Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States (5974 Views)

Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - VANGUARD / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH / Jonathan Pledges 2 Million Jobs Annually If Re-Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by LagosBoy1: 10:18am On Mar 18, 2011
March 18, 2011 01:31AM

President Goodluck Jonathan in Dutse on Thursday promised to ensure that all the 36 states have a domestic airport, if he is elected in April.

Mr. Jonathan, who is the PDP presidential candidate, made the promise while inaugurating 500 housing units built by Governor Sule Lamido's administration.

"If I win the election, within my four years in office, I will establish domestic airports in all the states without airports.

"We will work with the state governments to achieve that and Jigawa will be our focal point," Mr Jonathan said.

He said the airports would boost economic activities in the country.

The President commended Mr. Lamido for the development projects executed within four years, saying that the quality of those projects were of PDP standard.

In his remarks, Mr. Lamido said the housing estate was named after the former governor of defunct Kano State, Abubakar Rimi, to immortalise him for his selfless service during his administration before Jigawa was carved out of Kano.

Back

Dear Reader.
While we value your feedback we may block inappropriate comment. Please feel free to respond to new comments. Note also that 234NEXT bears no responsibility for what readers post and is not liable for any form of impersonation.
reader comments (9)

Posted by TATA on Mar 18 2011
i thought we were planning mass transit or a national railway interconnected transport mode, that's okay, we had to offer dutse something, their emir is a gentleman,

Posted by Nkem on Mar 18 2011
We need infracstructure, electricity, cleam water, good roads, and job opportunities and you are here talking about airports. What is wrong with GEJ?

Posted by Nike ao on Mar 18 2011
The politically motivated construction of irrelevant and unviable airport continues! God, give us LEADERS!

Posted by Wilson Mark Ogbuiyi on Mar 18 2011
This is a brilliant idea but a bit cheesy, this should not be a thing if Iam elected, rather a plan in his concept irrespective of winning or not, Iam a very strong supporter of Jonathan, all his jobs till now are fine and i sugest he equally add up seaports to any state that has a big sea. this would also help reduce unemployment aswell as reduce the congestion in certain states like lagos which will also have a positive impact on road transportation and reduce crime aswell.

Posted by Dongo on Mar 18 2011
Airport for each state,what is wrong with EBELE

Posted by Ope on Mar 18 2011
Is itt not where it is profitable you will site an airport? Why has the airport in ibadan not been successful cos of it is too close to lagos which has an airport. This is another reason GEJ is not the man development is not a political game.

Posted by flipmode on Mar 18 2011
this so called GEJ lacks merit and vision to move this country forward is sitting new Airport going to solve the common man problem on the street. Nigeria Priority are electricity,security,food,health care,employment Etc this guy don't know what it takes to develop this country.

Posted by Eldra on Mar 18 2011
First, he talked about setting up more universities while the existing ones, including my school, UI are underfunded and lack basic infrastructure. Now he is talking about opening airports in all 36 states of the federation. What happened to the Benin Ore Road, a good campaign material? Ima, my friend should be able to guide him in his choice of campaign promises!Haba!

Posted by Babs on Mar 18 2011
COnsistent show of inconsistence in thought and plans. So you'll simultaneously build mass transit rail, cargo rail and airports in the states. Even if the airpors are not profitable? Even if there is no power to run them? Even if no airline wants to fly there? Nonsensical

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5683957-146/jonathan_pledges_to_establish_airports_in.csp
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Bawss1(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2011
Lagos Boy:

March 18, 2011 01:31AM

President Goodluck Jonathan in Dutse on Thursday promised to ensure that all the 36 states have a domestic airport, if he is elected in April.

Mr. Jonathan, who is the PDP presidential candidate, made the promise while inaugurating 500 housing units built by Governor Sule Lamido's administration.

"If I win the election, within my four years in office, [b]I will establish domestic airports in all the states without airports.
[/b]

A tall and unrealistic pledge.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Demdem(m): 10:58am On Mar 18, 2011
wrong move again GEJ
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Arosa(m): 11:01am On Mar 18, 2011
A functioning modern train network system is more important than airports SIR GEJ. Consentrate on that, how many peeps can afford to fly? sad
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by otokx(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2011
He has not been able to fence the existing ones and pay the communities compensation for their land then he wants to build more.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by ekubear1: 11:22am On Mar 18, 2011
No airport in Ekiti State. Write us a check for the amount you'd spend on the airport, and we'll use it on roads (or whatever else should rightly be at the top of the priority list.)
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

No airport in Ekiti State. Write us a check for the amount you'd spend on the airport, and we'll use it on roads (or whatever else should rightly be at the top of the priority list.)

Thank you!

As much as I hate going thru 4 other states just to get to my beloved state (Ekiti), we have more important things on our minds than an airport.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Phrankve1(m): 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
This guy keeps showing to Nigerians on a daily basics how incapable he is on taking Nigeria to its deserved level
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nosyke(m): 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
the roads in Aba(the theoritical Japan of Africa) are night mares and very horrible to behold, GEJ please use part of the money for the airport to fix those roads, it will be more useful to Abians
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by PeeDaVinci: 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
honestly, i m still wondering how jonathan reasons and i question his knowledge about growth and  development. how is an airport in a state going to help many of the states in nigeria to develop?? which airlines will be flying the airports? whose interest will the airport serve   (politicians or the state)? instead of airports, a promise a 5 - 10 km light rail(tram) system in every state capital will do.  think he needs a fashola to advise him on his plans and policies.

btw, this jonathan of a man is making me to think that there should be a law which states that anybody aspiring to be president must have stayed in one first world country for at least six months
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Phrankve1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
To think i even thought of voting for him,

BB ALL THE WAY
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ/SAMBO ALL THE WAY
OUT OF ALL THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA, WHO SPENT 4,8,12 OR EVEN 16 YEARS IN OFFICE (INCLUDING BLACK BERRY).
GEJ (ONLY ONE YEAR) SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY PERSON!!!
THAT HAS VISION FOR NIGERIA
ISSUE OF FUEL SCARCITY IS THE THING OF THE PAST,
POWER SUPPLY HAS IMPROVED,
BUHARI WAS BUSY THEN,FIGHTING TO SECURE SHARIA IN THE COUNTRY
ABACHA,THAT ONE NA PROPER THIEF!!!
IBB,HISTORICAL JUNE 12,GOLF WAR ETC
AND ALL THE HAUSAS GOOD PERFORMANCE IN OFFICE ARE EQUALS TO GEJ ONE YEAR IN OFFICE
PATHETIC
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by rhythyson: 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2011
the roads in Aba(the theoritical Japan of Africa) my hand no dey oooo tsunami and eathquake may visit Aba ooo grin grin grin

well leave GEJ alone he has the write to say anything even the impossible, he knows it including the funny first lady grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by blacksta(m): 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ no get sense at all  - the guy just open gara and chat nonsense -  Does he conduct any feasibility studies before embarking on any project  - so a state like Osun and Ogun will have independent airports.   Square pegs trying force itself into a round peg hole.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by friedrice1: 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2011
With 1 full year in office as President Jonathan has failed to fix[b] Benin-Ore[/b] Road.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by ekubear1: 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Thank you!

As much as I hate going thru 4 other states just to get to my beloved state (Ekiti), we have more important things on our minds than an airport.

There is an airport in Akure, less than 40 miles away from Ado-Ekiti.

If we built an airport in Ekiti, it cannibalizes business away from the one in Akure and makes both airports sickly and weak.

If there were an excellent road from Akure to Ado-Ekiti, you can make that drive in under 1 hour.

That to me seems a way better use of resources than building an airport.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by edimalo(m): 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
I'm beginning to get irritated by GEJ's statements. everywhere He goes it's always stupid statements not practicable in order to win votes.
Someone needs to tell him He's becoming to look like a clown. Imagine Him having interviews with D'Banj.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by ekubear1: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
BTW, for those using this to bash GEJ. . . well, Buhari foolishly promised the same thing too  grin

It isn't just GEJ alone proposing this bad idea. Both of them are.

We should just lobby against it, and educate everyone on why it is a bad idea.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by 702: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
, walks in, 'yawns', walks out
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by koyuid(m): 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
Describing GEJ as clueless is an insult to clueless people grin
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Kaboo4sure: 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2011
it go beta
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2011
These guys have ran out of ideas,

what is airport x 36 states again? Empty strategy, this man is devoid of ideas,

We are not talking about harnessing our waterways, building a replica of the SA train system,

Look GEJ Nigerians are more aware today and we can no longer e fulled by your biscuits!
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by dayokanu(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
We need airport in Kebbi State to transport our cattles to grazing field
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by SSaemoenl(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2011
Fix the road and the railways first. Not everyone is comfortable to fly on air.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by bjgoke: 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2011
36 airports !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shocked
We ain't mumu, but ain't surprise he said that in Dutse.
What have we (not GEJ alone) done to maintain the existing airports, the Transport system generally.

Oga oh It does not always pay to have a golden togue unless one has the ability to hold it
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
dayokanu:

We need airport in Kebbi State to transport our cattles to grazing field

That's Agro Cargo airport, the best achievement of my state Governor Gbenga Daniel in Ogun for farmers in his hometown.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by jmaine: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
fried-rice:

With 1 full year in office as President Jonathan has failed to fix[b] Benin-Ore[/b] Road.

One of the most silly remark i have seen so far . wondering why Buhari with the billion dollar PTDF chest he sat on did not deem it fit to repair the road way back before it got to this deplorable state.Am sure you are not aware that the FG has taken measures to repair that road by giving a concession to a private developer . criticize constructively and not just for the sake of fried rice.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
Na airport we go chop? whatever happened to steady power supply. For someone who's name is Goodluck, the guy is sure clueless.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by ekubear1: 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2011
mohumyta:

That's Agro Cargo airport, the best achievement of my state Governor Gbenga Daniel in Ogun for farmers in his hometown.

Isn't rail and roadway far far cheaper?

Air is a REALLY expensive way to transport goods.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by konkolok: 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2011
Chai, na who dey mix shekpe for bros Jona, e no go better for am at all at all.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by jason2010(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

GEJ/SAMBO ALL THE WAY
OUT OF ALL THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA, WHO SPENT 4,8,12 OR EVEN 16 YEARS IN OFFICE (INCLUDING BLACK BERRY).
GEJ (ONLY ONE YEAR) SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY PERSON!!!
THAT HAS VISION FOR NIGERIA
ISSUE OF FUEL SCARCITY IS THE THING OF THE PAST,
POWER SUPPLY HAS IMPROVED,
BUHARI WAS BUSY THEN,FIGHTING TO SECURE SHARIA IN THE COUNTRY
ABACHA,THAT ONE NA PROPER THIEF!!!
IBB,HISTORICAL JUNE 12,GOLF WAR ETC
AND ALL THE HAUSAS GOOD PERFORMANCE IN OFFICE ARE EQUALS TO GEJ ONE YEAR IN OFFICE
PATHETIC

@Johnpaul2k2
Nigga I aint seen light in 3 days. What power improvement are you talking about? where do you live? Obviously not in mainland lagos. You need to be on ground to see what we dey go thru for 9ja before you runoff your mouth. Do yourself a fovor and vote BB
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by blackchief(m): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2011
The only thing Mr. presido never promises, Na to marry for every able body Nigerian man, if he win the election. GOD HELP US ALL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. / Buhari’s Anti-graft Policy, Marred By Double-standard - PDP / “jesus Was Not Crucified” 1500-year-old Bible Confirms (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.