Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:36 PM

#EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days (575 Views)

CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower / Outrage Trails Hemp-Smoking Baby Video, Police Seek Info / Eromosele Adene: Court Grants #EndSARS Protester Eromz, N1m Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days by Trumpcard05: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
There was a mild drama at the Yaba Magistrate Court in Lagos on Monday as policemen attached to the State Criminal Investigation Department filed an application seeking to remand #EndSARS protester, Eromosele Adene, for an extra 30 days.

The policemen had last week arrested Eromosele in Ikeja and taken him to the police command headquarters and then transferred him to the Area F Command before detaining him at the SCID, Panti. He was last Monday flown to Abuja and detained for seven days before being brought back to Lagos on Sunday.

However, rather than charge him, the policemen secretly approached a Magistrate, O.A Salau, without the consent of his lawyer and applied for a remand order to detain him for an extra 30 days.

Eromosele’s lawyer, Mr. Tunde Jinadu, who was at the SCID, was told by policemen that his client was no longer in custody.

However, Jinadu immediately received word from concerned persons about what the police were up to.

Speaking with The PUNCH, he said, “We were not served. We were not called that he was being brought to SCID. An ACP told me they didn’t know where he was. This sharp practice of the police needs to stop. They just wanted to shut us out. That was how they flew him to Abuja last week without my knowledge.

Luckily, some good people informed me that he (Eromosele) had been taken to a magistrate court. Thank God I have a car. I was able to quickly arrive at the court.”

On arrival at the court, the policemen were said to have been shocked and wondered how the lawyer was able to get information on what was happening.

The lawyer added, “The police asked the magistrate for an order to remand him for 30 days despite the fact that he had already spent 12 days in their custody.

We tendered a medical report from Eko Hospital as regards the liver complication and immune system and we made an oral application for bail. And we notified the magistrate that he (Eromosele) had been moved from one detention facility to the other and one state to the other.”

The magistrate subsequently fixed the ruling for Tuesday.

https://punchng.com/endsars-drama-as-police-seek-eromoseles-detention-for-30-more-days/
Re: #EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days by Moferere: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
This government eehn.

Different nonsense and frivolous misbehavior every week.

You read some things and you develop headache immediately.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days by ambale(m): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2020
This government keeps complicating issues, the presidency needs to know some senses into the police at this time. They are fast losing all Goodwill that's if there is any left. The same thing you are accused of is what they are still doing.
Illegal detention, gagging of suspects, I doubt if the Nigerian police will ever be the same anymore.
Thanks to the incompetence of the police authorities.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days by GMBuhari: 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
This in itself is police brutality that we protested against

Corrupt judges who sell judgement

Corrupt police who wants someone as scapegoat

that was how they arrested someone , claimed the person shot two officers, did wuruwuru and sent him straight to prison

It was videos recorded by people (that actually proved the bullets the police men were shooting at the floor ricocheted and killed them) that saved that guy from being another innocent prisoner ,

Wickedness of the police is one of the reasons why we protested and this is still wickedness

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days by sapientia(m): 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2020
This present IG is very daft.

Nigeria police have always been silly but this is a new level.

What did he do?

They can't say.

They are just afraid the guy will sue them after all these.

And he will certainly do that.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days by belente(m): 5:14am On Nov 17, 2020
Nigerian government and police way suffering its citizens is very worrisome
Re: #EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days by helinues: 5:29am On Nov 17, 2020
His lawyers version of the story..

Let's hear from the police first.. undecided
Re: #EndSARS: Drama as police seek Eromosele’s detention for 30 more days by capitalzero: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2020
I think Erom has some evidences against police/army over lekki massacre or other thing. Police will not deploy all resources against an individual for just involving in endsars protest !! It is more than that. It is a way of silencing evidences.

(1) (Reply)

South-south Leaders Demand Public Apology From FG Over Botched Meeting / JUST IN: Supreme Court Affirms Election Of Bayelsa Governor, Deputy / Here Are List Of 40 Countries Experiencing A Recession In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.