Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) (39773 Views)

Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" / Surulere Super Shopping Plaza On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by MRSAWEDOFF: 5:24am On Nov 17, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0zuY37bcfI

There was a mild scene at Plot 413 LOBITO crescent WUSE II Abuja as members of Abuja developmental control sent their operatives in an earth mover to break into shops located on the ground floor of the shopping complex.

Though those recording the video claim that government wants to pull the whole structure down, people in the comment section of the twitter video who seem to be on the know of what's really going on claim that the management of the complex had defaulted to use the ground floor of the complex as parking space, but converted it to shops, this the need for developmental control to come and recover tye ground floor.

Source: https://twitter.com/Austinokai/status/1328424278765809667?s=19

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Lifestone(m): 5:56am On Nov 17, 2020
Its simply impossible for Nigerians to obey the rules. Who do us this way?
Now everybody is shouting demolition and nobody is asking why the complex was not built with approval or according to the appoved plans.
I saw a guy tagging Hillary Clinton, New York City was built strictly according to approved plan.
Lets hold ourselves accountable and then face our leaders.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by doggedfighter(f): 6:09am On Nov 17, 2020
I pity the shop owners.

The Landlord that defaulted hope he will compensate them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Dave0116(m): 9:46am On Nov 17, 2020
Sometimes I think Nigeria wasn't original created to be inhabited by humans but by animals hence this whole animalistic tenencies all the time. sad

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Brandonx(m): 9:46am On Nov 17, 2020
The heading of this thread is even misleading undecided
They must have told them bust as usual they have strong head now that one is busy shouting this is terrible. And I did not see in the video the goods that were destroyed.

19 Likes

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Axillary20: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2020
shocked
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by bouncin04(m): 9:47am On Nov 17, 2020
what form of fuckry is this angry
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by flemsy15(m): 9:47am On Nov 17, 2020
From my observation, I don't think they want to demolish the whole building, they would have gone for the pillars instead of the glasses. In order to manage road traffic, some areas in Wuse won't allow u to build a plaza of more than two or 3 storey building unless you have enough provision for parking space for customers that will visit the plaza.... Whichever it is, they should address it in a peaceful manner, whoever is at fault should correct his/her mistakes

4 Likes

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Phayzz(m): 9:47am On Nov 17, 2020

1 Like

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by ATEAMS: 9:48am On Nov 17, 2020
#EndAMAC

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by lagbonduku: 9:48am On Nov 17, 2020
Na both government & citizens get for hand in this country
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Ahmad62(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2020
This is insanity and pure wickedness....

1 Like

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2020
This should be the norm. Most houses springing up in tight streets in Lagos need this law too cause every car owner within the vicinity park their car on the street reducing the already narrow street to a corridor undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Segkem2013(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2020
Stop screaming as the columns are left intact. I'm sure a notice would have been served earlier. Most developers are greedy and tend to deviate from the approved uses. Most malls and plazas in Abuja lack adequate parking lot. They submit a drawing indicating the ground floor as parking lot and later convert them to shops during construction with shop owners and customers parking anywhere available.

13 Likes

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2020
May God help the Common man
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by ArewaWife(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2020
AMAC thieves has started again. I'm sure they noticed the place had been converted to shops earlier but kept collecting bribes. Now they want to demolish.

7 Likes

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by mar1juana: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2020
Anything fit shele for Nigeria
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by ibuildstuff(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2020
Lifestone:
Its simply impossible for Nigerians to obey the rules. Who do us this way?
Now everybody is shouting demolition and nobody is asking why the complex was not built with approval or according to the appoved plans.
I saw a guy tagging Hillary Clinton, New York City was built strictly according to approved plan.
Lets hold ourselves accountable and then face our leaders.
So that's why the govt should demolished the building with people inside.

Sometimes u may think u have sense but u really don't

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by AreaFada2: 9:50am On Nov 17, 2020
Jungle.
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Jiyke(m): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2020
Are people actually inside plaza, admist of the demolition?
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Donchris3(m): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2020
No story here,just government doing it's duties as enshrined in the constitution..
Wahala for who they disobey government..
Nigerians want development but are not willing to pay the price for her development..
When el rufai started demolishing houses in Abuja in those days people cursed him , there were tears..now no state can come and compete with ABUJA in terms of organization..

10 Likes

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by careytommy37(m): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2020
This is the height of wickedness grin
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by Shadysen: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2020
A jungle called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by joro10: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2020
But why laa
Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by uptimum123(m): 9:51am On Nov 17, 2020
If you won't follow the rules then the law will take its cause.

We shouldn't always think about profits alone

Ensuring safety of citizen's is one of the duty of the Government

2 Likes

Re: AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) by alizma: 9:52am On Nov 17, 2020
Stupidity is when you believe that there was no prior notice instructing the occupants or the owner of the building to vacate the place.
And I also want to say kudos to the tractor man and the team that visited the place marked for demolition. They were tactical enough not to hit on the structural part of the building like the Piller.
From my sincere judgement, the visit is to create the impression that the notice of demolition is real.
I do not support injustice but when a notice is served, try to be on the safe side by doing the needful.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Need Electric Car Jack Wheelspanner Pump As You Drive To See That Properties / Catholic Church, Market, Houses Collapse In Benue State. Many Injured / How Much Is One Bag Of Cement In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.