Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian (25853 Views)

Khadijah Iliya: Damagum Daughter's Wedding Fatiha (Pictures) / Photo Of Iliya Ibrahim Achukwu, NSCDC Officer Killed At Kuje Prison / Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Jahwinaboy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2020
XANDERO85:
I pity any indigenous Christian group in states like Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Gombe, Borno, etc! They're endagered species!

Nasarawa and Plateau need to watch their backs too!
very true

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by specialmati(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2020
why can't we just divide this country
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by lastempero: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
Okuda:

lol. try correlate wetin u just talk to the topic of discussion. una dey try for senselessness.

Empty head try to understand my opinion before you show the world your stupidity.

I repeat it again,judiciary across the country is one of the reasons the country is not moving forward for not standing up against most of the crimes committed by govt and the purported judge just got served.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Reference(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:

The part in bold is a lie. The Supreme Court already settled the oil well ownership tussle a long time ago. The woman in question is already a judge in Cross River state. She has served in the state judiciary all her adult life without constituting any danger to the state. Now that it’s her turn to take over as CJ, you guys realised that she’s from Akwa Ibom and a danger to Cross River.

The hypocrisy of some of you guys stink to be honest. We all advocate for merit and campaign against nepotism once northerners are involved. When it’s on the home front, we throw away merit and support nepotism. We cannot make progress if people like you keep justifying nonsense because of petty sentiment.

Oga. That of Cross-River is of geo-political origin. Has nothing to do with the religious colouration this one has taken. Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River states have a lot of issues between them. The purge on both sides of the divide has been rumbling on for decades now and explodes in every administration when deep seated, fundamental issues of politics and governance arise.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Bnladan(m): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Sister in the Lord! Ignore them! If them like, let dem Appoint! If them no like let them keep it!

The Chief Judge of the universe, JESUS Christ is Patiently waiting for them..
HE does not do Partiality! HE is not Tribalistic and all that..
HE will render to Everyone According to their Doings..
The shameless at it again.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Goke7: 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
VULCAN:
I see how you deceitfully attempted to play a fast one by conflating what Ayade did with what was done in Gombe

You are a very deceitful man like your Principal Buhari.

Ayade's game was based on issues with the Judges state of origin and ties to another state and had nothing to do with religion.

Islam is a religion filled with deception and Bigotry especially as practiced in Nigeria.

Buhari is unable to find one single person of excellence from his religion to fill any appointment which is why he had to use a Sharia judge to replace the Chief Justice whom he illegally removed.

Why is Islam so anti excellence especially Nigerian Islam. Its almost impossible to find a Nigerian Muslim that can defeat Yoruba, Igbo or Delta indigenes in any a academic pursuit.

On the world stage you can't find them winning Nobel Prizes for Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics

Shame

stop the hypocrisy, it's the norm and convention that most senior judge in a state becomes the chief judge, it has nothing to do with politics and religion. Both Cross river and Gombe state have done wrong and should be condemned by all instead of giving excuses.

If we accuse northerners of being dangerously religious then we southerners are dangerously tribalistic
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by etrouble: 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
GIdiata:

Oga Righteousness, this your comment is a big shame and a slap to Christains.
Y are you double faced? are you sure you are truly a Christian or you are just a HYPOCRITE?

I SEE/READ UR POST WHERE YOU SUPPORT/LOVE TRUMP ON THE BASIS THAT TO YOU, HE FIGHTS FOR CHRISTAINS.

BUT HERE YOU ARE ASKING HER TO IGNORE THEM. WHO ARE YOU REALLY?

WHY NOT ADVICE TRUMP TO IGNORE THEM?
WHY NOT ADVICE CHRISTAINS IN NIGERIA ESPECIALLY IN THE NORTH TO IGNORE BOKO HARAM AND LET THEM BE KILLED AT WILL?

SHAME ON YOU BRO. IT'S REALLY PATHETIC READING THIS COMMENT FROM YOU. A SUPPOSED MOUTHPIECE OF CHRISTAINS

You even have time to respond to internet miscreants like this one.

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
XANDERO85:
I pity any indigenous Christian group in states like Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Gombe, Borno, etc! They're endagered species!

what about the Muslims in rivers, Enugu, Anambra, ebonyi taraba, Cross river .....
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by guychidile: 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
hmm,jus passing
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by compton11(m): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:
The governor of Cross River did something similar and got away with it. Another governor is doing it because there was no national outcry over the Cross River situation. If Ayade was not allowed to stop the most senior and NJC recommended judge from assuming the office of chief judge of Cross River, his Gombe counterpart won’t be trying the same nonsense.
how much Jesus is the true judge of the universe?
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Ubiudumo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
She is from Gombe state and has been a judge in the same state for several years, her only offence is that she is a Christian and not a Muslim.

This country is really bleeped up. Injustice everywhere. If person dey choose where him go born, nothing for concern me with Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by chozzy: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
Sad
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Danzakidakura(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:
The governor of Cross River did something similar and got away with it. Another governor is doing it because there was no national outcry over the Cross River situation. If Ayade was not allowed to stop the most senior and NJC recommended judge from assuming the office of chief judge of Cross River, his Gombe counterpart won’t be trying the same nonsense.
you are a hypocrite. State and religion are different thing

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Danzakidakura(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
XANDERO85:

It's always been disgusting! Just that with Buhari the disgust levels have been cranked up a notch!

It's the stupid Christians and southerners who scream 'one Nigeria' the most that i pity!
here is a brother
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by oxiide22(m): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2020
GIdiata:

Oga Righteousness, this your comment is a big shame and a slap to Christains.
Y are you double faced? are you sure you are truly a Christian or you are just a HYPOCRITE?

I SEE/READ UR POST WHERE YOU SUPPORT/LOVE TRUMP ON THE BASIS THAT TO YOU, HE FIGHTS FOR CHRISTAINS.

BUT HERE YOU ARE ASKING HER TO IGNORE THEM. WHO ARE YOU REALLY?

WHY NOT ADVICE TRUMP TO IGNORE THEM?
WHY NOT ADVICE CHRISTAINS IN NIGERIA ESPECIALLY IN THE NORTH TO IGNORE BOKO HARAM AND LET THEM BE KILLED AT WILL?

SHAME ON YOU BRO. IT'S REALLY PATHETIC READING THIS COMMENT FROM YOU. A SUPPOSED MOUTHPIECE OF CHRISTAINS
why are u trying to be more Christian than real Christians? are you a crusader?

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Danzakidakura(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:

We are saying the same thing. However, it’s not enough to blame only the CJN. The citizens, the press, the NGOs, NBA, CAN and lots of other stakeholders should also be blamed. We look away when the person perpetuating a bad behavior is from a particular party or region and start crying when someone else does the same.

NBA and CAN have literally turned themselves to opposition parties against El-Rufai in Kaduna state. Imagine the kind of outcry that NBA and CAN would have raised if it was El-Rufai that did what Ayade did. But no, they kept quiet when it happened in Cross River. I won’t be surprised if they suddenly found their voices now that it’s happening again in Gombe to a Christian. The double standard that we all apply is what allows politicians to get away with nonsense.
Elrufai has been killing Christians in southern kaduna your Muslims leaders s are quiet about it, only mosque burnt at nsukka they are crying

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by oxiide22(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
She shouldn’t waste her time as long as she’s a Christian, the odds are against her as long as it’s this taliban junta
you're crusader, AKA Christian jihadist
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Okuda(m): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
lastempero:

Empty head try to understand my opinion before you show the world your stupidity.

I repeat it again,judiciary across the country is one of the reasons the country is not moving forward for not standing up against most of the crimes committed by govt and the purported judge just got served.

nobody no talk say ni be them dey cause alot of nonsense. i dey ask you, wetin u talk and the topic correlate?
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
XANDERO85:

Those minorities will be forced to accept islam. If they dont they will get southern kaduna treatment and end up loosing their communities.

Arewa is a pandora of problems, religious, political, cultural, economic, matrimonial, social, academic, terrorism, banditry, kidnapping, rape, opium & drugs, prostitution, alcoholism, child marriage, human trafficking.

Biafra please hurry up, get me out of here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
From the report

The HAG proceeded to preside over the meeting and to present his memorandum in which he proposed to the JSC that[b] Hon Justice Mu’azu Abdulkadir Pindiga, Ag. CJ/ Chairman JSC and Hon. Justice Joseph A. Awak should be shortlisted as preferred and reserve candidates respectively for the purpose of appointment as Chief Judge of Gombe State[/b].

So, in essence at the end of the day the competition is between a Christian and a Muslim.

The fact remains that if the AG nominated Justicce Iliya, he would have ended up with 2 christians fighting for thejob....which would have led to accusations of nepotisim from Muslims in Gombe.

For me the problem is the idea that you must have someone close to your religon or tribe in place before you can beneft from government things. The state AG was IMO between a rock and a hard place. Nominate Jusice Iliya, and end up with two christians and no muslim nominee. Nominate the Muslim, and escape being accused of bias.

Also, the whole thing looks more sexist than reliigion. The woman is being displaced by two males. Not fair.

All in all, Jusice Iliya deserves the post. The problem is, Nigerians think that to benefit from government you must have someone in place who is your religion and tribe. So that the national cake can be shared equitably. Meritocraacy be d-md.

NIGERIA NEEDS TO WAKE UP FROM THE IDEA OF A NATIONAL CAKE.

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Mjpem23(m): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Edolor:
Nigeria was not made to be one, it can never be one, nigeria is going to break up sooner than later mark my words.

But I don’t think you’ll survive to see the break up of Nigeria.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Okoroawusa: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
I don't expect anything good from Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

" Men will wrangle for religion, write for it, fight for it,die for it ; anything but live for it"
Charles Cotton (1825)

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love another"
Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction"
Blaise Pascal(1623-1662)
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by vincentjk(m): 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2020
XANDERO85:

Nasarawa has been overthroned already, ever since labaran maku lost the last election they're now convinced that they've lost their last chance

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
Okoroawusa:
I don't expect anything good from Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

" Men will wrangle for religion, write for it, fight for it,die for it ; anything but live for it"
Charles Cotton (1825)

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love another"
Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction"
Blaise Pascal(1623-1662)

When I was younger I once came across the scientist N.Vavilov. Vavilov was a guy who made major contributions to genetics. He was killed on the orders of Comrade Stalin because he did not agree with the favorued genetic interpretation by Lysenko

All these men were atheist.

You can blame Chrsitianity, Islam and Judaism for bad things.....but it is kind of a stretch to assume that evil will stop if all three relgions went into extinction.

A brutal war was fought thousands of years ago in what is now Germany. People died in the hundreds....except that they died lng before any major religion came to be.

Man will fight over anything, and commit evil. Religion or no.

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Kraytur: 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ya speaking about taqiya they believe
And the Quran allows them to lie and deceive others about being the same and one in a bid to conquer they believe
they’re the masters and we’re the slaves we must not let the 1999 constitution hold any longer
The north and sharia are bent on a conquest to take and control Nigeria
Their agenda is clearer now
Your elections uphold your slavery to the constitution and the north
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by madridsta007(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nemere2020:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/19/most-senior-lawyer-gombe-excluded-chief-judge-nominees-list-being-christian

Unfair but quite normal with what North.
It’s quite sad that the South isn’t helping out the Christians minorities in the North.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by farouk2much(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
i see nothing wrong, coz gombe is a islam state. No christian should be included.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by rachytenny2(f): 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
Being a Christian is gradually becoming a crime in Nigeria too undecided
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by chloride6: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
fergie001:

They will confirm it.

The law is that the State Judicial Service Commission submits to NJC and the latter recommends.

The NJC cannot recommend someone who wasn't sent to them.

In the case of CRS, they submitted her name, that is where the problem(s) lie.

Gombe State Govt knows that once they submit Justice Beatrice's name, she must be picked, been the most senior...the NJC don't have anything to do.

They will just tell her to go to Court. Painfully, she can do nothing.

Allow me to refer you to the 2012 Osun State CJ issue where the NJC rejected the list of nominees sent and asked for the name of the most senior judge in the state to be sent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/njc-vs-aregbesola-osun-to-reject-cjs-choice/amp/

Last Last,

Gombe wont have a chief judge
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by haaryobhami: 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:
u really have u head far up hausa/Fulani people ass .
omashe oh
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Eriokanmi: 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
North and religious bigotry. I comment my reserve
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Eriokanmi: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:
was the cross river pesin too a Muslim as the gombe madam be Christian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jimi Lawal Emerges PDP Governorship Candidate In Ogun State / Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date / Ondo Election: APC To Investigate Tinubu’s Anti-Party Moves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.