Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. (927 Views)

Olosho Has Taken My Glory / A guy on nairaland is going to commit suicide by 11pm Tonight. / Nairaland Has Lost Its Glory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by QuintessentialW: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
Nairaland's been proliferated with way too many trolls. If you look carefully, most of the great threads and insightful posts were from yester years.

There was a time when Nairaland was home! When Nairaland was a culture! A wholesome community! But now, attempts at creating great threads are usually met with derailing.

There's way too many trolls on Nairaland today. Too many immature folks. Too much tribal and religious hate. Too much pettiness.

A thread is created and rather than allow meaningful contributions, people who have absolutely nothing sensible to say flood the first page. It kills the motivation for others to comment or even read through subsequent pages.

It's either all of the above or males who seem to have dedicated their existence to bashing women.

Nairaland used to be a better place. I feel sad to see Nairaland quickly being rendered a wasteland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by emperorsversion(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2020
I can't agree less man!!! I still remember during the days of emperorsversion!!
That dude was the nairaland GOAT

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Juwonmania(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2020
QuintessentialW:
Nairaland's been proliferated with way too many trolls. If you look carefully, most of the great threads and insightful posts were from yester years.

There was a time when Nairaland was home! When Nairaland was a culture! A wholesome community! But now, attempts at creating great threads are usually met with derailing.

There's way too many trolls on Nairaland today. Too many immature folks. Too much tribal and religious hate. Too much pettiness.

A thread is created and rather than allow meaningful contributions, people who have absolutely nothing sensible to say flood the first page. It kills the motivation for others to comment or even read through subsequent pages.

It's either all of the above or males who seem to have dedicated their existence to bashing women.

Nairaland used to be a better place. I feel sad to see Nairaland quickly being rendered a wasteland.
Does nairaland even have admins anymore?
It's now bloggers market to advertise their website.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2020
You have a point

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by NoFucksToGive: 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2020
Too late this place died years ago

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Kimcutie: 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
Juwonmania:

Does nairaland even have admins anymore?
It's now bloggers market to advertise their website.
Ha. Ha.
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Juwonmania(m): 10:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
Kimcutie:
Ha. Ha.
That's what it is....
You get banned for no reason.
Same news are posted by many people...
Moderators are no where to be found..

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2020
QuintessentialW:

Don't blame the forum blame the economical situation in the country. The forum is just a representation of what the country is going through economically there is chaos all over the land. Poverty hunger and unemployment including all sorts of crimes. Most Nigerians are frustrated with the way the economy is going and the direction the country is going so they have to take their frustration on somebody.
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by babtoundey(m): 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2020
Majority of the post that are making front page these days are watery. Getting to read the headline, you realise you have little or nothing to gain.

There were times you got hooked by mere glancing through the content of the first page. Then, the forum used to be very informative, educative and in every sense, entertaining. Now, most of the news that make front page are no news and are meant for little minds.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:52pm On Nov 14, 2020
Sift through the comments or the people. There's still a whole lot of good stuff here.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Ever8090: 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
Nairaland was never glorious in the past so they are loosing nothing..it is just a continuity of rot from onset

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2020
i posted that am in need of rice bag maker and someone replied ask ur father

https://www.nairaland.com/6252650/does-one-here-make-rice
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by lacruz12(m): 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2020
I feel irrelevant comments should be filtered out to give room for the most relevant before making it to front page

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Juwonmania(m): 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
musicproducer:
i posted that am in need of rice bag maker and someone replied ask ur father

https://www.nairaland.com/6252650/does-one-here-make-rice
Smiles....
I saw the thread and the reply you gave
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
Juwonmania:

Smiles....
I saw the thread and the reply you gave
some people just like showing them selves
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Juwonmania(m): 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
musicproducer:
some people just like showing them selves
So many children now on Nl

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by doggedfighter(f): 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
The mods are sleeping

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by illicit(m): 12:51am On Nov 15, 2020
Nothing lasts forever....
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Yomit71(m): 6:09am On Nov 15, 2020
nothing is wrong with nairaland, but many things wrong with Nigerians who happens to be nairalanders.
CHANGE YOUR WAYS

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Offpoint1: 7:57am On Nov 15, 2020
That's why these days I no longer have urge to visit unlike before I can't go an hour without visiting.

No updates
Mods are out of their minds
Users are £/&#~/

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by QuintessentialW: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2020
Offpoint1:
That's why these days I no longer have urge to visit unlike before I can't go an hour without visiting.

No updates
Mods are out of their minds
Users are £/&#~/

Same here. There was a time I always wanted to visit Nairaland... now I go days and weeks without visiting.

After reading through the first page, I go into specific sections and I'll have to force myself to log off when I have other compulsory things to attend to.

But these days, I barely find anything worth reading on the "almighty" front page, let alone finding the motivation to go into the other sections.
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Shortyy(f): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2020
It is quite unfortunate
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Freelane33(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2020
NOTHING LAST FOREVER . cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Nairaland is a reflection of the Nigerian majority, uncouth and uncivilized.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by Etinosa1234: 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2020
The funny thing is that the same pple who do this will still tell that Nigeria is gone forgetting that they are part of the problem
Re: Nairaland Is Steadily Losing Its Glory. by ReluctantAdult(m): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
I think the forum is not properly moderated the reason kids have a field day on here cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Salma Mumin Celebrates Birthday In Newspaper Dress – See Photos / Why Are Poor People So Religious?! / Never Marry These 10 Types Of Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.