Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,192 members, 7,867,456 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

Why Am I Going Through So Much Pain As A Christian, Where Did I Go Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Am I Going Through So Much Pain As A Christian, Where Did I Go Wrong? (164 Views)

See The Perfect Reason Your Church Is Going Through Famine / Acts 2:44-45. A Wake Up Call For Today's Christian (where Is The Love?) / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Going Through So Much Pain As A Christian, Where Did I Go Wrong? by chinenye497: 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
This morning I received news that my little cousin who got married last year has delivered a bouncing baby boy. When I received the news, I had mixed feelings. Here I was waiting on God for a child for over fifteen years of marriage, and my cousin, who just newly got married, now has a child.

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t jealous, and I did not feel bad about the news. I just wasn’t happy that I have been praying for so long without a child.

So I asked God for the umpteenth time why I was going through so much pain as a Christian. Where did I go wrong? What is my offense?

So many of us ask God these same questions when we go through trials. We also want to know why God allows things like rape, murder, robbery, and so on to happen to his children. As I was pondering over this question, I remembered Abraham, Joseph, Hannah, and Job.

God never promised us a life full of enjoyment. That is why he says; Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him from them all.

God knows that we would go through trials and temptation as long as we live on Earth. That is another reason why he keeps encouraging us and telling us not to be afraid.

Abraham did nothing. He was a friend of God. Yet, he waited for twenty-five years. It took God twenty-five years to fulfill the promise which he made to Abraham. Do you know what it means to wait for twenty-five years? We are not talking about twenty-five days or twenty-five months here but twenty-five years.

In Joseph’s case, he was just a good daddy’s boy and a dreamer of which the dreams were from God himself. He did absolutely nothing wrong. But God was silent when his brothers plotted to kill him. God allowed his brothers to sell him as a slave as if that was not enough he allowed his master to put him in prison over a crime he did not commit.

What about Hannah? The bible says that God deliberately shot her womb. What was her crime? Nothing. But God shut her womb and allowed Penniniah to mock her.

Then about Job, the bible made us understand that he was an upright man. What baffles me in his case is that God was the one who mentioned him to the devil and allowed the devil to torment him beyond measures. They were no type of torment that he didn’t go through, and God sat on his throne and watched silently.

Click on the link below to read more

https://www.youthwinconnect.com/2020/11/16/why-am-i-going-through-so-much-pain-as-a-christian-where-did-i-go-wrong/

(1) (Reply)

Who knows a site for gigs for Nigeria / Nothing Versus Anything / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.