Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,858 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play (1131 Views)

Five APC Power Blocs Battle For Control Ahead Of 2023 Presidency Poll / APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence / How Buhari Whittled Down Governors’ Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by emkz: 8:31am On Nov 15, 2020
National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, may be the end los­er in the predetermined arrangement to reposition the party ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Multiple party sources disclosed to news men that the Mai Mala Buni’s Caretaker and Extraordi­nary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) is bent on dismantling the APC to displace loyalists of Tinubu from the commanding heights of the party.

The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the APC had on June 25, 2020, dissolved its National Working Committee (NWC) where Tinubu and his associ­ates had a clear majority.

They lost the battle as the management of the party structure is now in the hands of a caretaker committee and state governors who are bat­tling to reassert their control over the party’s machinery.

Although the general view is that Tinubu will run for the presidency in 2023, but he has not announced any such inten­tions.

Sources said the former Lagos State governor now ex­periences serious rivals in the party.

The divisions in the party are said to be led by the camps of Nasir el Rufai, governor of Kaduna State and Rotimi Amaechi, Minister of Trans­port on one side; and deposed chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, on the other.

Other factions within the party include Kebbi State governor, Atiku Bagudu; Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi and Works Minister, Babatunde Fashola.

All the warriors are said to be modest about their am­bitions, but many have their eyes on the 2023 general polls.

“Don’t forget that an Abuja High Court ruling on March 5, 2020, which ordered Oshiom­hole to obey his suspension by his ward in Edo State, opened the fault lines of the APC pitching its governors against Tinubu.

Tinubu is known to have installed Oshiomhole and has being his back bone, shielding him from the party’s ambitious state chief executives who see the national chairman as a stumbling block to their 2023 presidential aspirations.

“With the court ruling, be­lieved to have been procured by proxy by the governors, the stage was set for an epic battle with the national leader,” said a party chieftain...

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/20520-tinubu-may-lose-control-of-apc-in-new-leadership-struggle/post

https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-may-lose-control-of-apc-in-new-leadership-struggle/

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Moferere: 8:35am On Nov 15, 2020
In all these permutations, where is Umahi faction in APC?

Are our brothers from the East really sure they want to join APC?

They called us asslickers for giving majority of our votes to APC in 2015 and 2019, are they trying to become Aboki slaves in 2023?

Or are they trying to reap where they have not sown?

These Eastern guys may be successful in business, but in politics, they are tyros grin grin grin
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by ThatFairGuy: 8:41am On Nov 15, 2020
No tension here, stop creating one where there's non

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Perfecttouch(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2020
What I know and am sure of is, it won't be business as usual for tinubu politically henceforth

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by PVision2020(m): 8:48am On Nov 15, 2020
How many times/ our long will they "whittle down" his power?
Since 2015 we've been hearing "Tinubu is finished".

Na so Tinubu power reach?
Stop dietifying this guy...

"The extent and length they go to see us down shows how great we are.
Our defeats should be a lesson that we are not gods, that we are but men.
That we are mortals who suffer from set backs, betrayals... But if our fellow men see us as gods and celebrate our defeats like they've defeated gods, then surely we must be close to being gods" Tinubu 2020
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Amotolongbo(f): 8:50am On Nov 15, 2020
It is likely Tinubu floats a new party ahead of the 2023 election, cos the power play outcome in APC may not favor him.

El Rufai and his men have hijacked the party structure, I don’t see it returning to the Tinubu faction. with Buhari feigning neutrality and indifference, we know where he stands
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by ORIENTATION101: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It is likely Tinubu floats a new party ahead of the 2023 election, cos the power play outcome in APC may not favor him.

El Rufai and his men have hijacked the party structure, I don’t see it returning to the Tinubu faction. with Buhari feigning neutrality and indifference, we know where he stands
we have hearing of this plan to cut Tinubu to seize since 2015 during days of oyegun , saraki, dogara atiku kwankaso yet all of them re no where to be found today.
Scheming to push Tinubu aside in APC is more like a new tenant that his scheming to ejecting his landlord, it is practically impossible.

Tinubu and Buhari re the landlords of APC others re tenants, when their rent expire they will leave like atiku,saraki, kwankaso,tambuwal e.t.c while another tenant will take their place

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by nsiba: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2020
This man don finish since, only scallywags deceiving him are still singing his praises
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by techmo(m): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2020
Same Mai Mala bunu, that has been frequently seen at Tinubu's house in Bourdillion, is the same guy the author says would scheme Tinubu out of power

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Amotolongbo(f): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
we have hearing of this plan to cut Tinubu to seize since 2015 during days of oyegun , saraki, dogara atiku kwankaso yet all of them re no where to be found today.
Scheming to push Tinubu aside in APC is more like a new tenant that his scheming to ejecting his landlord, it is practically impossible.

Tinubu and Buhari re the landlords of APC others re tenants, when their rent expire they will leave like atiku,saraki, kwankaso,tambuwal e.t.c while another tenant will take their place
dey there dey wear pants for mosquito. grin

Buhari only used Tinubu to achieve his ambition in 2015 and 2019.

Carnival go finish, eyes go clear after hymen don tear

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by tamdun: 9:06am On Nov 15, 2020
U people don't know politics, it is local and Tinubu has a lot of loyal people at the local level, do you expect them to just follow someone buni(all the way from North) appoint for them?
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by flyingpig: 9:08am On Nov 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:

my woman!
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:09am On Nov 15, 2020
Wetin concern me
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Amotolongbo(f): 9:10am On Nov 15, 2020
flyingpig:
my woman!
my everything....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by techmo(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:

One thing is certain... Congress Election would hold soon to elect new APC National Working Committee, let's see who in APC can rival the ACN National structure of APC merger, let's see where Elrufai or Fayemi would get their own party delegates from and if they can bribe delegates like Tinubu

Let's also wait for APC Presidential primaries Election if anybody can rival Tinubu's influence in APC...

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by flyingpig: 9:12am On Nov 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:
my everything....
cheesy i love you
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by tamdun: 9:13am On Nov 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:

They didn't hijack anything, u think sw will follow El rufai faction?
APC will use their own greed to destroy the party, do they expect Tinubu to go down without a fight?
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by emkz: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2020
techmo:
Same Mai Mala bunu, that has been frequently seen at Tinubu's house in Bourdillion, is the same guy the author says would scheme Tinubu out of power

"Because I challenged OBASANJO on some of his policies, all of a sudden, he rushed down to my house unannounced, requested for pounded yam. He came with all the fully armed security agents you can think of. My family was in serious panicking mood. After the meal, he washed his hands and brought out a letter asking me to read and sign.

"As I was reading, I saw it was my Resignation Letter as the PDP Chairman written by Obasanjo himself, a drop of water fell from my eyes, as I looked up, the security guards moved closer, I requested to go inside and get a pen, Obasanjo instantly brought out a pen from his pocket, 'this is pen sign it immediately.

"I signed and he told me 'Chairman, you know that for what you said today, you shouldn't be my Chairman again...". I remained dumb until he left. Thirty minutes after, he came again, I thought they wanted to kill me, I went to meet him outside, he brought out the letter and said 'you didn't put date there, oya write today's date below your signature'. I did and he left.

"It was a traumatic night for me and my family..."

-Audu Ogbe.

https://www.cknnigeria.com/2018/06/how-obasanjo-forced-me-to-resign-as-pdp.html?m=1
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by springer: 9:17am On Nov 15, 2020
In this world of 'No time to check Time' and Data Extortions in Nigeria, i really appreciate a brief, straight and factual but very short write-up like this. Yes the content is an open facts. Thanks for being brief.

About BAT, a Yoruba adage says that ' Omo to ba so ile nu, o so apo iya ko' simply means A Child who forgets his home hangs sufferings on his own neck'. Any Credible young Candidate like AFDB ADESHINA can easily defeat any APC Candidate if He bears the flags of the strongest Opposition party (PDP) come 2023 especially with a very strong Eastern running mate like WIKE OR as the IPOB Youths may deem fit.

Tinubu may not win 2023 Presidential election if He goes to the battle with APC Governors Forum as his internal oppositions and with noticeable social and sentimental rejection from some quota in his home base (Lagos) as revealed by #Endsars# protests.

When EFCC besieged Ambode house, his followers and loyalists stood by him to the end, showing love and solisarity, but when BAT properties were attacked by majorly Eastern Youths living in Lagos and some uninformed Youths from other tribes including western youths, where majority of Yoruba Youths being the most sophisticated Western Young Voters in Nigeria observed with political, social and economic sentiments while the tenants burns landlord properties in vegeance.

Does anybody notice that APC\FG\PMB actually DID NOT REALLY YIELD TO DEMANDS OF NIGERIAN YOUTHS? May God forbids future protests from already over-pressed Nigerian Youths because it may be too consuming as last protest was majorly western youth protest, if those our 'brothers' from the North joined then we may witness new Nations with Fresh Air and new lives. Nigerians are tired of Nigeria

Happy Sunday to the oppressed Nigerians.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by techmo(m): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2020
emkz:

"Because I challenged OBASANJO on some of his policies, all of a sudden, he rushed down to my house unannounced, requested for pounded yam. He came with all the fully armed security agents you can think of. My family was in serious panicking mood. After the meal, he washed his hands and brought out a letter asking me to read and sign.

"As I was reading, I saw it was my Resignation Letter as the PDP Chairman written by Obasanjo himself, a drop of water fell from my eyes, as I looked up, the security guards moved closer, I requested to go inside and get a pen, Obasanjo instantly brought out a pen from his pocket, 'this is pen sign it immediately.

"I signed and he told me 'Chairman, you know that for what you said today, you shouldn't be my Chairman again...". I remained dumb until he left. Thirty minutes after, he came again, I thought they wanted to kill me, I went to meet him outside, he brought out the letter and said 'you didn't put date there, oya write today's date below your signature'. I did and he left.

"It was a traumatic night for me and my family..."

-Audu Ogbe.

https://www.cknnigeria.com/2018/06/how-obasanjo-forced-me-to-resign-as-pdp.html?m=1

Well known story so what are you driving at
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by ORIENTATION101: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:

you re the dunce here, Tinubu holds the ace in APC. Tinubu ACN caucus have the biggest Stake in the party.
APC needs Tinubu more than Tinubu needs the party. If you think any mushroom politicians like ameachi,fayemi,el rufai e..t.c that cant even boast of popularity in their respective states cheesy will push tinubu aside then you re a foolcheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by emkz: 9:23am On Nov 15, 2020
techmo:

Well known story so what are you driving at

That I come to your house, eat with you, play with your children, watch your television and take photos with you does not mean I like you. I may be eyeing your wife.

I hope you understand the apparent euphemism.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Amotolongbo(f): 9:31am On Nov 15, 2020
techmo:

One thing is certain... Congress Election would hold soon to elect new APC National Working Committee, let's see who in APC can rival the ACN National structure of APC merger, let's see where Elrufai or Fayemi would get their own party delegates from and if they can bribe delegates like Tinubu

Let's also wait for APC Presidential primaries Election if anybody can rival Tinubu's influence in APC...

Good point! If Tinubu can get it right at the delegates election, cool.

That is where the searchlight should focus for now, the delegates election.
Political game is more than assembly of men calling for the support or against a course.
There are moves, dismoves, unmoves and removes going on during the process of politics of numerical advantage.

Let us cast our minds back to the 2015 red chamber election to elect the president of the house. Didn’t APC have the number to elect their consensus candidate? See how they were sent on a “DeLima” kinda leg over (I still believe Buhari was part of the game plan) and many of them all followed the leg. By the time they could come back, the deed was done.

Tinubu has the money, but the El Rufai faction has the power. You can struggle all your life to buy power with money and still won’t achieve getting it. But when you have power, money becomes your slave

The only saving grace for Tinubu is a sincere Buhari back up. Anything outside that may reduce Tinubu to a second class citizen in APC and squeeze him out to float another party.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Amotolongbo(f): 9:33am On Nov 15, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
you re the dunce here, Tinubu holds the ace in APC. Tinubu ACN caucus have the biggest Stake in the party.
APC needs Tinubu more than Tinubu needs the party. If you think any mushroom politicians like ameachi,fayemi,el rufai e..t.c that cant even boast of popularity in their respective states cheesy will push tinubu aside then you re a foolcheesy
See this macaque still daydreaming and sleep posting on nairaland
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Amotolongbo(f): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2020
tamdun:

They didn't hijack anything, u think sw will follow El rufai faction?
APC will use their own greed to destroy the party, do they expect Tinubu to go down without a fight?
There isn’t anything like south west following El Rufai here.

The point is the south west politician riding on El Rufai as horse to their own destination
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by techmo(m): 9:54am On Nov 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Good point! If Tinubu can get it right at the delegates election, cool.

That is where the searchlight should focus for now, the delegates election.
Political game is more than assembly of men calling for the support or against a course.
There are moves, dismoves, unmoves and removes going on during the process of politics of numerical advantage.

Let us cast our minds back to the 2015 red chamber election to elect the president of the house. Didn’t APC have the number to elect their consensus candidate? See how they were sent on a “DeLima” kinda leg over (I still believe Buhari was part of the game plan) and many of them all followed the leg. By the time they could come back, the deed was done.

Tinubu has the money, but the El Rufai faction has the power. You can struggle all your life to buy power with money and still won’t achieve getting it. But when you have power, money becomes your slave

The only saving grace for Tinubu is a sincere Buhari back up. Anything outside that may reduce Tinubu to a second class citizen in APC and squeeze him out to float another party.

Well let me be the first to inform you, El Rufai doesn't have any power in APC, he barely projects himself as powerful, he contested and lost APC Progressive Governors forum Chairmanship, Lost Northern Governors and also lost Nigerian Governors forum, he barely won Kaduna governorship because he showed so much ass licking and begging to Buhari's team

I agree Buhari calling APC Senators to a meeting at Yar'Adua centre during the House Election was Shaddy but nobody can specifically pin the senate coup of 2015 to him

Now let me give you some tips why I think Tinubu still remains the man to beat in APC

*At 2014 Presidential primaries Election in Lagos Buhari had less to nothing and faced Billionaire Atiku, Rochas Okorocha and Kwankwaso, few weeks to the primaries Tinubu called a meeting and proposed a winner takes all agreement that once you lose you can't defect or contest, everyone agreed thinking they have the money to muscle Buhari... But on the very Day, Tinubu , Fashola and Ameachi dolled out so much money that Atiku felt poor, and was why Buhari called Tinubu to head his campaign team for 2019

* The Alpha Beta ** angle

Many people don't understand that Alphabeta is not only a tax consultancy, Auditing firm and accounting firm, but also a major money laundering outfits favoured by many Politicians accross West Africa, many states in Nigeria use Alpha Beta, Remita, same with West African countries like Ghana and Gambia,

The agreement with Tinubu is , he finance your campaign expenses, then he becomes your tax consultancy firm, you get a percentage he gets his too,.

Now tell me how many Politician would vote for Elrufai over Tinubu

Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2020
tamdun:
U people don't know politics, it is local and Tinubu has a lot of loyal people at the local level, do you expect them to just follow someone buni(all the way from North) appoint for them?
which local level d north abi south? cos here in d north(sokoto) d believe is dat is Tinubu dat received Dem into voting Buhari
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by tollyboy5(m): 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
tamdun:
Local where? sad okay Lagos vote alone will make him president bah! Don't 4get bihari lost ondo state last election

Besides Lagos no fit ever sure as things are going now!
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by Anyiamaka: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
Tinubu has paid his dues; he has equally served the purposes for which he was and he remained relevant. Regardless, Tinubu will not be president of Nigeria in 2023 or at any time.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Influence May Be Whittled Down In APC Power Play by tollyboy5(m): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2020
techmo:

W firm, you get a percentage he gets his too,.

Now tell me how many Politician would vote for Elrufai over Tinub

Stop talking like APC is the only party in Nigeria. Alpha beta is a criminal company that has been looting My state for too long.
We can't allow asiwaju to be a governor in our land still loot our state money sporadically.

As for 2023 election the north are born with politics so I believe their magic. If we would even oppose the north it will never be because of someone like mr tinubu sad . that man time has gone. His children need to find other job to start doing because we're taking Lagos back

(1) (Reply)

AFTV Regular Troopz Is Selling 'Arteta Out' T-shirts' / Chibuike Amamechi Exposed Truth Why He Walks On Crutches (video) / Igbos Dont Deserve Any Sensitive Position Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.