Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Davido, ‘A Better Time’ Album Review - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido, ‘A Better Time’ Album Review (369 Views)

Davido's Daughter, Hailey, Sings 'Jowo' From His 'A Better Time' Album / Yahoo Boy Sends Davido A Message / Nigerian Lady Advises Chioma To Stop Giving Davido A Good Sex (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Davido, ‘A Better Time’ Album Review by RandomAfrican1: 9:45am On Nov 14, 2020

Davido released his third studio album, ‘A Better Time’ (ABT) in the wee hours of the 12th of November after a long wait, and this piece would be doing an objective and in-depth review of the project.

It is yet another notable album release period and as I sometimes do, I will be reviewing this one because I personally feel that it needs to be examined, especially due to some ongoing conversation around the project in the social media space.

Davido is known to consistently divide opinions of both critics and lovers, and this album project is no exception.

As I always say with my album reviews, it is mostly my opinion, but then again, due to my interest and experience in the music industry, I believe that I have earned the cred to carry out an objective review of music projects in general.

Now let’s dive in;

Track 1 – FEM

This song was released almost two months before the entire album project was made available, and it is already a global hit. The video to this song is already northwards of 13 million views and a cumulative of over 30 million streams on music platforms. This song has been a party choice for many people and it even appeared to be one of the theme songs for the recent #EndSARS protests that rocked Nigeria. There are also rumours that some parts of the song was directed at Burna Boy – but this remains alleged.

Rating; 8.5/10

Track 2 – Jowo

The second track on the ‘A Better Time’ album is quality – Davido changes his style has appeals a bit more to the emotions of listeners. The title of the song ‘jowo’ means ‘please’ in the musician’s native Yoruba language. The artiste is here seen pleading with his supposed heartthrob to not pay mind to external talks because those are voices of detractors who are trying to get between them. He asks his girl to remain with him – it is more of an “us against the world” kinda song. At a point in the song, Davido surprises our ears with some melodious Hausa language where he says “Amina zo mana… Amina mutumina.” The instrumentals on this track is just sweet.

Rating; 9/10

Get the full review here - https://africaatrandom.com/davido-a-better-time-album-review/
Re: Davido, ‘A Better Time’ Album Review by parkervero(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2020
You did a great job. I listened to 3 tracks from your site.

1 Like

Re: Davido, ‘A Better Time’ Album Review by RandomAfrican1: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2020
parkervero:
You did a great job. I listened to 3 tracks from your site.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

When Two Blood Sisters Turn Sworn Enemies, This Shocking Calamities Happens / I Love You Baby- Regina Daniels Celebrates Ned Nwoko Birthday / Bobrisky Brags About Being The ‘richest Ashewo’ As He Flaunts Jewelry Worth N12.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.