Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,881 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad (18780 Views)

Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things / FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by EgunMogaji2: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
MiztaSpark:
Na only people abroad wey no get sense go even dey reason to enter naija from now till 2023.

The reverse is also true.

I have to enter USA next year and I’m afraid.

Hopefully they’ll have gotten Covid under control.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Bmaster(m): 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
So,I can't come and see my people because of ordinary catarrh in the land

Until I see with my eyes a Nigerian confirmed covid-19 patient,
I will continue to wallow in doubt undecided

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by modsfucker: 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:
Anti-Christian Government

Why weren't diasporan Muslims subjected to similar bureucracies when they travelled down to Nigeria to celebrate Islamic festivities with family and friends?

Which festivity did Muslims celebrate since the outbreak of covid-19?

Plus Muslims are not scattered around the world like you people...
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by EgunMogaji2: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2020
Zenzu01:
It should actually be "Don't ever come home again" grin grin grin grin

Why will I come to an oil-producing country that sells fuel for 170 naira per little

The problem with Nigeria is that our national purse is loose.

Petrol is actually very cheap here. It should be at a minimum N1,500 per liter.

Please don’t quote as I’m not feeling well at all and under treatment.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by osusuallstars: 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2020
Never have I seen this type of irresponsible and irrelevant government before .your citizens wish to come home and you tell them to wait.
Why can't you resign till covid is eradicated ?
Do you know the condition under which they choose to come home now ?
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by favor914: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:
With your woeful handling of CA-COVID palliatives and #endSARS protests, don't contest for elections again until you show levels of sanity and passed psychiatric/leadership evaluations.
What's that your State Governor’s name again?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by favor914: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2020
osusuallstars:
Never have I seen this type of irresponsible and irrelevant government before .your citizens wish to come home and you tell them to wait.
Why can't you resign till covid is eradicated ?
Do you know the condition under which they choose to come home now ?
Advised, not instructed, you require better aid in English language?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by favor914: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

The problem with Nigeria is that our national purse is loose.

Petrol is actually very cheap here. It should be at a minimum N1,500 per liter.

Please don’t quote as I’m not feeling well at all and under treatment.
Petrol is cheap where?
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by ZooOga: 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
Ehiscotch:

All I'm asking is for you to read the article. Do you have a comprehension problem or are you just a troll?

Probably a Reno or FFK alias, you'll find a anti Buhari or religious bigotry comment in almost all threads unrelated to the topic posted.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by EgunMogaji2: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
favor914:
Petrol is cheap where?

Nigeria of course.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Mars16(m): 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2020
Useless advice from a government that doesn't care.

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by chaloskyx: 4:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
DO YOU KNOW PTF OR WHAT EVER YOU ARE CALLED ARE STUPID YOU ARE SAYING PEOPLE SHOULD NOT COME TO NIGERIA YET YOU OPEN OUR AIRSPACE FOR FOREIGNERS TO COME WHAT KIND OF USELESS PEOPLE ARE THESE SEF? ITS LIKE TELLING THIEVES NOT TO COME TO YOU HOUSE BUT YOU KEEP LEAVING YOUR DOOR AJAR LIKE ARE THESE PPL OKAY? IS IT NOT YOU DUTY TO PUT MEASURES IN PLACE TO ENSURE SUCH INCIDENT DOES NOT OCCUR

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Yankee101: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2020
Well, tell relatives, babes and friends if them go gree
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by bilulu(m): 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2020
Ehiscotch:

All I'm asking is for you to read the article. Do you have a comprehension problem or are you just a troll?
was such advice given during the muslim celebrations?
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by BeigJawnson(m): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
[/s][s]
beautyhd:
PTF, for una mind you've given the best advice.

Abroadians shouldn't come back but you guys can travel. Always chasing shadows,like say people returning back to Nigeria tops our greatest problems.
[s]
beautyhd:

Abroadians shouldn't come back but you guys can travel. Always chasing shadows,like say people returning back to Nigeria tops our greatest problems.
[/s]
beautyhd:

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by andyanders: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:

Why weren't diasporan Muslims subjected to similar bureucracies when they travelled down to Nigeria to celebrate Islamic festivities with family and friends?
Don't mind them. It is now Christians want to be with their loved ones, then an Islamic order will be issued. Why was the same order not replicated or issued when muslims had theirs. Now they want to issue an order on covid again. Tomorrow, they want to borrow another money on covid-19.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by otokx(m): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2020
kukuma close the international airports.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by emoney09: 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2020
Why
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by nnamdico82: 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
Are you insane?ndiara
flyingpig:

Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by pozehnani(f): 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:
Why can't you subject them to screening instead of deny them entry into their motherland for no susbtantial reason why?

Did you just say "no substantial reason?? Hian!

Read the caption again and you'll see the big reason.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by flyingpig: 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
pozehnani:

[s]Did you just say "no substantial reason?? Hian!

Read the caption again and you'll see the big reason[/s].
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by zoedew: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2020
But they can send their hard-earned dollars home!
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by obama30: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
lalasticlala:
PTF advises Nigerians to shelve Christmas home trips

https://thenationonlineng.net/ptf-advises-nigerians-to-shelve-christmas-home-trips/

I knew the advice must come from a Muslim person. Despite all money you people are pocketing all that worries you is life of a Christian that wish to spend Christmas with his family.

Beside who even want to visit nigeria?
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by charlsecy(m): 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
flyingpig:
Why can't you subject them to screening instead of deny them entry into their motherland for no susbtantial reason why?
Is it a sin to read/understand before commenting?
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Kingspin(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Did you read the post at all? Or did you just read the headline and rush to display ignorance all over the thread?

It's a simple advice to curtail the spread of Covid-19 especially to Nigerians in badly hit countries.

Lalasticla.la, your headline is a bit misleading especially to prejudiced and ignorant minds.
Use your head.

If the border and flights are still open anybody is allowed to come in.
Highest, the mess airport will subject travellers to extortions.

Abroad people know how to go about their stuff then the whole federal government.

Mess country.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by ajl: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2020
flyingpig:

C'mon! How many Nigerians travel home for Islamic festivals. Even the last Salalah was during the thick of the pandemic.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by NaBanga: 7:54am On Nov 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

The reverse is also true.

I have to enter USA next year and I’m afraid.

Hopefully they’ll have gotten Covid under control.

Nigeria does not have Covid under control. There is a lack of testing in Nigeria. Covid swept through Northern Nigeria like wildfire, just as it did in NYC. It is also killing many older people in Southern Nigeria. The difference is that the US is testing at very high rates. There is also an incentive for hospitals if a death is tagged as Covid related.

If you live in American Southern states, such as NC, MS, AL, you won't notice many Covid deaths. This is likely because of the space and lack of population density in rural areas, along with it being mostly elderly people. Official statistics make the numbers seem excessively high, but when you talk to people, you will realize that number is spread out over the entire population of these Southern states. As a result, you will find that most people don't officially know many people who have died of Covid. The same is true in Nigeria.

Nigeria is giving people a false sense of security, because the government simply doesn't have the resources to manage a major health crisis. In addition, they don't to "waste" their ill gotten wealth on an elusive disease, unless it is to protect themselves. But make no mistake about it. Covid is real, no matter where you are in the world. My advice to you is that if you have any health issue such as diabetes, to avoid crowded spaces and wear a mask in enclosed spaces. I would not recommend entering a plane unless you are ready to take the vaccine. Stay where you are until this pandemic is over.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by EgunMogaji2: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2020
NaBanga:

Nigeria does not have Covid under control. There is a lack of testing in Nigeria. Covid swept through Northern Nigeria like wildfire, just as it did in NYC. It is also killing many older people in Southern Nigeria. The difference is that the US is testing at very high rates. There is also an incentive for hospitals if a death is tagged as Covid related.

If you live in American Southern states, such as NC, MS, AL, you won't notice many Covid deaths. This is likely because of the space and lack of population density in rural areas, along with it being mostly elderly people. Official statistics make the numbers seem excessively high, but when you talk to people, you will realize that number is spread out over the entire population of these Southern states. As a result, you will find that most people don't officially know many people who have died of Covid. The same is true in Nigeria.

Nigeria is giving people a false sense of security, because the government simply doesn't have the resources to manage a major health crisis. In addition, they don't to "waste" their ill gotten wealth on an elusive disease, unless it is to protect themselves. But make no mistake about it. Covid is real, no matter where you are in the world. My advice to you is that if you have any health issue such as diabetes, to avoid crowded spaces and wear a mask in enclosed spaces. I would not recommend entering a plane unless you are ready to take the vaccine. Stay where you are until this pandemic is over.

I still feel 100% safer here in Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Largogogo: 7:20am On Nov 17, 2020
I had the virus. Got my flu/pneumonia inj. In September 2019. But it hits you from no where. I watched a friend die from it. Have You!? Listen to the scientists/doctors. Pray u don't get this virus.
Re: COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad by Largogogo: 2:58am On Nov 19, 2020
Coronavirus bombshell: UK scientists call for public inquiry into December death 'spike'
CORONAVIRUS may have been in Britain as early as October 2019 and two leading UK scientists have called for a public inquiry to pinpoint exactly when the first cluster of cases occurred

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears / Diesel Tanker Catches Fire In Ojota (Photos) / African Students Refugees Fleeing Ukraine Detained In EU Immigration Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.