Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Male Gender Group And The Dangers Of A Single Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Male Gender Group And The Dangers Of A Single Story (211 Views)

Dangers And Errors Of Dating Among Minors / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / How To Train The Male Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Male Gender Group And The Dangers Of A Single Story by Oluwamarc(m): 11:21am On Nov 19, 2020
Amudipe Marcus

One of the numerous features that makes a story or narrative complete is when it is being told in a complete sense; well detailed, objective and devoid of sentiments. Today, we celebrate the international men’s day and the world toilet day, the sheer realization of this fact sends a cold shrill down my manly spine. The male gender is fast becoming endangered specie as the mention of the word “men’ or anything that comes along with it raises dozens of eyebrows. "Men this, men that," and all over the world the male gender suffers from one communal disease which is the danger of a single story. While we fight and consciously walk towards achieving a gender equal reality where both genders are given equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, the male gender has fallen down the ‘value ebb’ as it has been subjected to various forms of degradation arising from the consequences of single stories being told about it.

In the words of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie,”The single story creates stereotypes , and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story.’
Rapists, thieves, players etc are common terms used to describe when the world talks about the male gender, while we cannot deny the fact that this is true about a fraction of them, we must not forget that it will be an hasty generalization to conclude on these premises that the entire male gender can be defined in light of these descriptions. We do have amazing fathers and brothers who have risen above the 21st century perverse understanding of the male gender group.
While we get too quick to respond to incidents relating to perverse men in their internal working we must also remember to celebrate men who have chosen to be different, the ones who have chosen to remain committed to the classical ways of men which is built on nothing else but honor, dignity and chivalry else we fall into the trap of the dangers of telling a single story.

https://link.medium.com/y2khMarqxbb

Re: The Male Gender Group And The Dangers Of A Single Story by bukatyne(f): 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
Today is International Men's Day and World Toliet Day?

Tragically funny.

To think World Toliet Day was inangurated after IMD.

Anyways, Happy International Men's Day.

It is a day to celebrate the contribution of men in the six pillars:
1. Nation
2. Society
3. Community
4. Family
5. Marriage
6. Family

Nna weldone o! And keep doing more and more.

To Better Health for Men and Boys smiley

I must be in the spirit, I thanked God specially for giving me my husband this morning.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Federal Marriage Registry / My Babies Are On Fire!�� | Birthday Wishes To Sandra's Reality | #vlogmas2020 / New Expectant Daddys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.