Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video (1800 Views)

Miscreants Go On Rampage In Mushin, Set Buildings On Fire / Bank Robbers On Rampage In Osun Communities, Kill Five Persons / Bike Riders Beat Policeman Who Fell While Fleeing After A Raid, In Ikeja (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by MRSAWEDOFF: 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiTjTS3mgmo

Commercial motorcyclists, otherwise called “Okada” riders in the early hours on Wednesday, went on a rampage along Lagos Abeokuta-Expressway, by Ikeja along the area, barricading the road with a bonfire.

An eyewitness said the okada riders, at about 7 am, took to the road to protest over arrest and impoundment of their motorcycles by men of the Lagos Taskforce on Environment and Special Offences Unit in what they called “clampdown” on activities.

This came barely 24 hours when a similar incident happened at Mile 2 area of the state in which several vehicles and properties destroyed.

The arms wielding okada riders in their large numbers were seen on the expressway setting bonfire, thereby leading to traffic gridlock as motorists were turned back.

Also, all drivers of Bus Rapid Transit along the axis had to detour to avoid been caught in the web of the chaos.

At press time, police traffic wardens and men of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, who were earlier in the axis have been chased away by the rampaging okada riders.

The area has been turned into another war zone as men of Lagos taskforce and the okada riders engage on a violent clash with taskforce officials shooting sporadically into the air to disperse the protesters from the highway.

Therefore, motorists have been advised to avoid the troubled area and make use of alternative routes to their destinations.

Meanwhile, men of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA and state fire service and other emergency responders are currently battling to prevent fire explosion following a lone auto crash involving a diesel tanker along Murtala Muhammed International Airport Road.

According to Director General of LASEMA, Dr Femi Oke-Osayintolu, the tanker loaded with 33,000 litres of diesel overturned due to driver negligence.

The driver and motor boy who sustained injuries in the process have been transferred to hospital.

“A combined team of Agency firefighters, the Lagos State Fire Service, Nigeria Police and Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, FAAN fire service are all responders at the scene. Transloading of product is about to commence. Recovery of tanker ongoing,” Oke-Osanyitolu stated.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/okada-riders-on-rampage-in-ikeja/amp/
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Kingnutts(m): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
I experred this...
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
The army need to be sent out to put law and order.

Since the police have been undermined, now we need to be on curfew and strict suppression for law and order to be enforced.
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Righteousness89(m): 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
Let people not overstretch the leniency given... it may get a point shoot to disarm may be employed..

1 Like

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
the question is , is it the right time to start seizing bikes and arresting those guys when tension are high and police are the targets ? Who ever gave that order is not wise at all. They suppose build relationship with the natives first and make sure they relate well until probably next year early January when there is less traffic before you start enforcing the law. Now its getting out of hand. Endsars has opened many eyes and it wont stop now until election time. Bad roads everywhere, working bike businesses like gokada and opay stopped because of politics, people lost jobs, and now covid and endsars activated respectively, you are now expecting people to obey order now. OYO...

2 Likes

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Since the police have been undermined, now we need to be on curfew and strict suppression for law and order to be enforced.

Army will soon be tired of all these either sooner or later. When it comes to this, systematic approach should be used not force. People are hungry and many businesses have collapsed. So jobless guys will join these to make it worse and cause anarchy. If forces are used , it may not end well again. And lots of innocent people will be affected too. In all, all these are results of hardship and bad governance overtime.

2 Likes

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

This lawlessness is getting too much. Though I don't agree with soldiers been unleash on the street. I'm sure the police can still keep things in control with an iron fist
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
priceaction:
the question is , is it the right time to start seizing bikes and arresting those guys when tension are high and police are the targets ?..
See mumu question grin So make Government no enforce law again abi because this is not the right time abi? grin

Very soon, you go carry gun go rob, when dem catch you, you go talk say no be the right time for them to catch you be this grin

There is no excuse for lawlessness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Mayng01(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
See as all la policia japa, men! There is power in mob
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
Mayng01:
See as all la policia japa, men! There is power in mob
True true
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by RuddyFusion(m): 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Is this the right time to start disturbing people who are just trying to survive?....From Covid lockdown to #endsars and you think you can just go out and start arresting people?
..what is wrong with this people?

1 Like

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by cktheluckyman: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
priceaction:

Army will soon be tired of all these either sooner or later. When it comes to this, systematic approach should be used not force. People are hungry and many businesses have collapsed. So jobless guys will join these to make it worse and cause anarchy. If forces are used , it may not end well again. And lots of innocent people will be affected too. In all, all these are results of hardship and bad governance overtime.
The same way idiots like him advised Sanwolu to use force at the protesters at the Lekki toll gate

3 Likes

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by sapientia(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
You can't fight crime with gun and win.
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by davit: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Cos they never used okada robbed you nah. So many have been robbed on okada the past few days alone.
RuddyFusion:
Is this the right time to start disturbing people who are just trying to survive?....From Covid lockdown to #endsars and you think you can just go out and start arresting people?
..what is wrong with this people?
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
BabaOwen:
This lawlessness is getting too much. Though I don't agree with soldiers been unleash on the street. I'm sure the police can still keep things in control with an iron fist
I laugh at your ignorance, man. which police? the one that people have trust in. Nobody is saying law and others should not be enforced, but tensions are still high. Police and lasma are still the target. They need wisdom in handling this especially those task force officers. You no see how them japa abi. why you no tell them to wait and use maximum force na. I wonder how some of you still reason in situation like this, honestly. Anything force now, can lead to death, at least you heard them shooting as they were escaping, if any one dies, it will turn bloody again and they will loose control totally, thats what i am saying. And many innocent citizens like you and me will be affected if to say you are in lagos or probably along that route. Not everything is instant force, bro.

2 Likes

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
priceaction:

I laugh at your ignorance, man. which police? the one that people have trust in. Nobody is saying law and others should not be enforced, but tensions are still high. Police and lasma are still the target. They need wisdom in handling this especially those task force officers. You no see how them japa abi. why you no tell them to wait and use maximum force na. I wonder how some of you still reason in situation like this, honestly. Anything force now, can lead to death, at least you heard them shooting as they were escaping, if any one dies, it will turn bloody again and they will loose control totally, thats what i am saying. And many innocent citizens like you and me will be affected if to say you are in lagos or probably along that route. Not everything is instant force, bro.
You're a daft boy. Nah me do mistake they reply you quote grin Just make sure you break the law and refuse to be arrested by the police grin
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
BabaOwen:
You're a daft boy. Nah me do mistake they reply you quote grin Just make sure you break the law and refuse to be arrested by the police grin
I learnt that you are part of those miscreants that is paid 30k to talk rubbish here. Its understandable to type rubbish as usual. Common engagements, you dont have than to insult people here and there... e-tout, tongue. Sorry oo. u go dey alright las las cheesy ...

2 Likes

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by DennisEche(m): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
TIME FOR ABOKI TO DEAL WITH THOSE AFONJA MISCRANTS
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by VirginFinder: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
TIME FOR ABOKI TO DEAL WITH THOSE AFONJA MISCRANTS

Typical pigidiotic post... grin

Aboooki slave!

1 Like

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by ejanla077: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
davit:
Cos they never used okada robbed you nah. So many have been robbed on okada the past few days alone.
dem no dey use motor Rob? Why dem no ban motor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by History555: 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Which army. Aboki army vs aboki okada men. Noting go happen

2 Likes

Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Swagavillage(m): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
Na wa
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
[s]
BabaOwen:
[/s] What is your problem zombie? You can always express yourself without insult.
Re: Again!!!! Okada Riders On Rampage In Ikeja - Video by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
priceaction:

So we should condole lawlessness until things are calm?..

If you are killed while disobeying the law, that's your business, that rioting only happened because of the curfew in place where people could not protect their businesses.

(1) (Reply)

Lifeless Body Of A Man Found Dumped By The Roadside In Imo (Graphic photo) / Teenage Girl Sets School On Fire, Kills 19 Students Over Seized Phone / See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.