will do d ptdf and hope for God's mercies. Tell ur friend to commit it to God.
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by llade(m): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
bloodred:

well i did nnpc test & interview in dec. 2008. They have now officially cancelled it. What excuse did they give? None!!! As an organisation, they are not serious at all and are highly corrupt. As for PTDF, i know alot of friends who have made it on merit. So if faced with the choice now, i will take ptdf. I have however committed my life & decisions to almighty God. Mayb thats y they didnt invite me for NNPC even though i met all d requirements. I will do d ptdf and hope for God's mercies. Tell your friend to commit it to God.
Pls dont come here and mislead people as there was no nnpc test in 2008. As for the poster just pray about it cos u might risk losing both ways. Let me share wit u ma personal experience, in 2007 I got invitations to write NNPC and DPR tests in one day DPR - PH, NNPC - Benin, God led me to write the NNPC test and today to God be the glory am a proud NNPC staff. So, its better u pray and find out what God really wants for u.

2 Likes

Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by ebeano1: 12:42am On Mar 19, 2011
bloodred:

well i did nnpc test & interview in dec. 2008. They have now officially cancelled it. What excuse did they give? None!!! As an organisation, they are not serious at all and are highly corrupt. As for PTDF, i know alot of friends who have made it on merit. So if faced with the choice now, i will take ptdf. I have however committed my life & decisions to almighty God. Mayb thats y they didnt invite me for NNPC even though i met all d requirements. I will do d ptdf and hope for God's mercies. Tell your friend to commit it to God.

Hmmm. Sound like words of frustration. Applying to work for a corrupt organisation for at least twice in three years. I smell rat.

@topic. Decisions like these are better handled through prayer. Good luck
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Plutarch: 10:14am On Mar 19, 2011
This is a difficult one. None is sure anyway. However,if d guy is very sure of himself,he should go 4 ptdf. U can get d sholarship on merit;u must just be among d highest scoring six in ur state.

Note: Ptdf v reduced d number of pple they send to uk to around 2 per state starting from this year as they r encouraging doing MSc in Naija.
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by sylk: 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2011
Lets say, You've been offered the two to go for one. Which one will you go for? undecided
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by bloodred(f): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2011
llade:

Pls dont come here and mislead people as there was no nnpc test in 2008. As for the poster just pray about it cos u might risk losing both ways. Let me share wit u ma personal experience, in 2007 I got invitations to write NNPC and DPR tests in one day DPR - PH, NNPC - Benin, God led me to write the NNPC test and today to God be the glory am a proud NNPC staff. So, its better u pray and find out what God really wants for u.

maybe u were not a staff of nnpc then or maybe u guys are now denying it. But i know what i know. and the young man asked for advice which he isnt forced to go either way. And that was why i asked him to commit his decisions to God.
Just google nnpc recruitment 2008 and u will see the advert that came out in may 2008. the test was oct 2008 and the interviews in dec 2008.
Search nnpc recruitment 2008 in this nairaland and u will see all the threads we have been using to keep up to date. Infact untill this current advert came out in 2010, alot of ppl were still hopeful that it will be revisited.

here's a copy of d mail i received after d test, i have deleted my name and email for obvious reasons,

2008 NNPC Recruitment <2008recruitment@nnpcgroup.com> Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:36 AM
To:
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
HR/MPR/GT33483
25th November 2008

Sir/Madam,
INVITATION TO ATTEND INTERVIEW
As a result of your success in the Aptitude Test conducted nation-wide on Saturday 25th October 2008, you are invited to attend an oral Interview.

Date: Friday 19 December 2008
Venue: Amphi Theatre, NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District, Abuja.
Time: 8.00am prompt.
Requirements: Come along with the underlisted items
ľ Original and 10 photocopies of your
Certificates and credentials
ľ Original and 10 photocopies of NYSC Discharge Certificate
ľ Original and 10 photocopies of Birth Certificate/Age Declaration
ƒæ National ID card or Driver¡¦s Licence or
International passport or any other means of identification

Please endeavour to be punctual as lateness may lead to your being barred from taking the interview. You are required to bring this letter along with you to the venue, as it will be used for the accreditation process.

Yours faithfully,
for: NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION

DR. A. FAGBURE, FCIPM
for: Group General Manager, HR

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

and here was d test invitation,

2008 NNPC Recruitment <2008recruitment@nnpcgroup.com> Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:01 PM
To: "
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
HR/MP/Federal Government College, Independence Layout, Enugu/GT33483

13th October, 2008

Sir/Madam,

INVITATION TO UNDERGO APTITUDE TEST

Consequent upon your application in response to our vacancy advertisement in several national daily newspapers on 19th May, 2008, you are invited to undergo an Aptitude Test as follows:

Date: Saturday, 25th October, 2008

Venue: Federal Government College, Independence Layout, Enugu

Time: 12.00 noon prompt.

Requirements: Come along with the underlisted items
- 2 Biros (black/blue)
- 2 2B pencils
- 1 Eraser
- National ID card or Driver’s License or International Passport

Please endeavour to be punctual as lateness may lead to your being barred from taking the test. Please bring this letter along with you to the venue as it will be used for the accreditation process.

DR. A. FAGBURE FCIPM
for: GGM, HR

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

My people if i offended anybody by my advice, sorry. If i sounded frustrated, mayb thats because i am frustrated, lol. That was one of the best interviews i have ever had and i was quite hopeful. But will i willingly mislead someone because of that, never! God is my witness. Wishing u all d best in ur endeavours,
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by onmakpo: 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2011
My broda you can do both.Find out the time schedule, thereafter you can take a flight.Get a friend to assist you in doing registration for Ptdf (especially) and if he cant he can keep you updated on events there. NNPC is a good place.Their 2006 recruitment was on merit so also is ptdf. I am a living witness of both.I believe the registration for ptdf may be done on proxy b4 u fly in.even though u later miss it ( in the event you do) you will know that you have put in your best.
All I will say is good luck to you.Keep on keeping up.
ciao
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by bloodred(f): 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2011
llade:

I am sorry if i offended anybody by my post. The guy asked a question and wanted opinions. Eventually, he is going to make d decisions himself, unless it works out that he can do both.

As for the person saying nnpc didnt do recruitment in 2008. Pls confirm ur facts again. Just google "nnpc recruitment 2008". u can even search nairaland or naijahotjobs to see the numerous forums/ threads that were created back then & since then to follow up. Infact, till this recent advert came out in december, i know some of us that were still hopeful that they would revisit that exercise.
Why i described them as corrupt was because its the first and only time i have been approached immediately after an interview by a member of staff asking if i had an insider, and when i said no, offering me his fone number to call and discuss money b4 i could get the job. Right there inside NNPC towers while we were waiting for transport reimborsement.

@ebeano 1, mayb i sound frustrated because i am frustrated , lol. who wouldnt be? U get a 2.1 in engineering and work as a marketer in the bank.
And that interview was one of the best i ever had, so i was more than hopeful,

Mr Poster, i wish u God's guidance as u make ur decision.

@all, success in all ur pursuits.

God bless us all, amen!
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by boomii(f): 10:58pm On Mar 21, 2011
@OP,I think your friend has a higher chance with PTDF.

bloodred:

Please if I may ask,how was the test question set? cos most people are saying it more of advanced physics,just want to have an idea cos I have bin invited for the test. Thanks.
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by eeguru: 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
My dear bloodred,
Am exactly in your shoe, I wrote the nnpc test on 25th october 2008, got invitation for interview done on 17th dec 2008. Till date no information about it has been heard instead there is new advert for gt recruitment 2010, even though i applied and met all the requirements, i wasn't invited for the test. Only God knows the reason. Am very confident that i would have made the list after interview. My advice to the one that has ptdf and nnpc to write same day is for him to put it in prayer and ask God for direction. I equally have ptdf to write this saturday and i thank God for everything. There is no doubt, there is a greater chance of getting ptdf than nnpc since ptdf wants to sponsor more scholars both locally and internationally than before. I have totally lost confidence in the nnpc recruitment. How credible will it be when some first classs and 2.1 in Engineering courses were not invited! What about someone that applied for experience hire with no certification, no job experience for the past six years yet she was invited because the husband is working in nnpc. Am not discouraging anyone but that is the truth of the matter. All i believe is trusting in God (Jehovah) with ones heart, even in the most corrupt place, if God says you will work they nothing stops you from working in that area no matter how corrupt it is.
Please for those writing nnpc exam, this is the test format for 2008 recruitment: 1. Box folding 2. Advance physics - Entropy, enthalpy, thermodynamics etc 3. Analogue 4. Quantitative reasoning test 5. number series 6.current affairs like Nigeria is to Abuja as Zambia is to ______
These were the few ones i could remember.
Wishing all invitees success and God's blessing. Most importantly trust in God for direction.
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by bloodred(f): 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
boomii:

@OP,I think your friend has a higher chance with PTDF.

Please if I may ask,how was the test question set? cos most people are saying it more of advanced physics,just want to have an idea cos I have bin invited for the test. Thanks.

@boomii, the last poster has summarised it. Thats exactly how i remembered it. If ur o'level is good, u should be able to scale it. One thing to note though, someone mentioned Phillips consulting is cordinating the test this yr, i cant remember if they were the ones that did it that yr, so confirm and find out what their tests are like. I wish u all the best.

@eeguru, thanks for vindicating me oh! They were beginning to make me out as a frustrated liar. All d best in ur ptdf test. The good Lord will see us thru, amen!
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by olumyde5(m): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
Ok House I think am in the one i the big picture now I received a mail last week from NNPC about the aptitude test that is to hold on saturday in ikeja, lagos by 1.30pm and the ptdf scholarship(just got the msg now) in abuja on the same day by 1.00pm, infact dunno wat to do now
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
Hi house. I got invited in the gt level. There's been talk about there been physics questions in the test. What wil folks like us who are pure art students do?
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by bloodred(f): 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
Ishilove:

Hi house. I got invited in the gt level. There's been talk about there been physics questions in the test. What wil folks like us who are pure art students do?

I am not 100% sure, but i seem to recall that the accreditation took so long because they were sorting us either according to our fields or job function we applied for. Because a colleague of mine who studied geology wrote in another part of the school we wrote. I also seem to recall that their tests were a bit different from ours based on discussions afterward. I wish more ppl would respond to clarify this for u guys.
Anyways good luck.
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by dantti2006(m): 12:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
Is PTDF recriuting, am interested in working there but I have been asked to verify if they recruit
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 07, 2015
Ishilove:
How did it go? grin grin grin
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Ishilove: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2015
iAmCharis:
How did it go? grin grin grin
Hahahahahahahahaha!! That was four years ago.

I and a zillion other graduates had to spend close to four hours under the burning sun, in queue that stretched from Amuwo-odofin to Mali.

The sun was so hot that the envelope I used to cover my head was hot. My clothes were hot. My earrings were hot. My sandals cut but as jungle don mature, I dragged the tin like that enter hall (on top NNPC work grin)

We were treated like shit by those officials, but God pass them. When I finally entered the hall, I first of all dozed on my desk for an hour before I could get myself.

When questions came nko? Mscheeeeeew.

The tin was like ancient Geometry. I zoomed through the English questions in seconds, did guess work with the Further Mathematics. How can you give such conk Maths questions to Art students?? angry

When I finished their nonsense test, I dusted my nyash, tucked my tattered envelope housing my precious credentials under one armpit and limped out of the hall (my bata had completely disintegrated by then).

The rest is history grin grin
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2015
Ishilove:

Hahahahahahahahaha!! That was four years ago.

I and a zillion other graduates had to spend close to four hours under the burning sun, in queue that stretched from Amuwo-odofin to Mali.

The sun was so hot that the envelope I used to cover my head was hot. My clothes were hot. My earrings were hot. My sandals cut but as jungle don mature, I dragged the tin like that enter hall (on top NNPC work grin)

We were treated like shit by those officials, but God pass them. When I finally entered the hall, I first of all dozed on my desk for an hour before I could get myself.

When questions came nko? Mscheeeeeew.

The tin was like ancient Geometry. I zoomed through the English questions in seconds, did guess work with the Further Mathematics. How can you give such conk Maths questions to Art students?? angry

When I finished their nonsense test, I dusted my nyash, tucked my tattered envelope housing my precious credentials under one armpit and limped out of the hall (my bata had completely disintegrated by then).

The rest is history grin grin
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha see as laugh wan kee me grin grin grin

Lmao @ancient geometry grin You walked home barefooted? Sorry o lol. Anything for oyel work sha. grin
And where did you guys do the test wey sun beat una like that? Sokoto? grin
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2015
Wait o. Where all these people from come wey dey view? grin grin
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Ishilove: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2015
iAmCharis:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha see as laugh wan kee me grin grin grin

Lmao @ancient geometry grin You walked home barefooted? Sorry o lol. Anything for oyel work sha. grin
And where did you guys do the test wey sun beat una like that? Sokoto? grin
No o, my brother, it was at ICAN centre, off Amuwo odofin in Lagos. The date was March 22 (I can never forget that date because the hot sun carved it into my memory) on a Saturday.
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Ishilove: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2015
iAmCharis:
Wait o. Where all these people from come wey dey view? grin grin
Anythin oyel na hot cake na. You suppose know cheesy
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ishilove:

No o, my brother, it was at ICAN centre, off Amuwo odofin in Lagos. The date was March 22 (I can never forget that date because the hot sun carved it into my memory) on a Saturday.

Lmao I bet you'll tell this story to your grand children. grin grin
I thought I read where you said you teach chemistry and physics? How art student take teach those two subjects? undecided

And this post was your first post on NL. grin grin
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ishilove:

Anythin oyel na hot cake na. You suppose know cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Ishilove: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
iAmCharis:
Lmao I bet you'll tell this story to your grand children. grin grin
I thought I read where you said you teach chemistry and physics? How art student take teach those two subjects? undecided

And this post was your first post on NL. grin grin
I used to teach, but not those subjects. You really don't expect me to reveal all on Nairaland, do you? Abi do you want your people in the Romance section to open thread for me to narrate the story of my life to the world?? cheesy
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ishilove:

I used to teach, but not those subjects. You really don't expect me to reveal all on Nairaland, do you? Abi do you want your people in the Romance section to open thread for me to narrate the story of my life to the world?? cheesy
Lol those your fans them. grin grin
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Ishilove: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
iAmCharis:
Lol those your fans them. grin grin
Bad belle 'fans'. Lmao!!! cheesy
Re: Nnpc Or Ptdf by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ishilove:

Bad belle 'fans'. Lmao!!! cheesy
Lol grin cheesy
Was it a search for information about what to expect in the test that led you to nairaland?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2018/2019- 10,000 Teachers To Be Recruited / Make $27 Now. Free.in My Paid Survey Sites:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.