Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? (2636 Views)

Lady Bites Boyfriend’s Manhood To Avoid Rape In Lagos, Police Arrest Her / Woman Beat Her House Help For Crying Out Over Rape In Lagos (Graphic) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Canvass: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:

Okay. Thank you.

I don't know nada about law but I feel this Popsy guy is making sense. He went as far as saying the guy shouldn't admit to intoxication of both parties involved or that would nail him.
I read Michael Crichton's 'Disclosure' and I know how tricky a rape case could get. In the court of law, truth may not win, fact wins all the time.
What do I know? I wish the op all the best as you find a resolution to your problem.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by greatbuc(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2020
If you were truly drunk, how did you recall asking for sex first? You shouldn't shoot your self in the foot and now we know you were not fully drunk and you premeditated sleeping with her.. You took that advantage when she got drunk and now.. Once you are claiming to be drunk.. Run away from detailing.. Use words like
'I think we had sex cause I got up the morning after to realise my clothes were off
'the last thing I remembered was talking to her while drinking
Lawyers will try to set you up on how drunk you were. Nothing should make sense especially during the act.
Aftermath of the act is what you should focus on like what she said when she woke up and your good byes

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Izabel(f): 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2020
VEXT:

Initiated what, both of them were drunk for goodness sake, she may even be the one to throw the first kiss at him....
When you r drunk, you do stupid things!!!
he said it himself he initiated it. Learn to read before typing jargon

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Kondomatic(m): 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:

Drunkenness is not a defense to rape. You will only be nailing your own casket if you bring that argument to court. Even if you prove that you were drunk, it won't avail you.

My advice: don't tell the court that the lady was drunk nor you. Whatever you do, don't acknowledge that the woman was drunk. No consensual sex can be had in such a state.
What you're trying to prove here is that a drunk woman consenting to sex was raped by the man because the equally drunk man had a poor control over himself and raped the woman.

Does it even make sense?
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Kondomatic(m): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:

My argument is in order. It matters not, whether the man was drunk during the act. It is a non-issue. The crime of rape is to protect women, who are considered the vulnerable gender. Once it is established that the woman was under the influence of alcohol or any substance, the man will be knocked for it. It may sound illogical to you, but that's the law.
A smart ass lawyer can flip the case over and claim that the man didn't consent to sex because he was drunk.

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by VEXT: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2020
Izabel:

he said it himself he initiated it. Learn to read before typing jargon
Okay Madam jargon
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Lifestone(m): 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:
Yes, that was rape. She was under the influence of alcohol, hence, not capable of giving a valid consent at that point in time. You can't now say that the sex was consensual. You took advantage of her at her weakest point. This would be my argument if I am representing the lady.
I will probably argue that she raped the man because the man was under the office influence of alcohol and could not make reasonable judgement. She took advantage of the man.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Nigerianization(m): 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
popsy2:
Yes, that was rape. She was under the influence of alcohol, hence, not capable of giving a valid consent at that point in time. You can't now say that the sex was consensual. You took advantage of her at her weakest point. This would be my argument if I am representing the lady.

............and she didn't take advantage of him right. As if it is only men that have konji.

She should have filed a report immediately and not erroneously assume a girlfriend role after a one night stand.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Oksman(m): 2:05am On Nov 15, 2020
pk2me:
You are guilty of the act bcus from your post the lady wouldn't have consented to it if she's in her normal senses. You decided to take her for clubbing inorder to get her drunk and take advantage of her.
Mr Man, u are very guilty and it's a deliberate act from you, stop giving excuses of getting drunk. You planned it and it went smoothly as u planned.

Premeditated act!
You nailed it.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by capitalzero: 4:42am On Nov 15, 2020
Jbleenk:

Mind u I said the sex wouldn’t have happened if we were in our right senses. I was under the influence, too. Isn’t that a valid argument on my part?
You cannot initiate sex under influence of alcohol. Definitely, you were not under influence of alcohol. She was.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by capitalzero: 4:46am On Nov 15, 2020
Nigerianization:

............and she didn't take advantage of him right. As if it is only men that have konji.

She should have filed a report immediately and not erroneously assume a girlfriend role after a one night stand.
Report to who?
Police would even laugh at her.
Even most murderers don't get punished .
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by capitalzero: 4:47am On Nov 15, 2020
Kondomatic:
What you're trying to prove here is that a drunk woman consenting to sex was raped by the man because the equally drunk man had a poor control over himself and raped the woman.

Does it even make sense?
Men tolerated alcohol more than women
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Sirventor01(m): 5:23am On Nov 15, 2020
2years,
Corper,
Z.i, am confused
But anyways She is just crazy, why didn’t she come out immediately, why come Out now because she has been sacked for are insubordination. No mind am
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by OfficialAPCNig: 8:16am On Nov 15, 2020
Don't nail yourself with that "we were drunk and I initiated the move" shit.
Simple, she kissed you first and stick to that narrative.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Kondomatic(m): 8:16am On Nov 15, 2020
capitalzero:

Men tolerated alcohol more than women
Not every man
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Jbleenk: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2020
capitalzero:

You cannot initiate sex under influence of alcohol. Definitely, you were not under influence of alcohol. She was.

Stop saying what u don’t know for sure. I need to state it that before we even engage in sex we talked and laughed we each other for at least half an hour. So I’m saying with all intent that there was no case of rape.
Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kondomatic:

Does it even make sense?

I'm not a lawyer ooh but I understand what he's saying perfectly. Op has admitted that on a normal day, the lady wouldn't have had sex with him so if they went clubbing and later had sex, a lawyer can argue that Op knew she didn't like him and so used alcohol as a leverage to get her to sleep with him (intent).

Also if she's drunk, consent can be argued. Facts will prove that a drunk person isn't in a state to give consent. However with Op saying he initiated the sex, a lawyer can argue he wasn't drunk to have able to initiate sex, no matter how drunk he claims he is. So ultimately proving he purposely got her to sleep with him without her consent AKA rape.

Omo, this is a dicey situation and a good lawyer can send him to jail for rape.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by Kondomatic(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I'm not a lawyer ooh but I understand what he's saying perfectly. Op has admitted that on a normal day, the lady wouldn't have had sex with him so if they went clubbing and later had sex, a lawyer can argue that Op knew she didn't like him and so used alcohol as a leverage to get her to sleep with him (intent).
Don't say what the OP didn't say.

Here's is what he said
One thing led to the other and we both had sex that night. I’m sure this wouldn’t have happened if we were in our right senses

He did specify why it wouldn't have happened. Could be him that is not interested in the lady.

Sixfeetbelle:

Also if she's drunk, consent can be argued.
If he's not drunk.

Sixfeetbelle:
Facts will prove that a drunk person isn't in a state to give consent.
Two drunk people had sex, always remember that.

Sixfeetbelle:
However with Op saying he initiated the sex, a lawyer can argue he wasn't drunk to have able to initiate sex, no matter how drunk he claims he is. So ultimately proving he purposely got her to sleep with him without her consent AKA rape.

Omo, this is a dicey situation and a good lawyer can send him to jail for rape.
You people keep talking about a smart lawyer as if she's the only person that's allowed access to one.

You can't just get up and say the guy planned everything without knowing what happened that lead to their clubbing and how she got drunk, that's who got her drunk.

She was not raped and she can't prove otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by crackhaus: 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2020
Jbleenk:
2yrs ago, a youth corper served in a company I managed. One Friday evening we both went out clubbing with 2 of my friends.

There were lots to drink and lots of dancing and body contact. It was fun and at the end of the night we both were under the influence quite obviously. One thing led to the other and we both had sex that night. I’m sure this wouldn’t have happened if we were in our right senses.

However, it happened and it was consensual, as in, no persuasion, no force we both wanted it and we both had it albeit under the influence nonetheless, although I initiated it.

Days later she grew wings and became nonchalant with her duties and I wasn’t gonna take any of that then she started threatening to report me to her ZI of taking advantage of her. I called her bluff and asked if I raped her.

Long story short I had to send her away for insubordination and nonchalant to duties.

My question here is: in light of the build up before we had sex that night, can I be done for for rape? Just watching my back just in case she came out in future accusing me of rape.

I need answers from lawyers, please.
She was drunk, you were drunk, you danced together, had fun together... both of you may never have had sex with each other if you weren't intoxicated...

The way I see it, If she claims you took advantage of her, then she also took advantage of you.
You raped her and she raped you...

You should not have more responsibility in the matter. She's not a minor, and neither are you.
Equal responsibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? by mamato(f): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
Your mind is now judging you, you know from your deepest heart that you didn't seek her consent, you initiated the sex because you noticed she was drunk and might yield without any struggle. You can twist the story but we know the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Woman Hypnotized By Yahoo Boy Regain Her Senses 3 Days After Arriving Nigeria / Wat Will U Do If Ur Husband Raped U During Ur Period / Say No To Jungle Justice; Twelve Year Old Nigerian Boy Burnt Alive By Mob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.