Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola (2788 Views)

Treason! Buhari Wake Up! Biafra Flag Hoisted Live In Aba Nigeria Territory / We’ll Continue To Defend Nigeria’s Territory With Our Blood — Nigerian Army / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by ekubear1: 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
NewsMar 17, 2011

Lagos – Gov. Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State says the reclaiming of 2.4 million cubic metres of land from the Atlantic Ocean for the Eko Atlantic City Project has expanded Nigeria’s territory.

Fashola said this on Wednesday while inspecting the project being executed by the South Energy of Holland in association with some others firms.

We are reclaiming and restoring the geographical territory of Lagos State and by extension that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

We are reclaiming the land lost to the Atlantic Ocean by uncontrollable erosions that we have now brought under control,’’ the governor said.
He commended the contractor for its commitment.

The Commissioner for Water Front Infrastructure, Mr Adesegun Oniru, has just informed me that within the next 24 months,  Lagosians will begin to see the emergence of one of the apartment blocks, a 24-storey building emerging from where we stand today, meaning that the future has started.

By this singular act, the contractor has indeed put its money, time, experience and integrity into the project so as to deliver it as promised, starting with the construction of the 1.5km ocean seashore,’’ he said.

Fashola noted that in 2007, sea waves of about 70 metres high buffeted the coastline, but that shorelines constructed by the contractor protected Victoria Island and Ikoyi from being flushed.

He said that the shorelines would also protect the Eko Atlantic City when completed.

It will be a new city on the coast, a city that will run and operate like any other city in the world with 24 hours electricity, new business centres, housing and efficient transport facilities.

This is the future that Lagos promises, a future that is within a short distance,’’ he said.

Oniru said that areas reclaimed from the Atlantic Ocean were lost to the ocean from 1905.

The commissioner said that with the reclamation, Lagos could now account for 180km of the 853km stretch of Nigeria’s coastal area.

The firm ground we are all standing on today  was part of the Atlantic Ocean which was between 12 metres and 15 metres deep before the contractors
reclaimed it,’’ he said.

He listed facilities that would be in the city to include network of roads and surface water bridges.

There will also be a dedicated electric power generation with underground distribution network of service ducks to provide  information technology services,’’ he added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/eko-atlantic-city-project-has-expanded-nigeria%E2%80%99s-territory-fashola/
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by jason123: 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
I gbadun this guy!!! How I wish all the governors in Nigeria think this way . . .
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by ekubear1: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
^-- Really cool if you think about it.

Wikipedia currently lists Nigeria's landmass as 923,768 square km.

When this project is finished, we will have to update Wikipedia to take into account the territory that Fashola has added cool
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by jason123: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2011
^^^I know . . . . . and that is why he will be re-elected as the state governor and hopefully our president after everyone becomes tired of Zoning!
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by AljUche: 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2011
fashs my man,.,. good one

even without FG presents you can achieve like this,.,. good respect for youself and the people of SW

northern leaders liek ibb and co are you watching angry
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 10:17am On May 06, 2020
OYENIYIJK guy tell them that thing nah

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 10:40am On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2:
OYENIYIJK guy tell them that thing nah
nawa for you oh guy cry cry cry cry cry

just ask them as i tell you

WHO HERE HAS SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA AMERICA AS HIS/HER VPN LOCATION. THERE IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE RECTIFIED NOW

Valwezzy abeg help me ask them there, pls put it in bold. thanks

i am sharing vpn with someone and i am banned from business section
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by OYENIYIJK: 10:45am On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2:

nawa for you oh guy cry cry cry cry cry

just ask them as i tell you

WHO HERE HAS SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA AMERICA AS HIS/HER VPN LOCATION. THERE IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE RECTIFIED NOW

ask that girl weda she don experience the thing before
go check if that is how you want it
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by saponda249: 10:46am On May 06, 2020
Good, test it on them first
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 11:16am On May 06, 2020
cc noCAP
bro please did you use that vpn location yesterday
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by noCAP(m): 11:51am On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2:
cc noCAP
bro please did you use that vpn location yesterday
Yes, but i used a different vpn on my phone
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:00pm On May 06, 2020
noCAP:
Yes, but i used a different vpn on my phone

bro no vex abeg free the vpn for me, i use the same. it seems we were dragging study yesterday cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by noCAP(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2:

bro no vex abeg free the vpn for me, i use the same. it seems we were dragging study yesterday cry cry cry cry cry cry
lol, I have stopped using it since like two days now. It's probably someone else on that thread using it. Wait, you didn't do any study yesterday?
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:10pm On May 06, 2020
noCAP:
lol, I have stopped using it since like two days now. It's probably someone else on that thread using it. Wait, you didn't do any study yesterday?
i clicked on a survey yesterday and i was alerted that my family member has taken up the survey cry cry cry cry grin grin grin
i did only one yesterday

you can imagine cry cry cry cry
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by noCAP(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2:

i clicked on a survey yesterday and i was alerted that my family member has taken up the survey cry cry cry cry grin grin grin
i did only one yesterday

you can imagine cry cry cry cry
same thing i experienced when i was using it. no be person tell me to dump am. Just search for another VPN you can use. you can still choose the Santa Clara location, just make sure it's on another VPN or vpn extension
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by GamalNasser: 12:14pm On May 06, 2020
Is this Fashola sound at all? how does sand filling your water Territory expand Nigerias Territory grin grin..The international law is clear that all waters upto 200 nautical milles from a countrys coast line is it's territory so I don't understand how Fashola can be this ignorant and spew rubbish for cheap applause

Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:32pm On May 06, 2020
noCAP:
same thing i experienced when i was using it. no be person tell me to dump am. Just search for another VPN you can use. you can still choose the Santa Clara location, just make sure it's on another VPN or vpn extension
bro that vpn dey favour me. i die there ohh cry cry cry cry cry cry

highest they ban all the accounts associated to the vpn cry cry cry cool
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:33pm On May 06, 2020
GamalNasser:
Is this Fashola sound at all? how does sand filling your water Territory expand Nigerias Territory grin grin..The international law is clear that all waters upto 200 nautical milles from a countrys coast line is it's territory so I don't understand how Fashola can be this ignorant and spew rubbish for cheap applause
bro this was 9 years ago oh
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by GamalNasser: 12:34pm On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2:

bro this was 9 years ago oh
Ohh I didn't see the date
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:39pm On May 06, 2020
Equal2DeTask
undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry BRO YOU ARE VERY DUMB sorry to say
you have just been asking stupid obvious questions since on that chuksbaby thread
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:45pm On May 06, 2020
cc InspireWealthB
bro pls that vpn is mine, i have been on this thread since page 4 cry cry cry cry cry cry

i was the one that asked OYENIYIJK to post that message

abeg drop am make them no ban our accounts cry cry cry cry
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:50pm On May 06, 2020
InspireWealthB
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by noCAP(m): 12:50pm On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2:

bro that vpn dey favour me. i die there ohh cry cry cry cry cry cry

highest they ban all the accounts associated to the vpn cry cry cry cool
lol, them no fit ban anything. Highest, getting surveys will be based on who sharp pass
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:50pm On May 06, 2020
cc InspireWealthB
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:52pm On May 06, 2020
noCAP:
lol, them no fit ban anything. Highest, getting surveys will be based on who sharp pass
i know say you still dey use am. you wan use sense whyne me make i leave am cry cry

but bro honestly i was using that vpn before you cry cry
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 12:53pm On May 06, 2020
cc InspireWealthB
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by noCAP(m): 12:55pm On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2:

i know say you still dey use am. you wan use sense whyne me make i leave am cry cry

but bro honestly i was using that vpn before you cry cry

i dey serious bro. na nord I dey use for pc now
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by InspireWealthB: 12:57pm On May 06, 2020
millennialaku2

Hello bro, sorry about your plight. I also didn't get any survey yesterday on my USA account. Though I got several notifications for them.
This morning I have received a study notification but didn't see anything when I logged in.

Open a UK account bro. I just finished a survey on my UK account.
I'll also try to get a different VPN for my USA account.

All the best and more mula to your account.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by InspireWealthB: 12:58pm On May 06, 2020
noCAP:
i dey serious bro. na nord I dey use for pc now

I got free Nord premium accounts on my device only for the memory card to damage yesterday
Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by dukeprince50: 12:59pm On May 06, 2020
GamalNasser:
Am I missing something? if that's the case then isn't it logical to say the water territory has been expanded, cos after claiming the land, it automatically shifts the water territory, or is logic not necessary in such a situation?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola by millennialaku2: 1:06pm On May 06, 2020
InspireWealthB:
millennialaku2

Hello bro, sorry about your plight. I also didn't get any survey yesterday on my USA account. Though I got several notifications for them.
This morning I have received a study notification but didn't see anything when I logged in.

Open a UK account bro. I just finished a survey on my UK account.
I'll also try to get a different VPN for my USA account.

All the best and more mula to your account.

cry cry cry pls I BEG YOU just change your vpn in your us account. i have only 15 pounds in my us account since two weeks, me sharing vpn with someone will limit me very well cry cry cry

i wanted to open a uk account yesterday but google rejected my number for email verification, now those free numbers are exhausted. i will buy a uk number from that your site you showed us when i cash out from this account . i wanted to create uk account in the first place but i didnt know where to get quality number. thanks for telling us about virtnumber

ALL THE BEST

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Insidiuos Growing Problem Of Almajiri Proliferation / Riot Breaks Out In Abuja / If Jonathan Is Impeached, Who Will Now Become The President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.