Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,865 members, 7,956,273 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (18482 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu's 61st Birthday Is Today / Tunde Idiagbon's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 69th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Zenithpeak(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2020
Its Zik's 116th posthumous birthday and also my son's 10th birthday.

I wish him long life in prosperity, wisdom and good health.

May he never grow up to become a shame to his country of birth like Buhari and his unfortunate APC household of error.

Amen.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Emyzoloye5(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A true leader should enshrine the 16th of November as a national holiday because not only was it the date the Zik of Africa was born; it was the date the best writer to ever come out from Africa, Chinua Achebe was born.

I guess the OAU should also adopt this date as a continental holiday for all Africans.

And both of them are from Anambra state.....

Anambra to the world!!!!! there is nothing like Igbo without Anambra

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Thetruthalways: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2020
RedScorpion:
This one too was part of the problem.

Is this the better Nigeria he envisioned ?

He pushed for Independence from colonial masters but what do we have today ?

Fulani masters that are not helping matters.

Colonial masters are far better than this Useless Fulani herdsmen in Aso Rock

Just look at the Idiot smiling at the picture of a cow because he is a cow himself.

What has this comment got to do with the thread....
You must be deluded, stupid, ignorant and useless cos you actually believed PMB was looking at a Cow's picture....how stupid can you be?.....
That was a photoshop...even though people arr using it to mock him, you actually believe thats how it is...
This clearly shows how you believe a lot of fact news upandan....
Shame on you....shame, shame, shame......
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Juliusmomoh: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2020
MrCover:

Your father is still alive right
Yea, but he is not fuctioning.... I mean talking up his reponsibilities.. . I sometime envy those whose father is late... . Some fathers are just burden.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by naijadrivablog: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2020
He is not celebrated across the East and for obvious reason. Even Northerners don't value his role in "one Nigeria".

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Oteikwu1(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2020
D living has nothing common with d death
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Gloria042(f): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2020
The great,charismatic zik
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Limitless72(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2020
omeke12:
nwanne, If you would like to know how great Zik is,
read the book "THERE WAS A COUNTRY" by China Achebe

Great people find it easy identifying a Fellow great person
but fools and cowards always think that some of their fellow fools and cowards are Greats
this is why u see Igbos and MASSOB fanatics celebrating cowards like Kanu and Uwazurike who will run at the first gun shot.
just read "THERE WAS A COUNTRY".... and u will see how the Great Zik quietly made the whites to leave Nigeria without bloodshed
but in anger, the whites handed power over to the northerners who they can easily control
they felt that Zik led southern Nigeria were too smart to be controlled...
this is why we are here today
in the book " there was a country"
Achebe wrote... "while leaving the colonialists tried their best to hand over power to the exact tribe that did little or nothing in our independence"
bro... celebrated greatness...if u ever wish to be great

The Colonial masters didn't hand over power to the Northern folks. Zik did when he decided to ditch Awo for Tafawa Balewa. If he had joined his NCNC votes with that of Awo, things might not have turned out like this. Awo tried to persuade him but every form of persuasion fell on deaf ears. Zik also resisted the succession clause Awo suggested

Another person that finally gave the northern folks power was Aguyi Ironsi. He created the Unitary system.

These are all Igbo folks not British folks.
I also think the reason it seems like the Northern folks are dominating is because of Buhari, by 2023, if the South decide to form united front against the North and sign the electoral bill into law, then everything would change.

E-voting would become the bane of the northern folks. Once its signed into law, only one region would hold the ultimate decision in Nigeria and that's the southern part of the country

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by MrCover: 10:51am On Nov 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Yea, but he is not fuctioning....
I mean talking up his reponsibilities..
I sometime envy those whose father is late...
Some fathers are just burden.

Ok, Oya Visit https://. com
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Juliusmomoh: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2020
MrCover:

Ok, Oya Visit https://. com
undecided La click la bend
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by MrCover: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

undecided
La click la bend

I wan promote you bro
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Juliusmomoh: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2020
MrCover:

I wan promote you bro
I knw But the link u sent is not fuctioning
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by MrCover: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

I knw
But the link u sent is not fuctioning

Type it together, it will go
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Juliusmomoh: 11:24am On Nov 16, 2020
MrCover:

Type it together, it will go
OK
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by dikeigbo2(m): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2020
MrCover:
Happy Birthday To You Sir

I know you are in heaven now, Don't Forget To Greet My Father For Me

On The Other News, Anambra State GOVT Declares Today As Public Holiday - https://www.nairaland.com/6258101/anambra-government-declares-nov-16th

public holiday that benefits the people nothing..imagine schools where caught unawares because of this

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by aviazuva: 11:43am On Nov 16, 2020
Uwa shiga ashiga
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:49am On Nov 16, 2020
The selfish leader who wanted to become the 'Zik of one Nigeria or zik of africa' not knowing he blunder southern Nigeria to unending yoke n bondage!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2020
Limitless72:

The Colonial masters didn't hand over power to the Northern folks. Zik did when he decided to ditch Awo for Ahmadu Bello. If he had joined his NCNC votes with that of Awo, things might not have turned out like this. Awo tried to persuade him but every form of persuasion fell on deaf ears. Zik also resisted the succession clause Awo suggested

Another person that finally gave the northern folks power was Aguyi Ironsi. He created the Unitary system.

These are all Igbo folks not British folks.
I also think the reason it seems like the Northern folks are dominating is because of Buhari, by 2023, if the South decide to form united front against the North and sign the electoral bill into law, then everything would change.

E-voting would become the bane of the northern folks. Once its signed into law, only one region would hold the ultimate decision in Nigeria and that's the southern part of the country

It is clear you had no understanding of what happened in the 1959 elections. The british made sure that the north had 99% voting rate and limited voting rate in the south and mind you the population census figures was already manipulated to favor the north as more populated than south which gave them more seats in parliament, but now a coalition had to be done to ensure that there would be maximum seats in the parliament. The british ensured that it was the north with the majority that would enter an alliance with either of the two parties(AG or NCNC) in the south.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AnanseK(m): 11:52am On Nov 16, 2020
And the ignorant wicked protesters set his statue on fire, just one month to his birthday.

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 11:56am On Nov 16, 2020
The Celebration currently ongoing at UNN Alexandria Auditorium with the wife of Zik in attendance.

As organized by IGBO NSUKKA UNITED FRONT for the giant stride of Zik in sitting the almighty Nigerian University in Nsukka which marked the beginning of development of Nsukka.

Continue resting in peace THE ZIK OF AFRICA.

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by walteriyke: 11:59am On Nov 16, 2020
See how the driver turk in agbada
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by GermanPoison(m): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A true leader should enshrine the 16th of November as a national holiday because not only was it the date the Zik of Africa was born; it was the date the best writer to ever come out from Africa, Chinua Achebe was born.

I guess the OAU should also adopt this date as a continental holiday for all Africans.
don't be sentimental in your saying which national holiday
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by RedScorpion(f): 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2020
Thetruthalways:

What has this comment got to do with the thread....
You must be deluded, stupid, ignorant and useless cos you actually believed PMB was looking at a Cow's picture....how stupid can you be?.....
That was a photoshop...even though people arr using it to mock him, you actually believe thats how it is...
This clearly shows how you believe a lot of fact news upandan....
Shame on you....shame, shame, shame......

Are you the only one that saw my comment and could not pass by ?

Shut up you dirty Bastard born by an harlot.

Shame on you and your useless Fulani generation. Your sense is photoshopped that is why you took time to reply me

When you get home tell the dirty things you call “family” that they are deluded, stupid, ignorant and useless and they would die that way.

When you gather round your wife and children tell them they have a deluded, stupid, ignorant and useless life and destiny that you procured for them by supporting that Idiot in Aso Rock.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by emmyw(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
Olami83:
One of the founders of Nigeria's problem... Useless greedy mofo
Afonja Idiot
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Limitless72(m): 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
obynzo:

It is clear you had no understanding of what happened in the 1959 elections. The british made sure that the north had 99% voting rate and limited voting rate in the south and mind you the population census figures was already manipulated to favor the north as more populated than south which gave them more seats in parliament, but now a coalition had to be done to ensure that there would be maximum seats in the parliament. The british ensured that it was the north with the majority that would enter an alliance with either of the two parties(AG or NCNC) in the south.

It's true the northern region had 50% electoral representation at the expense of the eastern and western region. But after the election in 1959 the NPC led by Ahmadu Bello had more votes, followed by Dr Nnamdi Azikwe's NCNC group and Chief Obafemi Awolowo's AG group but none of their respective votes was enough to form a government.

A coalition was the only way to forming a government. Awolowo's AG group and Ziks NCNC group contemplated in materialising this coalition, though both shared bitter rivalry. Since Zik had more votes than Awo, Awo agreed to cede the position of prime minister willingly to Ziks. Now seeing this coalition was beginning to take shape, Ahmadu Bello threatened that if the coalition materialized he would take the Northern region out of the federation( the north wanted to go).

So Zik foolishly and frailty succumbed to Ahmadu Bello threat( the ONE NIGERIA SPIRIT) also ceded the position of the prime minister to Tafawa Balewa since NPC had more parliamentary votes. NCNC/NPC/NEPU went ahead to form the government.

Saying it was the Northern counterpart that was in the position to decide who to form an alliance with is what I'm yet to understand. Awo and Zik were bitter rivals at the time.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2020
.continue to rest in peace great mentor
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2020
Limitless72:

It's true the northern region had 50% electoral representation at the expense of the eastern and western region. But after the election in 1959 the NPC led by Ahmadu Bello had more votes, followed by Dr Nnamdi Azikwe's NCNC group and Chief Obafemi Awolowo's AG group but none of their respective votes was enough to form a government.

A coalition was the only way to forming a government. Awolowo's AG group and Ziks NCNC group contemplated in materialising this coalition, though both shared bitter rivalry. Since Zik had more votes than Awo, Awo agreed to cede the position of prime minister willingly to Ziks. Now seeing this coalition was beginning to take shape, Ahmadu Bello threatened that if the coalition materialized he would take the Northern region out of the federation( the north wanted to go).

So Zik foolishly and frailty succumbed to Ahmadu Bello threat( the ONE NIGERIA SPIRIT) also ceded the position of the prime minister to Tafawa Balewa since NPC had more parliamentary votes. NCNC/NPC/NEPU went ahead to form the government.

Saying it was the Northern counterpart that was in the position to decide who to form an alliance with is what I'm yet to understand. Awo and Zik were bitter rivals at the time.

You got it all wrong the British actually wanted the North to be the first in any coalition and they used blackmail to prevent any of the parties in the south to form a coalition. If you read more on the politics surrounding the 1959 elections you will see the hand of the British in the whole coalition arrangement. Zik had his failings but i think we should cut the man some slack on this one.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Limitless72(m): 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2020
obynzo:

You got it all wrong the British actually wanted the North to be the first in any coalition and they used blackmail to prevent any of the parties in the south to form a coalition. If you read more on the politics surrounding the 1959 elections you will see the hand of the British in the whole coalition arrangement. Zik had his failings but i think we should cut the man some slack on this one.

Ok
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Seerade029: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Welcome back bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege / Senate Minority Leader, Abaribe, Shuns Second Year Anniversary Special Session / Yakubu Gowon Visits Buhari Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.