Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. (5156 Views)

Charles Uwagbale: NDLEA Arrests Drug Lord, Recovers 12.4million Pills Of Opioids / Emir Hassan Attahiru: NAF Ignored Distress Call When Bandits Attacked My Domain / Lagos Policemen Respond To Distress Call Two Hours After Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2020
Greetings Nairalanders.
I have a Sister who lives in the UK and occasionally deposites money into her Nigerian First Bank Savings account for over 10years now.

I visited the ATM this morning to withdraw some cash for my Mother via my said Sister's ATM card but I got the shock of my life when I saw INSUFFICIENT FUND displaced.

I Thought it was an error, So I checked the Balance of the Account which was supposed to be over NGN4million but NGN 418.09k was all that's left in the account.

Note: She doesn't receive alert on that account, she doesn't use Ussd, she doesn't use Mobile App.
We only operate on the account via That ATM card which is always locked away by My Mother.

Please, Who know the steps to identify the cause of this and possible rectification.

We don't know what to do because the account owner is currently in the UK.

Admin Pls... Help push this to the front page
#Mynd44

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by RedPhoenix: 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2020
I'll Park here. Cruelty 4 Million
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by slawormiir: 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright .....

If you a niggarrr and you know who the first suspect is then you must be a real niggarrr

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by LordHiffy(m): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2020
she should first check her statement of account. That can be done online.

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Brandonx(m): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2020
grin you said the account has been looted!
Ya I think it's possible fraudsters have gained access to that account.
Sometime ago I received a fraudulent mail from one of my bank account I haven't operated for almost three years, I quickly called someone from the bank who did some background checks and told me my account has not been compromised although it's possible for fraudster to access your account using just your account number. I think he made mention of one app they normally use; zappers or something I can't really remember.
But all the same you can go drop a complaint at the bank.
It might even be an inside job.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Vision4God: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
This is serious.
Alert the account owner, let her send email or call first bank to request for her account statement, & get 2 know what's probably wrong

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by blackpanthar: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:
Greetings Nairalanders.
I have a Sister who lives in the UK and occasionally deposites money into her Nigerian First Bank Savings account for over 10years now.

I visited the ATM this morning to withdraw some cash for my Mother via my said Sister's ATM card but I got the shock of my life when I saw INSUFFICIENT FUND displaced.

I Thought it was an error, So I checked the Balance of the Account which was supposed to be over NGN4million but NGN 418.09k was all that's left in the account.

Note: She doesn't receive alert on that account, she doesn't use Ussd, she doesn't use Mobile App.
We only operate on the account via That ATM card which is always locked away by My Mother.

Please, Who know the steps to identify the cause of this and possible rectification.

#Mynd44

hurry to the bank o..... tell them everything then you need to go to Police and report also.

*At the bank and Police station... kindly let them know all the AtMs you have used that CARD with.... Because here in Lagos, I know cases like this started happening since 2-3 years ago, AtM were tweaked by yahoo boyz so every CARD inserted will be copied or cloned and your account will be wiped.

pls act fast

12 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by illicit(m): 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2020
You are the very first suspect....

Report at the nearest station if dem born u well cheesy

5 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2020
Thanks Everyone, my mother is her next of Kin, We will visit the bank tomorrow
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Jakumo(m): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2020
First Bank is Nigeria's oldest bank, having been established in the 1800s, HOWEVER, First Bank is currently owned and operated by certified criminals, who simply loot customers' accounts with impunity.

Be warned, using First Bank to keep anything greater than five thousand naira, is a terrible mistake. That bank WILL steal ALL your money, and the only variable, is how long it takes them to get to your account, for the usual looting until empty.

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by DasaintHope(m): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2020
If you've never been scammed before, you will never understand the reason why we discourage and hate Yahoo like we do.

Yahoo boys, quote me and die.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Afritop(m): 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
Maybe your phone got stolen. The Sim you use to register the account might have also been manipulated
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 6:20pm On Nov 16, 2020
Afritop:
Maybe your phone got stolen. The Sim you use to register the account might have also been manipulated

The phone wasn't stolen...
Infact.. my mother travelled to the UK last year... She just came back this September and she locked up that phone in her room b4 she travelled, it was also intact when she came back Plus the fact that I personally transfered 200k into that account last month(October)..

So, I don't think it's about that phone number
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by joinnow: 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:
Greetings Nairalanders.

#Mynd44

get the account statement
then you can trace who has been fingering the account

3 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by KennyLenz(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2020
If there can be evidence of deposits through bank statements, I think the situation can be salvaged, anyways let the experts take over.
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by writetopoker2: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2020
I think I should buy a piece of land here first before it gets expensive grin

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by LegendaryLover(m): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2020
oga pls go & see the branch manager of that bank asap

2 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by RenaissanceGuy: 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2020
Some of these things are perpetrated by their rogue workers. Go and report. You'll surely get your money back.

2 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by LegendaryLover(m): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:
Thanks Everyone, my mother is her next of Kin, We will visit the bank tomorrow

pls do so & give us update tomorrow

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by WantsandMore: 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
Meanwhile before the confusion gets to heavy requests f0r 3-6 month bank statement of accounts
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by psucc(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2020
Same happened to a teacher friend of mine. HIS TWO ACCOUNTS with FCMB we cleaned.

A text message (debit alert) shows a webpay when he knows absolutely nothing more than calls and text. Online? He is is a stark illiterate. Below are two alerts

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:
Greetings Nairalanders.

#Mynd44

Somebody must have gotten those card details someway or another and been running the card until it stopped working... the fact that you barely use it and don’t have online access or get alerts made it all the way worse... However I am curious as to why your sister doesn’t get email alerts even if she doesn’t get texts or have online access... No one should be that carefree about an account anywhere in the world... And if she doesn’t receive email alerts or texts or have the phone number or email registered to that account, to be completely honest, I do not think the bank would be able to do anything to help you because they would need to verify that she is the account holder and it would go beyond a phone call, but they would be able to send the statement to the email registeredh on the account. Your mums next of kin status means nothing especially cuz the account holder is still very much alive. Get the statement and go from there, however I hate to break it to you but there is no way you’d be able to recover that money bro... I lost close to 300k like this via GTB, all I saw on my statement was Flutterwave LANG* this was Feb 2019, till today I never see my money collect...

Best you can do is get the statement so you know where and how the funds were taken for closure... It’s possible someone got those card details when you used it last publicly

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Dididrumz(m): 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:
Greetings Nairalanders.

#Mynd44

Permit me to ask,

How much were You trying to withdraw from the ATM before you got the insufficient funds message?

We're You trying to withdraw 500k at once?

ATMs have a limit to dispense at once and I'm certain it's not even up to a 100k.

For an account with 418k you got an insufficient funds reply??

Your story doesn't add up unless You can clarify these.

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2020
psucc:
Same happened to a teacher friend of mine. HIS TWO ACCOUNTS with FCMB we cleaned.

A text message (debit alert) shows a webpay when he knows absolutely nothing more than calls and text. Online? He is is a stark illiterate. Below are two alerts

Your teacher friend is also a stark illiterate? What is he teaching then?

3 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by psucc(m): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
FlyHeight:

Your teacher friend is also a stark illiterate? What is he teaching then?
That's a topic for another day. Spare him for now and offer help on his plight of you have one.
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2020
Dididrumz:

Permit me to ask,

How much were You trying to withdraw from the ATM before you got the insufficient funds message?

ATMs have a limit to dispense at once and I'm certain it's not even up to a 100k.

Bros read his write up well and try to read twice; he said N418.09k (418 naira 09 kobo)

6 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Titovanzel(f): 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright .....

If you a niggarrr and you know who the first suspect is then you must be a real niggarrr

U mean the suspect is O to the Pizzy?
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2020
psucc:
That's a topic for another day. Spare him for now and offer help on his plight of you have one.

I even think your guys case is relatively easy to solve; the second transaction shows an airtime top up, get the bank to provide the number of the phone that was topped up and go from there; find out if it’s linked to someone’s BVN... You’re welcome, don’t get no police report or nothing because they will extort you and you won’t get far, just find a friendly banker and give him 10k, I guarantee you you get the persons BVN page print out. then you can organize how to get the person; the person may not be responsible but it will lead you to the right person

2 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
Titovanzel:

U mean the suspect is O to the Pizzy?

The OP is a suspect whether he likes it or not...

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Chummynoni(m): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2020
Dididrumz:

Permit me to ask,

i thought that i was the only one that noticed. You cant collect more than 40k @ a go. Maybe the dude wanted to withdraw 500k once. Lol. D guy Must be high on borno weed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Notorious Woman Who Beheaded Owl On Social Media Is Gunned Down / 10 Countries With Highest Rape Crime. Guess The No.1 Country / GORY! Woman Cuts Husbands Belly Open- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.