Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) (80456 Views)

Get Any POS Terminal Here / Please How Do I Get A Court Order For The Bank To Reverse A Transaction / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by kbright2(m): 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
gentlesinna:
. My brother knowledge is power..there are softwares that bypass OTP and your atm PIN
Fraudsters this days don't need ur pin or otp.
The only information they need is ur card details especially that 3 digit number at d back of ur card which is more important in there fraudulent act.
This is a capital No... I can volunteer my card for you to try this. No one I repeat can removed a kobo without your PIN. Those that fall victims are the ones that use their date of birth as their pin

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by kbright2(m): 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Psoul:

For security reasons, I will not go into details on how u can buy online without OTP. Some dirty minds are here and may use it wrongly.

For example, if you are in Nigeria and wish to buy from United States, there is no way their payment gateway can link with that of Nigeria. So they will not request for OTP when you want to make payment.
But you have to avoid sites like Aliexpress, Alibaba, Amazon, Jumia etc cos they are connected to almost all countries.

Buy Gift Cards and sell to vendors here in Nigeria. Most of them do not request for OTP.

What about buying Domain and Hosting and resell for money? This does not require OTP.

These sites and many others do not require OTP to make payment.

1 Big Basaket
2 Nearbuy
3 Grofers
4 Clovia
5 MakeMyTrip
6 Lenskart
7 Pepperfry
8 Dominos
9 My Gift Card Supply
11 Card Delivery

So please stop arguing that no online transaction can be completed without OTP.
Learn to believe that what you don't know exist.
So u mean they won't ask for pin too

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:29am On Nov 19, 2020
It is not possible unless you are with the phone to receive OTP, don't tell me you can use Cardio shit
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 19, 2020
everything in nigeria is fraudulent
nigerians always looking for a way to outwit and cheat each other cheesy
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 19, 2020
Donjazzy12:

No fraudster can take money from your account without your ATM pin.
says who?
if the fraudster is able to get those numbers in front of ur atm card and the three numbers on the back of ur atm card (CVC number)he could easily transfer ur money to another account or make online purchases with it
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by OgeFather(m): 2:03am On Nov 19, 2020
supportnija:

And you think if they something like that bank will not be aware, OP stop typing because you feel like typing, all these security are embedded in your ATM chip ,it will not bypass.

Oga keep quiet !
Early this year I was scammed of over 400k exactly the same way, I didn't give anybody my card details until that day and no OTP PIN was sent to my account no password or verification all I got was debit alerts

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by dangwarmai(m): 3:01am On Nov 19, 2020
lytech1:

Stop saying nonsense

If this is the case,ATM card will have been scrapped because no one is safe with what you wrote up there.

With this ur claim,not only POS attendant can dupe you. Your family and friends can also dupe you.
Unfortunately that's the truth.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by firfinch(m): 5:34am On Nov 19, 2020
supportnija:

And you think if they something like that bank will not be aware, OP stop typing because you feel like typing, all these security are embedded in your ATM chip ,it will not bypass.
That is absolutely correct, not all online payments required your ATM pin, I'm not even talking about fraudsters, I'm talking about legitimate sites, once you enter your card details, payment is completed. That is why it is very important you keep your card well.

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Psoul(m): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2020
kbright2:

So u mean they won't ask for pin too

Exactly. You are free to try buying something from any of the above sites and let us know if they will ask for either PIN or OTP
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Psoul(m): 7:52am On Nov 19, 2020
futurerex:
Pls. how can I spot scammers on dark web Thanks

My question back to you is;
Do you understand what you really mean by "Dark Web"

I think you should be asking how u can protect your information from bn sold on the Dark Web.

There are simple steps you can take to lower the risk of being a victim of financial fraud which mainly involve being vigilant when sharing any personal details online. It is also a good idea to check your bank’s policy when it comes to requesting personal data – most will never ask for a password or pin over the phone for example – so that you can spot unusual requests more easily.
Also try to learn about online identity protection.
Be sure of websites u log in to. Most sites that offer free access to some certain things are scammers' site.
Check if a site is secured or not. Sites that start with; https:// are more secured than those that start with http://.

There are many ways Scammers adopt to steal ur data and sell them on the dark web. You need to get urslf acquainted with most of the strategies and how to beat them.

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by 007koolstar(m): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2020
futurerex:
If he's to send you the OTP, what's the essence of this whole argument

Thanks for replying this zombies.... Na them no let this country move forward by sharing false information

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Ishilove: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2020
GEEBITE:
I have read lots of argument and submission on this topic. With my experience in banking and transacting across the globe.Your account can be debited online without PIN or OTP just by quoting the PAN numbers(16digits in front) and Security(3 digits) not concealed at the back panel of the card.

However it is impossible if you had visited the bank or through a secure channel to set up your ATM card linked to your account to request for OTP and PIN (preferably OTP) for online transactions. With that properly set up,no system can take money out of your account without this 2FA authorization.
Very informative. Thanks.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Casper21: 10:00am On Nov 19, 2020
nolywe:

won't they ask me to verify otp sent to his phone??

They dont ask for otp, only if u want to purchase a thing worth than a $100, then you'll be asked to verify your bank, which they will send a code to his number

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by StrikeThru: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
007koolstar:

5061021023478051 CVC*216* exp 10/21

Post the transaction here
Just saw this now. Kindly post the name on the card too
Hope say money dey there wella? No go dey stress me o
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by futurerex: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
StrikeThru:

Just saw this now. Kindly post the name on the card too
Hope say money dey there wella? No go dey stress me o
Why posting the name on the card He dare you all so prove him wrong. The only info you guys requested is what he gave EOD.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Emeka71(m): 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jodera:
the email and debit would just be that so so amount was debited and so so outlet.

No information or phone number about the person, no name about the person. How will you trace such person?
There should be alert which would carry the name and number of the person.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by BluntNigerian: 3:55am On Nov 20, 2020
supportnija:

With Card Name, Card Number, Expiry Date, and the C.V.V at the back,, large withdrawals can be made without any PIN or OTP...
You think I'm telling lies,, then enrol for Twitter Ads, or Facebook Ads, and you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Jodera: 6:32am On Nov 20, 2020
Emeka71:
There should be alert which would carry the name and number of the person.
Well, the one that wiped my Sister's 84k didn't have any name nor number
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Pmedia7787: 6:45am On Nov 20, 2020
007koolstar:

This is an interswitch or discovery card

Not suitable for international transactions

If you have a master or visa from

Gtbank

Sterling bank

Fidelity bank

Zenith bank

And many more

Your money will be removed to the last dot

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by SUPERPACK: 8:38am On Nov 20, 2020
007koolstar:

This is a Verve card by merely looking at the numbers, it will not work because verve cards are restricted to Nigeria only transactions. As such, it will not work on international sites that don't request OTP, safe.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by SUPERPACK: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2020
Casper21:

hahaha that's nice. But if you need 100% security to ur money, try opening a bank with First bank and demand for a verve card. Verve cannot be accessed for online payment
Wrong. Verve can be used online on websites based in Nigeria only. I do use my sister's verve card to load money into my Palmpay account. The only issue is that u will get an otp each time.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by BluntNigerian: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
007koolstar:

This card cannot be used to pay for Twitter Ads..
Twitter said that they don't support the Card-Type..
Have you tried using this card for international transactions before??
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by BluntNigerian: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
Casper21:

hahaha that's nice. But if you need 100% security to ur money, try opening a bank with First bank and demand for a verve card. Verve cannot be accessed for online payment
He himself cannot also perform online transactions, even if he wanted
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Goalnaldo(m): 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Raymond989:
For those that don’t believe what the op is saying, u can as well just leave a picture of the front and back of ur card. If u really confident you money can’t be remove without ur pin or otp, mk we try some experiment... I come in peace.
Abi oo grin I remember there was one time I purchased something online. OTP wasn't required. That was a one off Sha. I guess it's the website.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
The funny thing is none of those arguing against have snapped and posted their cards here.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by 007koolstar(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
BluntNigerian:
This card cannot be used to pay for Twitter Ads..
Twitter said that they don't support the Card-Type..
Have you tried using this card for international transactions before??

E remain make una tender dis card to devil.... But make una take am easy ooo. na experiment we dey do ooo.....cuz na every beep like this I don run check my acct balance

First it will not without the pin,second without the otp....like my comment earlier, have registered it to request those two. Be it Local or International Sites

Knowledge is power!!!

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Emeka71(m): 11:21pm On Nov 20, 2020
Jodera:
Well, the one that wiped my Sister's 84k didn't have any name nor number
Too bad .
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by BluntNigerian: 3:45am On Nov 21, 2020
007koolstar:

E remain make una tender dis card to devil.... But make una take am easy ooo. na experiment we dey do ooo.....cuz na every beep like this I don run check my acct balance

First it will not without the pin,second without the otp....like my comment earlier, have registered it to request those two. Be it Local or International Sites

Knowledge is power!!!
Please Register A VISA Card with the same Security, and drop the details of the Card here..
Let's do the experiment here too.
Thanks Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by nedekid: 7:41am On Nov 22, 2020
Habeyy:

And why didn't you report the fraud back then in UK
Because , according to financial laws what you just mentioned here is FRAUD...
see ,it is good to keep people updated
But some of us are also aware of some basic cyber security measures
It was not fraud. I got the parts I ordered. Just that they did not need all the security details I thought was required for my card to be debited.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by nedekid: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2020
kaymart:

Good morning...
I hope you weren't defrauded by this transaction though?
The reason why I decided to message you is this... You once stayed in the UK, so why come back to Nigeria. A lot of folks here keep saying that the mkm by they leave Nigeria shore that ain't coming back ever again. So, why sis you prefer Nigeria....esp at this point in this economic hardship.
Pls oblige me
No oh..
I cannot remember saying I stayed in the UK. Or atleast never been a long time resident as I am not British. Invariably that means it will be illegal for me to stay and not return after a visit.
Anyway this transaction was done by me searching online from here in naija for necessery parts suppliers in the UK. Then placing my order which was delivered by ups.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by somudo: 2:20am On Aug 03, 2021
Freemason1:

I am not a fraudster but I can take money from your card without your pin in less than 10 minutes.
please how can you do it?I was scammed by an bad customer when managing a pos business for my sister and I forgot to give him his Atm,can you help me do it incase there is any money in the Atm

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Meet Precious Nwosu, The CEO Of Pians Enterprise / Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / How Do I Track Items I Bought From Aliexpress Using China Post Air Mail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.