Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Former Beauty Queen, Success Ogboji Wins Miss Northern Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Former Beauty Queen, Success Ogboji Wins Miss Northern Nigeria (364 Views)

Northern Nigeria Misconception! / Miriam Jack Wins Miss Nigeria Beauty Queen (polo Edition) / Northern Nigeria Girls Are Among The Most Beautiful Girls In The World..... Ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Beauty Queen, Success Ogboji Wins Miss Northern Nigeria by PeterOnu(m): 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
A Benue-born beauty Queen, Onyeche Success Ogboji, was on Saturday in Sheraton Hotel, Abuja, coronated as Miss Northern Nigeria 2020.

Speaking at the event that was well attended by high profile dignitaries, the Senator representing Benue South, Comrade Abba Moro, urged Nigeria's leaders to encourage and support the youths in their social endeavours.

According to him, it is when the youths realise they have the sense of recognition and belonging, that they would get off the streets and honour the leaders.

"When you look at these young men and women, putting themselves together, creating happiness for themselves, radiating with hope, I want to believe that with some level of determination, focus and hard work; the future may not be as hopeless as it looks.

"So, I come around all the time to identify with them because, when I tell you my age, it tells you a story that, my time is coming to an end. And because nature has no vacuum, it is important that, we give encouragement to the younger ones that are coming, to develop the sense of entitlement that the future belongs to them, Senator Moro said".

The Lawmaker said the youth had been a serious determinant in his electioneering successes and it must not be when they die before he eulogizes them, calling on leaders at all levels to get closer to the youth and make the society free for all to inhabit.

In her acceptance speech, Queen Ogboji promised to dedicate her whole self in serving humanity, even as she called for respect for the dignity of the girl child across the country.

"I will join my voice to the voices of those who are already championing this course, as I stand for what is right and stand against what is wrong", she said, while calling on parents to invest in girl child education.

She acknowledged the many achievements of her predecessor, Queen Uko Glorious Unahi, promising to consolidate on them in making her reign worthwhile and in building on the original dreams of the organizers of the pageantry.

Highlights of the event was presentation of awards to Governor of Nasarawa State, Engr. Abdullahi Sule, Senator Abba Moro, Mrs. Janet Odoh Williams and others, while star prize of a car was presented to the new Queen, with other prizes to the runners up.

Miss Northern Nigeria 2020 is the second edition of the beauty pageantry being organized by Whyte Image Entertainment across the 19 northern states in Nigeria, to train the girl child in upholding the many cultural ideals of the northern people.

Re: Former Beauty Queen, Success Ogboji Wins Miss Northern Nigeria by MarveworldNG: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2020
Congratulations.
Like the beauty in the eyes of the beholder
Re: Former Beauty Queen, Success Ogboji Wins Miss Northern Nigeria by nakaman: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
benue na North?? I think say na middle belt b4
Re: Former Beauty Queen, Success Ogboji Wins Miss Northern Nigeria by chatinent: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2020
She's “make-up beautiful. ”
Re: Former Beauty Queen, Success Ogboji Wins Miss Northern Nigeria by Donaldpros(m): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
congrats dear...but when did abogki arewa started doing pageant..Benue state now be north well let me leave it for dis ma niggi below for a fair answer.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari And The Deranging Effect Of Power / What Is Charlie Charlie?: All You Need Sabi About Di Trending Charlie Charlie Ch / Delta High Court Judge Weeps After DNA Test Showed He Is Not Father Of His Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.