Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States (5985 Views)

Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - VANGUARD / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH / Jonathan Pledges 2 Million Jobs Annually If Re-Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Exponental(m): 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2011
Lagos Boy:

March 18, 2011 01:31AM

President Goodluck Jonathan in Dutse on Thursday promised to ensure that all the 36 states have a domestic airport, if he is elected in April.

"If I win the election, within my four years in office, I will establish domestic airports in all the states without airports.

"We will work with the state governments to achieve that and Jigawa will be our focal point," Mr Jonathan said.- y focusing on Jigawa since it is meant for all states. I title dat : BOBO

Posted by Nkem on Mar 18 2011
We need infracstructure, electricity, cleam water, good roads, and job opportunities and you are here talking about airports. What is wrong with GEJ?- I no no oooo

Posted by Wilson Mark Ogbuiyi on Mar 18 2011
This is a brilliant idea but a bit cheesy, this should not be a thing if Iam elected, rather a plan in his concept irrespective of winning or not, Iam a very strong supporter of Jonathan, all his jobs till now are fine and i sugest he equally add up seaports to any state that has a big sea. this would also help reduce unemployment aswell as reduce the congestion in certain states like lagos which will also have a positive impact on road transportation and reduce crime aswell. - Pls tell him

Posted by Dongo on Mar 18 2011
Airport for each state,what is wrong with EBELE- CONFUSION

Posted by flipmode on Mar 18 2011
this so called GEJ lacks merit and vision to move this country forward is sitting new Airport going to solve the common man problem on the street. Nigeria Priority are electricity,security,food,health care,employment Etc this guy don't know what it takes to develop this country.- He follows orders. No vision

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5683957-146/jonathan_pledges_to_establish_airports_in.csp

Airports in all states. (did he mean to say car parks).
Capital intensive program at the same time within 4 yrs. Wat will happen 2 other NECESSITIES

With these words from GEJ, I think he is Confused. They are not mare political statements but the Man is really Confused. His RAM is exhausted. Booting is now difficult, I think his processor needs to be worked upon too.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by yorker: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2011
president JOKER all the way! I'll advise Mr Joe to be contesting for the NITE OF A THOUSAND LAUGH instead of this! smiley a dey laugh.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by boycottam: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
Bleep jonathan. He's out of touch and friggin clueless

www.twitter.com/boycottdbanj

Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by BigPhil(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
And people are supporting this man to be president.GEJ is devoid of ideas and it seems that he is also suffering from eclipse of reason.Infact  he has reinforced my belief that he is not adequately equipped to rule this country.How can a whole PhD holder open his mouth and talk without rhyme and reason.

I can't wait for April.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by ak47mann(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
illeke-idi
neve knew you will pose for me tongue tongue tongue see chest tongue tongue you look HOTT grin grin grin grin grin thank sweety tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by alphonsok: 3:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
m jonathan is unrealistics with his promie.i think he should be busy on how to solve the existing problems like electricity, infrastructural development rather making emty promises that can not be fulfill in 20yrs
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
Now I am confused . . . . . While I believe this is a great idea and a way to help revive the North and all other 'remote' State and economies in the country, I have to ask now . . . whose idea was this initially? Are they now copying each other's memo's or something?
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2011
Airports are commercial entites, if there is no air traffic, the airports becomes a huge drain and waste, it makes no commercial sense to build an airport in damaturu when maiduguri aiport in 45 mintues away and even maiduguri doesnt get daily flights due to low airtraffic. Building an aiport in damaturu is a pure waste and drain to the economy
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Arosa(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
maybe we should all go and fly kite there "airports" undecided
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
Arosa:

maybe we should all go and fly kite there "airports" undecided
LOL, i can imagine airports in Lafia and markudi, The airports in Benue and Minna are tourist sites because there is no air traffic, so basically we will be building more liability. Personally i didnt get his decision to build an airport in Bayelsa, it is a politcal not economic decision, Bayelsa is 45 mins from Port and the airtraffic from Bayelsa is low. I remember once the former Governor of Sokoto had to be paying for flights to be coming twice a week because they ususally had an empty plane
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by mrofficial(m): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2011
All this are not for the commoners, they are doing it for themselves. Please build the [size=14pt]ROADS[/size].
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by sochan: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
I have heard worse, but on the priority scale, this is way down.
Let us start by fixing our raod network which is practically crumbling before us. The single most inportant road in the country (Benin-Ore) is a death trap.

Like Aisha2 makes the point, the air-traffic simply isnt there, it will end up being a total waste. See whats happening in Delta state, the Phucking short-ugly-thief of a Governor cant even complete the damn thing.

Let us stop wasting money on stupid projects. Oga Goddy you would have made better sense by establishing a Federal Hospital of Excellene in every state. Nigerians are dying of perfectly cureable ailments everyday, he is here talking about airport.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by follyg: 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2011
Must GEJ lie all in the name of campaigning. He should have added that the Presidential fleet will be plying all the new route when all the airports are completed. Of what economic importance will airports in all the states be? what is the earning power of the people in the state to afford trips by air? where are the planes that will fly the route? what are the incentives that his government have given to airlines already in the industry to sustain sustainability before thinking of expansion. By the day, GEJ keeps dissappointing me with his utterances and honestly doubt is intellectual capacity.  The airports that are on ground have cows and rams doing beauty pagent parade on the run way causing mishap everyday and that has not been sorted out. Lagos-Ibadan, Benin-ore road is in a state of anomy (according to Obahiagbon) even after our dear Madam Minister shed crocodile tears on the state of the road. Oga presido, kindly shut up ur mouth if u dont have anything to say and not insult our common sense further because we are crying at the state of the nation already
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2011
sochan:

Let us start by fixing our raod network which is practically crumbling before us. The single most inportant road in the country (Benin-Ore) is a death trap.

Like Aisha2 makes the point, the air-traffic simply isnt there, it will end up being a total waste. See whats happening in Delta state, the Phucking short-ugly-thief of a Governor cant even complete the damn thing.

Let us stop wasting money on silly projects. Oga Goddy you would have made better sense by establishing a Federal Hospital of Excellene in every state. Nigerians are dying of perfectly cureable ailments everyday, he is here talking about airport.
My brother last year i was on mr presidents page everyday for two months begging for a kidney center, posting necessary information and back up documents, estimates and breakdown for a kidney center, begged and pleaded that just a portion of the anniversarry spending be used for a kidney center, the whole of Nigeria has no National kidney treament center haba, only one is in maiduguri and the is state owned but for where we spent 16 million for a series of failed celebrations we have forgoteen about the anniversarry now but we have no national kidney center which would have been a landmark achievement. Same thing with this airports, another bunch of waste
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Donmeca(m): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
Airport in every state? Is it just campaign or has GEJ (my man) 4goten d problem Akwa Ibom and Cross River states have cos of airport? We don't need airports in every state brother president (we need motorable roads and a functional rail system. . .connecting towns and states). Who will fly if not the affluent? this will leave a vast majority suffering on the roads. Who is advising my candidate on this type of promises?

From Eku_Bear
BTW, for those using this to bash GEJ. . . well, Buhari foolishly promised the same thing too  Grin

It isn't just GEJ alone proposing this bad idea. Both of them are.

We should just lobby against it, and educate everyone on why it is a bad idea.

I like this Eku guy! This is why I was asking questions on the type of change Buhari is preaching. . .from frying pan to fire? To me, there will be no change at all, and if there is, it definitely won't be positive. I don't want retrogressive change. . .instead let me stay with d status quo (which GEJ is even trying sooo hard to move away from)
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by nex(m): 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
Obviously, GEJ gives a lot of thought to everything he says or does in public, however, even though he speaks fairer grammatically than his wife, he is just as intellectually challenged.

Benin-Ore road is there. I travelled it in December and January, several trucks and luxury buses fall off the sides of the road trying to maneuvre valleys in the middle of the road.

next thing, he'll tell us that he wants to establish Aso Rocks in every state of the federated.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by nadabo70(m): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2011
First I thought GEJ is humble and honest as a person but only being derailed by PDP political jobbers and sycophants that

surrounded him. But now I know better, He is not only clueless but appeared to be desperate as well.First it was University

for every state and now airport for every state that has none? What happened to underfunding of existing universities ?

Doesn't he know what is happening to the airports at Akure, Ibadan, Ilorin, etc. He has no plan for this nation but just

wants to be president for the record like Atiku or that spoiler Shekarau.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by ekubear1: 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
^-- Politicians make silly promises all the time right before elections grin grin grin

Don't take them seriously.

I highly doubt Jonathan would really do this; it is too foolish.

He said it while in Kano. It is probably just to get northern support. Maybe northerners like building airports or something, rather than stuff that will actually help them.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by amumex: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
I am laughing.well this is not the first time we are hearing promises and pledges
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2011
SSaemoenl:

Fix the road and the railways first. Not everyone is comfortable to fly on air.

The NRC has been working since the last administration on rehabilitating the Rail system . . . road is another thing but air can be added to the mix, for those of us who prefer to fly everywhere we can. grin
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by manny4life(m): 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2011
No offense yall but it does seem like your president seems to lack focus, Airports in 36 states, for real?

How about intercity / commuter rail of at least 7 to 15 stops in each state?

More so, the river areas, how abut encouraging and boosting sea ports for commercial use?

Perhaps, the most important, ROAD networks , I'm sure that will suffice above the other two.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by tlops(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
why do we need 36 more airports, or what is a state like jigawa going to do with airport?

our road networks are (like Pat Utomi's friend put it) infringement to human rights.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by meine: 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2011
At this rate, Jonathan should promise to raise my dead grandma and i will vote him==== Walahi

Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by jason2010(m): 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
sochan:

[b]Let us start by fixing our raod network which is practically crumbling before us. The single most inportant road in the country (Benin-Ore) is a death trap.[/b]Like Aisha2 makes the point, the air-traffic simply isnt there, it will end up being a total waste. See whats happening in Delta state, the Phucking short-ugly-thief of a Governor cant even complete the damn thing.

Let us stop wasting money on silly projects. Oga Goddy you would have made better sense by establishing a Federal Hospital of Excellene in every state. Nigerians are dying of perfectly cureable ailments everyday, he is here talking about airport.

Sochan, this road was supposed to be fixed by an Edo PDP godfather by name Tony Anenih. The contract amount was 350 billion naira. He turned around and donated half of that amount to OBJ's campaign. He actually produced a proof of that donation to OBJ during some hearing. That's why that whole issue about that road was swept under the carpet. Point blank, GEJ would probably give the contract back to Anenih again, and the same circle of events will repeat itself. The bottom line is that no airports are gonna be built, no roads are gonna get fixed. Quality of life will continue to go south. To sum it up, VOTE BB
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by bokmal(m): 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
I was in Nigeria in December 2010 and flew through Abuja Local & International, Lagos International & Local (including MM2), Jos and Kano airports! All of them were in one state of disrepair or another. Since the already existing airports look very shabby, I find it hard to believe that new ones can be constructed and maintained. Oh Nigeria! I weep for you!  cry
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Abuse: 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2011
this is the most a trash.he should delete that idea.we don't need airports in 36 states.for god sake who is advising gej?we always think of phd holders as advisers cos they would give you the worst.gej has no plan for nigeria.well,april polls will tell if he can get there.things will change in nigeria soon for the better!!!
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by kunlekunle: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
he was only making political statement. after election you'll see him do a right turn on this issue.
its a common statement in politics
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Afam4eva(m): 7:05pm On Mar 18, 2011
Chei, GEJ is as dumb as they come.Of all things it's airports that are more important.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by dominique(f): 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2011
I've been waiting for the time i will be able to take a 3 minute flight from MM2 to my hometown in abeokuta, nice thinking GEJ wink
but seriously where did this fellow get his phd from? prolly some riverine uni in bayelsa. If this dude was white he'd be blond.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by elvymoore: 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
i think we need a change.there is no blueprint for development on ground with dis PDP government.its jst d same game, come OBJ,come Yaradua,come Jonathan.they all are members of d same team.they shoot towards d same goal post.d same pattern of game they will always play.thats why all those bad people that ve defrauded us are always on d bench to clap for whatever d person in d pitch is playing.i can remember when i was younger around 1989 and early 1990s,electricity supply was better than now when claims of investing and generating more funds and megawatts respectively are made.if u go to Abuja,most of these big government offices and politicians have different types of big soundproof generators that can work for two months non-stop.so dont just think they care about us.they only rememba and come to us when elections are approaching to get our votes wit or without our consent.as a graduate u cant boldly walk into any office to seek for employment based on ur credentials.all d good jobs are meant for those whose friends or relatives are in government.u are nobody if u dont ve those contacts.thats why our psychology of the importance of hardwork is dwindling as d day passes by in dis country.
As d elections come nearer,make up ur mind.vote for change.dont vote for ur tribe or religion.all those things dont really matter.your tribeman or person of same faith with u can ruin ur own life and the future of ur children,even d unborn ones.let us not continue to wallow in d same mistake.if pdp cant get it right in 12years,i strongly believe they wont get it right now.if Jonathan & yaradua,anenih etc in advising their fellow party member(OBJ) during his term,could not compel same(OBJ) to do d right thing, if also OBJ,anenih &jonathan could not make yaradua to do d best for Nigeria while he was president, how do u think or believe that now d same OBJ,Anenih and other pdp members will be there to allow or compel Jonathan to do d best for this nation if re-elected.simple logic.think before u decide.God bless Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by hackney(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
bokmal:

I was in Nigeria in December 2010 and flew through Abuja Local & International, Lagos International & Local (including MM2), Jos and Kano airports! All of them were in one state of disrepair or another. Since the already existing airports look very shabby, I find it hard to believe that new ones can be constructed and maintained. Oh Nigeria! I weep for you!  cry

Didnt see much wrong with the Abuja Local & International airports.
(unless u r comparing it with terminal 5 heathrow)
undecided

If GEJ really said that, then he is a fooli.sh village man fascinated with airports.
Re: Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
Does the man have advisers at all? I'm getting a bit worried about him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? / Emeka Offor Donates Some Of His Billions To The Poor / Baraje, Oyinlola, Others Sue PDP, INEC Over Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.