Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) (50278 Views)

Enugu State Government Demolishes Buildings In Centenary City, Residents Cry Out / Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by AsomStructures: 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ty0_KYBj8

Residents have lamented as Lagos State Government demolished no fewer than 13 residential buildings at the Ajao Estate area of the state.

The demolition which began on Friday has been blamed by the state authorities as illegal occupation, construction along pipeline and cited in close proximity to the Murtala International Airport, Lagos.

A viral video showed the demolition of the buildings carried out as a woman’s voice wailed that she did not pick anything out from her house.

The General Manager, Lagos State Building Control Agency, LASBCA, Gbolahan Oki, explained several reasons for the demolition on Friday, while briefing newsmen.

According to Oki, the buildings lacked required approvals and were cited around Airport restricted areas while some are cited on aviation fuel pipelines.

Oki, who described the situation as a disaster waiting to happen, expressed fear of possibile fire outbreak from the pipeline in future which he said could result in loss of lives and properties.

He said the builders also lacked required documents as approvals for construction in that area.

Source:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/video-tears-as-lagos-demolishes-13-buildings-at-ajao-estate/amp/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by helinues: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
Deterrent to others building without having government approval.

87 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by AsomStructures: 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
Make sure you make enquires on the following before you make purchase for that land so as aviod been in situations like this

Vendor's Root of Title, The capacity of the Vendor, Encumbrances, Vacant possession, Land Use, Town Planning Laws and Regulations, Family Land. ...
The doctrine of Lis Pendens (Pending Lawsuit)

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Jostoman: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
Politics of bitterness don dey inside their blood, LP win in presidential election still dey pain them.

110 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by helinues: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jostoman:
LP win in presidential election still dey pain

Everything shouldn't be about politics.

Should government overlook all those nonsense until people start to build house on the main road?

236 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Jostoman: 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2023
You have been in power for more than 24 years in lagos but what i know is that nothing last forever.

We understand Bat and sanwo.o bitterness if you check those place results in presidential election you will understand.

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by NOC1(m): 5:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jostoman:
You have been in power for more than 24 years in lagos but what i know is that nothing last forever.

We understand Bat and sanwo.o bitterness if you check those place results in presidential election you will understand.

Will you please keep quiet, in Nigeria we go against the law openly and still blackmail government openly. Have you had discussions with friends building on Government properties before?

The will tell you I am not the only one, before government will come I have realized my money. Everybody that built in green areas, redlines, reserved areas etc are aware.

The one that will shake Lagos one-day is Festac phase 11 (Abulado) any day FG remembers that area, cries and heartbreak 💔 😢 tears will be much, it will look like Elrufai demolition in Abuja.

I know you will say their is no warning. I am aware for the past 7 years FG have been warning them.

293 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Chinjo2: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
Before you build on that piece of land, ensure you get approval. Visit the GIS or ministry of lands and survey in your state to find out if that land belong to government or not.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by nifemi25(m): 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2023
None of the building demolished there will cost less than 40 million..... why not contact the ministry of land for enquiry on the land before you purchased..... at least you would have been informed if its government acquisition land .....millions just get wasted

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by DMerciful(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2023
Unquoting you
helinues:

Everything shouldn't be about politics.

Should government overlook all those nonsense until people start to build house on the main road?

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by helinues: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
DMerciful:
Houses that were marked as illegal in banana island, have they been demolished?

Yes, they started this week

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Satanistx: 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2023
Lone of the houses belongs to my cousin. I clearly told him that the location is bad but he was adamant. I told him his house will get destroyed in a maximum of 30 years. Now it already destroyed in less then 3 years. I hope they compensate the madafakas.
But me right here got no sympathy for morons and idiats

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by AmotekunSW: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
Them no dey hear word

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Authoreety: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
Tyr

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by pinkygurl(f): 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
Interesting but they should have given them ( all people sited on illegal/non government approved structures ) enough prior notifications to enable them evacuate their properties . This is not good

A viral video showed the demolition of the buildings carried out as a woman’s voice wailed that she did not pick anything out from her house.

4 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by JohnVianney: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
As from experience, once you start building without necessary permits in lagos, sooner than expected be sure to see a giant "X" marked with red paint on your fence as a stop work notification from the lagos state authorities, telling you that you can only proceed to build when they're satisfied that all necessary documents are available.

Please i need to be convinced on how it wasn't the case here and why some selected houses were destroyed and not all the houses lined up on the area they dubbed as "construction along pipeline and in close proximity to the Murtala International Airport, Lagos". Does it mean that the other houses situated in the same illegally occupied area on the same stretch of land which were not destroyed were built on air? I'm actually not understanding.

Please convince me on how this isn't a case of revenge or witch-hunt.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by onuman: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
",,,,the buildings lacked required approvals an----"
Gbolahan.
Lies from the pit of hell.

Nobody would build those magnificent houses without govt approval. Pay compensation to the owners or face protracted lawsuits.

This country can't be a Banana Republic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by dominique(f): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
Millions of naira worth of investment, hope the government will compensate them a bit sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by SultanOfAbia: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by NothingDoMe: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
Sad. I reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by adioolayi(m): 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
Building on FAAN land...you sef get mind

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Christistruth02: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jostoman:

10 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by deji17: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
Yet some people will want to blackmail govt with this.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by AmotekunSW: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
dominique:
Millions of naira worth of investment, hope the government will compensate them a bit sad

Compensate them for building on illegal land?
Why are you typing like Nwamaikpe?

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Jokerman(m): 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
Many houses are still going to be demolished especially those on water ways etc.....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by ipobarecriminals: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
sad Some people are very stubborn. Some still build their 🏠 under power line/high tension cable/NNPC pipeline. I knw some houses back there in Nigeria. Very lawless people. See waste of money sad shocked sad.There are still land in Ogun state,they won’t go there

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering / Meet Musa Usman, The Gateman Who Rejected House Offer For Borehole In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.