Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa (64090 Views)

Namu Central Yam Market: Fire Razes Yam Market In Plateau (Pictures) / Fire Guts Otukpo Market, Benue State (Photos) / Fire Outbreak In Otukpo Main Market Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by blizz5ive(m): 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
snowland:
Chai, see biz opportunity. How I wish I fit get someone reliable to manage this for me..

Abeg how much does it cost to buy an average sized tuber in Lagos?

08126618429 whatsapp me. I am resident in Benue and Zakibiam Yam Market is a few kilometers from my village.

1 Like

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Momcherry(f): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
rita25:
i supply from biam direct inbox me for details......i am a proud ayatutu woman

Why not create a thread for it, I think many here will be interested, me inclusive

2 Likes

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by MiddleDimension: 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
without the north we are dead. the south is overrated. north is the supplier of food
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by MiddleDimension: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
without the north we are dead. the south is overrated. north is the supplier of food

I decided to quote and respond to you because it looks like you are genuine.
please do not listen to those people who say benue is not north and that it is more south.
these people are actually biafrans and misguided christians.

the biafrans, you know how they go about claiming everywhere and everyone even though those people do not want them. they do say benue is not north so as to divide and weaken what they call fulani hegemony. all the reasons they give are completely flawless. because they are not too different from boko haram with their closed mind, only believe something different, is the reason i will not join issues with them here and argue this topic.

as for the Christians, these people are only misguided by their pastors and so they hate Islam and the Hausa/Fulani people. but bear on mind that these sort of Christians hardly have a knowledge of history and anything, hence they are easily deceived by their pastors. you can see how daddy freeze knocks them in the head with facts, which they cannot refute.

Benue is north! what is north is actually the part of the country that use to be the British protectorate of Northern Nigeria. and what we call south is actually the part of the country that use to be called the British protectorate of Southern Nigeria. So from this definition, Benue is North!

The Biafrans who say Benue is not north often point to the fact that majority (not all the people) of the indigenes of Benue are Christians. But does that fact mean that the place is not North? When has the definition of what is North and what isn't be a function of the religion of a people? The poor idea of Muslim North/Christian South, is just what it is...a myth!

If that were to be the case, can we say states like Taraba and Plateau are not North? what about Nasarawa, Niger, Abuja or Adamawa, all of which have a substantial Christian population? In fact, like Benue, Taraba and Plateau as well as Abuja have more than 80% of their indigenes as Christians! We should say they are not North too?

These people, Biafrans, are obsessed with the Idoma people, claiming they are related to the Igbo and actually came from the Igbo ethnic group. Every time I hear this, i just laugh!
While it is true that the two people sometimes share names and some words, those names and words are just few at best and are nothing but an indication that these two people are neighbours. This is also the reason why the part of Idoma land where people have share few names, and words and maybe market days, is actually the part of Idoma land they call enone (the southern part). that so-called similarity with the igbo decreases the further you move into Idoma land to the other part, Enochi (the northern part). It is important to note that the Idoma language is COMPLETELY UNINTELLIGABLE to the Igbo man! What i mean by that is: if two people Idoma people are seated and there is an Igbo man among them, they can SO EASILY SELL THE IGBO BY SPEAKING ONLY IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE.

Just as there are some words Idoma and Igbo share, so also the Idoma and Hausa people share words too. the Idoma word for Sunday, Onion, Orange, Donkey, and many more words. should we now say the two people are related? Incase you do not know, the only people in the world that can claim any sort of ancestory and history with the Idoma people are the Igala; and you do not hear them make all the noise claiming the Idoma people like these Biafrans are doing! If you understand Idoma, the Igala man cannot sell you completely speaking Igala and vice versa! the two people are so close, they share almost all things, including the old Kwararafa kingdom! Those people who are so quick to tell you Benue is not north, are not as ready to tell you Kogi too is not north. Why is that? because the Igala people, who are politically the strongest ethnic group in that state are half muslims and half christians.

Those people who keep deluding themselves that Benue is not North and that the people there share some political sympathy with the south or the east in particular, should remember how the state voted in 2015 when they rejected Jonathan for Buhari.

important to note again is the preference of Idoma people to prefer Abuja to Lagos as their place for greener pasture. Just as there are prdominantly Idoma communities in Television in Kaduna state, Nyanya/Mararaba in Abuja, and similar places in the other parts of the North, there are no such equivalent in the south or in the east in particular. the people also prefer fellow Northern Universities to southern Universities. the only reason why you find some of them in the south is mainly due to serving in the military or other paramilitary forces like the police or custom etc.

Btw, below are the Och'Idoma of the past. the first picture is that of Ogri Okoh, then we have Ajene Okpabi and then the present one Elias Obekpa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by charlesucheh(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
know your geopolitical zones today.

Benue is not a Northern state...oga! can you call kwara, north
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by JONSYN7154: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
Nmezor, you see yam? Like seriously I owe you some yams from Benue my state.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
Mhurfhy:
Next time you include the state

True...benue state
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by bayocanny: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
rita25:
i supply from biam direct inbox me for details......i am a proud ayatutu woman
Where in biam are you.

I'm in konshisha
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by nuelyoyo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Blessed3434:

Pay after delivery.... No regret...
Hello, please how can I contact you?
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by bayocanny: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
ahnie:
it's not as easy as you think......
they ve several toll gate levy points....and it's very frustrating.
yams are cheaper there no doubts..but the aforementioned is the problem.

You're on point.
Those produce are so annoying
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by nuelyoyo(m): 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
Karmatyra:

Hey Victoria,long time no see,for you I can send 20tubers for free. my christmass gift. you just pay the way bill and carry.
Hello, I am based in Abuja. I am considering the yam business, though still do the feasibility study, please how do I contact you?
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Nmezor(f): 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
JONSYN7154:
Nmezor, you see yam? Like seriously I owe you some yams from Benue my state.
Wow,so many... Pls way bill some to me biko
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by bayocanny: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hahahaha. My girl. You too muuach. cheesy

I have sent you a PM.

Waybill na small thing.

Be careful, don't deal online. TIV people are somehow dubious. I'm in Benue, I know them very well, the business is not lucrative the way you see it.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Biafrannuke: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
MiddleDimension:

I decided to quote and respond to you because it looks like you are genuine.
please do not listen to those people who say benue is not north and that it is more south.
these people are actually biafrans and misguided christians.

the biafrans, you know how they go about claiming everywhere and everyone even though those people do not want them. they do say benue is not north so as to divide and weaken what they call fulani hegemony. all the reasons they give are completely flawless. because they are not too different from boko haram with their closed mind, only believe something different, is the reason i will not join issues with them here and argue this topic.

as for the Christians, these people are only misguided by their pastors and so they hate Islam and the Hausa/Fulani people. but bear on mind that these sort of Christians hardly have a knowledge of history and anything, hence they are easily deceived by their pastors. you can see how daddy freeze knocks them in the head with facts, which they cannot refute.

Benue is north! what is north is actually the part of the country that use to be the British protectorate of Northern Nigeria. and what we call south is actually the part of the country that use to be called the British protectorate of Southern Nigeria. So from this definition, Benue is North!

The Biafrans who say Benue is not north often point to the fact that majority (not all the people) of the indigenes of Benue are Christians. But does that fact mean that the place is not North? When has the definition of what is North and what isn't be a function of the religion of a people? The poor idea of Muslim North/Christian South, is just what it is...a myth!

If that were to be the case, can we say states like Taraba and Plateau are not North? what about Nasarawa, Niger, Abuja or Adamawa, all of which have a substantial Christian population? In fact, like Benue, Taraba and Plateau as well as Abuja have more than 80% of their indigenes as Christians! We should say they are not North too?

These people, Biafrans, are obsessed with the Idoma people, claiming they are related to the Igbo and actually came from the Igbo ethnic group. Every time I hear this, i just laugh!
While it is true that the two people sometimes share names and some words, those names and words are just few at best and are nothing but an indication that these two people are neighbours. This is also the reason why the part of Idoma land where people have share few names, and words and maybe market days, is actually the part of Idoma land they call enone (the southern part). that so-called similarity with the igbo decreases the further you move into Idoma land to the other part, Enochi (the northern part). It is important to note that the Idoma language is COMPLETELY UNINTELLIGABLE to the Igbo man! What i mean by that is: if two people Idoma people are seated and there is an Igbo man among them, they can SO EASILY SELL THE IGBO BY SPEAKING ONLY IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE.

Just as there are some words Idoma and Igbo share, so also the Idoma and Hausa people share words too. the Idoma word for Sunday, Onion, Orange, Donkey, and many more words. should we now say the two people are related? Incase you do not know, the only people in the world that can claim any sort of ancestory and history with the Idoma people are the Igala; and you do not hear them make all the noise claiming the Idoma people like these Biafrans are doing! If you understand Idoma, the Igala man cannot sell you completely speaking Igala and vice versa! the two people are so close, they share almost all things, including the old Kwararafa kingdom! Those people who are so quick to tell you Benue is not north, are not as ready to tell you Kogi too is not north. Why is that? because the Igala people, who are politically the strongest ethnic group in that state are half muslims and half christians.

Those people who keep deluding themselves that Benue is not North and that the people there share some political sympathy with the south or the east in particular, should remember how the state voted in 2015 when they rejected Jonathan for Buhari.

important to note again is the preference of Idoma people to prefer Abuja to Lagos as their place for greener pasture. Just as there are prdominantly Idoma communities in Television in Kaduna state, Nyanya/Mararaba in Abuja, and similar places in the other parts of the North, there are no such equivalent in the south or in the east in particular. the people also prefer fellow Northern Universities to southern Universities. the only reason why you find some of them in the south is mainly due to serving in the military or other paramilitary forces like the police or custom etc.

Btw, below are the Och'Idoma of the past. the first picture is that of Ogri Okoh, then we have Ajene Okpabi and then the present one Elias Obekpa.
Biafra must really be disturbing you to make you write this rubbish heap of detail.

Majority of those telling you to your face that Benue is not north are the Benue people themselves. Anyone who has been to Benue knows that.

Yes! idoma are very well related to Igbo as well as Igalas.

Stop deceiving yourself with that chieftaincy picture. It was an imposition of northern native authority system by the British.

1 Like

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
bayocanny:

Be careful, don't deal online. TIV people are somehow dubious. I'm in Benue, I know them very well, the business is not lucrative the way you see it.

I know her way back. grin

As long as it's her, no scam.

How do you know the business isn't lucrative? Doesn't seem that way to me.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by JONSYN7154: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2020
Nmezor:
Wow,so many... Pls way bill some to me biko
I'll call you so we can talk about it.

Where's your location?
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Blessed3434(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
nuelyoyo:
Hello, please how can I contact you?

Sure, you are free to do so
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Nmezor(f): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
JONSYN7154:
I'll call you so we can talk about it.

Where's your location?
Eko
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by yomcity: 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
snowland:
Chai, see biz opportunity. How I wish I fit get someone reliable to manage this for me..

I can help u to manage it if u are ready
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by nuelyoyo(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
Blessed3434:

Sure, you are free to do so
Kindly drop an email address or Telegram handle.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Mgada1(m): 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
Service and wok kept me in Bunue for years, yam is like pure water over there. Damnit. Asides from their cheap girls,yam is very cheap. Then a thousand naira could get me over 20 tubers of yam, plus jaraa. Oh good old days.

Till date
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Blessed3434(m): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
nuelyoyo:
Kindly drop an email address or Telegram handle.

Text or call:09060139494...
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by oshionelecky: 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
snowland:

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Mgada1(m): 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
Wow!
i was even there today.
it is a big market .
the problem is they collect our yams at very cheat price nd market them at high price.
we all know this but no alternative.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by isaacfreeman99(m): 12:29am On Nov 19, 2020
that's my home town Ukum LG how of yam, rice, G.nut, soybeans and orange, dm me if you are interested anyone location especially in ph. Am reliable.
If nigerian government is wise they should have open a pharmartica starch producing company here or driadge river benue to river k/ala so that foreign marketers can come to this place and buy goods.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by rummmy: 2:34am On Nov 19, 2020
Buhari have made rice an oil well for his brothers by closing bothers just for his brothers to sell at their own fixed price but we go shock them this Christmas..... We have decided to shift to soup and garri this Christmas...... a bag if rice local rice is above 30k which is our minimum wage....
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by jansonn(m): 2:51am On Nov 19, 2020
4ckyou:

So why is it called North Central?
Its a politically inspired name
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by finest82(f): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2020
lekki1444:
yeah i only know two tiv people in my life. Kiddwaya and tuface cheesy cheesy
Tuface is an Idoma man not Tiv.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Don27tiky(m): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2020
primestreams:

wink Niger republic, Benin republic are all there grin We can do without you guys
I am from Benue and I can confidently tell u that hunger is not our problem in the state. When u say Nigerians are hungry that exclude benue. Cos food is not our problem. As a matter of fact buhari's regime is the best we have witnessed. Others may complain but for us in benue our lives have improved.we make more money from farming than we've ever had
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by primestreams: 8:38am On Nov 19, 2020
Don27tiky:
I am from Benue and I can confidently tell u that hunger is not our problem in the state. When u say Nigerians are hungry that exclude benue. Cos food is not our problem. As a matter of fact buhari's regime is the best we have witnessed. Others may complain but for us in benue our lives have improved.we make more money from farming than we've ever had
grin I am from delta zero hunger here
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Gordonz07(m): 8:40am On Nov 19, 2020
snowland:

Hook up with me if you are interested and ready.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.