Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video (5439 Views)

NBC Jams Radio Biafra In Lagos / "We Will Launch Radio Biafra In Daura" - IPOB Tells Buhari / The Faces Of Notable Nigerians That Protested Against GEJ (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
make I no slap u o. which bonny is igbo?

SaintBishop:

i thought that Ofoigbo said the people of bonny and Opobo are igbos.

Above post is the response from you to the post created by SaintBishop.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

SaintBishop:

i thought that Ofoigbo said the people of bonny and Opobo are igbos.

Above post is the response from you to the post created by SaintBishop.
I said bonny is not Igbo, I never said there is no Igbo in Ubani.
read the link and stop arguing with me, u stand no chance when it comes to ijaw thing, I know ijaw history far better than u

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibani_tribe
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Openbusiness:
Just say you are from Bayelsa. This is not Calculus class na grin. Which tribe? smiley

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:

Just read the first sentence of that link and stop arguing unnecessarily

When Europeans say that Africans are intellectually lazy, most Africans jump into the nonsense called "racism". I could have edited the crap from Wikipedia any manner that I wanted which excluded the mention of "Boat people and European Porters" to the mix. Yet it is the silly line of your defense.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
read the link and stop arguing with me, u stand no chance when it comes to ijaw thing, I know ijaw history far better than u

Shut up your putrid mouth. I guess it is safe to say Aba is not Igbo. Even Igweocha is Ijo and Opu Obu (Opobo) is Ijo too. What is Opu obu in ijo? Pal. I was born and raised in the neighborhood in discussion. I know the original and unadulterated names of some of these places. Of course, Bonny, is an English word while Ubani is an Igbo word. I remembered when one dude in the same mold of character as you told us his grandfather was Igbo from Ezebudele, Asa Ukwa West LGA yet he is Ijo. How can a person's progenitor was Ashanti and suddenly the person becomes Ewe? I guess only in the shithole called Nigeria.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

When Europeans say that Africans are intellectually lazy, most Africans jump into the nonsense called "racism". I could have edited the crap from Wikipedia any manner that I wanted which excluded the mention of "Boat people and European Porters" to mix. Yet it is the silly line of your defense.
lol, is that ur favourite line, u know better than the info on wikipedia right?
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
lol, is that ur favourite line, u know better than the info on wikipedia right?

Do not be lazy, pal. Wikipedia can be edited seven ways to Sunday.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

Shut up your putrid mouth. I guess it is safe to say Aba is not Igbo. Even Igweocha is Ijo and Opu Obu (Opobo) is Ijo too. What is Opu obu in ijo? Pal. I was born and raised in the neighborhood in discussion. I know the original and unadulterated names of some of these places. I remembered when one dude in the same mold of character as you told his grandfather was Igbo from Ezebudele, Asa Ukwa West LGA yet he is Ijo. How can a person's progenitor was Ashanti and suddenly the person becomes Ewe? I guess only in the shithole called Nigeria.
when people start loosing an argument, the resort to insults.
I know nothing about Aba except that it is a city in Abia, I won't argue Aba with u.
Don't ask me what is Opobo in ijo, Ijaw as a tribe as many distinct dialect, u can't understand all, no body that I know of does
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 1:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

Do not be lazy, pal. Wikipedia can be edited seven ways to Sunday.
can u now give me a link that says otherwise.
U are now far better than wikipedia. lol
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by OfoIgbo: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:

cc: Dedetwo

You guys can create as many wikipedia pages to try and take over UBANI, which means The Richness of Land in Igbo. It will not work

In the book, a snippet of which is attached to my signature, there was nothing like IBANI there. The word IBANI came years or decades after that book.

In that book, there was reference made to Ijaw porters who came in from Brass. They obviously metamorphosed into the tribe you now call IBANI, which must be a corruption of the Igbo word for the town UBANI. Basically, IBANI is a recent coinage. The Ijaw element of UBANI (Bonny) and Opobo, were migrants from Brass. That's all.

Ngwa/Ndoki-Igbos own UBANI, and their royal family and the royal family of the Kalabari, are Igbo in origin. Facts don't lie

1 Like

Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
when people start loosing an argument, the resort to insults.
I know nothing about Aba except that it is a city in Abia, I won't argue Aba with u.
Don't ask me what is Opobo in ijo, Ijaw as a tribe as many distinct dialect, u can't understand all, no body that I know of does

Nope, I do not insult. Okay, for the sake of semantics, you wrote Bonny is not Igbo. Sure, it is English. However Ubani is neither English nor Ijo. Bonney is angelized Ubani. Ubani is Ngwa via Akwete.

1 Like

Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You guys can create as many wikipedia pages to try and take over UBANI, which means The Richness of Land in Igbo. It will not work

In the book, a snippet of which is attached to my signature, there was nothing like IBANI there. The word IBANI came years or decades after that book.

In that book, there was reference made to Ijaws who came in from Brass. They obviously metamorphosed into the tribe you now call IBANI, which must be a corruption of the Igbo word for the town UBANI. Basically, IBANI is a recent coinage. The Ijaw element of UBANI (Bonny) and Opobo, were migrants from Brass. That's all.

Ndoki-Igbos own UBANI, and their royal family and the royal family of the Kalabari, are Igbo in origin. Facts don't lie

Original word came from the Portuguese not Ijo.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by OfoIgbo: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

Original word came from the Portuguese not Ijo.

In fact in some very old English books, it is referred to as NEW CALABAR. So I agree with you. KALABARI couldn't have been an Ijaw
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
OfoIgbo:

In that book, there was reference made to Ijaw porters who came in from Brass. They obviously metamorphosed into the tribe you now call IBANI, which must be a corruption of the Igbo word for the town UBANI. Basically, IBANI is a recent coinage. The Ijaw element of UBANI (Bonny) and Opobo, were migrants from Brass. That's all.

Ngwa/Ndoki-Igbos own UBANI, and their royal family and the royal family of the Kalabari, are Igbo in origin. Facts don't lie

u can create ur own history, its not my business
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

Nope, I do not insult. Okay, for the sake of semantics, you wrote Bonny is not Igbo. Sure, it is English. However Ubani is neither English nor Ijo. Bonney is angelized Ubani. Ubani is Ngwa via Akwete.
u can create ur own history for all I care. I won this argument like Biden won Trump, bring another argument
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by OfoIgbo: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
u can create ur own history, its not my business

That book was written by an entirely neutral source from the UK. It was written before the word IBANI was coined. It is admissible in any court of law. No escape route for you here grin grin grin

It was written even before my great great grand father was born. It was written nearly a hundred years before Nigeria was created.

It was written before wikipedia, that can be edited by anybody.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

I am from bonny but I know nothing about them cos my dad is Kalabari and I spend 85% of my life in Kalabari and has only visited bonny once when my great grand mother died, Even at that, none of my relatives has ever claimed to be Igbo, they are all ijo and they live in bonny till 2moro. I am part of the Jumbo family in bonny. though I don't go there cos my paternal home is in Kalabari which I grew up from

1 Like

Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2020
OfoIgbo:

That book was written by an entirely neutral source from the UK. It was written before the word IBANI was coined. It is admissible in any court of law. No escape route for you here grin grin grin

It was written even before my great great grand father was born. It was written nearly a hundred years before Nigeria was created.

where is the book, care to give me a link?
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
OfoIgbo:

OK, I saw it on ur profile but didn't care to read it, u are not smart at all, u want to bring an argument from a page in a book without reference or book title.
Maybe I am talking to a waec candidate here.
I should have stick to Dedetwo , even though he doesn't have any reference to back up his claim, he won't be this foolish
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
u can create ur own history for all I care. I won this argument like Biden won Trump, bring another argument

What argument if I may ask? Every goon in the shithole called Nigeria probably know that Bonny is neither Igbo nor Ijo word. Even Kalabari is not ijo. In fact, I had to include Ama onye ana abo, the person whose compound is swept by the community on certain days. grin grin grin
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

What argument if I may ask? Every goon in the shithole called Nigeria probably know that Bonny is neither Igbo nor Ijo word. Even Kabalabri is not ijo. In fact, I had to include Ama onye ana abo, the person his compound is swept by the community. grin grin grin
Kalabari is not ijo, my own Kalabari? grin
Guy calm down, u no get wetin to argue.

let me enlighten u
U see ehn, the ijaw tribe has some sub that has their distinct language, we have the kalabari dialect in the ijaw tribe, we have the nembe, we have the okrika. U see me ehn, I will not understand Bayelsa ijaw but we are all ijaw.
Just because I don't understand Bayelsan izon doesn't make me a non ijaw

1 Like

Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
I am from bonny but I know nothing about them cos my dad is Kalabari and I spend 85% of my life in Kalabari and has only visited bonny once when my great grand mother died, Even at that, none of my relatives has ever claimed to be Igbo, they are all ijo and they live in bonny till 2moro. I am part of the Jumbo family in bonny. though I don't go there cos my paternal home is in Kalabari which I grew up from

The original name of European Porters from Akwapim-Togo region. Jumbo was derived from Ghana word Jebrin or Jibri. I really do not want to rain on your parade but the hidden facts must be stated at times.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
Kalabari is not ijo, my own Kalabari? grin
Guy calm down, u no get wetin to argue.

let me enlighten u
U see ehn, the ijaw tribe has some sub that has their distinct language, we have the kalabari dialect in the ijaw tribe, we have the nembe, we have the okrika. U see me ehn, I will not understand Bayelsa ijaw but we are all ijaw.
Just because I don't understand Bayelsan izon doesn't make me a non ijaw

Ijo was never an ethnic group until lately. Ijo was also derived from a Portuguese term meant for people who live by the Riverside. I guess you know how the name for the people of "Brass" came about to become.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

The original name of European Porters from Akwapim-Togo region. Jumbo was derived from Ghana word Jebrin or Jibri. I really do not want rain on your parade but the hidden fact6s must be stated at times.
the fvck do I care where it comes from, its a big family in bonny and that's what I wish to tell u.
Kalabari also has English names like West, Briggs, George, Bobmanuel, Jack, Georgewill
with notable people like JJ Tom west, Taribo west, lulu Briggs etc. Are u diverting this to how those English names came about? is that what we are debating?
i am tired jare, u are not making any sense again, Do have a nice day
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

Ijo was never an ethnic group until lately. Ijo was also derived from a Portuguese term meant for people who live by the Riverside. I guess you know how name for the people of "Brass" came about to become.
Do have a nice day, its difficult to try and reason with u
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by OfoIgbo: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
OK, I saw it on ur profile but didn't care to read it, u are not smart at all, u want to bring an argument from a page in a book without reference or book title.
Maybe I am talking to a waec candidate here.
I should have stick to Dedetwo , even though he doesn't have any reference to back up his claim, he won't be this foolish

You must be a kindergarten level kid.

You don't want to read the snippet, and you are here screaming that you need the name of the book.

If you had been smart enough, you would have seen the name of the book at the bottom of that snippet. " Culled from......... "

I will not mention the name of the book here, as your bots have banned me several times for mentioning it here. I know you want me to mention it, so that I will be banned. I know you Ijaws don't want that book known about. But I know of it, and in fact I have the full book.

That was specifically why I attached it to my signature, as that doesn't result in an automatic ban.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
the fvck do I care where it comes from, its a big family in bonny and that's what I wish to tell u.
Kalabari also has English names like West, Briggs, George, Bobmanuel, Jack, Georgewill
with notable people like JJ Tom west, Taribo west, lulu Briggs etc. Are u diverting this to how those English names came about? is that what we are debating?
u am tired jare, u are nit making any sense again, Do have a nice day

Pal, please begin to give a freaking hoot about who you are and where you hailed. When you do the stated, it will save you from public embarrassment. Nigeria is not a shithole for nothing.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

The original name of European Porters from Akwapim-Togo region. Jumbo was derived from Ghana word Jebrin or Jibri. I really do not want to rain on your parade but the hidden facts must be stated at times.
my reason of arguing with u was never to win anyway.
People here always call me afonja. If u come across such post, u can tell them I am not from the west. and with the little debate, I guess u are convinced
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

Pal, please begin to give a freaking hoot about who you ar and where you hailed. When you do the state, it will save from public embarrassment. Nigeria is not a shithole for nothing.
I can't know everything about everything, if I do not know how Jumbo came about, no one will kill me for not knowing. At least I know so much and I have even schooled u on some
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by Dedetwo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
dukeprince50:
Do have a nice day, its difficult to try and reason with u

Yes, it so because you do not know a jack.
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You must be a kindergarten level kid.

You don't want to read the snippet, and you are here screaming that you need the name of the book.

If you had been smart enough, you would have seen the name of the book at the bottom of that snippet. " Culled from......... "

I will not mention the name of the book here, as your bots have banned me several times for mentioning it here. I know you want me to mention it, so that I will be banned. I know you Ijaws don't want that book known about. But I know of it, and in fact I have the full book.

That was specifically why I attached it to my signature, as that doesn't result in an automatic ban.
lol, I just checked the name on Google, I wasn't convinced
Re: HISTORY. People Of Rivers State Protested Against Biafra In London In 1968.Video by dukeprince50: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dedetwo:

Yes, it so because you do not know a jack.
but I schooled u on "go to Niger" and a lil of the kalabari hiatory

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu 2023: Nsukka Youths Drum Support For Governor Ugwuanyi / National Assembly Supplementary Elections Have Not Been Fixed - INEC / I Pity Dora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.