Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,791 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards (6768 Views)

Lagos Government Shuts 16 Illegal Pharmacies / Second Wave Of COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Down Schools, Etc / 16 Health Benefits Of Oha Leaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by Lanrelagboi: 6:19am On Nov 19, 2020
… Restates Commitment to Improved Healthcare Delivery

The Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency, HEFAMAA, has shut 16 health facilities across the State for non-compliance with regulatory standards.

The Executive Secretary of the Agency, Dr. Abiola Idowu, who disclosed this today at Ikeja while reviewing the activities of the Agency for the month of September and October, 2020, explained that out of 280 health facilities monitored in the months under review, 16 facilities were shut for infractions ranging from quackery, operating beyond schedule, lack of qualified medical personnel to non-registration of facilities, training of auxiliary nurses and lack of basic equipment.

She warned that the State government will not tolerate such unprofessional practices, which could compromise the health and the wellbeing of patients and undermine the huge investment of the State Government in qualitative healthcare delivery, stressing that any facility owner or operator found perpetrating any of these acts will be prosecuted accordingly and the facility sealed.

“These unethical practices could compromise the health status of patients and undermine the huge investment of the government in qualitative healthcare delivery. Hence, any healthcare facility owner or operator found perpetrating any of these acts will be prosecuted accordingly and the facility sealed”, she asserted.

While clarifying that health facilities earlier sealed can be reopened after all standards and instructions have been observed and approval granted by the Honourable Commissioner for Health, the Executive Secretary disclosed that 14 facilities were reopened in the two months under review after complying with the set standards.

She maintained that the Agency will continue to insist that the environment for the delivery of healthcare services should be suitable for the promotion and maintenance of good health.

Idowu, therefore, urged health facility operators to abide strictly by all stipulated standards to avoid being sanctioned, adding that they should also complete their online registration or renewal using the HEFAMAA e-portal, collect the Agency’s logo and display it at a conspicuous position in the premises where visible to members of the public.

Disclosing that the Agency attended to eight petitions from members of the public in the month of October, the Executive Secretary advised the people to be vigilant and patronise only government-accredited health facilities with the Agency’s logo or proof of registration, advising the public to report those behind illegal operations for prompt action.

She hinted that the Agency recently held a stakeholders’ session to develop a five-year strategic plan, which according to her, will point the way forward in policy formulation for the Agency in the next few years.

In her words: “Some of the key areas we are focusing on include leveraging technology to provide efficient services, training and retraining of HEFAMAA staff and facility operators, increasing community participation and health education as well as increasing our engagements with stakeholders and the general public”.

“It is our belief that the strategic plan will go a long way in addressing most of the issues raised by stakeholders and the general public as well as provide the Agency with the opportunity to achieve the vision of the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu led administration in safeguarding the health and the well-being of the citizens”, Idowu added

https://twitter.com/Oreoluwa_Finnih/status/1329021886139871232?s=19

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by money121(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2020
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by PopeToyeeb: 6:55am On Nov 19, 2020
Lagos State! Always proactive cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by Soarr(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by oluwasegun007(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2020
Aiit
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 19, 2020
Check out my new instagram account @cozyfops. It's all about wears. Always look good with @cozyfops
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by Calazoto: 6:56am On Nov 19, 2020
I did I just read shut down?na wa o!

Here is gift for you, chat me up if you need maca root powder for honey/sex enhancing effects, low sperm count, infertility etc.

Promo price only for 5k
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by MoxxxxO123(m): 6:56am On Nov 19, 2020
Nice development
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by ChampagneF(m): 6:57am On Nov 19, 2020
lol
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by MrAnele(m): 6:58am On Nov 19, 2020
Cool
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by Calazoto: 6:58am On Nov 19, 2020
Health facilities wey no reach, you still dey shut am down.

You do well o. wink

Meanwhile, chat me up if you need maca root powder for honey/sex enhancing effects, low sperm count, infertility etc.

Promo price only for 5k
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by slawormiir: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Seal them moda fuckkking damnnn asss if they can't comply with the set rules

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by helinues: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2020
shocked
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by okomile(f): 7:02am On Nov 19, 2020
Good one!

This country is a joke

People just do whatever they want to make money
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 19, 2020
Last week I asked for help concerning my bday that even tho I see two cups of rice but nobody cares to listen to me here.. I know there are good Samaritans here but they are just blinded not to see the post.. I know how it feels to be broke.. Let's help people with genuine reasons.. 1k can make a difference in peoples life.. As God will have it.. I was broke that I can't even eat good food on my birthday.. Now I'm no longer broke

Today I want to bless somone who is celebrating his or betray today

I know what it feels not to have. Money

I know what it feels to celebrate birthday and not have money..
I just want to bless someone who celebrates his or birthday today.. Just send me a mention or pm

I will continue to help people as the lord lives

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by adioolayi(m): 7:03am On Nov 19, 2020
Forcefully enforcing the law to generate revenue....Lagos MUST be rebuilt.

If you are in Lagos..... It's better to be on the right side of the law at this moment...If you break any law...be ready to pay through your noise cheesy cheesy

If you know...you know grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by Perfecttouchade: 7:05am On Nov 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by Gbest90(m): 7:05am On Nov 19, 2020
Nice one.

Too many quack hospitals everywhere.
Wasting innocent lives.

Came across one in Edo State. The theater was like a store room.
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by 4lorunsho(m): 7:05am On Nov 19, 2020
Efop:
Check out my new instagram account @cozyfops. It's all about wears. Always look good with @cozyfops

Do you sell male round neck
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by coolatlantic: 7:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Ok

Get rid of sickle cell anemia.
Check my signature for details.
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by 4lorunsho(m): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2020
It is well with our soul
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by ATEAMS: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2020
Federal Republic of Lagos Lagos
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by FOREX4free(m): 7:09am On Nov 19, 2020
Good move
Re: Lagos Shuts 16 Health Facilities For Non-compliance With Regulatory Standards by owolabi5: 7:11am On Nov 19, 2020
CarPapers.com.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For November 17 2020 In Nigeria / Ulcer Is Killing Me; Please Help!!! / Meet Prof Akin Abayomi, Lagos New Commissioner Of Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.