Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Of Gej And Buhari: Pdp And Cpc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Gej And Buhari: Pdp And Cpc (739 Views)

Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly / Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail / ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Of Gej And Buhari: Pdp And Cpc by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 18, 2011
I have noticed that most ardent Buhari supporters dion't really give me enough reasons to pitch tent with them, the same reasons they conjure for me not to vote for GEJ, I also find in Buhari,

Reasons such as doing away with PDP.
GEJ has surrounded itself with rogues and Godfathers.
GEJ is too slow, clueless, corrupt, etc etc, has all been raised as reasons why Buhari is the expected messiah,
"If we forget our past we are doomed to repeat it", that's one adage from George Santayana----

To be very honest is PDP different from CPC.----, Is CPC a party of ideologist while PDP a party of crooks,
from my own candid point of view I see both parties as the same-- the exposure of PDP in its affairs even makes it much better off than the CPC, CPC is made up of former members of PDP and ANPP, and these folks never contributed anything while in power, CPC has its own internal crisis like PDP, the choosing of their chairmanship position was just like that of the PDP--- selective and against the constitution of CPC, but they'd be the first to castigate PDP.

http://www.transparencyng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3113:tony-momoh-emerges-cpc-national-chairman&catid=67:politics&Itemid=151

The same Buhari who is against zoning, allowed zoning in his own party--

Buhari and other supporters of the party at a convention committee had ‘provisionally’ zoned the slot of Chairman to South-South zone of the Country, with Mr. Momoh, who is from Edo State in mind.

But the Ahamba faction, at a press briefing held last week, maintained that the decision of the Buhari camp was against the constitution of the party. The Constitution they argued, is silent on zoning.

Mr. Ahamba at the press briefing in Abuja told journalists that the choice of a zone for the chairmanship slot was “against the wishes of the majority in the CPC”.

So why castigate PDP when CPC does exactly the same thing, people accuse PDP of imposing candidates, the same thing abounds in CPC

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103020931.html

On Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, Alhaji Muhammed Abacha contested and convincingly won the gubernatorial primary of the General Muhammadu Buhari-Ied Congress for Progressive Change party (CPC), in Kano State, where he polled a total of 144, 066 votes to edge Brigadier-General Jafaru Isa into second place with 78,617 votes.
Rather than bow to the wishes of the teeming party faithful who braved the odds to cast their votes for the candidate of their choice, the national leadership of the party chose to play Brutus with the overwhelming endorsement of Muhammed Abacha for reasons best known to it when it submitted Jafaru Isa's name to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), in Abuja as the party's governorship flag bearer at the April elections.

Moh'd Abacha must have been an excess baggage to them but why did the leadership of the party decide to rob him at first, he was lucky he had the courts to run to and get his freedom, a process made possible by the rule of law which the PDP led government which they'd love to criticise made possible.

coming to GEJ and Buhari, of the two candidates GEJ stands heads over Buhari in maturity and conduct during this presidential campaign, seriously to be frank can Buhari really contest with GEJ on a debate platform, apart from promises which both would reel does Buhari understand the complex nature of economics needed to run the country, can he properly articulate economic figures, though I'm against GEJ for backing out of the debate by NN24--I don't see him trouncing GEJ when it comes to articulating plans based on facts and figures. If folks say GEJ is corrupt, Buhari is also corrupt-- the case of the "53" suitcases still hangs over his head and he has never for once come out to debunk it. I hear stories of GEJ being clueless-- funny because during the reign of Buhari-- he showed that same trait, instructing soldiers to beat up traders to reduce prices of foodstuff is surely a clueless attempt in bringing down inflation-- was Buhari really the hero we all sing about--- Nope, Idiagbon was. Buhari was the weak link in his governement, the WAI was a brainchild of Idiagbon and was fully enforced by him, If Idiagbon never travelled to mecca IBB would never have had the guts to overthrow that regime.

THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION.

most die-hard Buhari fans use this as a selling point for Buhari's candidacy--- please and please we are in a democracy not a military regime where the president can just order anyone to be thrown into jail, the law must take its course before someone can just be thrown into jail. If Buhari should become president is he going to order his anti-corruption czar to just arrest anyone indiscriminately, what we need are not strong men but strong institutions, if the institutions aren't strong Buhari can't fight corruption too.

(1) (Reply)

A Tale Of Two Job Men / Former Minister Seriki, Others Defect To Acn / Monarch Accuses Firms Of Importing Foreign Rats, Cats!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.