Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. (5145 Views)

Charles Uwagbale: NDLEA Arrests Drug Lord, Recovers 12.4million Pills Of Opioids / Emir Hassan Attahiru: NAF Ignored Distress Call When Bandits Attacked My Domain / Lagos Policemen Respond To Distress Call Two Hours After Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2020
Chummynoni:
i thought that i was the only one that noticed. You cant collect more than 40k @ a go. Maybe the dude wanted to withdraw 500k once. Lol. D guy Must be high on borno weed

Uncle if you read it properly you’d understand that he said 418 naira and 09 kobo, I can understand sha, a lot of you guys never had to write figures the right way before (N100.50k) is not 100k50 get it?!

6 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2020
Chummynoni:
i thought that i was the only one that noticed. You cant collect more than 40k @ a go. Maybe the dude wanted to withdraw 500k once. Lol. D guy Must be high on borno weed

And you can actually collect 40k at a go at some ATM machines, so calm your horses son

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Dididrumz(m): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
FlyHeight:

Bros read his write up well and try to read twice; he said N418.09k (418 naira 09 kobo)

Ok, noted.
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2020
FlyHeight:

Somebody must have gotten those card details someway or another and been running the card until it stopped working... the fact that you barely use it and don’t have online access or get alerts made it all the way worse... However I am curious as to why your sister doesn’t get email alerts even if she doesn’t get texts or have online access... No one should be that carefree about an account anywhere in the world... And if she doesn’t receive email alerts or texts or have the phone number or email registered to that account, to be completely honest, I do not think the bank would be able to do anything to help you because they would need to verify that she is the account holder and it would go beyond a phone call, but they would be able to send the statement to the email registeredh on the account. Your mums next of kin status means nothing especially cuz the account holder is still very much alive. Get the statement and go from there, however I hate to break it to you but there is no way you’d be able to recover that money bro... I lost close to 300k like this via GTB, all I saw on my statement was Flutterwave LANG* this was Feb 2019, till today I never see my money collect...

Best you can do is get the statement so you know where and how the funds were taken for closure... It’s possible someone got those card details when you used it last publicly

Mehn...
Am. Weak to my marrows
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2020
Dididrumz:

Permit me to ask,

How much were You trying to withdraw from the ATM before you got the insufficient funds message?

We're You trying to withdraw 500k at once?

ATMs have a limit to dispense at once and I'm certain it's not even up to a 100k.

For an account with 418k you got an insufficient funds reply??

Your story doesn't add up unless You can clarify these.

I was trying to withdraw NGN10,000 when I saw INSUFFICIENT FUND.

NGN418.9KOBO

2 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
Titovanzel:

U mean the suspect is O to the Pizzy?

Nobody will ever look my way in this kinda case...
No matter say I no get...
I no dey for petty stealing

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:

Nobody will ever look my way in this kinda case...
No matter say I no get...
I no dey for petty stealing

I get this bro, but you see in this life, there always comes a time when ones integrity would be put in doubt even before the ones that trust us the most... I can bet you that deep down in your sister or aunties mind, she feels as if you might have a hand in it, she might not outright come and accuse you but that thought would cross her mind at least once...

Also it’s like a case of a husband whose wife died in his house, regardless what happened until foul play is ruled out, the husband is a suspect
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:

Mehn...
Am. Weak to my marrows

Try to get your hands on that statement and find out if she gets email alerts then go from there... Also try to get friendly with a bank rep, perhaps someone at customer service or the in branch manager, I guarantee you 10k goes a long way with those guys... Don’t make it obvious you’re buying them off, just disguise it under an appreciative token, I bet you they will help you get to the bottom of it... Don’t waste your funds doing police BS until you have a suspect

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by brain54(m): 10:38pm On Nov 16, 2020
them collect money for your account...you no go bank go complain...you come nairaland come ask question abi? OK.
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Dididrumz(m): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:

I was trying to withdraw NGN10,000 when I saw INSUFFICIENT FUND.

NGN418.9KOBO

Yeah I later noticed.

Your sister should try and reach out to the bank to clarify the issue.

4Million is a whole lot o money.

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Emax911: 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
FlyHeight:

Your teacher friend is also a stark illiterate? What is he teaching then?

Tony Stark (iron Man)
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by EdoFirstBorn(m): 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright .....

If you a niggarrr and you know who the first suspect is then you must be a real niggarrr

You

You are a CRIMINAL Yahoo boy

Are you proud of yourself?

You see what your type has done to them?

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by EdoFirstBorn(m): 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
Bro to be frank ..
You are the main suspect

1. Who else has access to the ATMcard?

2. Have you in the last 3 months used the card to withdraw money from pos people?

3. Have you in the last 3 months used this atm to make payment for goods or services online or offline?

4. Does the account have web banking? If yes who has access? And who created the profile for internet banking?

5. To be frank bro, I feel you did this and are trying to indirectly know how you will be caught or get away with it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by David1017(m): 11:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:
Bro to be frank ..
You are the main suspect

2. Have you in the last 3 months used the card to withdraw money from pos people?

3. Have you in the last 3 months used this atm to make payment for goods or services online or offline?

4. Does the account have web banking? If yes who has access? And who created the profile for internet banking?

5. To be frank bro, I feel you did this and are trying to indirectly know how you will be caught or get away with it

detective fash
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by tellwisdom: 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
Those benin boiz don call your mama for atm number and pin. Ask her
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by TATALoAlaMu: 12:05am On Nov 17, 2020
Oruko omo lo n ro omo
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Otunana: 12:08am On Nov 17, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:
Bro to be frank ..
You are the main suspect

Deep thinker
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by surckerg(m): 12:59am On Nov 17, 2020
Hmmm, Na wa o
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by mkoabiola: 1:07am On Nov 17, 2020
Money don go...

So many procedures to recover d money
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by uvie66: 1:11am On Nov 17, 2020
Nigerians and thieving is like day and night...my policy is I Only put money I can afford to lose in Nigeria Bank.
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Starzdavid247(m): 3:32am On Nov 17, 2020
Yahoo boy are getting smarter every day while our banking system are not working on security of customer fund. Same issue happen to my sister which no one know her ATM PIN aside her using it to withdraw from POS twice and the third time she gave me the ATM card and pin to withdraw for her. Four day later a debit alert from intruder. Till date no way of recoverying the money. Since then she has block her account and decide not to used it again.
Debit
Amt:NGN68,360.90 Dr
Acc:122******002
Desc:POS/WEB PMT SAN FRANCISCO SAN FRANCISCO00U
Time:28/09/2020 13:12:40
Avail Bal:NGN40,354.52
Total Bal:NGN40,35
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Starzdavid247(m): 3:52am On Nov 17, 2020
Our banking security is getting loose. Only excessive charges and extortion they are good at. ATM maintenance fee, quarter ATM maintenance fee, postal stamp duty, SMS alert fee. Charges N26 for transfer of 1000 to 49000. N52 for 50000 and above but still yet will suffer fraud from their loose system which can be easily hack by Yahoo boys.

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by jrobbins: 5:03am On Nov 17, 2020
FlyHeight:

I even think your guys case is relatively easy to solve; the second transaction shows an airtime top up, get the bank to provide the number of the phone that was topped up and go from there; find out if it’s linked to someone’s BVN... You’re welcome, don’t get no police report or nothing because they will extort you and you won’t get far, just find a friendly banker and give him 10k, I guarantee you you get the persons BVN page print out. then you can organize how to get the person; the person may not be responsible but it will lead you to the right person

Friendly banker? The best he/she would do is get you the mobile number but going as far as giving the BVN print out is hard/wrong.

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Ebuka78: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2020
psucc:
Same happened to a teacher friend of mine. HIS TWO ACCOUNTS with FCMB we cleaned.

A text message (debit alert) shows a web pay when he knows nothing more than calls and text. Online? He is stark illiterate. Below are two alerts

It could be that someone made use of her phone to purchase airtime. It could also be possible that her credit card detail had been copied before. She might have revealed a code to them.

Let us be sincere, account cannot be wiped unless you revealed your details. Why don't people cover the numbers when entering their details especially on the atm page.

Some yahoo boys would just turn their phone camera one and would get details about people's pin, atm card number, and account number.

People should be sage.
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Chummynoni(m): 7:30am On Nov 17, 2020
FlyHeight:

And you can actually collect 40k at a go at some ATM machines, so calm your horses son
there is difference between (> and =) go Back sir and re-read my comment but read it slower now
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:
Bro to be frank ..
You are the main suspect

1. When I travel, My niece withdraws from the account on my mother's request... She is a second suspect after the bank shaa cos she did sumtin suspicious with that card in the past.

2. We have never used it at Pos terminals.
And I have not used that card for 4months now.

3. Never

4. Never

5. Mind yourself oh tongue
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by EdoFirstBorn(m): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:

1. When I travel, My niece withdraws from the account on my mother's request... She is a second suspect after the bank shaa cos she did sumtin suspicious with that card in the past.

3. Never

4. Never

Seems it's apparent who the culprit is. Arrest her and her boyfriend and you will recover what's left of your funds

1 Like

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by CrazyMan(m): 8:12am On Nov 17, 2020
My best guess is that it's an inside job.

Recently bank staffs have become more criminally minded. Just last month one called me and asked me to resend a pin he'll send me to the MTN number he called me with and claimed to be from my bank called my 3 names, my account number and asked for my card details that he wants to upgrade my account cos my bvn name and account name doesn't tally.

I asked him one simple question he couldn't answer...why will a bank call a customer with an MTN line. Don't they have a land line or can't they send me an email or text message like they always do? He hung up.

Truth is most people (and most likely your sister) might have innocently given out those vital information making it easy for the criminals to gain access into that account. Cos no criminal can gain access into your account without you assisting them in one way or the other.

3 Likes

Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by Nazgul: 8:16am On Nov 17, 2020
YourVILAGEpeple:

3. Never

4. Never

Hmmmm...there you have your first suspect
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 8:18am On Nov 17, 2020
jrobbins:

Friendly banker? The best he/she would do is get you the mobile number but going as far as giving the BVN print out is hard/wrong.

Again why I said FRIENDLY banker and I never said it was ethical but if he wants any hope of recovering that money that’s his only route, with the phone number that was topped up, he can trace the owner and go from there
Re: DISTRESS Call: My Sister's First Bank Account Of 4million Naira Is Looted. by FlyHeight: 8:21am On Nov 17, 2020
Chummynoni:
there is difference between (> and =) go Back sir and re-read my comment but read it slower now

I guess you and I are both guilty of reading things too fast, no vex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ugandan Police Pictured Squeezing Women Breast During Search Operation / 10 Of The Youngest Serial Killers In History / GORY! Woman Cuts Husbands Belly Open- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.