Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo (13972 Views)

Who Among These Can You Trust With Your Money? / Lai Mohammed On EndSARS: We Have Met Demands, We Can't Go Beyond What We've Done / Ihedioha To Storm Okorocha’s Estate With “Citizens" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by IamRandy: 6:56am On Nov 17, 2020
Mordecai:
Yada yada yada.

The protests were peaceful.

Your government then introduced thugs to discredit them and give you reason to impose a curfew.
Your sponsored hoodlums attacked in places like Orile etc.
Your boyboy governor then invited soldiers to attack Lekki, the one place where the protests were highly peaceful and organized.
Your sponsored thugs went berserk. They turned back and lashed out.
Everywhere begins to boil.
You then tell us you're with us. You print out tweets and pose for the camera.
Then, after the dust settles, you call the protesters terrorists. You freeze their accounts and drag them to court using proxies.
While we still reel, you reimplement the electricity tariff hike you promised to backtrack on.
You renege on the promises already made to ASUU when you needed the young ones off the streets.
While we still groan, you increase the price of fuel, few months after you told us subsidies are over. What changed - the price of oil?

Were you not the one that promised us you'll fight to restructure the polity? Now, you would have none of it. You now tell us restructuring is no longer needed. Apart from your attaining the office of VP, what has changed?

Were you not the one that promised to reform SARS years ago. If that was done, would it have gotten to this?

Now you look us in the face and tell us you are rebuilding trust, when all you have ever done is stab us in the back.

Fine. We have heard you. And we have turned our back on you. Stab away like you've always done. What else can we do?

SIMPLE as ABC....you get sense!!!

Those that didn't go out to protest are the ones writing otherwise!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by dukeprince50: 6:56am On Nov 17, 2020
Ihatemumu:

mehn see the level follower set for our leaders, where their insignificance is acceptable, so deputy should just sit in the office?

Nigeria really needs restructuring and KPIs has to be set for leaders if you fail to meet up with key promises, you are sacked by the people.
The power allocated to a vice and deputy is very limited, he can't do more than what the constitution wants from him. except the president is not there
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Agbebakun22: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2020
Today is my birthday good Nairalanders should wish me well oo
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by dukeprince50: 6:58am On Nov 17, 2020
ibnzubair:

I don't think it's fair to use bad examples as an excuse to kick against youth leadership. There are such examples among the older people anyway.
Age is not a criteria for good governance, we have to look at personality.
I'll rather vote Amaechi than vote any of the SUG presidents in my school, back then when I was a student
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Franzinni: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2020
Ezmans:
trust a goverment that feeds it's citizens with bags of lies?
I am with you on that
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by dukeprince50: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2020
Gandollaar:
Lol even a goat will shine if they were Vice to a dullard. Idiagbon shined more than this.
The power of a vice and deputy are limited, he can't do more than what the constitution wants from him, except the president is not in office.
GEJ was useless until Yar' Adua fell sick, Namadi Sambo was useless through out
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Kayharry(m): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2020
dukeprince50:
Osinbajo for 2023, he is always speaking the truth.

No one should come and shout youths are taking over in my ear o. I have seen youths who held some leadership position and did nothing. Even SUG and faculty president are office of thieves, ordinary course rep back then in my school was so corrupt, we had to impeach him.
Ordinary protest, we begin loot shop, Make Osinbajo or Amaechi just contest, nothing will make me vote any youth that I know nothing of.
Age is not a criteria for good governance, we have to look at personality
you think they don't know the truth before? They know the truth to act the truth is the problem .vsnall talk to fool you u don dey shout osinbajo 2023 .
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 17, 2020
Always saying the right things. But there's this feeling it's not backed up by actions nor is it the official position of the government.
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by opribo(m): 7:19am On Nov 17, 2020
When trust is betrayed it is difficult to rebuild especially when a pastor is involved and the supporter of APC are treating the children of God like this, what did you do?
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Ijaya123: 7:23am On Nov 17, 2020
Stonerobaba:
Osinbajo again.....Always sounding like a motivational speaker. Plenty talks with no actions��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

What actions are you expecting from him?
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Glovoutu(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2020
Build trust amongst the 3 arms of govt first
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2020
Citizens' trust kill you there.
criminal bastards.
e no go better for all of Una.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by SmartPolician: 7:35am On Nov 17, 2020
TheRareGem1:

You don't have shame, calling number two citizen, useless and your Uncles and aunts are his mate o.

If he is useless, people won't call him to address some issues even when his boss is there and there are a few instances of this. {https://www.nairaland.com/6260596/endsars-need-rebuild-trust-citizens}

Sorry for the deities

You can never see people calling Yar'adua or Donald Duke unprintable names on social media.

Forget it: Respect is earned in public office

If you do the right thing, Nigerians are not hard to please.

They will lick the ground you walk on.

I don't know how this man expects rational people to vote for him in 2023 after going through this hellish and insensitive administration he serves as VP
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Oteikwu1(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2020
Do d citizen HV trust with Government?? All dis our leaders I don't know der think at time
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by israelmao(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2020
Trust once broken is hardly regained.
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 17, 2020
Why is this man always talking like an outsider?
Disgusting

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Muna4real(f): 8:13am On Nov 17, 2020
parkervero:
How are you going to build the trust?

By killing protesters smiley
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by LagosAirport: 8:16am On Nov 17, 2020
No you need to find justice for the murdered
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Germi9: 8:22am On Nov 17, 2020
Atalor
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by IMASTEX: 8:28am On Nov 17, 2020
You can't give what you don't have. Just pass your time & leave. The country needs fresh minds that aren't remoted by some greedy demons.
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Section1: 8:34am On Nov 17, 2020
#signpeacecorpbill so the youth can benefit o.
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by KingMack(m): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2020
Theranos:
Useless pastor always talking nonsense

I tell you brother..this wan go dey use grammar the oda one go dey Za fool Za feople
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by TemmyT002(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2020
Don't even bother.
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Gval123: 8:43am On Nov 17, 2020
MUMU MAN
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 17, 2020
Minjim:

He's still more useful than your entire family

Your entire generation has been rendered useless by this same satanic dwarf but you're too retardëd to realise because you're a lobotomized slave.

I curse the day your worthless father gave birth to you, animal. He should have just masturbated instead
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2020
okefrancis:

Who is useless? Is he your father that refused to teach you how to address elderly ones or who?

Your own father is a cursed maniac.

Anuofia

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2020
TheRareGem1:

You don't have shame, calling number two citizen, useless and your Uncles and aunts are his mate o.

If he is useless, people won't call him to address some issues even when his boss is there and there are a few instances of this. {https://www.nairaland.com/6260596/endsars-need-rebuild-trust-citizens}

Yeah fool

Your uncles, aunts and your entire family are just as useless as he is, shìt-for-brains
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by VEE2010(m): 8:52am On Nov 17, 2020
If this government were truly interested in building trust, it would have removed from its cabinet the known faces of deception and propaganda.
Can anyone in this group respond to a “Good morning” greeting from Mr. Lai without confirming the time if it is actually morning?
Other less evil men like Adesina, Garba, Enenche, etc. How do you think Nigerians can take these people seriously when they have already sworn not to tell the truth even in an opened incident.
I think this government must look for another meaning of trust because, the "Trust" we understand is absolutely lacking in their agenda.

Just to add in case:

*I woke up this morning with the following thoughts on my mind;*

*1. What suddenly happened to the Bring Back Our Girls movement? Have the girls returned?*

*2. Why has Dasuki not gone back to court to face charges for his "monumental" fraud since he was granted bail last year? Does bail mean all charges have been dropped forever?*

*3. Those who promised that they will expose the sponsors of boko haram as soon as they get into power, what are they still waiting for? Are the sponsors still elusive? 5 years down the line, we haven't heard the name or prosecution of any sponsor.*

*4. Where is Sadiq Ogwuche, the mastermind of the nyanya bombing and Kabiru Sokoto who was apprehended for the Suleija Catholic church bombing? Where are they?*

*5. When boko haram members "repent" and get rehabilitated, do they not mention their sponsors? Also, how do we monitor them to be sure they don't go back to rejoin the terrorists?*

*6. Where are we on the sensational NDDC / off mic exposure? Are the people just going to get away with such monumental fraud as exposed?*

*7. When will we see the report of the NNPC audit that was promised to be done within the first 6months?*

*Anyone with sensible answers to any or all the above is invited to help out. I want to emphasize the SENSIBLE please...*

#copied
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:56am On Nov 17, 2020
dukeprince50:
He is one of the vice presidents that has always worked hard for the country.
Vice does not do much work.
Some people no even know their deputy Governor

Which work is he doing please?
Would be grateful if you can shed some lights.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Maghan37: 8:56am On Nov 17, 2020
Theranos:
Useless pastor always talking nonsense
Anger in situations of this nature gets nothing solved. What he said about building trust is actually relevant in addressing the issues of today. There is an extraordinary high rate of mistrust btw the citizens and the govt.
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Ihatemumu: 8:58am On Nov 17, 2020
ok, thanks for clearing that up, didn't know this.
dukeprince50:
The power allocated to a vice and deputy is very limited, he can't do more than what the constitution wants from him. except the president is not there
Re: EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo by Emmadoc: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2020
TheRareGem1:

With this comment of yours, I can gladly say you are STUPID

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Halt Importation Of Food Soon – Minister / 2 Suicide Bombers Killed As CJTF Foil Suicide Attack In Borno Today(pics) / Abimbola Adelakun: Abba Kyari Owes Nigeria More Than The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.