Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) (28833 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Man Who Asked Why 'Citation' Doesn't Have Subtitles / Bbnaija 2019:- Spoiler Alerts Ahead Of Bbnaija 4 Kick Off / Game Of Thrones Spoiler & Leak Thread (Please Avoid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by uchennamani(m): 9:08am On Nov 24, 2020
thuxzwda1:

You watched forever?
Jesus. People that can't differentiate between movies and TV series are also talking. Okay. Continue.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by uchennamani(m): 9:11am On Nov 24, 2020
Awoleesu:
Senior Kunle (He actually was my senior in Secondary school) has a knack for pulling incredibly high profile personae in his productions. Citation is a one-of-a class outing with the featuring of the likes of Madam Ibukun Awosika, Chairman First Bank Ltd, Jean - Louis a multilingual American star (He's reputed to be fluent in about 4 different languages), and of course Temi Otedola and others!

The movie also featured many interesting West African Tourist centres like Cape Verde and Senegal...

in all I think it's a local narrative in an international context.

Nonsense.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by uchennamani(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2020
CzarChris:
I watched this movie a couple of days ago, and I must say that I was disappointed, clearly over-hyped, temi otedola's acting was terrible, (but that girl fine small sha). Never knew that Madame IBUKUN AWOSIKA was into acting (I have so much love and respect for that woman).

Summary:The production and directing of the movie made the movie painful to watch, just don't get me started on the actors/actresses. (Reason why I don't watch Nigerian movies).
Thank you. I have nothing to add to your comment. Citation is one big, overhyped nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2020
Gr8amechi:

You and I have exact same preference
Cool.

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 24, 2020
Silentgroper:
smh. That's hw y'all keep on doing till u find urself asking to provide a man 4 u. Smh
You sound so pained that I'm not throwing myself all over a man. Keep wailing. grin
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Mineisgrace(f): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2020
I think I watched a snippet where they were they said a man should sit down after bragging about his qualification
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Gr8amechi: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2020
Chii59:

Cool.
Do you have any movies you would recommend for me
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Kaylet: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
After seeing the movie.

I am giving it 75%

2 Likes

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2020
The opinion on twitter given by the young man was flawed, as he didn't watch the movie from the original source.

Still, you can give it a try.

Obzerfapex:
I wanted to watch the movie but I stopped when I saw how the producer insulted a man and called him bastard for for giving his own opinion on the movie on twitter
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
I'm fed up myself grin

Chii59:

Nwaezeemmanuel, e be like say some nairalanders want us to marry by fire, by force, by thunder cheesy grin
The thing don tire me. Any final words for this guy?

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
You think i don't know that? grin

uchennamani:

Prison Break is not a movie. It is a television series.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Baba, she's allowed to make a choice. Marriage isn't by force.

Silentgroper:
smh. That's hw y'all keep on doing till u find urself asking to provide a man 4 u. Smh
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by lkillbrokehoes: 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2020
Chii59:
[s]You sound so pained that I'm not throwing myself all over a man. Keep wailing[/s]. grin
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by lkillbrokehoes: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2020
Chii59:

[s]Nwaez.eemmanuel, e be like say some nairalanders want us to marry by fire, by force, by thunder cheesy grin
The thing don tire me. Any final words for this guy?[/s]
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by dreaizy(m): 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
Obzerfapex:
I wanted to watch the movie but I stopped when I saw how the producer insulted a man and called him bastard for for giving his own opinion on the movie on twitter
Kunle Afolayan insulted the guy because his statement showed that he download the Film illegally. Which technically means that he stole it.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Olatara(f): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
realokopi:
How many have you seen?
three. Thank you
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Silentgroper(m): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Baba, she's allowed to make a choice. Marriage isn't by force.

Ok bro.. U knw wat, i think there's an end game to this thing u're doing. If it's what i think it is, i've got ur back fully. Jxt dnt 4get to gist us at d beer parlour.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Silentgroper(m): 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2020
Chii59:
You sound so pained that I'm not throwing myself all over a man. Keep wailing. grin
pained. Hahahahaha..
time will tell
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Obzerfapex(m): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
Was he the one that uploaded the movie there,? You know well that not all people can afford Netflix
dreaizy:

Kunle Afolayan insulted the guy because his statement showed that he download the Film illegally. Which technically means that he stole it.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Obzerfapex(m): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2020
I understand the guy was wrong but if you feel the hate he put when replying the man ...
Clementz0:
lol, the guy watched a pirated copy and was criticizing the producer for not providing interpretation to some of the scene, the producer was mad at him but he ought to have controlled his anger.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Obzerfapex(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2020
Okay thanks
nwaezeemmanuel:
The opinion on twitter given by the young man was flawed, as he didn't watch the movie from the original source.

Still, you can give it a try.

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Neddstark: 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
uchennamani:

You can't win this fight, not with this crazy people on Nairaland that don't know shit about movies.

The South Korean Movie Parasite won the best picture award at the Oscar's last year, the director took home the first director award last as well, and some dumb people that don't know shit about movies are giving Citation 8/10. Citation shouldn't even be rated at all. Everything about it is bad, from the script to directing. Kunle Afolayan is dragging Bollywood bad to the woods.

I know that cinematography has been our problem, but we got it right then with our story and directing in the old Nollywood movies. Mediocrity is really one of the problems of this country. North Africans are even doing better movies than us, and people here hyping this latest shit from Mr. Afolayan.

You are so right sir. At first, movie producers complained of equipment, now they have been able to acquire top-class equipment. The cameras being used to shoot Hollywood is what is being used now. But it seems getting movie fundamentals i.e acting, script, direction, dialogue is such a big problem. I can bet you, the Nigerian shots for the movie was done under 3 weeks. Kunle Afolayan's movies are officially below par as he celebrates non-actors for important roles. He has used people with no single idea of acting to play major roles i.e Simi, Chidinma and Otedola. But what the hell, it brings him the money bag. Untill they take the art as serious, there will be no improvement and other countries will overtake us.
Damn, that parasite movie was a masterpiece. A movie you go to bed and sleep on and still want to re-watch again.

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by dreaizy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
Obzerfapex:
Was he the one that uploaded the movie there,? You know well that not all people can afford Netflix
No offense bro, but pls, let's stop making excuses for crime and stupidity.
Uploading the movie is a crime, downloading it is another crime.
but the guy deserves some punishment for being too stupid to either not know he was commiting a crime or to admit to it online.
PS. What would you do if someone stole your food and come online to say it doesn't have meat in it?
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by KingofAbuja(m): 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
realokopi:
Alright bro... Drop your email, I will send them through there.

H eyb rume (at) gmail.com

No space in the mail bro. Just to prevent spammers et al.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by duduade: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2020
uchennamani:

Thank you. I have nothing to add to your comment. Citation is one big, overhyped nonsense.

I watched that movie under 20 minutes

Very annoying

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by harryodilli19(m): 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2020
Liposure:
esp that chief daddy. I was disappointed

So you wouldn't recommend watching the Lionheart? any other recommendations of a good Nigerian TV series or a movie that is critically acclaimed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Site Can I Download Foreign Movies? / Angel Evicted From The Big Brother Main House (Fake) / Brighto To Kiddwaya: Neo Is A Pretender, He Lies A Lot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.