Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,276 members, 7,826,078 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Share Your Remote Job Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Share Your Remote Job Experience (528 Views)

My Funny Odd Job Experience / Have You Ever Been Humiliated For Visiting Your Crush? Share Your Experiences / Ladies Share Your Experience Nacking A Guy With Big Joy Stick(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Remote Job Experience by Juicethekid: 8:46am On Nov 18, 2020
it has been on my mind to create this thread beacuse i see mose nairalanders ask questions about Remote jobs
Please share your experience from how you got the Interview and how convinient is it for you

Drop your experience
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by pulsa(m): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2020
I’m assuming you are a software developer.

Check remote job boards for jobs that are listed as remote(earth) or remote(100%) very important, as most remote jobs are remote(USA/Canada/Europe).

Apply to as many of them as you can, updating and personalizing your cv each time to each job post, use a service like resumake.io to accomplish this.

Then you will have to progress through interview stages (either take home project or hacker rank test, then a zoom call, and maybe one other interview) of the companies that reply back with interest. Note most companies don’t even reply and most of the replies you get will be negative but keep your head high and keep applying sooner or later you will be getting interviews.

Also keep track of how many interest you get if you get one call back from 10 application that means you need to apply to roughly 50 companies to get a job as even an average programmer should be able to scale through at least 20 percent of companies interview process.

The experience? Well each experience is unique but the first month is you trying to adapt and all, after that you should get the hang of it.

Remote job boards:
Remote-developer-jobs.com
Remotive.io
Stackoverflow jobs
Weworkremotely.com
Havkernews(whoishiring) monthly thread
You can find more online

Best of luck to you if you have any other question I’m happy to answer.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by Juicethekid: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2020
pulsa:
I’m assuming you are a software developer.

Check remote job boards for jobs that are listed as remote(earth) or remote(100%) very important, as most remote jobs are remote(USA/Canada/Europe).

Apply to as many of them as you can, updating and personalizing your cv each time to each job post, use a service like resumake.io to accomplish this.

Then you will have to progress through interview stages (either take home project or hacker rank test, then a zoom call, and maybe one other interview) of the companies that reply back with interest. Note most companies don’t even reply and most of the replies you get will be negative but keep your head high and keep applying sooner or later you will be getting interviews.

Also keep track of how many interest you get if you get one call back from 10 application that means you need to apply to roughly 50 companies to get a job as even an average programmer should be able to scale through at least 20 percent of companies interview process.

The experience? Well each experience is unique but the first month is you trying to adapt and all, after that you should get the hang of it.

Remote job boards:
Remote-developer-jobs.com
Remotive.io
Stackoverflow jobs
Weworkremotely.com
Havkernews(whoishiring) monthly thread
You can find more online

Best of luck to you if you have any other question I’m happy to answer.
wow intresting thanks for your contributiom
Are you a remote worker?
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by pulsa(m): 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Juicethekid:
wow intresting thanks for your contributiom
Are you a remote worker?

Used to be, now I have a startup of my own.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by zoer(m): 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
I have worked in a whole lot if remote areas.....Zamfara(Bagega,Sunke, yagalma, Dareta etc) Bagega LGA.
Maidugur (Bama 2016, Pulka 2017, Rann 2018-2019.

Ethiopia, chad, South Sudan.

In case you doubt me am a medic with Medicines sans Frontier Spain(presently) Thou i had worked with the French and Holland section too.

Working in remote areas is fun.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by Juicethekid: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
pulsa:

Used to be, now I have a startup of my own.
cool how do you apply and how did you get interviewed
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by Juicethekid: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
zoer:
I have worked in a whole lot if remote areas.....Zamfara(Bagega,Sunke, yagalma, Dareta etc) Bagega LGA.
Maidugur (Bama 2016, Pulka 2017, Rann 2018-2019.

Ethiopia, chad, South Sudan.

In case you doubt me am a medic with Medicines sans Frontier Spain(presently) Thou i had worked with the French and Holland section too.

Working in remote areas is fun.
Wow how did you got interviewed?
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
OP what did you smoke? Is this the right section to post this? undecided
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by Juicethekid: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2020
Activist001:
OP what did you smoke? Is this the right section to post this? undecided
Go and ask your father that question
as if the people that commented has 50 heads
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience by MiQui: 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2020
The Business Hub is an enterprenual and business team of " 10 CONTENT WRITERS " working onboard a project to establish a chain of business ventures through a working from home-styled participation.

We seek more individuals to take up positions on our team and like you to consider participation.

We are looking for interested and willing persons to be a part of this team.

Your roles will be to write articles & produce a variety of them

You'll be trained to meet up with the necessary roles that's required of you.

You'll learn new insights, skills & ideas that will prove inestimable to you even after this project.

Remuneration is 1 Million Naira payable at the end of the engagement.

If you like to participate, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thanks for reading

(1) (Reply)

10 Signs You Are Not With The Right Person / / Why is the Entertainment industry full of Gays And Lesbian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.