Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England (12473 Views)

Emir Sanusi And Daughter In England (Photo) / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / African Woman Living In American (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
Tweety121:

I am Fulani because my family is and my grandmother spoke Fulfude, and I'm Hausa because my family is and that is what we speak.
Funny how you presume to know my etymology, I kinda thought I was better placed to make such judgements myself, seeing as it is my family we're talking about, and you don't know me?

you're trying to create a lie about our culture with your blog, im fulani and if i was not one first thing i would have thought is that your blog portrayed an unstable picture of fulanis, which is not a relaity in our culture angry if what you're saying is you're half fulani/hausa it makes things worse because that is the misrepresentation of 2 of the greatest ethnic groups in nigeria
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2011
Please tell me how I have misrepresented Hausa/Fulani culture (also note that my blog is purely my personal perspective and about my unique experiences)
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by saiyaman: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2011
Namfav is a dummy, arguing with him is a waste of time as a brick wall would provide much better conversation.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2011
Tweety121:

Pleasew tell me how I have misrepresented Hausa/Fulani culture (also note that my blog is purely my personal perspective and about my unique experiences)
first you say you left the truth, i am from a strong background of fulanis and have observed this, a strong fulani will not allow his child to leave something as precious to us as al islam, its our identity, assuming you are fulani, that is a misrepresentation in itself, what will non-fulanis think of your father, assuming he is fulani? your experiences are no at all unique, wallahi they are misrepresenting our culture and many of us will be happy if you represented your blog on yourself and not on our culture and deen, as far as i am concerned a yoruba muslim is more of a kin than you
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by saiyaman: 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
namfav:

first you say you left the truth, i am from a strong background of fulanis and have observed this, a strong fulani will not allow his child to leave something as precious to us as al islam, its our identity, assuming you are fulani, that is a misrepresentation in itself, what will non-fulanis think of your father, assuming he is fulani? your experiences are no at all unique, wallahi they are misrepresenting our culture and many of us will be happy if you represented your blog on yourself and not on our culture and deen, as far as i am concerned a yoruba muslim is more of a kin than you

So an adult is not free to choose their own religion?
More proof that Namfav is daft as tree bark.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2011
@saiyaman: I'm fascinated by namfav's criticisms, and I was prepared for this line of questioning by Muslims unhappy at my conversion
@namfav: Firstly, my father was a western-educated Fulani Muslim who was open-minded and tolerant and never imposed his religion on us. Secondly, he died before I became a Christian so his displeasure at this cannot be noted.

Also, even if he had expressed regret that I'd become a Christian, I'm an independent adult living in the UK who, despite not wanting to displease my family, will follow the path I have chosen. I know the number of Christian Fulanis are minimal, but I think it is highly close-minded and innapropriate of you to condemn me for doing what I please.

It's obvious I'm not a typical Fulani person (the blog title is 'the musings of a Westernised Hausa/Fulani woman', yet my love for my culture is evident and the purpose of my blog was to knock down certain stereotypes about us, i.e. we are all the same. (My boyfriend is also a Hausa/Fulani Christian from a Christian family so maybe we're not as rare as you think)

I don't represent your Fulani experience, I'm only representing mine. This is all I'm going to say about this.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
saiyaman:

So an adult is not free to choose their own religion?
More proof that Namfav is daft as tree bark.

saiyaman go away
fulani is our ethnicity, islam is our deen
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
Tweety121:

@namfav: Firstly, my father was a western-educated Fulani Muslim who was open-minded and tolerant and never imposed his religion on us. Secondly, my parents later seperated so his influence over us was reduced, then he died before I became a Christian so his displeasure at this cannot be noted.

Also, even if he had expressed regret that I'd become a Christian, I'm an independent adult living in the UK who, despite not wanting to displease my family, will follow the path I have chosen. I know the number of Christian Fulanis are minimal, but I think it is highly close-minded and innapropriate of you to condemn me for doing what I please.

It's obvious I'm not a typical Fulani person (the blog title is 'the musings of a Westernised Hausa/Fulani woman', yet my love for my people and culture is evident and the purpose of my blog was to knock down certain stereotypes about us, i.e. we are all the same. (My boyfriend is also a Hausa/Fulani Christian from a Christian family so maybe we're not as rare as you think)

I don't represent your Fulani experience, I'm only representing mine. This is all I am prepared to say on this matter.

P.S I am intrigued that you are a Fulani person reading my blog  smiley It's unfortunate that you dislike it, but I'm pleased to converse with you neverthelesss.

if i'm honest i don't care about your conversion, in my eyes you are no longer fulani
good for you, you can do whatever you want, your father would not have allowed you to be muslim before he died if he knew it was not the truth, you betrayed the love for the rest of the people by leaving the 1 thing that is most important to all of us and telling me you are unique, i know you are not speaking for me, you are not speaking for the most of us either, you are speaking for your little world that's not our culture, doing what you please is not part of the culture that i know maybe it is the culture that you created for yourself but its not fulani, so lie to people about your false love for fulani culture when you left deen when your father died, that's the worse betrayal
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by saiyaman: 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
namfav:

saiyaman go away
fulani is our ethnicity, islam is our deen

Islam is a religion, no more no less and it is everyone's god given right to choose to practice or not practice it.
Just because you still live in 500 AD does not mean the rest of us do, dummy.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by saiyaman: 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2011
Tweety please continue writing, I'm sure there are many other Fulanis in and out Nigeria that are in the same position as yourself and would like to connect with someone smiley
And I like the fact you touch on Fulani and Northern Culture, which most Nigerians in Nigeria don't even have much knowledge smiley
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2011
Thank you Saiyaman, I will smiley
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
I was prepared for this line of questioning by Muslims unhappy at my conversion

same here.

(My boyfriend is also a Hausa/Fulani Christian from a Christian family so maybe we're not as rare as you think)

oh, i was thinking you'd date outside your ethnicity, like come to the south or something.

anyway, nothing spoil.

best wishes and dont let nl males [or females] deceive you.

especially in relationship matters.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
saiyaman:

Islam is a religion, no more no less and it is everyone's god given right to choose to practice or not practice it.
Just because you still live in 500 AD does not mean the rest of us do, dummy.

islam is not just a religion, it's our identity as well, without islam we are nothing
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by PhysicsMHD(m): 6:25pm On Apr 06, 2011
namfav:

without islam we are nothing

That says it all right there. undecided
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
tweety maybe in kaduna they accept sell out kufrul'inaad out of hypocrisy,thank god that does not happen in katsina
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by armyofone(m): 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2011
thank God she is not living in Katsina. she lives where she is free to observe any religion. ba bu dongon turenchi fa.

your website is nice, saanu da a'iki
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by fstranger3(m): 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^

I thought you were a woman?

Did you transform?
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
she has to protect herself from all these Hot males.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by armyofone(m): 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2011
grin grin

i did, do you want to transform too?
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
armyofone:

thank God she is not living in Katsina. she lives where she is free to observe any religion. ba bu dongon turenchi fa.

your website is nice, saanu da a'iki

yes, where everyone is allowed to be a w-hore as well
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by saiyaman: 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2011
namfav:

yes, where everyone is allowed to be a w-hore as well

So there has never been a Fulani w.hore ever lol yeah enjoy that fantasy, humans are humans period.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
saiyaman:

So there has never been a Fulani w.hore ever lol yeah enjoy that fantasy, humans are humans period.

there are a number of fulanis who have sold out who are w-hores just ask tweety, it is very sad but true
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by saiyaman: 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2011
namfav:

there are a number of fulanis who have sold out who are w-hores just ask tweety, it is very sad but true

You keep up with that attitude Namfav and we might start suspecting your mother is one too, undecided

1 Like

Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
saiyaman:

You keep up with that attitude Namfav and we might start suspecting your mother is one too, undecided

so you're calling my mother that because of me, interesting
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by fstranger3(m): 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2011
namfav:

so you're calling my mother that because of me, interesting

Well, only the mother of a slut behaves the way you do. Your actions are a reflection of your upbringing. And so far, your mother doesnt seem to have done a good job, perhaps, you were neglected because she was busy slutting herself away.

No offense!

1 Like

Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
Um, is this the right way to approach the issue.

They arent southerners you know.

Not sure the op herself would agree with all this.

Since she's fulani, i doubt anything that transpired so far, is strange to her.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by fstranger3(m): 11:25pm On Apr 06, 2011
The enemy of your adversary is always your friend you know.

And the OP is mad cute IMO.

Feeling me? grin
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2011
Of course i am.

I already warned her about people like you, no offence.

However! You cant fight off every single person who's going to question her. Fulanis are muslims- thats a well known fact.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2011
fstranger3:

Well, only the mother of a slut behaves the way you do. Your actions are a reflection of your upbringing. And so far, your mother doesnt seem to have done a good job, perhaps, you were neglected because she was busy slutting herself away.

No offense!

most of my family are members of a well respected clan, going back to the 18th century i know who i am, maybe the original poster does not know who she is that why she left deen, if my mother was the things you say she is because i am defending my id and my deen then you are licking the a** of the wrong people, just saying, i do not care about her life choices, she is grown up but her blog is fallacious towards our culture, if she wants let her speak for herself and her southern brothers, she has nothing for us anymore, maybe you expected me to be happy, sorry to disappoint

no im not offended because its false
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 07, 2011
@namfav

Looking at you profile pixs, did you guys fake nails done? Maybe it's the camera.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 7:21am On Apr 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@namfav

Looking at you profile pixs, did you guys fake nails done? Maybe it's the camera.

i don't understand what you mean
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 07, 2011
namfav:

i don't understand what you mean

The nail at the top of you head, looks like it's been fixed with fake nails.

Cute picture tho.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_30PRmkOl4ro/SmXFyvuCfBI/AAAAAAAATg8/lFxEqg3fMZI/s400/acrylic-nails-designs-10.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers / Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue / What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.